Shining Dragon of Nephthys - the next evolution of Nephthys

Hello everyone. I have another card for you to rate/hate/comment. While searching for images to use for my next set, I came across this image. Looking at it, it reminded me of "Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys". This gave me an idea for a card. Without further ado:

57819pp1.jpg

CARD TEXT

"Divine Dragon Ragnarok" + "Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys"

This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Fusion Summon. When this card is Fusion Summoned, destroy all face-down cards on the field. Negate the effect(s) of Effect Monsters destroyed by this card by battle. When this card is sent to the Graveyard by an opponent's card effect, you can remove this card from play to destroy all cards on the field.

Lemme know whatcha think! :D

Yeah, it does seem a bit overpowered. I guess I made it that way so that it could reward the player for using cards that "normally" would not go well together in a deck. How many people do you know that would use "Divine Dragon Ragnarok" in their Deck? Not many. They would rather just use "Lord of D." and a Fusion substitute to make "King Dragun"...

For its ATK, I just took the ATK of the Phoenix and added in the Divine Dragon's ATK. If I left it alone, the Shining Dragon's original ATK would have been 3900 - which would be too much IMO. I thought that 3500 would be a good start. However, you did point out the overpowering effect in general.

Thanks for your input. :D

I like the "destroy all face down cards on the field" effect and the second effect is good, because it protects this powerhouse from being destroyed by YOMI SHIP etc and messes up opponents combos, eg: giant rat is negated! :)

But the ATK and DEF is too high, all NEPTHYS have had 2400 ATK because of their strong effects and this card is just far too strong ATK and DEF wise!

The last effect is a bit overpowered, maybe increase the cost required to do it?

Perhaps remove more cards from play, or pay life points?

Becuase it's unlikely that it's gonna be destroyed by battle!

So it's effect will almost definately activate!

Not too keen on the pic, but that's just me...Really good idea btw!

8/10

It is NOT overpowered.

First of all, you have to get it out. The only way to effectively do this is via Future Fusion and Dragon's Mirror.

Second of all, your opponent has to be stupid enough to send it to the Graveyard with a card effect. Torrential Tribute, Mirror Force, Snipe Hunter, Dark Armed Dragon, Judgement Dragon, sure. Still, Bottomless Trap Hole is played in threes these days, and if it's removed, it can't kill everything.

To be honest, SP, when I read this, I was all "Oh, great, another noob needs a time out..." until I saw your name attached to it. hahh. :P

9.3/10

Archived