Dycan the Samurai Pirate - a new card to celebrate a new set

Hello everyone. I have another card for you to rate/hate/comment. I recently completed a new card set based around pirates. I had an extra picture left over, so I made this card to celebrate the set's completion. Without further ado:

57819ux3.jpg

Lemme know whatcha think. If you want to see the completed Pirate set, click on the link in my signature. :D

lol, another cool card from you. I really like the picture (I'm neutral between pirates and ninjas, haha). It's a bit squashed but it's still good. And I like the warping effect the pic...I don't know what to call it, like fisheyed maybe? I dunno. *referring to curvature of the horizon*

ocg wise, you can summarize all that flipping over stuff and damage calculation with "before the damage step." lol, since both of these actions are done during the damage step. Otherwise, the ocg is fine.

I like the overall effect. The atk boost is a simple one, but it's nice. Chances are, this will be an 1800/2000 beatstick that doesn't fear facedowns.

So yeah, cool card, me likes.

Thanks. Any rating? Did you get the joke in the card name? o_O

Wow...damn' date=' I feel stupid, totally missed that. Now I know why you added that comment about ninjas, lol. The funny thing is that the picture reminded me a lot of Mitsurugi, so, I think, on some subconscious level, I just recognized the the character was both a samurai and a pirate, moved on, only consciously read Pirate.

Rating...erm...lol, I haven't been giving out ratings to people. I think I just like putting detailed comments more.

But, hm, I'll think up a scale (of course...as with my posts, it'll be longwinded ;)

0=bad, 5=[i']average[/i], 10=great

note, overall scores are not means, obviously lol

Picture

Coolness: 9.8

Quality: 7.7

Relevance to Effect: 2.6

Relevance to Name: 10.0

Overall: 9.2

Effect

Function: 9.5

Balance: 6.5

Originality: 4.0

Overall: 8.7

OCG

Phrasing: 9.0

Grammar/Syntax: 10.0

Overall Score: 8.8/10

So, basically, I could have just stated the bolded section...*shrugs* :P

Picture has been overused a bit, and that hasn't been cropped properly. But anyway. The effect itself is alright, good beatstick. What's with the Pirate Sub-Type? You didn't include an explanation of what it is, what does it do etc. Card is also OP, since it can destroy face-down monsters AND gets boosts with no downsides to him.

Archived