Should we abolish religion?

Willieh

The world would be a lot better without it.

However, we all know it cannot happen. Religion is needed for those who need someone to believe him, and would like to have a point in life. Religion is a path some people may choose for the whole "Why am I here" thing.

As good as it would be not to have preachers on the street, shouting at people, and preachers coming to your door praising God, it's going to have to stay.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The world would be a lot better without it.

However' date=' we all know it cannot happen. Religion is needed for those who need someone to believe him, and would like to have a point in life. Religion is a path some people may choose for the whole "Why am I here" thing.

As good as it would be not to have preachers on the street, shouting at people, and preachers coming to your door praising God, it's going to have to stay.[/s']

Or just 1, like in the uk there used to be 1 type of church and now there is like 30 >.<

~ Atomix

No, we shouldn't. There will always be conflict here, over land, blah, blah.

Religion is important. It gives us hope, strength and many other things. Abolishing faith is like abolishing hope.

Yes, I am a believer in God (by the looks of it, the only one here :lol:). We all know we cannot wipe out faith: Stalin couldn't do it. People will only pray harder.

To deny faith would be to deny those who died for it: The hunderads in the crusades, Jesus' followers, ect.

Just because you cannot solidly prove that God is not real because you cannot hear him speak, does that make him any less real?

Yeah, fine. Call me sensitive about this matter. I don't care :roll:

P.S. Is this REALLY the place for such matters?

Archived