Yu-Gi-Oh! Cyberspace [Episode 22/52]

TotalObelisk

Which is your favourite main character of Cyberspace?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite main character of Cyberspace?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, I haven't actually made him yet, but rest assured he will appear.

[spoiler=episode 8]Episode 8: Blinding White Flame. The impossible duelist.

The boy stared up in shock as a monster materialized in front of him.

“Impossible,” he stammered “That’s impossible!”

His opponent merely grinned at him as the summoned monster shot a white flame towards his Machine Lord Ür was destroyed. He glared up at his opponent’s field which consisted of a tall woman dressed in white with a bandage over her eyes, surrounded by a white flame and small red bird surrounded by a giant red flame.

“You’re not invincible!” The boy yelled, drawing a card from his deck “I remove Machine Lord Ür, and Pitch-Black Warwolf from play…”

The two cards appeared behind the boy and were sucked into a dark vortex behind him.

“Rise up Beastgod Machineking - Barbaros Ur!” The boy said.

A great cyborgish centaur burst from the vortex, his long blond hair flowing out behind him.

“Neither of your monsters is strong enough to withstand his attack,” the boy said “Go, Beastgod Machineking, attack Firebird!”

The boy’s monster galloped forwards and thrust one of his huge blades forwards, impaling the Firebird on the end of it and destroying it, reducing its owner’s life points to 500.

“This duel’s done,” the boy said.

“Correct,” his opponent said in a female voice.

A white flame suddenly shot from her side of the field and engulfed the boy, he coughed and his life points dropped to 1000 as the flames cleared.

“What was that?” he gasped.

“When a Fire attribute monster is destroyed, Kachua inflicts damage to you equal to that monster’s ATK.” His opponent explained.

“No way,” the boy gasped.

“Now to end this,”

“Huh?”

“Reverse card open,” the boy’s opponent said “Time Machine.”

“Time Machine?” The boy’s eyes widened “That resurrects a monster that’s just been destroyed.”

“Correct,” his opponent said “And when a Fire monster is special summoned, Kachua inflicts damage to you equal to its ATK.”

“Ah,” the boys eyes widened as the black machines rose out of the ground in a cloud of smoke and the doors began to open “Ahh!”

He yelled out loud as white flames erupted from Kachua, engulfing him completely and reducing his life points to zero.

Ai gazed out of the window of the classroom, completely bored. Izo’s seat was empty and she didn’t know anybody else in the class that well to try and speak to them. She shifted her gaze over to his empty seat and shrugged, looking back up to the front of the class while the teacher spoke.

“Izo,” she thought “Where’d you go?”

In truth Izo was standing in a lift with his father as it ascended upwards. Izo looked up at his father, a tall man with a pair of square glasses and neat white hair. The two of them remained silent until the doors in front of them slid open and they stepped into a vastly furnished lounge. A set of ceiling high windows dominated one wall, allowing an almost perfect view over Neo Domino city. As Izo looked up he saw a man wearing a dark suit with long and seemingly un-tamable hair that fell over his shoulders and back in several spiked clumps. His eyes were black and just looking at him gave off a sense of power and authority.

“Joshinyu Tenshi,” Izo’s father said, giving a low bow “An honor.”

“Don’t call me Joshinyu,” Josh replied “Josh will do just fine.”

“I apologies,” Izo’s father said.

The two of them walked further into the room and sat down on a sofa opposite Josh. Three mugs of tea had been placed on a coffee table between them.

“I’d have thought you’d be a bit happier lately,” Izo’s father said “You have been promoted to Kaiba’s personal assistant.”

“I don’t like to boast,” Josh replied.

“Of course not,”

“There are two reasons why I’ve called to meet you here, Koru Geru,” Josh said, addressing Izo’s father.

Koru raised an eyebrow but said nothing. Josh took a file from his briefcase and slid it across the table towards Koru.

“The first concerns the Cyberspace project,” he said.

Koru took up the file and opened it, his eyebrows rising. He looked down at Izo briefly with an almost questioning look before turning his attention back to Josh.

“Interesting,” he muttered “It’s certainly far sooner than expected.”

He cast a wary glance at Izo before closing the file and passing it back to Josh. Izo watched the file as it moved across the table, a suspicious look on his face.

“The second matter is a little more…Local,” Josh said.

“And it makes bringing my son here necessary?” Koru asked.

“Of course,” Josh said “It was in the vicinity of the school you send him to.”

Koru and Izo both looked at each other then back at Josh.

“It concerns White Devil,” Josh continued.

“White Devil?” Koru repeated.

“Correct,” Josh said, bringing up a holo screen depicting a map of Neo Domino, several red dots were flashing on it as he passed it over to Koru.

Koru looked at the map, rubbing his chin as he did so.

“From what we can tell she’s female,” Josh said “And whereas she doesn’t harm her opponent they do come out in shock.”

“I wonder why,” Koru muttered.

“Something to do with the way she duels,” Josh said “Her last opponent was found in an alley near the school, saying ‘She’s just impossible’ over and over again.”

Koru raised an eyebrow: “Anything else?” He asked.

“Nothing so far,” Josh replied “Izo, make sure to keep an eye out for anybody around your school that seems…Impossible.”

“Yes sir,” Izo replied.

Both he and his father stood up and turned to leave.

“Oh and another thing,” Josh said.

The two of them stopped and looked over their shoulders at him.

“I wouldn’t get too attached to that friend of yours,” Josh said simply.

Izo blinked and turned back around.

“What did he mean by that?” He asked.

His father shrugged and pressed the button for the lift.

“I'm guessing I'm supposed to duel her,” Izo said.

“Of course,” his father said “Which reminds me.”

He reached into his pocket and took out a deck of cards and handed them to Izo.

“I've modified your deck,” he said “That burn strategy of yours can't work forever.”

Izo took the deck and shuffled through it.

“You have to keep your wits about you,” Koru continued “From what I can tell she's nothing like your average duelist.”

Ai sat down in at a deserted table in the dining hall with her food, letting out a sigh. Izo still hadn't turned up and she'd been bored the whole morning. She looked up and noticed Aoi and Yue walking across the room. Aoi spotted Ai and a grin spread across her face as she led Yue over to the table.

“Yo',” she said, sitting down opposite her.

“Err, hi,” Ai replied, a little put off by Aoi's enthusiastic smile.

“Where's that Izo guy?” Aoi asked “Don't you hang around with him?”

“I don't think he's come in today,” Ai said “He was acting a bit weird yesterday too.”

“Hm,” Aoi frowned, staring at Ai “I know!”

“Huh?” Ai looked up, confused.

“You need to cheer up,” Aoi said “So how about a duel?”

“Now?” Ai stared at her.

“Come on, there's no limit to when we can duel,” Aoi said.

“Hm,” Ai looked doubtful.

“Come on,” Aoi said, egging Ai on “I saw your duel yesterday, you were awesome.”

Ai looked away, not looking too pleased with herself. Aoi looked at her, confused.

“What's up?” Yue asked.

“Nothing,” Ai shook her head “I'm fine.”

“Great,” Aoi said, getting to her feet “Come on then.”

Ai gave a slightly pleading look before picking up her bag and following Aoi and Yue out of the cafeteria, Yue clutching Aoi's arm as they walked. A slight breeze blew past as they walked outside and Ai paused for a moment, looking behind her. Aoi stopped and looked over her shoulder.

“Something up?” She asked.

“Nothing,” Ai replied, shaking her head.

Aoi shrugged and they continued walking till they reach an area behind the school building made up of a narrow path between the wall and a high fence.

“This is our favorite dueling spot,” Aoi explained.

“Our?” Ai blinked.

Aoi merely smiled back and took out a deck and duel disk. Ai did the same, slipping the disk onto her arm.

“I've got a weird feeling,” she thought.

She looked up and noticed Aoi was helping Yue put the duel disk on.

“Huh,” Ai stared at them as Yue's duel disk automatically shuffled the deck.

“Something wrong?” Yue asked.

“I thought you where blind?” Ai said.

“I am,” Yue replied “Got something against that?”

“No, it's just...” Ai trailed off, staring at Yue.

“Well, let's get started,” Yue said, raising her duel disk.

“What have I let myself in to?” Ai thought.

Izo wandered down the street with his hand in his pockets, listening to the sounds of traffic rolling by. A slight buzzing noise came from his pocket and he pulled out his phone and flicked it open, coming to a stop.

“Yes?” He said.

“Izo,” his father said “Our satellites have detected a duel.”

“Yeah, that's what they're for,” Izo replied.

“I mean a duel at your school,” his father said.

“Between who?” Izo asked, rolling his eyes and wondering why this was important.

“We don't know,”

“What?” Izo's eyes widened suddenly.

“One of the duel disks is giving off a jamming signal,” Koru said “It's been the same with all the other duels involving the White Devil.”

“What?”

Izo immediately broke into a run, pushing past several people as he charged down the street.

“I'm on my way,” he said before hanging up and stowing his phone away again.

“Why do I feel so...Strange?” He thought as he ran.

“So, are we gonna duel or not?” Yue asked.

“Huh? Oh, yeah,” Ai replied, raising her duel disk.

“Then let's go,” Yue said, drawing a card.

“It's okay Ai,” Ai thought to herself “She's blind, she can't possibly be able to know what cards she's playing.”

“I summon Cocco Lupia in defense mode,” Yue said.

“Huh?”

A small red bird emerged in front of Yue, letting out a little chirrup.

“How did she...” Ai muttered, gazing from Yue's monster to Yue herself.

“Turn end,” Yue said.

Ai swallowed and drew a card from her deck.

“It's not such a big deal,” she told herself “Her monster only has 100 DEF, any of my monsters could defeat it.”

She took a card from her hand and placed it on the field.

“I summon Spell Girl – Luna in attack mode,” Ai said as her black mage rose up on her field.

“Heh, a Spell Girl deck, huh?” Yue muttered.

Ai hesitated slightly before recovering her compusure.

“Luna, attack Cocco Lupia,” she ordered.

Luna raised her staff, pointing it towards Cocco Lupia, a slight grin crossed Yue's face.

“Moonlight Flash!”

Luna fired a blast of silvery light towards Yue's monster, destroying it.

“Got you,” Ai said.

“Really?” Yue asked.

“Huh?”

The destroyed Coccop Lupia burst into flames and a new monster began to emerge, a small fat orange bird, still half in its shell.

“What?” Ai blinked, confused.

“When a monster I control is destroyed, I can special summon Baby Zoppe from my hand,” Yue explained “And, I have another effect to play.”

Another flame burst into life next to Baby Zoppe.

“When a monster is special summoned to my field, I can special summon Cocco Lupia from my graveyard,” Yue explained.

The flame cleared, revealing the small orange bird from before. Ai rubbed her eyes and stared at Yue's field.

“How is she doing this?” She thought.

Both Yue and Aoi both grinned broadly as they watched her.

Izo rushed down the street and turned a corner through the school gates, dodging past a few people who were standing around. He stopped in the middle of the yard, panting for breath and looking around.

“Where are they?” He thought.

He glanced about, but he didn't see any signs of anybody dueling.

“Damn,” he thought “If I don't find them...”

He took out his phone and dialed a number, raising it to his ear.

“Come on,” he muttered impatiently.

“My turn,” Yue said, drawing a card from her deck “Oh and, just so you know, Baby Zoppe is a Tuner monster.”

“Tuner monster?” Ai repeated “But that means...”

Yue's smile widened as Baby Zoppe exploded into three green lines which fell around her Cocco Lupia, transforming it into a single shining orb.

“A level four Synchro monster?” Ai thought.

“Synchro Summon!” Yue commanded “Blaze on, Explosive Soldier!”

A pillar of green light crashed down onto Yue's field and exploded into flames, revealing a soldier armored in red armor, armed with a flame thrower on one hand and a strange bladed yo-yo on the other. Ai's eyes widened as the monster fully emerged and the flames vanished.

“Explosive Soldier's effect activates,” Yue commanded “Explosive Flame.”

Yue's monster raised his flame thrower and fired a stream of flame towards Ai, dropping her life points to 3400.

“What just happened?” She asked as the flames died away.

“Explosive Soldier can inflict damage to you for each fire bird in my graveyard,” Yue explained “And he still has an attack, so go, Explosive Soldier, Explosive Strike!”

Yue's monster raised his other hand, throwing his spinning weapon towards Luna and destroying her, reducing Ai's life points to 3000.

“This can't be happening,” Ai muttered, staring at Yue in shock “How does she know what she's playing.”

Ai stared at Yue as she continued to grin at her.

“Wait, she couldn't be deck stacking could she?” Ai thought “Aoi put the duel disk on for her, so who's to say Aoi didn't fix it to draw certain cards at a certain time.”

Suddenly Ai's expression became more serious and she drew a card from her deck.

“My turn,”

Yue raised an eyebrow.

“Perfect,” Ai muttered.

She took the card she'd just drawn and summoned it to the field.

“I play Spell Girl – Aya in attack mode,” she said.

A girl with neat black hair and dressed in a contrasting black, white and gold costume emerged onto Ai's field

“I play Spell Girl – Aya's effect,” Ai said “By sending my Enchanted Sword to my graveyard, your deck is automatically shuffled.”

Yue's eyebrows raised as her duel disk automatically shuffled her deck, however her grin didn't fade.

“Now I play the effect of my Enchanted Sword,” Ai said “When it's sent from my hand to the graveyard as cost for a monster effect, I can increase the ATK of one monster I control by 1000 until the end phase.”

Aya gave off a blue glow and her ATK rose to 2000.

“Spell Girl – Aya, attack Explosive Soldier,” Ai said “Card Flash!”

Aya raised her staff, summoning a bunch of cards which rotated around it and then flew towards Yue's monster, destroying it and reducing her life points to 3700.

“Not bad,” she muttered.

“I end my turn,” Ai said.

“Heh,” Yue grinned and drew a card from her deck.

“There,” Ai thought smugly “Now that I've shuffled your deck, you can't tell what you've drawn.”

“Fire Bird swarming, activate,” Yue declared, activating the card she'd just drawn.

“W-What!?” Ai blurted out.

“Come on,” Yue said “You didn't think I was deck stacking, did you? I'm not that cheap.”

Two balls of fire erupted into life on Yue's side of the field.

“Now then,” she said “By the effect of Fire Bird swarming, I can special summon Baby Zoppe and Cocco Lupia.”

Both Yue's monsters appeared in front of her once more.

“Next I summon Kid Chipotto in attack mode,” Yue said.

A small white bird with a flaming tail, singed wings and a red hat decorated with candle flames appeared on Yue's field.

“Kid Chipotto, attack Spell Girl – Aya,” Yue ordered.

Yue's monster bowed its head and the two candle flames shot towards Ai's monster, destroying it and reducing her life points to 2500.

“Not good,” Ai thought.

“Turn end,” Yue said.

Ai drew a card from her deck and stared down at it.

“I don't get how she's managing to do this,” she thought “It's just impossible, impossible.”

She screwed her eyes shut and grabbed her head, shaking it from side to side.

“No, it's just not possible,” she thought “It can't be possible.”

She stopped and looked back up at Yue.

“That's right,” she thought “It is impossible, which means there must be a trick to it.”

Aoi raised an eyebrow at Ai's expression.

“I summon Spell Girl – Elda,” Ai said “And she gains an extra 100 ATK for my Enchanted Sword.”

Elda rose up on Ai's field, her ATK rising to 1500.

“True, but it's not enough to take out my Kid Chipotto,” Yue said.

“Spell Girl – Elda, attack Cocco Lupia!” Ai ordered.

Elda raised her hands and charged an orb of bright golden light between them and hurled it at Yue's monster, destroying it. Yue's life points dropped to 3600. A flame remained where Cocco Lupia once was and shot at Ai, reducing her life points to 2100.

“Huh?” She looked up, confused “But why.”

Just then, Yue's Kid Chipotto fired its candle flames towards Ai, reducing her life points to 1600.

“But, why?” She asked.

“Simple,” Yue replied “When Cocco Lupia is destroyed, my opponent takes damage equal to 200 times the number of fire bird monsters I have, and then, when a monster I control is destroyed, Kid Chipotto inflicts 500 points of damage to you.”

“W-What?” Ai blurted out.

Yue grinned again.

“So, you ending?” She asked.

“Err, yeah,” Ai replied, taking a card from her hand and laying it face down.

Yue drew a card from her deck and placed it in her hand, running her thumb along the bottom.

“Good,” she thought “Everything is in place.”

Ai bit her lip nervously, watching Yue.

“I summon Cac Surria,” Yue said.

A small, angry looking red bird with a tiny sword strapped to its back rose up on Yue's field.

“Now then,” Yue's smile seemed to widen “It's time.”

“Huh?” Ai stared at her.

“I tune my level 3 Baby Zoppe to my level 2 Cac Surria and my level 4 Kid Chipotto,” Yue said, her Baby Zoppe bursting into three green rings which fell around Yue's other two monsters, transforming them into orbs of light “A soul that knows nothing but darkness shall no no victory, but when my soul burns with a brilliant flame there's nothing that can stop it, so light up the heavens with your bright white flames!”

A pillar of green light crashed down on Yue's and a blue and white flame erupted onto her field, lighting up the alleyway. Ai took a few steps backwards, staring at the monster about to make its appearance.

“Synchro Summon!” Yue continued “Show yourself, Kachua the Fire Keeper!”

The flames parted and revealed a tall woman with neat blond hair, a flowing pink and white robe and some sort of bandage over her eyes. Ai stared at it for a moment, fear crossing her face.

“Do not be afraid,”

Ai gave a start and looked about, but there was nobody there.

“Kachua, attack Spell Girl – Elda,” Yue ordered “White Flame!”

Yue's monster waved its arm through the air, sending a wave of white flame towards Ai's side of the field.

“Trap card open,” Ai commanded “Defense Draw!”

Ai's monster was destroyed, however her life points remained the same.

“Defense Draw reduced damage I take for battle to zero and lets me draw a card,” Ai explained.

“Lucky escape,” Yue commented “Very well then, your move.”

Ai bit her lip and stared down at her hand.

“I've got to make this move count,” she thought “Otherwise I'll lose.”

She took a card from her hand and summoned it to the field.

“Let's go, Spell Girl – Kassie!” She commanded.

A ring of fireballs rose up on Ai's field and a girl with dark skin and hair decorated with a flower and a long crimson and gold dress rose up on Ai's field.

“I'll fight fire with fire,” Ai said “So I'll play Kassie's effect.”

Yue raised an eyebrow as Ai took a card from her hand and sent it to the graveyard.

“Spell Burning,” she commanded.

Kassie took one of the fireballs surrounding her and threw it at Yue, reducing her life points to 3400.

“Spell Girl – Kassie inflicts damage to my opponent equal to the number of spell cards in my graveyard times 100,” Ai explained.

Yue looked slightly smug all of a sudden.

“And the card I ditched was Fire Spirit,” Ai said “Meaning I can now special summon, Fire Union!”

A small fireball lit up on Ai's field a fairy with long red hair emerged from within it. Yue's grin widened again.

“I see,” she muttered.

“Let's go,” Ai said “I tune Fire Union to my Spell Girl – Kassie.”

Fire Union burst into two green rings and fell around Kassie, transforming her into four orbs of light.

“A heartbeat that lasts for eternity,” Ai chanted “And a soul that speaks of the powers of magic, combined together these elements will awaken an unlimited power. Synchro Summon, let's go, Spell Knight – Fiya!”

A pillar of green light crashed down on Ai's field and a girl with messy red hair and crimson and gold armor appeared from within it, surrounded by flames.

“Heh, so it's a fire match, is it?” Yue chuckled.

“Next, I play my Spell Mirror,” Ai said.

“What?” Yue looked slightly worried for once.

“By removing Enchanted Sword from play, Spell Mirror gains the same effect,” Ai explained.

The enchanted sword appeared in Fiya's hand and her ATK rose to 3300.

“Spell Knigt – Fiya, attack,” Ai ordered.

“Heh, not bad,” Yue said “But it's still not enough to defeat me.”

“I play Spell Knight – Fiya's effect,” Ai said.

“What?”

“By sending Spell Draw to my graveyard, not only does she gain 100 ATK, but also inflicts damage to you equal to your monster's ATK.”

“Wait,” Yue said “I only have 3400 life points left, so that means....”

Fiya leaped into the air, flames surrounding her sword.

“Go, Spell Knight – Fiya!” Ai said “Attack.”

A satisfied grin spread across Yue's face and she bowed her head as Fiya swung her sword, sending an almighty wave of flame over Yue's field, destroying her monster and reducing her life points to zero.

“Nice,” she thought.

“Yue!” Aoi ran over to her as Yue sank onto one knee.

“Don't worry, I'm fine,” Yue replied.

Aoi looked up at Ai, who was looking slightly confused.

“I've gotta admit, I didn't expect you to pull that one on me,” Yue said, you've definitely bested me here.”

“I was just wondering,” Ai said, walking over “How do you know what to play?”

“That?” Yue grinned again and showed Ai her Kachua the Fire Keeper card “My cards have brail on the bottom, I just feel that and I know what card I've drawn, Aoi's already made me memorize the effects.”

Aoi grinned and slapped Ai on the shoulder, causing her to jump.

“Well, you're probably the first person who didn't freak out,” she said “Most other people just got psyched.”

“Well...” Ai sounded slightly embarrassed “I kind of get worked up sometimes and I guess I forgot she was blind.”

She gave a nervous laugh, causing Aoi to raise an eyebrow.

“Ai!”

Ai looked about and saw Izo rounding the corner.

“Ai, what are you doing down here?” He asked.

“Making friends,” Ai said brightly.

“Were you dueling just now?” Izo asked, looking at the duel disk on Ai's arm.

“Me? No,” Ai replied “Yue's blind, she can't duel.”

“Oh...” Izo looked as though he'd just made a very obvious mistake in an exam.

“Hi there!” Aoi said, moving up in front of Izo “I'm Aoi, nice to meet you.”

She grinned down at Izo brightly, her cheeks turning slightly pink.

“Heh, is he that cute?” Yue asked.

“I guess,” Ai replied.

“Heh, don't worry,” Yue said “I'd probably have a crush on him too, but I have no idea what he looks like.”

“Err, nice to meet you,” Izo replied, sounding uncharacteristically awkward.

He cast a glance over at Ai and Yue.

“Something wrong?” Ai asked.

“Nothing,” Izo replied, shaking his head “Come on, this place smells.”

Ai grinned and followed him and Aoi out of the alley with Yue keeping one hand on her shoulder. Ai had a rather bright grin on her face.

2prtpmr.jpg

[spoiler=cards used in episode 8]

Prologue Duel:

MachineLord%C3%9CrVJMP-JP-UR.jpg

This card can attack each monster your opponent controls once. If this card battles, reduce Battle Damage inflicted to your opponent's Life Points to 0.

Pitch-BlackWarwolfDR3-EN-C.jpg

BeastgodMachineking-BarbarosUrVJMP-JP-UR.jpg

Remove from play from your hand, your side of the field, or your Graveyard, 1 Machine-Type monster and 1 Beast-Warrior-Type monster to Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card battles, any Battle Damage to your opponent becomes 0.

TimeMachineG3-JP-UR.jpg

English:

Activate only when a monster you control is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard by battle. Return that monster in the same battle position it was in when it was destroyed.

236iz7.jpg

FirebirdDR3-EN-C.jpg

236jy8.jpg

236bb7.jpg

aboy8p.jpg

236pp8.jpg

236gt8.jpg

Name: Enchanted Sword

Type: Equip Spell

Lore: Equip only to a "Spell Knight" monster. If a monster with more ATK than the equipped monster exists on your opponent's Field, the equipped monster gains 1000 ATK. When this card is sent from your hand to the graveyard as cost for a Monster Effect, once that effect resolves increase the ATK of 1 "Spell Girl" or "Spell Knight" monster you control by 1000 Until the End Phase.

236ur2.jpg

236cs5.jpg

236xt7.jpg

Name: Cac Surria

Attribute: FIRE

Level: 2

Type: Winged-Beast

Lore: When this card is Summoned, you can remove 1 FIRE monster in your Graveyard from play to Special Summon 1 Winged-Beast-type FIRE monster from your hand whos level is equal to that of the removed monster.

ATK: 300

DEF: 500

236lc0.jpg

418px-DefenseDrawTDGS-EN-R-1E.jpg

236ig4.jpg

236bj0.jpg

236mb4.jpg

236un6.jpg

Hm, not a good deal of comments so far...Oh well, I guess it's my fault for making the episodes too long ><...

[spoiler=episode 9]Episode 9: Devil Hunt part 1: Pure power, insect synchro.

“So there was nobody dueling there?” Koru muttered, holding the receiver to his ear.

“Correct,” Izo replied.

“But that is the precise location where the duel was detected,” Koru muttered.

“I’m guessing that they’re hiding something from us,” Izo replied “There were three people in that alley.”

“So, one of them must be the White Devil then,” Koru replied.

“Not exactly,” Izo said “One of them was blind.”

“So the possibilities are Ai Sakeru and Aoi Sian,” Koru mused.

“Yes,” Izo replied.

“I see,” Koru muttered “Then make sure to keep an eye on those two.”

“I don’t think that’ll be a problem,” Izo replied.

“And why not?” Koru replied.

“I think Aoi is stalking me,” Izo replied, looking down the corridor behind him to notice a flash of blue vanish around a corner.

He sighed and hung up, slipping his phone into his pocket.

“I know you’re there,” he said “So don’t bother trying to hide.”

Sure enough, Aoi’s grinning face came around the corner.

“Yo’,” she said brightly.

“What is it?” Izo asked politely.

“Well, I’ve got a duel this weekend,” she said “At the old Riding Duel stadium.”

Izo’s eyebrows rose.

“I’ve already invited Yue and Ai,” Aoi said “So I was wondering if you’d be free too.”

“Sure,” Izo replied. “This’ll be the perfect opportunity to see her duel,” he thought.

“Great,” Aoi said, shoving a ticket into Izo’s hands “Later.”

She ran off down the corridor, humming brightly.

“So, is Aoi good at riding duels?” Ai asked, sitting down for lunch.

“Good?” Yue almost laughed “I’ve never seen her lose a riding duel once.”

“Wow,” Ai was in awe “What kind of D-Wheel does she have?”

Yue remained silent, frowning slightly.

“Ah! Oh, sorry,” Ai stuttered, suddenly remembering Yue was blind “I wasn’t thinking.”

“Ah, forget it,” Yue muttered “Hello Izo.”

“Eh?” Ai looked up and saw Izo sitting down next to her “How did you.”

“I can hear him walking,” Yue replied “It’s as individual as a fingerprint.”

“Quiet impressive,” Izo replied “So I heard Aoi has a D-Wheel?”

“Yup,” Yue replied.

“What kind of deck does she run?” Izo enquired.

Yue merely grinned knowingly.

“You’ll find out,” she said “Assuming she has invited you to see her duel.”

“Oh she has,” Izo replied “Don’t worry.”

“Heh, good,” Yue replied “You just wait till you see her.”

Both Ai and Izo stared at the grin on Yue’s face.

Ai hummed to herself as she walked home, glancing up at the huge skyscrapers in the distance.

“I wish I lived up there,” she muttered, heaving a sigh.

She looked about her at the slightly run down street and shrugged, turning a corner. At the other side of the street Izo stood, watching her from a shadow.

“Ai, she couldn’t be the White Devil,” he thought “She doesn’t have it in her…Unless…” He remembered Ai’s drastic change of personality when they dueled Baru “Is she hiding something from me?”

Ai typed in a brief code into the number pad on her house and the door slid open.

“I’m home,” she called, stepping inside and taking her boots off.

She immediately moved down the hall and turned left into the kitchen.

“Good day?” Her father asked, engrossed in a copy of ‘Duelist Monthly’.

“Fine,” Ai replied, crossing the room and going up the stairs.

Ai’s father turned a page and his eyes widened.

“Legend of the White Devil,” he read “Kaiba Corp has admitted the existence of a phantom duelist said to traumatize her opponents.”

His eyebrows rose even further as he read through the article.

“Heh, so there are still people around like this, huh?” He chuckled.

Ai sat down at her computer and picked up the earphones connected to her computer before plugging them in.

“I wonder if I’d be able to have a riding duel some day,” she muttered, before opening the Cyberspace program and feeling the usual plunging sensation.

The next day Ai was waiting outside the entrance of the Axel Stadium: A relatively small stadium created for riding duels. The track was made of a sleek white plastic with several small sharp bumps used for traction that spanned at least ten metres before beginning to curve upwards. The audience was protected by a curved glass screen connected to the track. The center was an oval of grass with several cameras and other bits of technical equipment lying about. Outside the crowd had already become too large to go through the entrance all at once and Ai found herself lost among the crowds.

“This is why I’d rather be the one dueling,” she moaned.

She felt a hand grab her arm and was pulled out of the crowd.

“Try not to get crushed,” Izo said politely.

“Sorry,” Ai said “I’m not good with crowds.”

Izo merely smiled back and turned to look at Yue who was keeping a firm arm on his shoulder.

“So, shall we go in?” He asked.

“Eh?” Ai stared at him “But what about the queue?”

Yue merely grinned and allowed herself to be led to the front of the crowd by Izo.

“Excuse us,” Izo said politely.

The security guard looked up and noticed Yue before stepping aside.

“Go right on through,” he said.

“Yue’s blind, remember?” Izo said “She can get first access to pretty much everything.”

“To be honest, I find it kind of annoying,” Yue muttered.

“I see,” Ai replied as they entered the stands.

She followed Izo and took a seat near the front of the track.

“Good view from here,” Izo commented.

“I’m all ears,” Yue replied “No really, I am.”

Izo chuckled slightly and glanced briefly at Yue.

“She’s obviously blind,” he thought “So she obviously can’t duel, but even so…” His mind wandered back to when he’d seen Ai, Yue and Aoi behind the school together, Ai and Yue both wearing duel disks but showing no signs of dueling “It’s strange.”

“Ah, it’s starting!” Ai commented, snapping Izo out of his thoughts.

“Welcome one and all to today’s exhibition duel!” A loud and enthusiastic voice came over the loudspeakers and four large holographic screens opened up in the center of the stadium “Today’s duel will be between Kan Kagastu, otherwise known as the duel chaser, and Aoi Sian the Butterfly Queen.”

“Butterfly Queen?” Ai repeated.

“She uses insects,” Yue explained.

“Insects, huh?” Izo muttered, suddenly looking doubtful.

“Something wrong?” Ai asked.

“No, nothing,” Izo replied.

Two D-Wheels suddenly charged out of a large hole in the center oval that led onto the track and began racing around it, coming to a halt in front of a black line across the track. Kan’s D-Wheel was a sleek looking blue model with large handle bars and a large wheel at the back, Aoi looked a lot more like a regular blue motorbike, however the wheel guard put Ai in mind of a hornet’s head.

“Is this Kan guy good?” Ai asked.

“I’m guessing,” Yue replied “He is called the duel chaser.”

“Haven’t you seen him duel before?” Ai asked.

“Blind,” Yue pointed out.

“Ah, sorry,” Ai replied quickly.

“I hope you don’t mind letting that thing get scratched,” Kan said. It was hard to see his face due to his helmet, but he did have a stubble on his chin and wore a black leather biker’s gear.

“Are you implying you’re gonna be cheating?” Aoi wore a light blue jacket and slightly darker pants and had a blue helmet with white streaks.

Kan stuttered slightly and then remained silent. The two duelists were displayed on the split screen along with their life points and speed spells.

“Speed World, set on!” The announcer ordered.

Both Aoi and Kan pressed a button on their dash boards and the auto pilot kicked in, scanning the area and creating a purple haze. A holo screen displaying three red lights opened in front of them.

“It’s starting,” Ai said excitedly.

“Now, let’s see how you duel,” Izo thought.

The lights suddenly turned green and both duelists sped off down the track.

“Let’s go,” Kan said, drawing a card from his deck “I summon Power Chaser!”

A man dressed in black armor and with a pair of shiny metal wings rose from a circle of light in front of Kan.

“Power Chaser gains 500 ATK for each Speed Counter I have,” Kan explained.

Aoi looked down at her screen to check the stats.

“But he played him in attack mode,” she thought “And he has no Speed Spells right now, even during my turn he’ll only have one.”

“I’ll set a card and end my turn,” Kan said as they tore rounds a corner.

The speed spells on both players’ Speed World cards rose by one and the change was displayed on the holo screens.

“It’s his trap,” Aoi thought, a grin crossing her face. “Okay,” she said “I’ll show you the power of my Insect Synchro Deck!”

She drew a card from her deck and placed it in a slot just next to her field where her hand was held before choosing another card.

“Let’s go, Trench Scarab!” Aoi called.

A blue ring of light opened in front of Aoi and a large skeletal like insect flew out of it, spreading a pair of wings wide and flying alongside Aoi.

“You fell for it,” Kan said.

“Huh?”

“Trap card, activate,” Kan said, his card flipping open “Speed Catcher!”

“Speed Catcher, huh?” Aoi’s eyes narrowed.

“Since you summoned a level 4 monster, I now gain 4 speed counters,” Kan said as his Speed Counter meter rose to 5 and his monster’s ATK rose to 2500.

“Not bad,” Aoi said “But, I’m not done.”

“Huh?”

“Hazard Hopper Special Summon,” Aoi commanded, summoning a giant bark colored grasshopper to her field.

“What?” Kan gawked at the monster “How’d you do that?”

“Hazard Hopper can be Special Summoned if I control just one Insect type monster,” Aoi explained.

“Grr, damn you,” Kan muttered.

“I’m not done either,” Aoi said, taking another card from her hand “I send Noisy Gnat to my graveyard, in order to raise my Hazard Hopper’s level by 1!”

A smaller screen lit up on the larger holo screens, displaying Hazard Hopper’s level as it rose to 3.

“Huh? Why the heck would you do that?” Kan asked, perplexed.

“Can’t figure it out?” Aoi grinned “Let me give you a clue, Hazard Hopper is a Tuner monster.”

“Gah!? Synchro Summon?!” Kan’s jaw dropped.

“Bingo!” Aoi said “I tune my Level 3 Hazard Hopper to my Level 4 Trench Scarab!”

Aoi’s Grasshopper split into three green rings and feel around her Trench Scarab, transforming it into four orbs of light.

“A garden of insects may be looked down upon by many,” Aoi recited “But upon looking closer you’ll find a utopia of power and beauty that knows no rivals. Synchro Summon, glide, Giant Mantis!”

A green pillar of light shot past Aoi and a huge mantis with four wings and a pair of blood covered sickles took its place gliding next to Aoi.

“Amazing!” The announcer declared “Aoi has already summoned the level 7 Synchro Monster, Giant Mantis, in just her first turn.”

“Giant Mantis gains 200 ATK for each Insect on the field,” Aoi said “Including himself.”

The ATK of Aoi’s monster suddenly rose to 3000.

“Looks like you miscalculated,” Aoi chuckled “Go, Giant Mantis, attack Power Chaser!”

Aoi’s monster sped forwards and took a slice at Kan’s monster, destroying it and reducing his life points to 3500.

“Not bad,” Kan muttered “But the real duel starts now.”

“My turn,” Kan said, drawing a card and raising his speed counters to six whilst Aoi’s went up to 2 “I play my Speed Spell, Summon Speeder!

“With this card, I can Special Summon Search Striker!”

A warrior in a long blue coat and silver armor with two circles rising from his shoulders and a long black gun in one hand emerged beside Kan and began gliding beside him.

“Why’d he summon that?” Aoi thought as they tore round another corner “It doesn’t have nearly enough ATK to take out my Giant Mantis.”

“So now, I sacrifice my Search Striker,” Kan said “And summon Divine Fowl King Alector!”

Kan’s Search Striker Collapsed into a multi-colored orb which opened up and a large humanoid bird with silver armor and scarlet wings rose out of it, letting out a triumphant screech.

“Eh?” Ai stared at the creature “But it only has 2400 ATK.”

“Next I play another Speed Spell, Rabid Wing Shot!” Kan said.

A black winged jet-pack appeared from nowhere and attached itself to Kan’s monster, raising its ATK to 3000.

“Rabid Wing Shot can be played when I have 5 or more Speed Counters,” Kan explained “And my monster gains 100 ATK for each one until the end phase.”

“Heh, not bad but you seem to have missed something.” Aoi said “Because right now both our monsters have 3000 ATK. They’ll destroy each other.”

“I’ve already thought of that,” Kan said smugly.

“Huh?”

“I use Divine Fowl King Alector’s monster effect,” Kan said “Once per turn, he can cancel the effect of one monster you control.”

“W-what?” Aoi replied.

Kan’s monster raised an arm and a purple glow formed around Aoi’s Giant Mantis, dropping its ATK to 2800.

“Not good,” Aoi muttered.

“Divine Fowl King!” Kan said, speeding past Aoi then turning about and sliding sideways along the track “Attack Giant Mantis, Crimson Talon Slash!”

Kan’s monster flew towards Aoi’s and took a slash at it with one of its claws, leaving three red lines that remained for a brief moment before vanishing seconds after Aoi’s Giant Mantis shattered. Aoi grimaced as her life points dropped to 3800.

“Hehe, still hanging in there?” Kan laughed as he turned back around.

The Jet-Pack vanished and his monster’s ATK returned to 2400. Kan’s speed counters rose to 7 while Aoi’s rose to 3.

“He’s way ahead on monsters and counters,” Aoi thought as she drew a card “I’m gonna have to find some way to get around that.”

She drew a card from her deck and placed it in her hand slot.

“Well, here goes nothing,” she muttered “I summon Sabermask Scarab in defense mode!”

A large black beetle materialized next to Aoi, gliding alongside her.

“I’ll lay this card face down and end my turn,” Aoi said, a face down card appearing in front of her and vanishing. “I’ve got four monsters in my graveyard right now,” she thought “But that’s not enough.”

“My turn,” Kan said, taking a card.

Aoi’s speed spell count rose to 4 and Kan’s went up to 7.

“Heh, looks like you’re out of luck,” he said looking at his card “Divine Fowl, attack!”

Aoi’s monster was destroyed by the attack from Kan’s monster.

“Good thing he was in defense mode,” she thought.

“I’ll lay these two cards face down and end my turn.” Kan said.

Aoi looked up at him as they reached another corner and sped about it. Aoi moved slightly outward and began riding up the side of the slope separating the track from the audience.

“Hey, what are you doing?” Kan asked as she drew level.

“I just want to get a good look at your startled face when I win this,” Aoi said.

“Huh?” Kan stared at her “What are you talking about?”

“You’ll see,” Aoi said.

“Heh, like heck I will,” Kan thought “My face down card is Double Speed; all I have to do is sacrifice three speed counters and 1500 life points and I get to play a speed spell from my graveyard, and I’ve got another Speed Catcher face down. The moment she summons a monster I’ll have more than enough speed spells to play Double Speed and use my Rabid Wing shot once again. Even if she can summon a monster strong enough to defeat my monster I’ll still destroy it.”

“My draw,” Aoi said, taking a card from her deck “Hey pops, I hope you’re not planning something stupid back there.”

“Ha, you need to watch your mouth little girl,” Kan laughed.

Aoi merely grinned back and played a card from her hand.

“I summon Bloodwing Mantis!” She commanded.

A large green insect with huge wings and a pair of scythe like claws rose up next to Aoi.

“A level 2?” Kan said, sounding disappointed “Well, it’ll do. Trap card, Speed Catcher activate!”

“Huh?”

Kan laughed as his speed spells rose to 9 and he sped off down the track, leaving Aoi behind.

“What’s up?” He called back “Can’t keep up? I’m going to lap you at this rate.”

Aoi looked over her shoulder to see him coming around the opposite corner just as she rounded the first one.

“Whatever,” she replied “But I’m playing Bloodwing Mantis’ special effect, allowing me to Special Summon Sabermask Scarab from my graveyard!”

Aoi’s Bloodwing Mantis raised its claws and glowed slightly as Aoi’s Sabermask Scarab rose from her graveyard once again.”

“I see what she’s trying to do,” Kal thought as he drew up behind Aoi “Sabermask Scarab gains 200 ATK for each Insect monster she controls when he battles a stronger monster, so all she needs is one more Insect and she can defeat my Divine Fowl. So her trap card is obviously Call of the Haunted. But even if she does do that, I can use my face down and wipe her monster off the map.”

“Ready?” Aoi asked “Let’s start the fireworks.”

“Ha, do you really plan on summoning another insect to strengthen your Scarab?” Kan laughed.

“Now that you mention it, no,” Aoi replied.

“Say what?”

“You should really deck the full stats of a card when it’s used,” Aoi said “In case you haven’t noticed; Bloodwing Mantis is a Tuner Monster.”

“Ah, not again,” Kan cried.

Aoi grinned as her Bloodwing Mantis turned into two green rings that fell around her Sabermask Scarab.

“Let’s go, I tune level 2 Bloodwing Mantis with my level 4 Sabermask Scarab,” Aoi commanded as Sabermask Scarab turned into four glowing orbs “A garden of insects may be looked down upon by many, but upon looking closer you’ll find a utopia of power and beauty that knows no rivals. Synchro Summon, let’s go, my ultimate beauty, Sword Butterfly!”

A green pillar shot past Aoi and a great butterfly flew out of it, long sharp claws rising from its head and tail.

“Not so fast,” Kan said “I play my trap card, Double Speeder!”

“Huh?”

Aoi looked round as Kan’s life points dropped to 2000 and his speed counters lowered to 6.

“What are you doing?” She asked.

“Simple, I’m re-playing my Rabid Wing Shot!” Kan laughed.

The black jet pack appeared again, attached to Kan’s monster, raising its ATK to 3000.

“Hehe, now your monster is no match for it,” Kan laughed.

“Sword Butterfly does have an effect you know,” Aoi pointed out.

“Eh?”

“When it attacks, it gains 300 ATK for each insect in my graveyard,” Aoi explained “And at current I have five.”

“Blast,” Kan thought “But I’ll still be in the duel, and I’ve got a hunch my next card will help me win it all.”

“Now then,” Aoi said “For my next trick I play my trap card, Needlebug Nest!”

“Huh?” Kan looked slightly perplexes.

“Needlebug Nest allows me to send the top five cards from my deck to the graveyard,” Aoi explained “So I’ll send Silent Strider, Bloodwing Wasp, Sniper Mosquito, Swarm of Scarabs and Chainsaw Insect to my graveyard, making the total number of Insect monsters in my graveyard ten!”

“Wait, but that means your monster will gain…” Kan stared wide-eyed at his own life point counter and let out a yell of horror “Ah! I’ve done myself in!”

Aoi merely grinned and sped up, turning about and charging towards Kan.

“Sword Butterfly, attack!” Aoi ordered.

Kan’s eyes widened even further as Aoi sped past him, her Sword Butterfly following closely and launching a green wave of energy at his monster, destroying it. Kan’s life points dropped to zero and his D-Wheel opened up and steam gushed out of it and he went spinning out of control before his D-Wheel came to a halt.

“She won!” Ai said, sounding impressed.

“You expected less?” Yue asked, grinning broadly.

Aoi came to a halt and took off her helmet, grinning down at Kan.

“So, still thinking you’re better than me?” She asked.

“Pft, I just messed up is all,” Kan scoffed.

“Yeah, that’s what they all say,” Aoi grinned, before riding off down the track, waving to the cheering audience.

Kan watched her go and turned over the top card of his deck.

“Speed Spell – Necro Speeder,” he read “When you control a Speed World with 4 or more Speed Counters, Special Summon 1 monster from your Graveyard who’s level is equal to the total number of speed counters you control.”

He chuckled slightly: “I guess she was right, I really do need to check everything.”

“Aoi’s awesome!” Ai commented, sounding in awe.

“Seems so,” Izo replied “So what now?”

“Well the tickets last for another hour,” Yue said “We could either, sit here and watch another duel or waste time elsewhere.”

“We only came to see Aoi’s duel,” Izo said “We don’t need to see any others.”

“Good point,” Yue shrugged.

They got to their feet, Yue keeping a firm hand on Ai’s shoulder, and move towards the exit.

They met up with Aoi later at a café near the stadium, Ai still in awe of Aoi’s dueling skills.

“Quite an impressive duel,” Izo said.

“Meh, he was a tad stupid,” Aoi shrugged “I’d have been in a bit of a tough spot if I hadn’t ended it there and then.”

“I still think you were awesome,” Ai said.

“I gathered,” Aoi chuckled “You’ve been saying the same thing for the past 20 minutes.”

“Oh, sorry,” Ai said.

“I don’t mind,” Aoi said “Besides I’ve yet to duel you.”

“Eh? Oh come on,” Ai said “I told you I’m not that good.”

“You beat Baru,” Aoi pointed out.

“Yeah…But…” Ai faltered.

Izo raised an eyebrow as he stared at her, his curiosity rising slightly.

“Nothing,” Ai shook her head “I was just lucky…Ow!”

Aoi had kicked her playfully under the table.

“You’re gonna get nowhere with that attitude,” she said “Tell you what, how ‘bout I teach you how to use a D-Wheel.”

“No thanks,” Ai said “I use a lot of spell cards in my deck, so a riding duel wouldn’t really work for me.”

“Then just make a new strategy,” Aoi said “You don’t have to use spell girls all the time.”

“But I really like them,” Ai said.

“Now, now,” Aoi said “I’m sure using another deck won’t hurt.”

“Well, if you say so,” Ai muttered.

“Tch, I envy you,” Yue said “I wish I could have a riding duel sometime.”

“Being blind must be really irritating,” Izo commented.

“I get used to it,” Yue said “Besides; I can hear things you can’t, like that mouse under Ai’s seat.”

“Ah!”

Ai immediately jumped up and looked beneath her, resulting in Yue and Aoi’s bursting into laughter.

“I was kidding,” Yue said “Man I wish I could see the look on your face.”

“Oh,” Ai said back down, her cheeks turning slightly pink.

Izo looked down at his watch for a moment and then stood up.

“Sorry, I’m going to have to get going,” he said “I’m meeting my father in a few minutes, you know, family stuff.”

“Whatever, see you later,” Aoi said.

Izo grinned and then left.

“Cute guy,” Aoi commented “You sure you don’t like him, Ai?”

“Will you drop it,” Ai replied.

“You sure? Cause if you are he’s all mine,” Aoi teased.

Ai didn’t reply but merely stared out of the window, attempting to hide the pink glow of her cheeks. Aoi gave another chuckle, satisfied for the moment.

Izo stood watching them form a street corner, his cell phone raised to his ear.

“Aoi doesn’t seem to be the White Devil,” he said “There’s nothing suspicious about her dueling style but she does use Synchros, mind you so does Ai.”

“Then that leaves just one suspect them,” Koru replied “Bit of a coincidence really.”

“Coincidence?” Izo asked.

“That is none of your concern,” Koru said “Just verify her identity and we’ll take it from there.”

“True, but I’ve dueled Ai before,” Izo said “She didn’t seem like much of a duelist then, but then again she does use a lot of Synchro monsters and her most powerful card uses a white light attack. That and…”

“And?”

“She’s hiding something from me,” Izo said “I’m sure it’s something important.”

“I see,” Koru replied “Carry on observing her then verify her identity at your first opportunity.”

“Roger,” Izo replied.

He turned his phone off and stored it back in his pocket.

“Ai Sakeru,” he thought “Looks like we’re gonna duel again.”

ayvuxc.jpg

Name: Sword Butterfly

Attribute: Wind

Level: 6

Type: Insect / Synchro

Lore: 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters.

When this card declares an attack on an opponent's monster, increase this card's ATK by 300 for each Insect-type monster in your Graveyard.

ATK: 2000

DEF: 1800

Trivia: Sword Butterfly is originally from the Duel Masters TCG.

Tips: Use Needlebug nest to send more Insect-type monsters to the graveyard. Use a level 2 Tuner with four level 1 monsters to get the max number of insects possible in your graveyard to raise this card's ATK.

[spoiler=cards used in episode 9]Name: Power Chaser

Attribute: DARK

Level: 3

Type: Warrior

Lore: This card's ATK is equal to the number of Speed Counters on a face-up Speed World you control x500.

ATK: ?

DEF: 1000

236kn5.jpg

Name: Speed Catcher

Type: Normal Trap

Lore: When your opponent Normal Summons a monster, increase the number of Speed Counters on a face-up Speed World you control by the Summoned monster's leve.

mjakk4.jpg

400px-NoisyGnatTDGS-EN-C-1E.jpg

236bp6.jpg

SpeedSpell-SummonSpeeder-JP-Anime-5D.png

Activate only while you control a "Speed World" with 4 or more Speed Counters on it. Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your hand.

400px-SearchStrikerCSOC-JP-R.jpg

If this card attacks a face-down Defense Position monster, you can destroy the monster with this card's effect without flipping it face-up or applying damage calculation. If you use this effect, it is changed to Defense Position at the end of the Damage Step.

DivineFowlKingAlectorYR05-JP-UR.png

If your opponent controls 2 or more face-up monsters with the same Attribute, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn select 1 face-up card on the field. Negate the effect(s) of the selected card during this turn. Only 1 "Divine Fowl King Alector" can be face-up on the field at the same time.

Name: Speed Spell - Rabid Wing Shot

Type: Normal Spell / Speed Spell

Lore: Activate only while you control a "Speed World" with 5 or more Speed Counters on it. Target monster gains 100 ATK for each Speed Counter on your "Speed World" until the End Phase.

236bb7.jpg

2s7e1lg.jpg

236zy9.jpg

Name: Double Speeder

Lore: Pay 1500 life points and remove 3 Speed Counters from a face-up "Speed World" you control. Activate 1 Speed Spell from your Graveyard.

400px-NeedlebugNestTDGS-EN-C-1E.jpg

Brilliant as always. :)

Pity they don't sell Brionacs in that world. Or Smashing Grounds. XD

Who needs duel terminals when you have a *YVRMMORPG to play XD...

Yu-Gi-Oh Virtual Reality Mass Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game

Great Chapter! Not much more to say' date=' the plot hasn't progressed significantly (aside from Aoi not being a White Devil) unless i missed a key point... But the duel was awesome!

[/quote']

If that's all your worried about then no worries, so far has been character and deck intros, the plot will pick up after the next episode...

Speaking of which:

[spoiler=episode 10]Episode 10: Devil Hunt part 2. Hacking, the dark side of Data.

“Aoi Sian,” Izo muttered, typing away on a keyboard as the information lit up on his monitor “A well known riding duel expert. Uses a deck of insects primarily focusing on powering up her monsters and summoning her Synchro monsters. Ai Sakeru, a regular duelist with an average duel record, no professional credential. Uses a deck of Spell Girls and relies on using their simple effects to discard spell card which trigger other effects including the summoning of tuner and Synchro monsters.”

He leaned back and looked at the information on his monitor.

“It doesn’t make sense,” he muttered “Ai isn’t the type of girl to go around at night and psyche out her opponents.”

He thought back to the duel against Baru when Ai seemed to take on a more aggressive personality.

“She’s definitely hiding something,” he muttered “I just have to find out what it is.”

He shrugged and picked up a pair of earphones, plugging them in and starting the Cyberspace program.

“Virtual Interceptor, attack their life points directly!” Izo ordered.

Izo’s opponent looked up at Izo’s Virtual Interceptor closed in and took a swipe at him, reducing his life points to zero. The Virtual Interceptor faded from view and Izo’s D-Wing retracted, leaving no trace of the virtual field.

“Man, you’re on a role today,” Lex said.

“I’m just preparing for the worst,” Izo replied.

“Hm?” Lex looked down at him “What do you mean?”

Izo looked about: “Could we go somewhere private?”

Lex blinked, confused.

Soon the two of them found themselves sitting on a pile of rubble in the scrap yard district: An area based of the old satellite area which was now fully automated and wasn’t lived in by anyone anymore.

“So let me get this straight,” Lex said “You think Ai is a crazy, psychopathic duel nut, right?”

“If you put it that way then I guess I do,” Izo replied.

“Hm,” Lex frowned “She doesn’t seem like the type to go around at night scaring people.”

“True, but…” Izo faltered.

“What’s up?” Lex asked.

“In a duel the other day she suddenly took on a completely different attitude,” Izo explained “That and she’s hiding something from me and won’t tell me what it is.”

“Very suspicious,” Lex replied “But then again, maybe you’re thinking too hard.”

“Huh?”

“You might be overlooking something when focusing on Ai’s problems which may be something else entirely,” Lex said.

“But…”

“Believe me,” Lex interrupted him “I can’t see Ai in a black cloak and mask dueling people at night.”

“Good point,” Izo replied.

“I’m sure this’ll all blow over,” Lex said, getting to his feet “Now can we go? This place is giving me the creeps.”

“Sure,” Izo replied, however he still looked doubtful.

The lunch time bell rang and most of the students filed out of the classroom while others stayed behind. Ai remained seated at her desk, looking through her deck.

“I don’t really feel like making a whole new deck,” she muttered.

“Ai,”

Ai looked up to see Izo getting to his feet.

“Something up?” Ai asked.

“I need to talk to you,” Izo replied, the same serious expression showing on his face.

Ai stared at him for a moment before stowing her deck away and following Izo out of the room.

“What’s wrong with him?” She thought.

Izo led Ai down the hall and out into the yard which seemed more or less deserted, most students were inside eating and only one or two were dotted about outside. Ai looked about and saw Izo staring at her.

“S-something wrong?” Ai asked, nervously.

“You’re still hiding something from me,” Izo said “And I need to find out what it is.”

“Eh?”

Izo raised his duel disk and activated it, his deck auto-shuffling: “Duel me,” he demanded.

Ai stared at him for a minute, utterly confused.

“What’s gotten into him?” She thought.

“Ai, don’t try hiding it from me,” Izo said.

“Huh?” Ai stared back at him.

“You’re the White Devil, aren’t you?”

Ai blinked, now completely lost.

“White what?”

Izo’s eyes narrowed dangerously.

“Seriously, I’ve no idea what you’re talking about,” Ai said, taking a few steps back.

“I do though,”

Ai stopped and turned about, seeing Yue standing behind her.

“Don’t think I can’t hear you,” she said “You should really stop underestimating me.”

“This doesn’t concern you,” Izo said.

“I think it does,” Yue said “’Cause you’re wrong about Ai, I’m this White Devil you’re looking for.”

With that said Yue raised her own duel disk which she’d had behind her back and activated it.

“What?” Izo looked genuinely surprised “But you’re…”

“Blind, I know,” Yue said “But I’ve already told you. Stop underestimating me.”

“Fine then,” Izo said “Then let’s duel.”

Yue grinned as both players’ life points set to 4000. Ai took a few nervous steps backwards to watch the duel.

“My draw,” Izo said “And first I summon Strike Hacker in attack mode!”

“Hacker?” Ai watched as a creature shaped vaguely human and apparently made up of black spheres rose up on Izo’s field.

“Strike Hacker is a Data Monster,” Izo explained “And as such cannot battle with any non-data monsters; I’ll lay one card face down and end my turn.”

“Why’s he changed his deck?” Ai thought, staring at Izo.

“This is the deck my father modified,” Izo thought “If I’m going to need to beat this girl then I’ve got no choice but to use it.”

“Hm,” Yue frowned as she drew a card from her deck “I’ve never heard of that card.”

She ran her thumb along the bottom of the card she’d drawn and grinned broadly.

“Awesome, let’s go Firebird!” She said, playing the card.

“She knows what cards she’s playing?” Izo’s eyes widened slightly.

A ball of flame lit up on Yue’s field and a small red bird emerged out of it.

“Heh, since I can’t battle your data monster I guess I’ll have to hit you directly,” Yue said “Go, Firebird!”

Yue’s monster flew up and spat out a small fireball that flew towards Izo.

“Too bad,” he said “I have a trap card, Password Protect.”

“Huh?”

“You call out a type of card and then I flip over the top card of my deck,” Izo explained “If it’s the same as the type you declared the attack goes through, if not it’s negated.”

“Fine, looks like I’ll just have to take your word for it,” Yue said “I choose trap.”

Izo flipped up the top card of his deck and showed it to Ai and Yue.

“Sorry, but I drew a monster,” he said.

A barrier made up of translucent hexagons lit up briefly in front of Izo, blocking the Firebird’s attack. It landed back on Yue’s field.

“My draw,” Izo said.

“He’s drawn a monster,” Yue thought “But if it’s another data monster it won’t be able to put a scratch on my Firebird.”

“I summon Bio Hacker!” Izo declared.

“Bio Hacker?” Ai stared at the creature summoned: It looks vaguely like a star fish except it glowed blue and had narrow neon strips running over its body.

“I lay one card face down and end my turn,” Izo said.

“That’s probably another negate card,” Yue thought, drawing a card “Well, here goes nothing.”

She took a card from her deck.

“Aha,” she said “I summon Cocco Lupia!”

Yue’s small orange avian rose up next to her Firebird.

“You ready?” She asked “Because next I play Offerings to the Doomed and destroy it.”

“Huh?”

Yue’s monster let out a screech and shattered.

“Why’d you do that?” Ai asked.

“Well, for one thing when Cocco Lupia is destroyed, it inflicts damage to my opponent,” Yue explained as a wave of fire shot from her graveyard and surrounded Izo, reducing his life points to 3800.

“And since a Winged-Beast monster I controlled was destroyed, my Firebird gains 500 ATK,” Yue explained.

“Oh, now I get it,” Yue said.

“Go, Firebird, attack!” Yue ordered.

Yet again Yue’s monster flew upwards and shot a fireball towards Izo, this one hit and Izo’s life points dropped to 2300. The Firebird landed back on Yue’s field, its beak smoldering slightly.

“He didn’t negate my attack,” Yue thought.

“My draw,” Izo said “And I play the face down card Jar of Greed, allowing me to draw another card.”

Yue’s eyes narrowed.

“Next I play Bio Hacker’s special ability,” Izo said “By sending Jar of Greed to the graveyard your monster loses 500 ATK and becomes a data monster!”

“Huh?”

Izo’s Bio Hacker curled up briefly and then opened, shooting a beam of blue light towards Yue’s monster, turning it blue and reducing its ATK to 1000.

“Not good,” Yue muttered.

“Go, Bio Hacker, attack!” Izo ordered.

Izo’s monster flew forwards and wrapped itself around Yue’s monster, destroying it and reducing Yue’s life points to 3100.

“Now, Strike Hacker attack directly!”

A black orb flew from Strike Hacker’s arm and shot straight through Yue, reducing her life points to 1700.

“Yue!” Ai cried.

“Also, Strike Hacker’s effect sends one random card in your hand to the graveyard,” Izo said.

Yue glared at him and took a card from her hand, sending it to her graveyard.

“Is that it?” She asked.

“For now,” Izo replied. “That’s four cards in her graveyard, but not enough,” he thought.

“My draw,” Yue said, drawing a card from her deck.

“Something’s wrong here,” Ai thought “Izo’s been acting strange all week and now his entire strategy changed.”

“I summon Kid Chipotto,” Yue declared, summoning another of her fire birds to the field. “My monster has enough attack points to defeat his Strike Hacker, but since he’s a data monster I can’t attack him.”

She checked through her hand, running her thumb along the bottom of each card.

“Got it,” she thought. “I play my Flame Peck card,” Yue said “Now your Bio Hacker goes bye, bye.”

Izo looked down as his Bio Hacker was hit by a fireball shaped like a birds head and shattered, resulting in his life points dropping to 3400.

“Now Kid Chipotto, attack him directly,” Yue ordered.

Yue’s monster leaned forwards and blasted its candle flames towards Izo, dropping his life points to 1800.

“You’re almost even!” Ai said, exited.

Yue grinned and placed a card face down, a larger version appearing behind her Kid Chipotto.

“Turn end,” she said.

Izo looked perfectly calm as he drew a card to mark his turn.

“I’m going to win this,” he thought.

He looked at the card he’d drawn and his eyes widened suddenly.

“Magical Hacker,” he read “This looks like…” His mind wandered back to six years ago when he sat in a small but tidy bedroom with a tall youth with messy white hair “…My brother.”

Izo’s brother was at the computer, typing away while Izo watched in awe.

“Awesome,” he said, gazing at the program his brother was typing “Could you teach me to do that?”

“Heh, no problem,” his brother replied “Here.”

He got up off his seat and let Izo sit down.

“It’s kind of complicated to get started so I’ll run you through it,” his brother said “You know what codes are, right?”

“Yeah,” Izo replied.

“Well, say you want to change that ball there to blue,” his brother said “If you open up the code text and find the information for it, you simply replace the color code with a different color.”

Izo followed his direction and then started the program; sure enough the sphere on the screen was now yellow. Izo’s eyes widened in excitement.

“It’s like creating a whole new world,” he said in awe.

“Yeah,” Izo’s brother said “A new world free from corruption, crime, and everything this world doesn’t need.”

Back in the present Izo continued to stare down at his card.

“That’s right,” he thought “My brother wanted to create a brand new world…”

The grip on his card tightened and he looked back up at Yue’s field.

“I summon Magical Hacker!” Izo said, playing the card he’d drawn.

A youth with neat white hair, baggy clothes and wielding two high tech looking guns appeared on Izo’s field, a wide grin on his face.

“When Magical Hacker inflicts damage to your life points, one random card in your deck is sent to the graveyard,” Izo explained.

“True, but since he’s a data monster he can’t attack,” Yue said.

“That’s about to change,” Izo said “Because I activate the spell card Overwrite!”

“Huh?”

Yue’s monster suddenly began flashing, random numbers and letters flying about around it.

“Overwrite turns your monster into a data monster,” Izo explained “And if it’s destroyed, you lose a card from your hand.”

“Sonova..” Yue started.

“Magical Hacker, attack!” Izo ordered.

Yue’s monster shattered under the punishing fire from Izo’s monster and Yue’s life points dropped to 1600.

“Don’t forget, you lose a card from your hand and deck,” Izo said.

“I know, I know,” Yue replied, taking a card from her hand and deck and sending them to her graveyard.

“And now, Strike Hacker attack,” Izo ordered.

“Hm,” Yue smirked “Too bad, I have a trap card.”

“Huh?”

“Confusion Chaff activate,” Yue said.

Instead of attacking Yue, Izo’s Strike Hacker instead fired a black orb towards his Magical Hacker. The Hacker dodged it and returned fire, destroying the Strike Hacker and reducing Izo’s life points to 1500.

“I’ve taken the lead,” Yue said, grinning.

“How many is that in her graveyard now?” Izo asked himself “Seven I think, but I’d best make sure.”

“My draw,” Yue said.

She ran her thumb along the bottom of her card and frowned.

“I summon Cac Surria in defense mode,” she said as her grumpy little bird appeared in front of her “I’ll lay this face down and end my turn.”

Izo drew a card from his deck and glanced at it.

“I activate Hack Program,” he said “By Releasing my Magical Hacker I’m allowed to draw cards for each multiple of 500 he has in his ATK points, since his ATK is 1700, I get to draw 3.”

“Tch, cheap,” Yue muttered.

Izo’s Magical Hacker vanished and Izo picked up three cards from his deck.

“Next I play Deck Hacking,” he said “Meaning you lose cards from your deck equal to the number of Hacker monsters in my graveyard.”

Yue glared at him and took the top three cards of her deck and sent them to the graveyard.

“What is he planning?” She thought.

“That should be enough,” Izo muttered “Let’s go, I remove Magical Hacker, Bio Hacker, and Strike Hacker in my graveyard from play…” The three cards appeared behind Izo then rippled and vanished “…In order to Special Summon Archfiend Hacker!”

A huge creature with bright orange, dragon style armor, huge claws and a pair of mechanical looking wings rose up in front of Izo, towering above her field.

“Archfiend Hacker is a data monster, so naturally he can’t battle with your monster,” Izo said “However that’s about to change, as I play the field spell, Cyberspace!”

Ai’s eyes widened as the familiar scene wove itself about them, trapping them in a digital world.

“Cyberspace changes all monsters to data,” Izo explained “And all data monsters I control gain 300 ATK, and with my Archfiend Hacker’s ability to gain 100 ATK for each card in your graveyard, that puts him at 3800!”

“Amazing,” Ai’s eyes widened as the monster’s ATK rose to meet the amount specified.

Yue gritted her teeth.

“Here I go brother,” Izo said “Archfiend Hacker attack!”

Ai took a step back as the massive monster crushed Yue’s far smaller creature and the Archfiend Hacker’s ATK rose to 3900.

“Before I end, I equip Archfiend Hacker with Backup Copy,” Izo said “Turn end.”

Yue frowned and drew a card from her deck.

“Looks like I just have to take down that piece of junk,” she said “So I play the continuous spell card, Fire Bird Swarming!”

The card flipped up on Yue’s field and three monsters emerged from it, Baby Zoppe, Kid Chipotto and Cac Surria.

“Let’s go,” Yue said “I tune level 3 Baby Zoppe to my level 2 Cac Surria and my level 4 Kid Chipotto.”

Yue’s Baby Zoppe took its cue and burst into thee green rings, falling around Yue’s other two monsters and transforming them into orbs of light.

“A soul that knows nothing but darkness shall know no victory, but when my soul burns with a brilliant flame there's nothing that can stop it, so light up the heavens with your bright white flames!” Yue recited “Kachua the Firekeeper, Synchro Summon!”

A pillar of green light crashed down on Yue’s field and her most powerful monster emerged from within it.

“How’s that?” Yue asked, grinning.

“It might be impressive, but it doesn’t have enough ATK to take down my Archfiend,” Izo said.

“That’s why I’m playing my face down,” Yue said “Synchro Strike, raising my Firekeeper’s ATK by 1500.”

“What?” Izo’s eyes widened.

Yue grinned as her monster’s ATK rose to 4300.

“Kachua attack!” Yue ordered.

Yue’s monster raised its arms and fired a stream of flame towards Izo’s field. Izo’s eyes widened in fear as it swept over his monster, destroying it and leaving a few burning embers as his life points dropped to 1100.

“Izo?” Ai stared at him as he watched the flames fade in terror.

“Turn end,” Yue said.

Izo looked up at her, all traces of fear gone.

“I can’t lose this,” he thought “I can still resurrect my Archfiend, I can still…”

“Izo, just what’s wrong with you?” Ai said.

“Huh?” Izo looked over at her

“You’ve been acting strange lately,” Ai continued “And now you’ve completely changed your deck as well, it’s like you’ve become a whole different person.”

Izo stared at her, realization slowly coming over him as he saw the expression on Ai’s face.

“What…Have I been doing?” He asked himself, looking down at his deck “I’ve been hacking Yue’s deck…My brother…Hated hackers…He…”

A tear ran down his cheek as his mind warped back again. His brother entered their bedroom to find Izo at the computer.

“Hey brother, look what I can do!” Izo said.

His brother watch as Izo tried to open up their father’s password protected file and was met with a password box. He ran his hands over the keyboard and the files opened.

“What did you do?” His brother asked.

“I hacked it,” Izo said, under the illusion that he’d impressed his brother.

“You what!” Izo looked round, confused “Don’t you dare do that!”

“But I…” Izo was confused.

His brother stepped forwards and pushed Izo away from the computer: “If you need to hack to create your own world then you’re just making it as corrupt and evil as the one we’re already in,” his brother snapped, bringing tears to Izo’s eyes “You shouldn’t need to cheat to get what you need.”

Izo sobbed slightly and then ran out of the room crying. His brother sighed and sat back down at the computer.

Izo had run out of the house and down the street. It was dark and he was a long way from home by the time he finally stopped to wipe away his tears.

“Izo,” Izo looked about to see his father walking up behind him “Still upset?”

“A bit,” Izo replied.

“Come on,” his father said, extending a hand “Your brother’s calmed down I think.”

He led Izo back home, however Izo was still sobbing. He looked up after a while and his eyes widened as he saw smoke against the black sky.

“What the!?” His father stopped, but Izo ran on ahead, turning a corner to see their house aflame. The bright flames reflected in his wide eyes and sent shadows dancing across the street behind him.

“B-brother!” He called.

“That’s right,” Izo muttered “My brother wanted to make a perfect world, but when he died in that fire that dream ended, so I took it upon myself to do it in his place through my dueling.”

He placed a hand on his deck and prepared to draw.

“And if I need to hack to make the perfect world, then there is no perfect world!” He said out loud as he drew a card.

Ai’s face lit up slightly, however Yue just looked confused.

“I play Graceful Charity,” Izo said “So I’ll draw three cards, and then send two to the grave.”

He sent Break Hacker and Virtual Hero to his graveyard.

“Now then,” he said “I’ll remove Archfiend Hacker and Break Hacker in my graveyard from play,” he said, the two cards appearing behind him and vanishing “In order to summon, Virtual Hero!”

A circle of light opened up on Izo’s field and his Virtual Hero rose up out of it.

“Brother,” Izo thought “I promise you someday, I’ll show you a perfect world.

“Virtual Hero attack Kachua the Firekeeper!” Izo ordered “Digital Fist!”

Izo’s monster flew forwards and threw a punch at Yue’s monster, destroying it and reducing her life points to 1200.

“Nice hit,” she muttered.

Izo grinned then looked over at Ai.

“I guess I owe you an apology,” he said “I was just too caught up, trying to do what my father told me, trying to impress him.”

“Eh?”

“Ai, I work on the Cyberspace project,” Izo said “I was one of the beta testers for it and now I have a part time job at Kaiba Corp, working under my father. This whole White Devil business was his idea.”

“Heh, thought so,” Yue said.

“I’ll explain everything later,” Izo said “But right now, let’s finish this duel.”

“Way ahead of you,” Yue said, drawing a card “I play Pot of Greed, allowing me to draw two new cards.”

Izo grinned slightly as Yue took two cards from her deck: “And you said I was cheap,”

“Ready to end this?” Yue asked.

“Ready when you are,” Izo replied.

“Right,” Yue said “Well first I play Premature Burial to resurrect my Firekeeper.”

White flames rose up on Yue’s field and her Firekeeper rose up once again as Yue’s life points dropped to 400.

“But she doesn’t have enough ATK to get past my Virtual Hero,” Izo pointed out.

“She will soon,” Yue said “I play the spell card Fire Bird Spirit!”

Small flaming birds flew out of Yue’s graveyard and began soaring around her Firekeeper.

“Fire Bird Spirit increases the ATK of one of my Fire attribute monsters by 300 for each fire bird in my grave,” Yue explained.

“Heh, looks like I’ve been hoist by my own petard,” Izo chuckled “I can tell you’ve got more than enough birds in your grave to finish this here and now.”

“You got it,” Yue nodded “Kachua; end this duel with your blinding white flames!”

Kachua raised her arms and sent another wave of flame towards Izo’s field, however this time he didn’t show any signs of panic.

“I won’t run anymore brother,” he thought “I’ll make the perfect world for you.”

The flames washed over his Virtual Hero and destroyed him, reducing Izo’s life points to zero. The holograms faded and Izo dropped to his knees.

“Izo!” Ai ran over to him as he looked up, still cheery but with a single tear still showing on his cheek “Are you okay?”

“Never better,” Izo replied.

Yue deactivated her duel disk and walked over to them, stopping just next to Ai.

“I guess you’ll forget about this whole White Devil thing,” she said “I didn’t get that title on purpose you know.”

“I guess I’ll say you got away and my father will give up,” Izo said “He’s been like that ever since…” He faltered and looked down at his deck.

“What’s up?” Ai asked.

“There’s a reason I use data monsters,” Izo said “When I was young I loved computers, my brother even taught me how to program and stuff. His dream was to create a perfect world within the net to make a haven for everyone when they needed to get away, but he died, six years ago, in a fire along with my mother…”

“Oh,” Ai looked slightly shocked at this news and her voice suddenly sounded very quiet.

“So that’s what I duel for,” Izo said “I’ll make a perfect world in his place, and Cyberspace is just the first step towards that perfect world.”

He stood up then look down at Ai.

“So, fancy going out?” He asked.

“Eh?” Ai almost fell over and her cheeks turned bright red.

Izo chuckled: “Hey, I owe you two,” he said “Come on, I know a good place.”

“Sounds good to me,” Yue replied, grinning and gripping Izo’s arm “Coming Ai?”

“Huh?” Ai was still fairly pink “Yeah, wait up.”

The three of them walked back towards the school building as the yard began to fill up.

“Izo lost his brother,” Ai thought “Is he really so sad on the inside.”

She stared down at the ground.

“Suddenly, my problem sounds very mediocre, compared to him and Yue,” she thought.

1z4zku0.jpg

Name: Archfiend Hacker

Level: 8

Type: Fiend / Data

Lore: This card cannot be selected as an attack target except by a Data Monster. This card cannot attack a non-Data Monster. This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned from your hand by removing 3 Data Monsters in your Graveyard from play when your opponent has 10 or more cards in their Graveyard. This card gains 100 ATK for each card in your opponent's Graveyard.

ATK: 2500

DEF: 3000

Tips: Use cards like Card Destruction or Needle Bug to get cards in your opponent's graveyard quickly.

[spoiler=cards used in episode 10]

Name: Strike Hacker

Type: Machine / Data

Lore: This card cannot be selected as an attack target except by a Data Monster. This card cannot attack a non-Data Monster. When this card inflicts damage to your opponent, your opponent sends 1 random card in their hand to the Graveyard.

ATK: 1400

DEF: 200

FirebirdDR3-EN-C.jpg

Name: Password Protect

Lore: Your opponent selects 1 type of card (Spell, Trap or Monster), then you flip over the top card of your deck. If the turned over card was not the declared type the attack is negated.

iog378.jpg

236ch7.jpg

OfferingstotheDoomedGLD1-EN-C-LE.png

JarofGreedYSD-EN-C.jpgp

Name: Flame Peck

Type: Normal Spell

Lore: Activate only if you control 1 face-up Winged-Beast-Type FIRE monster. Destroy 1 monster your opponent controls and inflict damage to their life points equal to the destroyed monster's level x200.

ileib9.jpg

400px-ConfusionChaffCSOC-JP-C.jpg

Activate only during your opponent's Battle Phase when your opponent declares a second direct attack. Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the ATK of the first monster your opponent used to attack you directly.

(Anime effect forces the two monsters to battle)

Name: Hack Program

Lore: Tribute 1 "Hacker" monster you control, then draw cards for every 500 ATK of the tributed monster.

1zwevev.jpg

Lore: When this card is Summoned, you can remove 1 FIRE monster in your Graveyard from play to Special Summon 1 Winged-Beast-type FIRE monster from your hand whos level is equal to that of the removed monster.

236ky0.jpg

Name: Backup Copy

Lore: Equip only to a Data Monster. If a monster equipped with this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard by battle, you can Special Summon it during your next Standby Phase.

236ur2.jpg

aboy8p.jpg

236gn6.jpg

400px-SynchroStrikeCSOC-JP-C.jpg

Until the End Phase of the turn, target Synchro Monster that has been Synchro Summoned gains 500 ATK x the number of monsters used for the Synchro Summon.

GracefulCharityHL04-EN-UPR.pngp

214z71l.jpg

PotofGreedSD4-EN-C.jpg

PrematureBurialSDRL-EN-C.jpg

236rf8.jpg

You seem to use Duel Masters pictures in making the Data monsters a lot... Archfiend Hacker's pic is Uberdragon Jabaha if I'm not mistaken (probably am, but whatev :P) Awesome fic though. Was really worried when Izo started duelling darkly... he's my favourite character! Don't you dare make him turn evil >:(

Well here's the next episode for you to enjoy, and don't worry, the plot is moving on...

[spoiler=Episode 11]Episode 11: Cyberspace Trophy part 1. Battle on server 5.

“Hm,” The chairman leaned back in his chair, looking down at the file collected on Ai “It seems she does fit in, however…”

The group of men around the table, including Josh who was seated opposite the chairman, all stared at him. When Josh and the chairman were in the same room together they seemed like the opposite sides of a chess board. Josh had long, untidy black hair and wore a dark suit, the chairman had neatly combed silver white hair and a clean white suit, the two stared at each other for a moment while the other four board members, including Koru Geru, sat by and watched.

“It seems the project has fulfilled its function,” Josh muttered “However as stated by your grandson, she isn’t far above the average level of a duelist her age.”

“We cannot force her to improve,” the chairman replied “However…”

He clasped his hands together and rested his chin upon them.

“I believe we can still use the Cyberspace project to our advantage,”

Josh raised an eyebrow at the comment but remained silent.

Ai hummed while she browed about on her computer. She opened up her Email and noticed about three new messages, one from school about a few timetable changes, one was a random advert that somehow managed to avoid the junk folder and the last one was an Email from Kaiba corp. Ai stared at it for a moment before opening it up.

Greetings.

Kaiba corp. is proud to announce the Cyberspace Trophy tournament, the first tournament ever to be held entirely online with participants from all around the world. Each server may select 1 participant to represent that server in the Cyberspace Trophy which will have a special new server created which can be accessed only by tournament members but viewed online by anybody.

Ai skimmed through the rest of the Email before closing it and heaving a sigh.

“Sounds great, but there’s no way I’d ever be in a tournament like that,” she sighed.

She frowned and looked down at the earphones lying on her desk.

“Well, I can still just be a regular duelist,” she muttered.

She plugged in the earphones and started up the Cyberspace program, transporting herself into the virtual world.

Ryuga and his grandfather entered the information laboratory for the Cyberspace project and Ryuga immediately headed for the booth where he usually sat to enter Cyberspace.

“You remember your task?” The chairman asked “Make sure Ai is selected for the server representative.”

“Of course,” Ryuga said, entering the booth and sitting down.

He plugged in his duel disk and inserted the headphones, plunging into Cyberspace.

He opened his eyes and looked about, seeing people buzzing with excitement, some talking to each other, others on their D-Cells. Ryuga opened his own D-Cell and opened it up; his had a few more options, Search, Hide and Block. He selected search and scrolled down till he found Ai’s name and selected it, a map then lit up on the screen, showing Ai’s location.

“Fountain District, huh?” He muttered “How ironic.”

He turned towards the specified location, hearing talk of the Cyberspace Trophy as he did so. He stopped as he entered the area and looked up, seeing Ai and Lex currently in the middle of a duel.

“Let’s go,” Lex said “Hammer King Ash Serpent, attack Spell Girl Luna!”

Ai flinched as her monster was consumed by Lex’s fire serpent and her life points dropped to 400.

“I’m not done yet,” Lex said “Hammer King, attack Elda!”

Ai looked behind her as the serpent curved round and lashed out again, this time destroying Ai’s Spell Girl – Elda and reducing her life points to zero.

“Hehe how’s that?” Lex laughed.

“It’s nothing to celebrate about,” Ai replied “I lose nearly all the time.”

“Which is why I’m going all out on you,” Lex replied “You really need a confidence boost.”

“Why don’t you lend her some of yours?” Izo asked, sitting on the fountain “You’ve got plenty to spare.”

He looked up as he saw a group of girls looking at him, at which they all turned away and started giggling. Izo merely grinned and stood up.

“Which reminds me,” he said “Either of you planning on joining that tournament.”

“Heh, you bet,” Lex said “If they don’t choose me to represent this server then they’ve already lost.”

“Considering I beat you without a hitch, it would be unwise to choose you as a representative.”

“Huh?”

The three of them turned about and saw Ryuga watching them.

“Long time no see,” Lex chuckled.

Ryuga and Izo stared at each other for a while, but soon looked away.

“That reminds me,” Lex said “How are we going to choose a representative?”

“I’d imagine the person with the most win/lose ratio would get the part,” Izo said.

“True, but as far as things go there’s only one person here equal to me,” Ryuga said.

“Heh, drop the ego dude,” Lex said.

“Like you’re one to talk,” Izo muttered.

“There’s another person as good as you?” Ai stared at him.

“Yeah,” Ryuga said “Kyle Card.”

As if on cue, a sizeable crowd showed up, moving in their direction. Ai looked past Ryuga to see a boy slightly taller than Ryuga with messy black hair, a black trench coat, sweater and trousers.

“Thought I’d find you here, Ryuga,” he said, speaking with a strong American accent.

Ryuga didn’t reply but continued to stare at him.

“Okay, here’s my deal,” Kyle said “We’re both like the best duelist here, so I say we have a duel to decide who gets to join the tournament, sound good?”

Ryuga merely stared at him.

“What?” Kyle said “I’m offering you a deal here, if you want me to just enter it by myself then fine by me.”

“I’ll accept your deal,” Ryuga replied “Only I get to choose a duelist to play instead of me.”

“Huh?” Kyle stared at him “Heh, if you don’t want to be in the tournament…”

“I said I’ll choose someone to duel in my place,” Ryuga interrupted, his tone growing dangerous.

Kyle immediately stopped talking and stared at Ryuga. A sudden silence seemed to have fallen over the onlookers.

“Do we have a deal?” Ryuga asked.

“Err…Sure, yeah,” Kyle replied “Whatever floats your boat.”

“Very well,” Ryuga said, and then turned his attention to Ai, causing her to flinch slightly “Ai Sakeru,” he said “I’ll let you duel in my place.”

“Eh?” Ai stared at him, dumbfounded.

“Err, you realize this girl just lost a duel right?” Lex asked.

Ai merely stared at Ryuga, completely unsure of what to say.

“B-but I…Well…I…Err…” She faltered.

“Is there a problem?” Ryuga asked, his eyes narrowing.

Ai gave a mouse-like squeak: “No, nothing!” She said, giving a quick bow.

Kyle raised an eyebrow as his looked at Ai, completely unsure of Ryuga’s intentions. Ai looked back at him, nervously.

“Well, let’s get started then,” Kyle said, raising his D-Wing.

Ai nodded and raised hers too.

“Duel!”

Ai drew a card from her deck and looked up at Kyle.

“This guy’s supposed to be the best duelist on this server,” she thought “Meaning he can probably get rid of all my life points in one shot, if that’s the case then he’ll obviously summon more than one monster during his turn.”

She looked down at her hand and nodded, she only had one monster but it would be perfect.

“All right,” she said, taking the card from her hand, I summon Spell Girl – Gale in defense mode!”

Ai’s monster rose up in front of her, settling down and raising her staff protectively.

“I’ll set three cards face down and end my turn,” Ai said, three face down cards appearing behind her monster. “Perfect,” she thought “I still have two spell cards in my hand, and these face down cards should be enough to defend myself.”

She nodded and looked back up at Kyle.

“Pretty girly deck,” he teased “My draw.”

Ai frowned slightly: “Here it comes,”

“I send Caius the Shadow Monarch to my graveyard!” Kyle said “And special summon Dark Grepher!”

A shadow began to swirl about in front of Kyle and a Dark Grepher rose out of it, grinning broadly.

“Dark Grepher can be special summoned by sending a level 5 or higher monster to my graveyard,” Kyle explained.

“I know that,” Ai said.

“True, but did you know his other effect?” Kyle asked “By sending my Snipe Hunter to the graveyard, I can send Dark Resonator from my deck to my graveyard.”

“Why is he doing that?” Ai thought “There’s no point just ditching his monsters like that.”

“Heh, this duel’s over already,” Kyle said “Because now I summon Dark Armed Dragon!”

“W-what?!” Ai cried out.

A huge black dragon with silver armor, small wings and a clubbed tail rose up on Kyle field, letting out a mighty roar.

“So he’s summoned it already, huh,” Ryuga muttered.

“its okay, Ai,” Ai thought “He only has two monsters, I can still discard both of my spell cards to block their attacks.”

Kyle sneered: “I play Dark Armed Dragon’s effect,”

“Huh?”

Kyle’s Snipe Hunter appeared behind him and then vanished, becoming a black flame around the Dark Armed Dragon’s claw.

“What’s happening?” Ai asked.

“Dark Armed Dragon’s effect,” Kyle said “By removing a Dark monster from play, I can destroy one card on the field.”

“W-what!?’

The Dark Armed Dragon charged forwards and crushed Gale under its claw, obliterating her completely.

“Gale!” Ai cried out.

“I’m not done!” Kyle roared “I remove Caius and Dark Resonator from play to destroy two of your face down cards!”

“Huh?”

Ai looked down at two of her cards were also crushed by the almighty Dark Armed Dragon.

“You’ve got to be kidding me!” She cried.

“Dark Grepher, attack!” Kyle ordered.

Kyle monster drew his sword, which was surrounded by dark energy, and charged at Ai, taking a slash at her and reducing her life points to 2300. Ai staggered back slightly.

“It’s over,” Kyle said “Dark Armed Dragon attack, Shadow Armed Punisher!”

Ai looked up and her eyes widened as she saw the great dragon looming over her and raising its claws to attack.

“You’re finished!” Kyle said “Dark Armed Dragon, attack with Shadow Armed Punisher!”

The dragon loomed over Ai and raised its massive claw, bringing it down on top of Ai.

“I play my trap card,” Ai said “Deflect!”

“Huh!”

A transparent barrier blocked the Dark Armed Dragon’s attack and Ai’s life points dropped to 900, at the same time the Dragon was thrown back and a spark of energy flew towards Kyle, hitting him and reducing his life points to 2600.

“What the heck!” He looked up at Ai who was panting heavily and looked very relieved.

“Deflect negates your attack and distributes the monster’s ATK between both players,” she explained.

Kyle stared at her: “A low level duelist like this managed to get a hit on my life points, and from my own monster.”

“My turn,” Ai said, drawing a card. “This won’t be easy,” she thought “But I won’t know unless I try.

“I summon Spell Girl – Stella!”

A girl with short, violet hair done up in pigtails and a black gothic outfit appeared in front of Ai.

“And just what are you going to do with that?” Kyle asked.

“Simple,” Ai said “I’ll send Spell Mirror to my graveyard to activate her effect.”

Ai sent the appropriate spell to her graveyard and picked up the top two cards of her deck.

“Stella allows me to pick up the top two cards of my deck, and if one of those cards is a spell card I can add it to my hand.”

“Just get on with it,” Kyle said.

Ai looked at the cards she’d drawn and sent them both to the graveyard, one of them was Wind Union, and the other was Spell Girl – Katara.

“Are you done?” Kyle asked.

“No,” Ai said “Because Spell Mirror has an effect to play when it’s sent to my graveyard, allowing me to play Stella’s effect again without paying the cost.”

Kyle frowned: “This is getting tedious.”

Ai picked up the next two cards and then a smile crossed her face.

“Awesome,” she said “I drew the spell card Spell Girl Summon, meaning I can add it to my hand and send my other card to the graveyard.”

She took Spell Girl – Luna from her hand and sent her to the graveyard.

“Now I activate Spell Girl Summon,” Ai said “Allowing me to special summon Spell Girl – Katara in defense mode!”

A girl with short ginger hair and a tight fitting blue outfit rose up on the field next to Stella.

“Next I play Spell Girl – Katara’s effect,” Ai said “By sending Spell Draw to my graveyard, I can Special Summon Wind Union!”

Katara raised her staff and a circle of light opened up in mid air and a small green haired pixie with a very cheeky expression jumped out of it, grinning from ear to ear.

“Now thanks to the effect of Spell Draw, I can draw two cards from my deck,” Ai said.

“Pft, whatever,” Kyle said “Right now all you have is three pathetic monsters and only two cards in your hand. There’s nothing you can do to stop me.”

“There is,” Ai said.

“What?”

“Since Wind Union is a Tuner monster, I can tune him to my Spell Girl – Stella,” Ai said “So let’s go!”

“You’re joking!” Kyle gasped.

Ai’s Wind Union jumped into the air, transforming into two green rings which fell around Stella, transforming her into four glowing orbs.

“A breath that lasts for eternity,” Ai chanted “And a soul that speaks of the powers of magic, combined together these elements will awaken an unlimited power. Synchro Summon, Rise, Spell Knight – Whynd!”

A girl with neat green hair, a winged head-dress and elegant green, gold and white armor rose out of the green pillar that crashed down onto Ai’s field.

“Synchro summon, huh?” Kyle muttered “But she doesn’t have enough ATK to defeat my Dark Armed Dragon.”

“Spell Knight – Whynd gains 100 ATK for each spell card in my graveyard,” Ai explained “And right now, I have three.”

Whynd glowed green and her ATK rose to 2400.

“It’s still not enough to beat me,” Kyle said.

“Whynd, attack Dark Grepher!” Ai ordered.

Whynd rushed forwards, a powerful wind surrounding her blade.

“You fool,” Kyle laughed “With a Dark monster in my graveyard, my Dark Armed Dragon will be able to destroy your monster next turn and allow me a direct attack to your life points.”

“Then I play Whynd’s effect,” Ai said.

“What?”

“I send Enchanted Flute to my graveyard,” Ai said “And return your Dark Armed Dragon to your hand.”

“What!?”

Ai sent her spell to the graveyard, raising her monster’s ATK to 2500. She stopped halfway towards Grepher and swung her sword at the Dark Armed Dragon, sending a gust of wind towards him. The Dark Armed Dragon vanished and reappeared in Kyle’s hand.

“N-no way,” he gasped.

Whynd then turned back to Grepher and took a slash at him, reducing Kyle’s life points to 1800. A few blue stars fell around Ai and her life points rose to 3400.

“By the effect of Enchanted Flute, I gain life points equal to Whynd’s ATK,” she explained.

“Why you…” Kyle growled.

“Wow, Ai’s actually winning now,” Izo said “Who’d have though it.”

“It’s fairly predictable,” Ryuga said.

“Huh?”

“Ai’s strategy is really just a mix of the most simple strategies in the game,” Ryuga said “Each of her cards has an effect that can help out in a certain situation, not only that but the spell cards too give her a powerful advantage when used with her Spell Girl and Spell Knight monsters. Put simply Ai’s deck is built to battle any situation; the only problem with the deck is drawing the right card at the right time.”

“Nerd,” Lex muttered.

“That’s why Spell Girls aren’t used that much,” Ryuga thought “However, in the hands of someone who has the power to choose what card she draws it will become an almost invincible force, Ai merely has to awaken that power and she can become a true duel monsters champion.”

“I’ll set one card and end my turn,” Ai said.

A face down card appeared behind Whynd and Ai breathed a sigh of relief.

“That’s enough to save me for now,” she thought “But I don’t know what he’ll pull next.”

“My turn,” Kyle said, drawing a card.

Ai bit her lip nervously as Kyle looked at the card he’d drawn and grinned.

“Heh, I’m afraid this game is over,” he said “I play Graceful Charity!”

“Huh?”

“With this card, I pick up three cards, and then I send Cyber Ouroborus, and Phantom of Chaos to my graveyard.”

“This doesn’t look good,” Izo said.

“And now I have exactly three Dark monsters in my graveyard, I call out the almighty Dark Armed Dragon!”

Ai looked up as the massive dragon rose up once again onto Kyle’s field.

“It’s over,” Kyle said “Because I have more than enough cards in my graveyard to destroy your entire field.”

“Then I’ll just have to stop you before you do that,” Ai said.

“Huh?”

“Reverse card open,” Ai said “Dark Star Barrier!”

Several black orbs flew from Ai’s card and attached themselves to Kyle’s Dark Armed Dragon.

“W-what?” Kyle looked up at his monster “What the heck have you done?”

“Dark Star Barrier can be activated when my opponent Special Summons a monster,” Ai said “And until the end of this turn that monster cannot attack or play its effect.”

Kyle looked livid at this news and glared at Ai.

“No matter, there’s no way you could possibly defeat my Dark Armed Dragon at the moment,” he said “I’ll set one card and end my turn.”

A face down card appeared behind Kyle’s Dark Armed Dragon.

“Heh, it’s over,” he thought “Her monster is nowhere near strong enough to defeat my dragon and she doesn’t have any cards in her hand, the likelihood that she’ll draw a spell is too low for me to worry about it, and as for my face down card.” He looked down at the Remote Revenge spell he’d set “Heh, if she tries to destroy my dragon I’ll just destroy her monster instead, then I’ll finish her off next turn.”

“My draw,” Ai said.

“Now then,” Ryuga thought “Show me the true power of your deck.”

“So, drawn what you need?” Kyle asked.

Ai stared down at her card.

“Ai?” Izo looked up and saw Ai’s eyes widened and her hand began to shake “Ai, what wrong?”

Ai seemed to snap out of a trance and shook her head.

“No, it’s nothing,” she thought “I summon Magical Mascot in attack mode!”

Kyle looked down, utterly confused, as a small winged cat appeared on Ai’s field.

“Do you really expect to win with that?” He laughed “Come on, something that weak can’t take down my Dark Armed Dragon.”

“Magical Mascot is a Tuner monster,” Ai said.

“Eh?”

“So now I’m tuning him to my level six Spell Knight – Whynd!” Ai declared “Go!”

Ai’s Mascot flew into the air, transforming into two green circles and falling around Spell Knight – Whynd, replacing her with six glowing orbs.

“A prayer that lasts for eternity,” Ai chanted “And a soul that speaks of the powers of magic, combined together these elements will awaken an unlimited power. Synchro Summon, descend from heaven, Spell Queen – Maria!”

A pillar of green light completely obscured Ai’s field from view and most of the audience had to shield their eyes from the bright light.

“Are Synchro summons supposed to be this bright?” Lex asked.

A pair of wings burst out from the pillar and soon the entire thing exploded to reveal Ai’s ultimate monsters, stars of light still falling around her, making her seem much more brightly lit than everything else. She settled down on Ai’s field, staring up at the Dark Armed Dragon.

“Another Synchro monster?” Kyle muttered.

“Spell Queen – Maria gains 200 ATK for each spell card in my graveyard,” Ai said “I have four, so she gains 800 ATK.”

“Gah, not good,” Kyle thought as Maria’s ATK rose to 3600 “Luckily I’ll still have life points left, if I can just draw the right card I can get my Dark Armed Dragon back and finish this duel.”

“Go, Maria,” Ai ordered “Attack Dark Armed Dragon! Divine Flash!”

Ai’s monster spread her wings and flew up into the air, raised her staff and aiming it towards Dark Armed Dragon.

“I play Spell Queen – Maria’s effect,” Ai said “By sending the top card of my deck to the graveyard, I can change the battle position of your monster.”

“Eh? What’s the use in that?” Kyle said.

Ai placed her hand on her deck and paused.

“If I don’t draw the right card he might be able to re-summon his dragon,” she thought “But…If I…”

“Ai…”

Ai stopped and looked about.

“Wings?”

“Can’t you trust that deck?” Wings asked.

“That’s not…I…” Ai faltered, looking around to see where Wings was.

“Focus, it’s not going to bite you,” Wings said “Just remember, your deck is your closest ally.”

“Closest Ally?” Ai looked down at her deck, thinking about all the different cards she’d put in there “Luna, Sola, Krystal, Gale…I put them in there because I…” She shook herself and then looked up at Kyle who was looking very confused “Because they’re my friends!

“Draw!” Ai said.

Ai, Kyle, Izo, Lex and most of the rest of the spectators held their breaths as Ai’s arm swung through the air and stopped. Ai took a deep breath and then looked up at Kyle, her face suddenly serious.

“The card I send to the graveyard is Magical Lightning!” Ai declared.

“Gah, you’re kidding me!” Kyle stammered.

His Dark Armed Dragon crouched down, folding its arms across its chest as Spell Queen – Maria’s ATK rose to 3800.

“When Spell Queen – Maria attacks a defense position monster, the difference in their points is then subtracted from your life points,” Ai explained.

“Hand on,” Kyle said “My dragon’s DEF is 1000, her ATK is 3800 and my life points are…Are….” He looked down at his life points counter “1800.”

Maria unleashed her attack, sending a beam of pure white energy towards Kyle’s monster and creating a great white dome of light. The Dark Armed Dragon let out a roar of pain and shattered, vanishing completely as Kyle’s life points dropped to zero. The light faded and Kyle dropped to his knees.

“Impossible,” he gasped “This is just impossible.”

“I won?” Ai muttered.

The silence was suddenly broken by a massive cheer. Ai jumped and looked around, noticing that a massive crowd had gathered within the fountain district and where now going nuts over the duel they’d just seen.

“AH! When did they all get here?” Ai exclaimed.

“I guess your duel attracted a crowd,” Ryuga said “Congratulations, looks like you’re in the Cyberspace Trophy.”

“Eh? But I…” Ai stammered, then immediately fell quiet upon seeing Ryuga’s expression “Err, yes, thank you.”

Ryuga gave a slight grin and then vanished on the spot.

“Well how about that,” Izo said “Looks like you’re in the tournament after all.”

Ai was about to reply when she suddenly found herself surrounded by an almost endless number of people chatting like crazy. Away from the crowd Wings stood, leaning against the wall of a building with his spirit once again hidden in shadows.

“I don’t like how things are going,” he said.

“If you didn’t want her in the tournament why did you help her?”

“Because I hate seeing a duelist who has no faith in their deck,” Wings replied “Wouldn’t you feel the same if you where in my position.”

“Just remember I’ve gotten you out of plenty of scrapes too,”

“Heh, that true,” Wings replied.

The two of them vanished once more, leaving no trace.

“It seems your mission was a success, Ryuga,” the chairman said “Perhaps you’re not as useless as I make you out to be.”

“It was mostly down to chance,” Ryuga said “I couldn’t do a thing to influence the duel.”

“That may be true, but it seemed your gamble paid off.”

Ryuga didn’t reply but walked past his grandfather and out of the room. The chairman didn’t watch him go but continued staring at the screen.

Ryuga walked down a pristine, white corridor with several sliding doors and windows on either side. He passed by a window running along the edge of the wall that looked down into a large room sunken into the floor and stopped, looking down at a boy with spiky black hair, a sleeveless red jacket and a padded jacket and trousers. As he watched the boy he seemed to look back up and the two of them locked eyes for a minute before Ryuga looked away and continued walking down the corridor.

“Am I really doing the right thing?” He thought.

He took his deck out and looked down at it, frowning and then put it away again.

mkeq9y.jpg

Name: Spell Knight - Whynd

Attribute: WIND

Type: Spellcaster / Synchro

Lore: "Wind Union" + 1 or more non-Tuner Monster(s)

This card gains 100 ATK for each Spell Card in your Gravayard. When this card declares an attack, discard 1 Spell Card to return 1 card on your opponent's field to the owner's hand.

ATK: 2100

Trivia: This card's appearance is based of Fuu from 'Magic Knight Rayearth'.

Tips: If you have enough Spell Cards in your hand you can use this card to clear your opponent's field of monsters.

[spoiler=cards used in episode 11]

236om6.jpg

DarkGrepherPTDN-EN-ScR-1E.png

DarkArmedDragonPTDN-EN-ScR.png

Name: Deflect

Type: Counter Trap

Lore: Negate the attack of 1 of your opponent's monsters and inflict damage to both players equal to half that monster's ATK.

43114ag7.jpg

236vj8.jpg

236qg2.jpg

236bf6.jpg

236de8.jpg

236iu9.jpg

GracefulCharityHL04-EN-UPR.png

236gr1.jpg

magicalmascotyt4.png

236od3.jpg

236yl3.jpg

No comments? Oh well, I'll post the next episode anyway:

[spoiler=Episode 12]

Episode 12: Cyberspace Trophy part 2. Fearsome power of the Obsidian Lord.

Ai sat on her bed and sighed, leaning back at staring up at the ceiling.

“How did this end up happening?” She sighed “I know I’ve always wanted to be in a tournament, but…” She faltered, looking at her computer screen “In this case everybody’s counting on me to win, and if I let them down…” She trailed off again, biting her lip and falling back onto her bed. “I just can’t do this.”

“It seems the plan was a success,” the chairman said, walking down a white corridor with Ryuga following.

“There’s always the possibilities that she’ll lose,” Ryuga said “Ai has no confidence in herself.”

“That’s why we’re hosting this tournament,” the Chairman replied “She’ll be of no use to us unless she improves her own self-confidence.”

They stopped as a door slid open and a tall man with short but neatly combed black hair stepped through.

“Ah, my apologize, sir,” he said in a soft but cold voice “I didn’t know you were here.”

“Shouldn’t you be back at Kaiba Corp helping with preparations, Shura Kimiro.”

Kimiro merely grinned and gave a bow: “I was just on my way, sir, excuse me.”

He straightened up and walked past them, the same sinister grin playing on his face. Ryuga watched him till he was out of sight.

“I don’t like him,” he said.

“It is not your place to tell me your opinion,” his grandfather replied “Come, we’ve got work to do.”

“Yes, sir,” Ryuga said.

Kimiro watched them go and then took out a phone from his pocket.

“Are our preparations ready?” He asked.

Ai turned on her computer the next day and her Email box flashed. She opened it and found another Email from Kaiba Corp about the Cyberspace Trophy, it seemed they’d somehow found out she’d been chosen to represent them.

Participant:

Congratulations, you are now representing your server in the Cyberspace Trophy; remember that the best of the best from all around the world gather here so be on your guard. You will be redirected to the tournament server where you will be given additional information; we wish you a speedy victory.

Ai sighed; the phrase ‘best of the best from all around the world’ did nothing for her confidence. Her curser hovered over the blue ‘C’ marking the shortcut for the Cyberspace program. She hesitated and then double clicked it before being transported into the virtual world.

Ai opened her eyes and looked around, finding herself in a new location. It looked like a sort of stadium, except there was no stand for the crowds and the ceiling seemed to stretch on forever. Two large windows at either end spilled light onto a raised platform in the middle of the room, illuminating the area in which the two duelists would stand.

“So this is the tournament server, huh?” Ai muttered “Wow.”

Suddenly her vision went dark and she felt herself getting pulled back slightly.

“Ah!”

“Guess who…” Sounded a familiar voice.

Ai faltered and then broke free of the stranger’s grip, turning about to see Yue grinning at her.

“Yo’,” she said, waving.

“Y-Yue?” Ai stared at her “Are you in the tournament too?”

“Yup,” Yue replied “And there’s no need for that expression, I was having a laugh.”

“Oh, sorry…” Ai said “Hey, I thought you were blind.”

Yue chuckled softly: “Ai, this is virtual reality, it’s projected right into our brains and all physical handicaps are removed, so in here I can see as well as you can. And I have to tell you, sight is overrated.”

“Oh, I see,” Ai replied.

There were a few more people floating about, Ai noticed Yuu also standing somewhere on his own, looking unusually grumpy.

“Heard you beat some DAD deck to get here,” Yue said “Pretty impressive, those things are pretty broken if you ask me.”

Ai wasn’t really listening; she was too busy looking around at the other contestants standing about. Her eyes fell on a tall man with long dark hair, a navy suit and matching gloves, boots scarf, she quickly looked away as he looked at her.

“Nervous?” Yue asked.

“Yeah,” Ai replied.

“Attention participants!” A loud voice rang out through the room, causing Ai to jump “You have been chosen to represent your server in the first worldwide tournament held by Kaiba Corp, the Cyberspace Trophy, congratulations. Match ups are selected at random and duels will begin when both players are online, in the meantime feel free to edit your deck as much as you please before the first match.”

“What am I going to do,” Ai muttered “I’m going to lose, I just know it.”

“Cut it out, would you,” Yue said, there’s nothing to worry about.

Ai bit her lip and looked down at her D-Wing with her deck neatly held within it.

“You remember, right?” Wings’ voice echoed through her head.

“Huh?”

“If you can’t trust those card, they won’t trust you back,” Wings said, as Ai looked about for him.

“I…” Ai faltered.

“What’s up?” Yue asked.

Ai looked back at her, frowning slightly.

“Nothing,” she replied.

Izo and Lex stood in the middle of a large square with four massive screens floating in mid air, displaying the activity within the tournament server. A large crowd had gathered about it, all chattering about the tournament and how well Ai was going to do.

“I’ve got a bad feeling about this,” Lex muttered.

“How do you mean?” Izo asked.

“It’s like there’s more to this tournament than just what it seems,” Lex replied “I swear, there has to be a better reason.”

“Heh, well when you work out what it is feel free to tell me,” Izo chuckled.

Lex frowned and shrugged.

“How well do you suppose she’ll do?” He asked.

“That just depends,” Izo replied “On whether her spirit is in the right place.”

A slight grin crossed Izo’s face: “She knows what she has to do,” he thought “So don’t be afraid, Ai.”

Ai was staring down at her deck again, still frowning.

“How can I trust my cards when the…” Her thoughts were interrupted by the voice booming through the arena once more.

“Round 1 has started, participants prepare yourselves!”

Four large screens appeared above the arena, displaying a tournament table with the different pictures of the duelists flashing at the bottom. Eventually they settled down, settling on the random selection of matches for this round. Ai’s eyes widened as she saw her picture freeze at the far end, meaning she’d be in the first match, and they grew even wider when Yuu’s picture froze next to hers.

“W-what?!” She stammered “I’m dueling Yuu?”

She looked over nervously to see Yuu watching her, a dark expression on his face.

Back in the information lab, the chairman sat back to watch the proceedings on the many screens set about the room while the scientists analyzed the data coming through.

“Of course, it’s not random,” he thought “Ai has dueled Yuu before and defeated him, and this is merely a test run for our plan.”

He clasped his hands together and leaned back, grinning broadly.

“So, let’s see what you do,” he muttered.

Ai and Yuu continued to stare at each other, as did the rest of the duelists gathered there.

“Great,” Ai thought “Last time I dueled Yuu I had Izo with me to help, but this time…I’m not sure if I can win.”

“Something wrong?” Yuu asked “Our duel is first, so let’s begin.”

“Huh? Oh, s-sorry,” Ai replied.

Rather nervously she stepped up onto the arena and into the circle of light. Yuu stepped into the light opposite her, still with the same angry expression on his face.

“You may have defeated me last time,” he said “But mark my words, that won’t happen this time.”

Ai swallowed hard and the two of them raised their duel disks.

“Duel!”

“Looks like they’re off,” Lex said “I hope Ai does okay.”

“She’s dueled Yuu before,” Izo replied “She knows what he can do.”

“He might have changed his deck,” Lex replied.

“I doubt it,” Izo shrugged.

Ai continued to stare at Yuu, unmoving.

“Are we going to duel or not?” Yuu asked “Come on, you start, then I can finish this in one turn.”

Ai gulped but nonetheless, drew a card.

“Trust in my deck,” she thought “But how can I?”

She looked at the card she’d drawn.

“Dark Star Barrier,” she thought “If he summons his Obsidian Guardian I can block it for one turn, but after that I don’t know what to do.”

She shook her head and placed the card in her hand before taking out another card.

“I summon Tele Supporter in defense mode!” She declared.

A small creature covered in futuristic looking blue armour rose up on Ai’s field, crossing its arms across its chest. Ai looked at the Dark Star Barrier card in her hand and set it.

“I’ll lay one card face down and end,” she said.

“Is that all?” Yuu asked “Pathetic, my draw!”

He took a card from his deck rather forcefully.

“I play the spell, Dark World Lightning!” He declared, showing Ai the card.

A lightning bolt suddenly struck Ai’s card and it shattered.

“Eh!” She exclaimed.

“By the effect of Dark World Lightning I send one card in my hand to the graveyard, and I choose my Plasma Servant.”

Ai bit her lip, looking slightly tense.

“Now what am I going to do?” She thought to herself.

“Next I activate the effect of my Plasma Servant!” Yuu said “I’ll remove Mechanical Ghost from play…” The image of Yuu’s Mechanical Ghost floated behind him and then vanished “And special Summon my Plasma Servant!”

Yuu’s monster burst from the ground, a small grey imp with red markings and blood red eyes.

“Next I activate the spell card, Inferno Reckless Summon!” Yuu said “Allowing me to summon two more Plasma Servants!”

The ground burst open once more and two more imps jumped out of it, cackling menacingly.

“Wait, three Dark monsters,” Izo muttered “That can only mean one thing.”

“By the effect of Inferno Reckless Summon, I’m also allowed to summon two more Tele Supporters!” Ai said as two more creatures appeared on her field.

“Let’s go!” Yuu said “I Release all three of my Plasma Servants, in order to Special Summon Obsidian Guardian!”

“Here it comes,” Izo thought.

Ai looked up as a shadow fell over her and her eyes grew wide with horror at the massive creature towering above her.

“N-not again,” she stammered.

“Next I activate the spell card Tribute Cannon,” Yuu said “Since I sent three monsters to my graveyard I can now attack three times.”

“W-what?!” Ai stammered.

“Go, Obsidian Guardian!” Yuu ordered “Black Club!”

Yuu’s monster raised its club and brought it crashing down upon Ai’s Tele Supported, destroying it.

“I play Tele Supporter’s effect,” Ai said “By paying 600 life points; I can add one Spell from my deck to my hand.”

Ai’s life points dropped to 3400 and a card slid out of her deck, she picked it up and placed it in her hand.

“I’m not done with you!” Yuu said “Obsidian Guardian!”

Ai’s second Tele Supported was crushed and Ai’s life points dropped to 2800 as she took another card from her deck. The Obsidian Guardian then drew its club along the ground and destroyed Ai’s final monster. Ai’s life points dropped to 2200 and another card slid out of her deck.

“Hm, lucky escape,” Yuu said “I’ll set a card and end my turn.”

“Great, what am I going to do,” Ai thought “I’ve already spent nearly half my life points, and that thing weakens all my monsters.”

She looked down at her hand as she drew a card.

“Eight cards,” she thought “Well, I may as well make the most of what I’ve got.

“I summon Spell Girl Ria!” Ai declared.

A girl with long blond hair tied up in two pigtails and a flowing black robe and cape as well as a staff that looked more like a jeweled axe than anything rose up on Ai’s field.

“I play Spell Girl Ria’s effect,” Ai said “By sending Spell Calling to destroy your Obsidian Guardian!”

Ai sent the designated card to her graveyard and Ria raised her staff to point towards the Obsidian Guardian and shot a bolt of lightning towards him.

“Not good enough,” Yuu said “I activate Remote Revenge!”

“Huh!?”

Ria’s lightning bolt suddenly bounced back and struck her instead, she let out a brief cry of pain before she shattered.

“Ria!” Ai cried.

“Pathetic,” Yuu muttered “I can’t believe I beat you last time.”

Ai turned to glare at him.

“Face it, you have no cards left on your field, my monster has 3000 ATK and thanks to your Tele Supporters your life points are a pathetic 2200,” Yuu said “You’ve lost.”

“Ignore him,” Wings’ voice rang in Ai’s ear.

“Wings?” Ai glanced behind her “Where are you?”

“Watching,” Wings replied “You’ve still got cards in your hand, right?”

“Well, yeah,” Ai replied.

“Then you haven’t lost yet,” Wings said.

Ai swallowed and looked at her hand.

“I’ll set one card and end my turn,” she said.

“That’s it? That’s all you’re going to do?” Yuu barked “Pathetic, my turn!”

He took a card from his deck and placed it in his hand.

“Obsidian Guardian! Direct attack!” He ordered.

Yuu’s monster raised its club and began to bring it down on Ai.

“Reverse card open!” Ai said “Enchanted Javelin!”

“What?”

“Enchanted Javelin increases my life points by your monster’s ATK,” Ai explained.

A decorated winged javelin appeared on Ai’s field and shot towards the Obsidian Guardian, digging itself in and raising Ai’s life points to 5200.

“But it doesn’t negate my attack,” Yuu said “Go, Obsidian Guardian!”

Ai raised her hands above her head as the Obsidian Guardian brought its club down on top of her, obscuring her behind a cloud of smoke as her life points dropped back to 2200.

“Ai!” Lex suddenly cried out.

“Don’t worry, that trap card just saved her neck,” Izo replied “She’s still in this duel.”

“My draw!” Ai said, taking a card from her deck.

“You remember what I told you, right?” Wings asked.

“I think so,” Ai replied, looking down at her card.

Yuu continued to glare at her impatiently.

“I’m waiting,” he said gruffly.

“Don’t rush me,” Ai replied.

“Tch,” Yuu looked down at his hand “It doesn’t matter even if she destroys my Obsidian Guardian,” he thought “I’ve got a much better card than him.”

“I’ll play Spell Girl Elda!” Ai said.

Yuu raised an eyebrow as Ai’s monster materialized.

“By Elda’s effect, I discard Fire Spirit from my hand and your monster loses 500 ATK.” Ai said.

“What?” Yuu looked up as a red glow surrounded Obsidian Guardian and his ATK dropped to 2500.

“Since I discarded Fire Spirit, I can now Special Summon Fire Union!” Ai said.

A small ball of flame lit up on Ai’s field and her Fire Union jumped out of it.

“Yes,” Izo said “Now she can tuner her Fire Union with Elda.”

“Let’s go,” Ai said “I tune my level 2 Fire Union to my level 4, Spell Girl – Elda!”

Ai Fire Union flew into the air, transforming into two green rings which fell around Elda.

“A heartbeat that lasts for eternity,” Ai chanted “And a soul that speaks of the powers of magic, combined together these elements will awaken an unlimited power. Synchro Summon, let's go, Spell Knight – Fiya!”

A green pillar lit up on Ai’s field and faded, revealing her flaming Synchro monster.

“By Obsidian Guardian’s effect, your monster loses 600 ATK!” Yuu said.

Fiya’s ATK suddenly dropped to 1500.

“True, but thanks to her own effect she gains 200 ATK because of the spell cards in my grave,” Ai said as Fiya’s ATK rose to 1700 “Also I play the equip magic card Enchanted Broach!”

A black chocker with a gemstone hanging from it appeared around Fiya’s neck and her ATK rose to 2500.

“Enchanted Broach raises my monster’s ATK by 800,” Ai explained.

“Tch, cheap,” Yuu muttered “But that just puts our monsters on equal level.”

“True, but when Fiya declared an attack, I can discard one Spell Card to activate her effect,” Ai said.

“What?”

“Go, Spell Knight – Fiya!” Ai ordered “Attack!”

Fiya ran forwards and then leaped into the air, flames bursting into life around her sword.

“I send Spell Draw to my graveyard, not only increasing Fiya’s ATK, but inflicting damage to you equal to your monster’s ATK.”

Yuu merely glared at Ai as Fiya brought her sword down, consuming Obsidian Guardian in a powerful flame and destroying him, reducing Yuu’s life points to 1400.

“Hm, not bad,” he said “However you’ve merely played straight into my hands.”

“Huh?”

“When Obsidian Guardian is destroyed, I can summon a much more powerful monster,” Yuu said “Come, Obsidian Lord!”

The flames still surrounding the broken pieces of the Obsidian Guardian suddenly grew bigger and then exploded, revealing a large black sphere with a singe yellow eye in the center, glaring down at Ai’s monster.

“W-What the hell is that?” Ai gasped.

“Obsidian Lord,” Yuu said “A monster that can only be summoned when Obsidian Guardian is destroyed.”

Ai gulped.

“Since your Guardian is gone, Fiya’s ATK returns to normal,” she said as Fiya’s ATK rose back to 3200.

“I’m well aware of that,” Yuu said calmly “Are you done?”

“Huh? Oh, yeah,” Ai replied.

“Good,” Izo said, drawing a card “Because thanks to Obsidian Guardian’s effect your monster’s ATK is halved!”

“Eh?!” Ai looked down at her monsters as its ATK dropped to 1600.

“Go, Obsidian Lord!” Yuu commanded “Destroy her monster, Pitch Black Blast!”

The Obsidian Lord’s eye seemed to open wider and a blast of dark light surged from it, wrapping around Ai’s monster and destroying it, reducing her life points to 300. She yelled and staggered backwards as the shattered pieces of her monster vanished.

“I’ll lay one card face down and end my turn,” Yuu said.

Ai got back to her feet, panting slightly.

“Useless,” Yuu thought “She only beat me last time by luck, but this time I’ll win for sure.”

“My draw,” Ai said, taking a card from her deck.

She looked down at it and took a deep breath.

“I summon Spell Girl – Katara!” She said, placing her card on the field “Next I’ll play her effect, by discarding Earth Union from my hand, I can special summon Fire Union!”

Ai’s Fire Union appeared again by Katara’s side.

“Also, by the effect of Earth Spirit, I can special summon Earth Union!” Ai said.

Another of Ai’s tuner monsters appeared beside her Fire Union.

“Wait, why two tuners?” Lex asked.

“You just don’t learn do you,” Izo sighed.

“Now I tune my level 2 Earth Union to my level 4 Spell Girl – Katara!” Ai said “Go!”

Earth Union split into two rings which fell around Katara and before long Ai’s Spell Knight – Terra was standing on the field.

“But I’m not done there,” Ai said “Next I tune my level 2 Fire Union to my level 6 Spell Knight – Terra!”

“Oh, now I get it!” Izo said.

“A prayer that lasts for eternity,” Ai chanted “And a soul that speaks of the powers of magic, combined together these elements will awaken an unlimited power. Synchro Summon, descend from heaven, Spell Queen – Maria!”

A pillar of green light lit up on Ai’s field, then a pair of wings broke out of it before the light dissipated to reveal Spell Queen – Maria.”

“Ai’s ultimate monster, huh,” Yuu muttered.

“Spell Queen – Maria gains 1000 ATK due to the five spells in my graveyard,” Ai said “So go, Maria attack Obsidian Lord with Divine Flash!”

Maria rose up into the air and charged her staff with holy energy before firing it towards the Obsidian Lord, obscuring it behind a dome of brilliant white light and reducing Yuu’s life points to 1100.

“She did it!” Lex cried.

Yuu merely took the only card in his hand and sent it to the graveyard as the light faded and the Obsidian Lord remained where he was.

“Huh?” Ai stared at it “But why?”

“By Obsidian Lord’s effect, I send a card from my hand to the graveyard and I can Special Summon him straight after being destroyed by battle.”

“W-what!?” Ai stammered.

“Also, I activate the Continuous Trap, Card Trade,” he said “I can activate this when I discard a card from my hand by one of my own monster’s effect, and from now on when a card is discarded from my hand by the effect of my own monster I gain 800 life points.”

“No way,” Lex muttered.

Ai looked a little taken aback, but continued nonetheless.

“I’ll set a card and end my turn,” she said.

Yuu didn’t speak as he drew a card from his deck.

“What am I going to do?” Ai thought “His monster’s going to halve Maria’s ATK.”

“By the effect of Obsidian Lord, your monster’s ATK is cut in half,” Yuu said as Maria’s ATK dropped to 1900 “Now Obsidian Lord, finish her off with your Pitch Black Blast!”

Yuu’s monster fired its ATK towards Spell Queen – Maria and she vanished beneath it, shattering into infinitesimal pieces.

“I play my face down card,” Ai said “Defense Draw, this negates the damage I take and allows me to draw a card.”

“Fine by me,” Yuu muttered.

Ai took a card from her deck and looked down at it.

“Very well,” Yuu said “I end my turn, let’s see what you can do.”

Ai took another card from her deck and looked down at it.

“I guess I don’t have much choice,” she muttered.

Yuu looked up, his eyes widening slightly when he saw Ai’s expression.

“I summon Spell Girl – Kokora!” Ai declared.

Yuu looked down as Ai’s monster emerged onto her field.

“I play Kokora’s effect,” Ai said “By sending Water’s Spirit from my hand to the grave; I raise her ATK by 500.”

“Excuse me?” Yuu replied “And what was the point of that?”

“Because Water’s Spirit allows me to special summon another tuner monster,” Ai said “Water Union!”

A surge of water erupted onto Ai’s field and a small fairy with neatly combed short blue hair emerged out of it, landing gracefully next to Kokora.

“Another Synchro Summon?” Yuu muttered “Don’t take me lightly; your last two have failed you, what makes you think this’ll work.”

Ai ignored him and raised her hand.

“I tune my level 2 Water Union with my level 4 Spell Girl – Kokora!” She said as her tuner burst into two green rings and fell around Kokora “A teardrop that lasts for eternity, and a soul that speaks of the powers of magic. Combined together these two elements will awaken a new power. Synchro Summon, come forth, Spell Knight – Akwa!”

An elegant knight with light blue armor and long aqua hair emerged from the pillar of light and onto Ai’s field.

“You just don’t give up,” Yuu muttered.

“Since I have six spells in my graveyard, Akwa now has 2700 ATK,” Ai explained.

“Maybe so,” Yuu said “But it’s not enough.”

Ai didn’t reply and ordered her attack: “Akwa, attack Obsidian Guardian!”

Akwa ran forwards, raising her sword.

“It’s useless,” Yuu barked “Even if she did have enough ATK to take down my Obsidian Lord, I can just discard this card and bring him back.”

“I play Akwa’s effect and send Enchanted Sword to my grave,” Ai said, taking the card from her hand and raising Akwa’s ATK to 3800.

“You just don’t learn,” Yuu said.

“Aren’t you going to ask what Akwa’s effect it?” Ai asked.

“Hm?”

“By sending a spell card to my graveyard, I can send one random card in your hand to the graveyard!”

“What?!”

Akwa fired a long, thin stream of water towards Yuu’s hands and snatched the card from his hand like a whip, crushing it with another crack of the aquatic whip.

“No!” Yuu cried “When my opponent discards a card from my hand, Card Trade inflicts damage to me instead.”

No sooner had he said this than a pillar of light had lit up around him and his life points dropped to 300.

“No, my Obsidian Lord!”

Akwa brought her sword down, slicing the giant eye in two. It fell to the ground and shattered. Yuu stared in horror as his life points dropped to zero and he dropped to his knees, defeated. Ai breathed a sigh of relief as the holograms faded and almost collapsed herself.

“And the conclusion of our first match is an epic win by Ai Sakeru!” the voice sounded “Ai Sakeru advances to the next round!”

This announcement was met with cheers by the crowd gathered in server five.

2uonr7l.jpg

Name: Spell Knight - Akwa

Attribute: WATER

Type: Spellcaster / Synchro

Lore: "Water Union" + 1 or more non-Tuner Monster(s)

This card gains 100 ATK for each Spell Card in your Gravayard. When this card declares an attack, discard 1 Spell Card, your opponent then randomly selects 1 card in their hand and sends it to the Graveyard.

ATK: 2100

Trivia: This card's appearance is based of 'Umi' from 'Magic Knight Rayearth'.

[spoiler=cards used in episode 12]

Name: Tele Supporter

Attribute: Light

Type: Psychic

Lore: When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard by battle, you can pay 600 life points to add one Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.

ATK: 1500

DarkWorldLightningDR04-EN-R.png

Name: Plasma Servant

Type: Fiend

Lore: When this card is sent from your hand to the Graveyard, you can remove one DARK monster in your Deck from play to Special Summon this card.

DEF: 100

InfernoRecklessSummonDP2-EN-SR.jpg

236zi7.jpg

Name: Tribute Cannon

Lore: Select 1 monster on your side of the field. During this turn no other monsters can declare an attack. The selected card can attack once for each Monster Card sent to your Graveyard this turn. Reduce all Battle Damage to your opponent this turn to 0.

236ut1.jpg

236dl3.jpg

RemoteRevengeTDGS-JP-C.jpg

Activate only when a monster you control is targeted by a Spell, Trap or Effect Monster controlled by your opponent, which destroys 1 monster on the field. Switch the target to another correct target that your opponent controls.

EnchantedJavelinPSV-EN-C.jpg

236eu9.jpg

236wp7.jpg

236cu6.jpg

236ve5.jpg

Name: Enchanted Broach

Lore: Equip only to a "Spell Knight" monster. The equipped monster gains 800 ATK. If this card is sent from your hand to the Graveyard as cost for a monster effect, once that effect resolved you can return 1 card from your Graveyard to your Deck, the Deck is then shuffled.

236aw5.jpg

236jq3.jpg

236xd7.jpg

236qu4.jpg

236fm5.jpg

Name: Card Trade

Type: Contintuous Trap

Lore: You can activate this card when a card is sent from your hand to the Graveyard by an effect you control. When you send a card from your hand to your Graveyard by an effect you control, increase your life points by 800. If a card is sent from your hand to the Graveyard by an effect controlled by your opponent, you takke 800 damage.

418px-DefenseDrawTDGS-EN-R-1E.jpg

236jg6.jpg

236gw0.jpg

236xz5.jpg

236db9.jpg

Name: Enchanted Sword

Lore: Equip only to a "Spell Knight" monster. If a monster with more ATK than the equipped monster exists on your opponent's Field, the equipped monster gains 1000 ATK. When this card is sent from your hand to the graveyard as cost for a Monster Effect, once that effect resolves increase the ATK of 1 "Spell Girl" or "Spell Knight" monster you control by 1000 Until the End Phase.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

@11: OMG. Dark Armed Dragon.

I just hoped he'd be with a more competent Duelist. :(

Oh well. Having him in an anime at all is dangerous. I'm surprised you pulled it off so well.

@12: So that's how Obsidian Lord works.

I notice all these Duels seem to culminate in a rapid series of ATK increases. Maybe you'll want to switch that up a bit, or is that intentional?

@11: OMG. Dark Armed Dragon.

I just hoped he'd be with a more competent Duelist. :(

Oh well. Having him in an anime at all is dangerous. I'm surprised you pulled it off so well.

@12: So that's how Obsidian Lord works.

I notice all these Duels seem to culminate in a rapid series of ATK increases. Maybe you'll want to switch that up a bit' date=' or is that intentional?

[/quote']

That is unintentional in most cases except in Ai's case where it's part of her strategy. I did create Obsidian Lord and Obsidian Guardian to try and counteract this, however it does seem to have resulted in more ATK increases. But I guarantee the next duel won't be won by ATK increases, I swear ><....

Well, after a case of writer's block I've finally finished episode 13. And we have another duel from quite possibly my favourite character (yeah, I have favourites too XD...)....

[spoiler=episode 13]Episode 13: Cyberspace Trophy part 3. Aggravating Insect Deck.

Ai stared about her, utterly amazed by what she’d just done. Yuu was on his knees, punching the floor and cursing.

“Nice going!” Yue called, waving up at Ai “You looked awesome!”

“You think so?” Ai asked, jumping down from the stage.

“Hey come on,” Yue said, patting Ai on the shoulder “You should really quit being such an under confident duelist, you did great up there.”

“I guess,” Ai replied “It’s just…” She looked down at her deck, a slight frown on her face.

“Hm? Something wrong?” Yue asked.

“Nothing,” Ai replied, shaking her head “Sorry…”

“Hmm,” Yue looked skeptical.

The crowd in server five was already buzzing, exited that Ai had won her first duel and proceeded to the next round.

“Somehow, that seemed a little too easy,” Izo muttered.

“How so?” Lex asked.

“I dunno,” Izo replied “It’s like they pitted her against someone she could beat on purpose.”

“Yeah but, come on,” Lex replied “Why would they do that?”

“I don’t know,” Izo replied.

His mind flashed back to the recent meeting he and his father had with Joshinyu, and the file that his father received.

“Lex,” he said “Do you really think there’s an ulterior motive behind this tournament?”

“Hm? Why’d you ask that?” Lex asked.

However Izo didn’t reply and carried on thinking, his expression becoming almost angry.

“Ah, the next round is starting!” Lex declared.

Izo looked up to see the next two competitors walking up on stage, Yue and another person with a pair of small glasses and rather messy hair that stuck up at the front.

“That’s Yue, isn’t it?” Izo asked.

“Who?”

“Never mind,” Izo said “Who’s her opponent.”

“Some guy named Daram,” Lex replied “He’s a British duelist.”

“Oh, I see,” Izo replied.

Yue looked at her opponent grinning.

“Don’t feel embarrassed when I beat you,” she said.

“Why would I feel embarrassed?” Daram asked.

“Eh?” Yue blinked “Err…Never mind. Duel!”

Both D-Wings activated and the two player’s life points rose to 4000.

“Let’s get started!” Yue said, taking a card from her deck.

She looked down at her hand and grinned, noticing that she’d drawn both Cocco Lupia and Baby Zoppe.

“Excellent,” she thought “He’ll attack and destroy my Cocco Lupia and then I’ll be able to special summon Baby Zoppe, in turn allowing me to special summon Cocco Lupia back, then I can Synchro summon my Explosive Soldier.”

She looked back up at Daram, a smug expression on her face.

“Here I go,” she said “I summon Cocco Lupia in defense mode!”

Yue’s small fire bird appeared on her field, giving a short chirp as it appeared. Yue grinned smugly, looking as though she was expecting something. Her grin faded after a while and she glanced about, seemingly confused.

“Yue, is there something wrong?” Ai asked.

“Huh? Oh, nothing,” Yue replied “I’m fine, turn end.”

“Okay,” Daram said “My draw.”

He took a card from his deck and looked down at it, adding it to his hand.

“I summon Fox Fire in defense mode!” He declared.

A small fox with a candle flame burning on its tail appeared in front of Daram, letting out a small squeak.

“Eh!?” Ai looked between the two monsters “He’s not going to attack?”

Yue raised an eyebrow, staring at Daram’s field.

“I’ll also activate the continuous spell card, The Dark Door!”

A larger version of the card flipped open in front of Daram and glowed briefly.

“As long as this card remains on the field, we can only attack with one monster per turn,” Daram explained.

“Well that’s slightly annoying,” Yue muttered.

“I’ll set a card and end my turn,” Daram said.

“Okay then,” Yue said, drawing a card from her hand and instinctively running her thumb across the bottom, she paused and then looked at the card and shrugged “I summon Baby Zoppe!”

Her second fire bird appeared next to her first.

“Let’s go,” she said “Since Baby Zoppe is a tuner monster; I’m tuning it to my level 1 Cocco Lupia!”

“A level four Synchro summon?” Daram muttered.

Baby Zoppe broke into three rings and fell around Cocco Lupia, transforming it into a single orb of light. A pillar of light then opened up on Yue’s field and vanished to reveal her Explosive Soldier.

“Now let’s see what that Fox Fire can do for you,” Yue said “Explosive Soldier, attack!”

Yue’s monster threw its yo-yo like weapon towards Daram’s field and destroyed his Fox Fire with ease.

“And I’m not done there,” Yue said “I play my Explosive Soldier’s effect, inflicting damage to you for each Fire attribute bird in my graveyard.”

Explosive Soldier raised its other arm and fired a stream of flame towards Daram.

“I play my trap card,” Daram said “Phoenix Wing Wind Blast.”

“Huh!”

A sudden wind began to pick up and the Explosive Soldier’s flame was dispersed and the Explosive Soldier itself vanished.

“What the heck?” Yue gawped.

Daram took one card from his hand and sent it to his graveyard.

“Phoenix Wing Wind Blast allows me to discard one card from my hand to return one card you control to your deck.

“Damn,” Yue muttered “I end.”

“And I activate another effect,” Daram said.

“Huh?”

A small fireball appeared on Daram’s field and his Fox Fire jumped out of it.

“Fox Fire is resurrected during the end phase of a turn where he’s destroyed in battle,” Daram said.

“I get it,” Izo muttered “It’s a lock down.”

“How do you mean?” Lex asked.

“Simple, Yue can only attack with one monster per turn,” Izo explained “And Fox Fire resurrects when it’s destroyed by battle. Put simply, Daram has an unbreakable defense. In terms of attacking and defending at least.”

“Tch, nerd,” Lex muttered.

“I’ll take my turn,” Daram said “And for my next trick, I summon Neo Bug!”

A large grasshopper appeared next to Daram’s Fox Fire.

“You’re kidding,” Yue muttered.

“Neo Bug, attack!” Daram ordered.

Yue staggered backwards as the Neo Bug took a slash at her, reducing her life points to 2200.

“Heh, that was nothing,” she muttered.

Ryuga entered the information laboratory and looked up at the screens displaying Yue’s duel. His grandfather was still seating in the same seat, watching the screens.

“Is this significant?” Ryuga asked.

“I’ll tell you something interesting,” the chairman said.

“What’s that?” Ryuga asked.

“That girl there, Yue Atara, is blind,”

“Excuse me?” Ryuga stared from the screen to his grandfather.

“Of course, within Cyberspace she can see as well as you or me,” the chairman continued, sipping a mug of coffee “However what interests me is how she started dueling in the first place, after all, the Cyberspace Project hasn’t been around that long.”

“What are you implying?” Ryuga asked.

“Oh nothing in particular,” the chairman replied “I’m simply curious.”

“You’re going to match her up against Ai, aren’t you,” Ryuga said.

“Of course,” the chairman said “The two of them are close friends; Ai will know Yue’s deck as well as she does.”

Ryuga frowned, looking at the smug grin on his grandfather’s face.

“Are you hiding something from me?” He asked.

“Of course not,” the chairman said, still grinning “Why would you think that?”

“My draw!” Yue declared.

She looked down at her hand, frowning.

“I don’t have any monsters strong enough to kill his Neo Bug on their own,” she thought.

She scanned the rest of her hand and her smug grin returned again.

“Well, guess there’s always plan B,” she thought.

Daram raised an eyebrow as he watched Yue.

“I summon Kid Chipotto in attack mode!” Yue said, summoning her candle-flame bird “I’ll also send Frembell Baby to the graveyard, and raise Kid Chipotto’s ATK by 400!”

Yue’s monster let out a slight chirp as the flames on its headdress and tail grew bigger and its ATK rose to 2000.

“Go, Kid Chipotto,” Yue said “Attack Neo Bug!”

Yue’s monster leaned its head forwards and the candle flames atop its headdress flew forwards, consuming Neo Bug and destroying it, reducing Daram’s life points to 3800.

“Not bad,” he muttered.

“Heh, I’ve got better moves than that waiting for you,” Yue said “Turn end.”

“Then I’ll take my turn,” Daram said, drawing a card from his deck “Excellent.”

“Hm?” Yue raised an eyebrow.

“I remove Neo Bug and Aztekipede, the Worm Warrior in my graveyard from play,” Daram said “In order to summon, Doom Dozer!”

“What?”

Yue looked up as a giant crimson centipede rose up on Daram’s field, towering above all other monsters there.

“That thing’s huge!” Ai exclaimed.

“Go, Doom Dozer!” Daram ordered “Attack Kid Chipotto!”

Yue looked down as her bird was crushed under the giant Doom Dozer and her life points dropped to 1400.

“Not good,” she muttered.

“Yue, are you okay?” Ai asked.

“Never better,” Yue replied.

“Next I play Doom Dozer’s effect,” Daram said, “forcing you to send the top card of your deck to the graveyard.”

“No way,” Ai gasped.

Yue didn’t reply but took the top card from her deck; she gave it a brief glance before sending it to her graveyard.

“Finally, I’ll summon Prickle Fairy in defense mode,” Daram said.

A green lady with long blonde hair wearing a pink dress and with a several thorn vines extending from her body appeared beside Doom Dozer.

“Not good,” Yue muttered “With his Prickle Fairy on the field, I can’t attack his Doom Dozer even if I do get a strong enough monster.”

“Turn End,” Daram declared smugly.

Yue drew a card from her deck and placed it in her hand.

“Okay, this is going to be tricky,” she thought “But I can do this.

“I summon Frembell Paun in defense mode,” she declared.

A small brown monkey with bright orange hair and fur at the end of his tail and arms appeared in front of Yue, its arms crossed in front of its chest.

“Then, I’ll lay this card face down and end,” Yue said “And end my turn.”

A face down card appeared behind Yue’s Paun and she lowered her D-Wing.

“All that’s left, is to wait,” she thought

Daram took a new card from his deck and placed it in his hand.

“Doom Dozer attack!” He ordered.

Daram’s monster charged forwards, crushing Yue’s monster.

“I play my Paun’s effect,” Yue said “When Frembell Paun in destroyed in battle, I can add a monster with 200 DEF from my deck to my hand.”

“Fine by me,” Daram said.

A card popped out of Yue’s deck and she added it to her hand while her deck auto-shuffled.

“This has to work,” she thought.

“I’ll finish up by summoning my Pinch Hopper in defense mode,” Daram said as another, much smaller, grasshopper appeared on his field.

“Why’d he summon that?” Ai asked “Yue can’t attack it to activate its effect.”

“Next, I’ll equip my Pinch Hopper with Ring of Magnetism.”

“Huh?”

A glowing ring suddenly wrapped itself around Pinch Hopper, sending out a few short ripples in the air.

“So, to put it simply I now have a monster far more powerful than any you can summon in one turn, and my Prickle Fairy and Pinch Hopper are both blocking you from attacking, meaning I’ve got you completely defenseless.”

“Heh, so you’ve completely disabled my ability to attack, huh…” Yue muttered.

“Pretty much,” Daram replied smugly, “Turn end.”

“Right then,” Yue said, drawing a card “Then it’s a good thing my deck inflicts burn damage!”

“Huh?” Daram looked slightly taken aback.

“Here I go,” Yue said “I summon the monster I added to my hand with Paun’s effect, Frembell Glunica!”

A small, blue, humanoid dragon appeared in front of Yue, a smug grin on its reptilian face.

“What are you planning to do with that?” Daram asked “It’s got less ATK than my Doom Dozer.”

“Simple,” Yue said “I activate the effect of the Frembell Dragunov in my graveyard.”

“Hey, when did you send that to the grave?” Daram asked.

“You don’t remember?” Yue asked “It was your monster’s effect.”

“Huh?” Daram looked confused and then his eye widened “Ah, when I attacked with Doom Dozer.”

“That’s right,” Yue said “So now I remove Frembell Dragunov, and Frembell Glunica from play!”

An armoured, crimson dragon appeared beside Glunica and both where sucked into a vortex behind Yue.

“And this allows me to add another Frembell Dragunov to my hand,” Yue explained, showing Daram the card.

“And precisely what did that achieve?” Daram asked.

“Well, it does let me activate this card,” Yue said “Flame Exchange!”

“Huh?”

“I send 1 Fire monster in my hand to my graveyard,” Yue explained “And Special Summon a Fire monster from my deck, come, my second Baby Zoppe!”

A second small fire bird appeared on Yue’s field.

“I still don’t see the point in doing all that?” Daram said.

“Well how about I show you my face down card,” Yue said.

“Huh?”

“Reverse Card open,” Yue said “Return from the Different Dimension.”

“Huh?”

Yue’s life points dropped to 700 and a vortex opened up behind her, out of which Frembell Glunica and Frembell Dragunov emerged, landing either side of Baby Zoppe.

“Now here’s the crowning moment,” Yue said “I tune my level 3 Baby Zoppe to my level 4 Frembell Glunica and level 2 Frembell Dragunov!”

Baby Zoppe burst into 3 green rings and fell around Yue’s other two monsters, transforming them into six orbs of light.

“A soul that knows nothing but darkness shall know no victory, but when my soul burns with a brilliant flame there's nothing that can stop it, so light up the heavens with your bright white flames!” Yue recited “Synchro Summon, show yourself Kachua the Firekeeper!”

A pillar of green light crashed down onto Yue’s field and her ultimate monster emerged from within it.

“That thing has the same ATK than my Doom Dozer,” Daram muttered.

“There’s more,” Yue said “Kachua’s effect allows me to inflict damage to you each time a Fire monster is special summoned to my field,” Yue explained “And to do that I play Fire Bird Swarming!”

“Fire Bird what?”

Yue’s card flipped round and three small birds flew out of it, two Baby Zoppe and Cocco Lupia. Kachua then raised her arm and swept it through the air, sending a wave of white flame towards Daram.

“What the..!” Was all he had time to say before the flame engulfed him and dropped his life points to 1100.

“Nice little trick, don’t you think?” Yue said, grinning.

“It won’t save you,” Daram said “Because when one of the monsters special summoned by that card is destroyed, you lose life points equal to its ATK.”

“I’m well aware of that, thanks,” Yue said “I’ll lay one card face down and end.”

“That makes it my turn then,” Daram said “Go, Doom Dozer, attack Cocco Lupia!”

Yue’s grin widened. Doom Dozer charged forwards and crushed, Cocco Lupia, transforming it into several floating embers.

“Now, a lot of things are about to happen, and you’re about to lose about 600 life points,” Yue said.

“How so?” Daram asked.

“Well, Cocco Lupia has an effect that activates when it’s destroyed,” Yue explained “Inflicting 200 points of damage to you for each Winged-Beast I control.”

“That’s 400, not 600,” Daram replied “Yes, but since Cocco Lupia was destroyed, Kachua will also inflict another 100 points of damage to you.”

“That’s still only 500,” Daram said “And don’t forget the extra 100 that’s going towards your life points.”

“That’s where the last 100 comes from,” Yue said.

“Huh?”

Some of the embers left over from Cocco Lupia flew towards Yue.

“Reverse card open!” Yue said “Barrel Behind the Door!”

Yue’s card flipped up and the embers stopped in mid air, then flew back towards Daram, merging with the rest to create a small fireball. Daram’s eyes widened as the flames hit him and reduced his life points to 500.

“It’s not over yet,” he muttered “All I have to do is destroy on of your Baby Zoppe next turn and I’ve won.”

“Well then I guess I’ll have to end the duel this turn,” Yue said “My draw.”

Ai bit her lip as she watched Yue nervously.

The chairman leaned back in his chair, grinning broadly while Ryuga watched on, completely passive.

Izo’s expression hardened slightly: “Good luck, Yue,” he muttered.

The small crowd within the tournament server where quiet, watching Yue up on the stage as she looked down at her card.

“Y-Yue?” Ai asked “I-is everything okay?”

From where she was standing, Ai could just make out a grin spread across Yue’s face.

“Hell yeah,” she replied.

Daram’s eyes widened slightly as Yue looked up at him, as smug as ever.

“Here I come!” She said “I summon Cac Surria!”

Another of Yue’s fire bird monsters appeared alongside her others.

“I play Cac Surria’s effect,” Yue said “I remove 1 Fire monster in my graveyard from play and I get to summon another fire bird from my hand.”

“You’re kidding,” Daram’s eyes widened.

“I remove Frembell Paun from play,” Yue said as the monkey appeared behind her before being sucked into a vortex “In order to summon Gen Ryu!”

A small, red bird with red armour style like a dragon appeared next to Cac Surria with a slightly aggressive chirp.

“This duel’s over,” Yue said “Because Gen Ryu has 500 ATK, you have 500 life points, and since Gen Ryu was special summoned, Kachua inflicts damage to you equal to its ATK.”

Daram’s eyes grew, if possible, even wider.

“B-but that means I….I lose,” he gasped.

“Too right,” Yue said “Kachua, finish him!”

Kachua waved her arms again, sending another wave of white flame towards Daram, enveloping him in white flame and reducing his life points to zero.

“Amazing,” Ai muttered “She beat him, and she barely even attacked him.”

Daram staggered for a bit and then dropped to his knees, panting heavily as the holograms faded.

“Winner of the second match, Yue Atara, representative of server 7 now advances to the next round!” The voice declared.

Yue walked over to where Daram was still on his knees and looked down at him.

“Nice game,” she said “Guess you just got a bad match up.”

“I suppose,” Daram muttered, standing up.

He then turned to look at Yue and noticed her milky green eyes.

“Hey wait,” he said “Are you blind?”

“Well…Yeah,” Yue replied “At least I’m supposed to be.”

“Pardon?” Daram asked.

“Oh, nothing,” Yue replied “Forget about it.”

She hopped off the stage and walked over to Ai, grinning broadly.

The chairman sat up and stretched, putting down his empty mug of coffee.

“Quite an entertaining duel,” he muttered “I believe we’ll have to keep an eye on that girl.”

“She doesn’t seem that special to me,” Ryuga commented.

“I find anybody who can duel like that with such a crippling disability to be special,” the chairman said “For now though, all that matters is Ai, got that?”

“Yes sir,” Ryuga muttered, looking down at the floor.

“You looked awesome,” Ai exclaimed as the screens began choosing the duelists for the next match.

“You think,” Yue replied “It felt pretty cool, but…”

“But what?” Ai asked.

“I just felt like I was missing something,” Yue muttered.

Ai blinked, staring at her for a moment.

“Nah, forget it,” Yue replied “But I guess this means we’ll be dueling each other in the next round, eh?”

“Huh?”

Ai looked up at the screen and saw that both her and Yue’s pictures followed a path to the same points.

“Eh?!” Ai exclaimed “You’re kidding me…”

“Hehe, I won’t go easy on you this time,” Yue laughed, ruffling Ai’s hair.

Ai was about to protest when she felt a sudden chill down the back of her spine. She looked around and saw the dark haired man she’d seen before striding past her, a solemn look on his face. Ai’s eyes widened slightly as he turned his head to look sideways at her as he passed, his eyes narrowing dangerously. He passed Ai completely and stepped up onto the stage to begin the next duel.

“The next match will be between Yaru Gin and Komori Dark,” the voice declared.

Komuri stared at his opponent as he stepped up on stage, utter hatred showing in his eyes.

“Duel!”

Both players raised their duel disks and their life points set to 4000.

“I sure hope I’m up for this,” Ai muttered.

“Ah come on, lighten up,” Yue said “You’ve got through round 1 right? You’ve beaten plenty of good duelists to get here.”

“They were all flukes!” Ai replied “I only won because I….” She trailed off and fell silent, staring at the floor.

“Huh?” Yue stared at her “What’s up?”

“N-nothing,” Ai replied “It’s just…I…”

A sudden bright flash illuminated the stadium, blinding Ai briefly. She covered her face with her arms and opened her eyes a crack as the light began to fade, seeing Komori standing with his duel disk still raised, but his opponent on the ground, his life points having hit zero. Most of the rest of the occupants where staring at Komori in shock. Ai lowered her arms and stared at him as well, trembling slightly.

“Amazing,” the voice declared “Komori Dark has won his duel in a single turn and advances to the next round.”

“A-amazing,” Ai gasped “He won in just one turn.”

“Not bad,” Yue muttered.

“Is it done?” Kimiro asked, holding a black cell phone to his ear.

A grin spread across his face as the answer came through.

“Good,” he said “Make sure you’ve covered everything, double check the programming, we don’t want something going wrong at the last moment.”

He closed the cell phone with a grin, staring up at the sky above him.

“Ah, precious void,” he sighed “Completely untouchable.”

He stretched his arm out upwards, as though trying to grasp the air.

“You will be the only thing able to escape me,” he chuckled “Soon the world will belong to me!”

He lowered his arm and used it to stroke a black D-Wheel parked against the wall next to him.

“Soon,” he muttered.

“Something’s afoot,” Wings muttered, standing in a black void.

“I agree,” a female voice answered him, but this one was different from the spirit that normally hung around with him, it sounded older and wiser “We must tread carefully from now on.”

“Keep a watchful eye out,” A strong male voice cut in “There are many crossroads ahead, it is important that we choose the right one.”

“I know,” Wings replied “And we have to steer Ai in the same direction, before they can get to her.”

“Agreed,” a slightly darker sounding male voice answered.

Wings looked down at his hand and then clenched it into a fist.

“Ai,” he thought “Be careful. That Komori Dark is nothing but trouble.”

Ai gave a start all of a sudden, looking around.

“What’s up?” Yue asked.

“I thought I heard…” Ai began, but trailed off “Never mind. It’s nothing.”

13z3mop.jpg

Name: Doom Dozer (Devil Dozer)

Attribute: Earth

Level: 8

Type: Insect

Lore: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by removing from play 2 Insect-Type monsters from your Graveyard. When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, send 1 card from the top of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard.

ATK: 2800

DEF: 2600

Tips: This card can be comboed with Demise, King of Armageddon, Advanced Ritual Art, and two normal Insect-type monsters, such as Insect Knight for massive damage. It can become an OTK if you equip Doom Dozer with Megamorph, assuming you have lower life points than your opponent.

Magical Merchant helps speed Doom Dozer by fueling the grave.

Trivia: "Doom Dozer" appears in the artwork of "Buster Trap".

"Doom Dozer" has a Level 4 counterpart, "Aztekipede, the Worm Warrior".

[spoiler=cards used in episode 13]

[/img]http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/6830/236jy8.jpg[/img]

FoxFireDR3-EN-C.jpg

TheDarkDoorLON-EN-C.jpg

aboy8p.jpg

236pp8.jpg

PhoenixWingWindBlastCP06-EN-SR-UE.jpg

NeoBugIOC-EN-C.jpg

236at7.jpg

FrembellBabyDT03-JP-DNPR-DT.jpg

You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard to have 1 target FIRE monster you control gain 400 ATK.

DoomDozerGLD1-EN-C-LE.png

PrickleFairyDR2-EN-C.jpg

FrembellPaunDT02-JP-DNPR-DT.jpg

If this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, you can select 1 monster with 200 DEF from your Deck and add it to your hand.

PinchHopperIOC-EN-C.jpg

RingofMagnetismMRD-EN-C.jpg

FrembellGlunicaDT03-JP-DRPR-DT.jpg

When this card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, inflict damage to your opponent equal to its Level x 200.

ReturnfromtheDifferentDimensionSDDE-EN-C-1E.png

236iz7.jpg

236ur2.jpg

BarrelBehindtheDoorPGD-EN-SR.jpg

Name: Gen Ryu

level: 1

Lore: When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard by battle, you can Special Summon 1 FIRE monster from your hand.

ATK: 500

Ps: You can now vote for your favourite character XD....

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Pwnzorz. It's rather humorous when the main character pulls off an amazing combo, and then you find out it's nothing you haven't seen before, but just rearranged in a new way. Wondering what FTK Komori Dark runs, and keeping in mind the similarity between Komori and Komouri (which may be a red herring nonetheless).

• 2 weeks later...

Next episode...Call it a Halloween special if you must, but I assure you it's coincidence XD...

[spoiler=episode 14]Episode 14: Cyberspace Trophy part 4. Horrifying Halloween Deck

“I still can’t believe I won my match,” Ai sighed, sitting down on the virtual floor and gazing up into the eternal darkness above her.

“Your confidence block is really getting on my nerves,” Yue said, watching the current duel as a Spear Dragon was summoned.

“Please stop saying that,” Ai moaned in reply “I get enough from everybody else.”

“Must be true then,” Yue replied, kneeling behind Ai and leaning on her head.

“Hey!”

Yue merely chuckled and didn’t get off. The current duel concluded, a guy named Sean Gutter taking the victory.

“He’s gonna lose next match,” Yue commented.

“Huh?” Ai looked up at her “Why?”

“You remember his opponent?” Yue asked “He won on his first turn.”

Ai bit her lip, looking over at the sullen, dark haired man standing at the other end of the room, watching the end of the duel.

“I’m getting a bad feeling from him,” she muttered.

“Everything is going as planned,” the chairman said, walking down a clean, white corridor with Ryuga following behind.

“How so?” Ryuga asked.

“My dear boy, Komori is an agent planted by us to duel Ai in the Cyberspace Trophy,’ the chairman replied as though this was obvious “He’ll deliberately lose to Ai and therefore boost her confidence, she saw that FTK he performed, doubtless she’ll be worried by the time she faces him and when she wins…”

“Okay I get it,” Ryuga replied “But what if she loses?”

“My dear boy, I’ve already prepared for that,” the chairman replied with a soft chuckle.

A door opened and a man with messy dark hair, a very hairy chin, a light blue shirt with dark blue trousers, a red necktie and a long, tattered brown coat walked through.

“Ah, there you are Lukon,” the chairman said “The tournament has already started you know.”

“I was a little held up,” Lukon replied, his hands in his pockets “I was just on my way there now.”

“Very good,” the chairman said “It’s your match up next.”

“As you wish,’ Lukon replied, grinning broadly.

He gave a very slight bow and walked past the two of them and down the corridor.

“Lukon is another agent, placed in the tournament to ensure Ai’s development,” the chairman said “It’s always better to be safe than sorry.”

Ryuga looked up at his grandfather, however his didn’t return the glance and continued walking, Ryuga however remained where he was, still staring at his grandfather, his eyes narrowed slightly.

Ai looked to the side as Lukon materialized nearby.

“Huh? I thought all the entrants where here?” She muttered.

“Apparently not,” Yue muttered.

Both she and Ai looked up at the holo-screens above the arena and saw that Lukon’s duel was up next.

“Heh, nice timing,” Yue muttered.

“I guess,” Ai replied as she watched Lukon get up on stage opposite a woman with long, neat blond hair that fell to her ankles in ringlets. Her nose was pierced and has a ring through the right nostril and her amber eyes where narrowed.

“I hear she’s French,” Yue said “Elisa Gleran.”

“That doesn’t sound French to me,” Ai replied.

“Hey, I said I heard, okay?” Yue replied.

“You look like a tramp,” Elisa teased “How did you afford this program anyway?”

“I shouldn’t judge by appearance if I where you,” Lukon chuckled.

“Hehe, we’ll see,” Elisa said, raising her D-Wing and activating it, Lukon followed suite.

“Duel!”

“This is gonna be good,” Yue muttered.

“Allow me to lead,” Lukon said, drawing a card with a grubby hand “I summon my Jack-o-lantern in defense mode!”

A small pumpkin with a face carved out of it and a glow coming from inside rose up on Lukon’s field, cackling softly. Ai gave a start, causing Yue to slip off her.

“Hey, what gives!” Yue said “It’s just a pumpkin.”

“S-sorry,” Ai said “I just don’t like scary things.”

“You’re hopeless,” Yue muttered.

“Turn end,” Lukon said.

“That’s it?” Elisa laughed “Pathetic, my draw!”

Elisa took a card from her deck and placed it in her hand before picking out another card.

“I summon Twin Breaker!” She declared.

Lukon looked up as a ninja warrior with two three bladed claw weapons appeared in front of Elisa.

“Don’t think you’re getting out of being damage just because your monster is in defense mode,” Elisa said “Because when Twin Breaker attacks a defense position monster, the difference in their points hits your life points.”

“Heh, a bit generic, don’t you think?” Lukon asked.

“Oh can it you,” Elisa snapped “Twin Breaker, attack Jack-o-Lantern!”

Elisa’s monster charged forwards, his claws glowing as he did so. He swung them down and struck the pumpkin, shattering it and reducing Lukon’s life points to 3400.

“You’ve activated my Jack-o-lantern’s special effect,” he said “Allowing me to summon Dark Resonator!”

A small demon like creature wielding a small stave and what looked like a tuning fork emerged on Lukon’s field.

“You see,” Lukon explained “When my Jack-o-lantern is destroyed, I can special summon a Tuner monster with less than 1500 ATK.”

“Ha! And you’re calling me cheap,” Elisa laughed “Don’t you know that Twin Breaker can attack twice in the same turn? Hit him again, Twin Breaker!”

Twin Breaker’s attack hit the Dark Resonator and Lukon’s life points dropped to 3100; however the Dark Resonator remained where it was.”

“Hey, what gives?” Elisa asked “Your monster should have been destroyed!”

“It seems you’re unaware of my monster’s ability,” Lukon said “Dark Resonator can avoid destruction once per turn.”

“You’re really starting to get on my nerves,” Elisa said.

She looked at the rest of her hand and grinned, picking out Bottomless Trap Hole and Sakuretsu Armour.

“I’ll set two cards face down. Turn End,” she declared confidently.

“Why, thank you,” Lukon said, taking a card from his deck.

He looked at the card he’d drawn and grinned, placing it in his hand and playing another card.

“I play the spell card Hand Destruction,” he said, showing Elisa the card “With this card, we both ditch two cards to our graveyards and draw two new cards.”

“I know how it works,” Elisa snapped, sending two cards to her grave.

Lukon silently sent Bone Striker and Zombie Master to his graveyard.

“Next I summon Stingy Jack!” Lukon said.

A pale zombie dressed in farmer’s attire and carrying a carved out turnip with a small candle glowing inside rose up on Lukon’s field.

“Heh, does he take me for a fool?” Elisa thought “He’s clearly planning a Synchro summon, and when he does…” She looked down at her Bottomless Trap Hole card and Sakuretsu cards both set on her field. “Even if he does manage to avoid having his monster removed from play, my Sakuretsu Armour will destroy it when he attacks and I’ll have a clear shot at his life points.”

“Now is the time,” Lukon said “I tune my level 3 Dark Resonator to my level 4 Stingy Jack!”

“Here it comes,” Elisa thought.

Lukon’s Dark Resonator glowed and transformed into three green rings which fell over Stingy Jack.

“A shadow cast by watching demons,” Lukon recited “And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor shall be lifted nevermore! Synchro Summon, Glare upon my enemies, Poe Raven!”

A green pillar of light consumed Lukon’s Stingy Jack and soon a pair of black wings burst out of it, sending feathers floating to the floor.

“This looks impressive,” Yue muttered.

The light faded and a terrifying black bird emerged out of it, raising its head and letting out a tremendous caw before landing on Lukon’s field.

“Just as I thought,” Elisa said “But I’m afraid your bird is about to bite it, reverse card open! Bottomless Trap Hole!”

A grin spread across Lukon’s face: “So naïve.”

“Since you’ve special summoned a monster with over 1500 ATK, I’m afraid he goes out of play,” Elisa said.

“I’m afraid you’re mistaken,” Lukon said.

“What? What are you talking about?” Elisa asked.

A red and purple whirlpool opened up beneath the Poe Raven, attempting to suck it in.

“I play my Poe Raven’s special effect,” Lukon said “I remove Hand Destruction in my graveyard from play and negate your Bottomless Trap Hole!”

“What!?”

The image of the Hand Destruction card appeared behind Lukon and vanished and his Poe Raven flapped its wings, sending feathers scattering, creating a black whirlwind which destroyed Elisa’s card and the whirlpool trying to suck up the raven. The wind died and the feathers vanished, revealing Lukon with a smug grin on his face.

“You’ll have to do better than that,” he said.

“Amazing,” Ai muttered.

“For my next trick I play my Pot of Avarice,” Lukon said, showing Elisa the card “Meaning I return the five monsters in my graveyard to my deck shuffle and draw twice.”

“Get on with it,” Elisa snapped.

Lukon grinned and took the five monsters in his graveyard and placed them back in his deck, his deck then auto shuffled and he picked up two cards.

“Now I play the effect of my Bone Striker,” he said.

“Huh?”

The translucent image of a slightly rotted corpse appeared next to Lukon.

“When Bone Striker is removed from the graveyard by any means, he can automatically destroy 1 monster on the field,” Lukon said, pointing towards Twin Breaker “So your monster is now destroyed!”

The corpse lunged forwards and struck out at the Twin Breaker, destroying it.

“No way!” Elisa cried.

“And now you’re wide open,” Lukon said “Poe Raven, attack directly with Fiend Glare!”

The eyes of Lukon’s monster glowed briefly and it flew up into the air, glaring down at Elisa.

“Me? Wide open? You’ve gotta be kidding me!” Elisa retorted “You’ve forgotten about my other trap, Sakuretsu Armour!”

Elisa’s card flipped up and a powerful wind picked up.

“There,” Elisa said “Now you’re monster is destroyed.”

“You just don’t get it,” Lukon sighed.

“What do you mean?” Elisa asked.

“In the poem, ‘the raven’, no matter how much the narrator tries, he cannot get rid of the raven,” Lukon said “And the same applies here, no matter how many times you try to destroy my raven, I’ll merely counter you.”

“You’re bluffing,” Elisa yelled.

“Am I?” Lukon asked “We’ll see. Because when no monsters exist in my graveyard, Poe Raven cannot be destroyed by spell or trap card effects!”

Elisa’s eyes widened as her Sakuretsu Armour card shattered.

“N-no way,” she gasped.

“Now, finish the job,” Lukon ordered.

The Poe Raven flapped its wings, sending a stream of black feathers towards Elisa that blew past and around her, reducing her life points to 1700. The raven landed back on Lukon’s field, still glaring at Elisa.

“I’ll set this card face down,” Lukon said “Turn End.”

Ai looked up at Lukon, her eyes wide with amazement.

“Amazing,” she muttered “He’s just amazing.”

The chairman grinned as he watched Lukon’s progress on a screen floating just above the table where the rest of the Cyberspace project leaders where also sat.

“Things seem to be going well,” Josh noted, not really paying attention.

“Heh, as if Lukon would allow himself to be defeated so easily,” Kimiro chuckled “He is very passionate about his dueling, in fact I don’t know of a single person that has managed to destroy his Poe Raven, it is a very reliable card.”

“It has its weaknesses,” Josh noted “It has pretty low ATK for its level and can still be destroyed in battle.”

Kimiro didn’t reply, but merely grinned as he watched the screen with a slightly sadistic expression. Josh watched him, his eyes narrowed with suspicion.

“You think your pet bird is going to stop me?” Elisa said, glaring at Lukon “Think again! My draw!”

Lukon watched calmly as Elisa took a card from her deck.

“Ha, time to destroy that budgie of yours,” she laughed “I summon my Dual Striker in attack mode!”

A samurai wielding two twin katana rose up on Elisa’s field and his ATK immediately dropped to 1000.

“When Duel Striker is summoned I can halve his ATK,” Elisa explained “Allowing him to attack twice this turn.”

“That’s not going to help much,” Lukon said “My Raven has 2300 ATK, he only has 1000.”

“That’s where everything changes,” Elisa said “Because I play the spell card, Focus Energy Attack. I select one monster I control that can attack more than once this turn and he gains 1000 ATK for each time he can attack, but can only attack once this turn.”

“That means he’ll have 3000 ATK,” Ai commented, counting on her fingers.

Elisa grinned as her Samurai’s ATK rose to 3000.

“Go, Duel Striker!” Elisa ordered “Attack Poe Raven with Twin Saber Slash!”

Elisa’s monster charged forwards, holding his weapons out to the side as he drew up to the raven.

“You’ve set off my trap, Zero Guard!” Lukon said “For this turn, Poe Raven’s ATK becomes zero and it cannot be destroyed in battle.”

“Huh?”

Dual Striker’s ATK hit the Poe Raven head on, causing Lukon’s life points to drop to 100; however his raven remained on the field.

“You’ve gotta be kidding me,” Elisa muttered.

“Just give up,” Lukon said “You’re never going to be able to destroy my raven.”

“We’ll just see about that,” Elisa said “I’ll set two cards face down and end my turn.”

Two face down cards appeared behind Duel Striker as his ATK dropped back to 1000.

“Heh, I’ve certified my protection anyway,” she thought “My two face down cards are Trap Hole and Mirror Force. He’ll summon a monster and I’ll use my Trap Hole to destroy it, meaning that since he’ll have a monster in his grave my Mirror Force will wipe out his Poe Raven when he attacks.”

“I guess it’s my turn,” Lukon said, taking a card from his deck.

He looked at the card he’d drawn and raised an eyebrow, as though surprised by his draw.

“I wonder what he drew,” Ai muttered.

“I’ll start by playing a face down,” Lukon said, a face down card appearing behind his Raven.

“Eh? He’s setting at the start of his turn?” Ai said, perplexed.

“Next I summon my Fiend Witch in attack mode!” Lukon finished, placing another card on his field.

A small, old woman with long black robes and green skin rose up next to Lukon’s Poe Raven, cackling.

“Just what I was waiting for!” Elisa laughed “Reverse card open, Trap Hole!”

Lukon didn’t react when a large hole opened beneath his witch and she fell down, screaming as she went.

“Ha, thought you’d get away with summoning another monster eh?” Elisa laughed “Well now I’ve just broken your raven’s immortality, meaning he’ll be destroyed when I play a spell or trap.”

“Hardly,” Lukon replied.

“Eh?”

“You see, my witch has an effect,” Lukon explained “When she’s destroyed during the turn she’s summoned, all face down spell and traps are destroyed.”

“Huh?”

Elisa looked down in horror as her Mirror Force shattered along with Lukon’s face down.

“But why?” Elisa asked “You had a face down card as well.”

“Because now, Fiend Witch’s second effect activates,” Lukon explained.

“S-second effect?”

A dark aura suddenly surrounded Elisa’s Duel Striker, causing it to groan in pain.

“Wh-what?!” Elisa cried, staring at her monster “What have you done?”

“For each card destroyed by Fiend Witch’s effect, your duel striker loses 200 ATK; since two cards where destroyed he loses 400 ATK, giving him 600 ATK.”

“Wait,’ Elisa said “He only has 600 ATK, and your raven has 2300 ATK, and since my life points are only 1700…”

Elisa’s eyes widened as the facts sunk into her and her jaw dropped slowly.

“I…I…I lose…”

“Correct,” Lukon said “Poe Raven, end this duel now!”

Lukon’s raven took of again, flying high above Elisa and glaring down upon her. Ai’s eyes widened as she watched the raven ascend, a mixture of fear and awe showing on her face.

“This can’t be happening,” Elisa stammered.

“Finish her!” Lukon commanded.

The Poe Raven flapped its black wings, sending another stream of feathers towards the Duel Striker. The samurai completely vanished beneath the attack, groaning in pain as the sounds of the creature shattering filled the arena above the flurry of feathers. Elisa staggered backwards, panting heavily as her life points dropped to zero and she dropped to her knees.

“N-no way,” she gasped.

Lukon gave a slightly grin as the holograms faded and he walked off the platform, satisfied with the result.

“Too easy,” he chuckled.

“Representative of Server 1, Lukon Jaku, advances to the next round!” The voice echoed across the room.

Ai merely stared at Lukon as he hopped off the stage and pulled out his D-Cell, vanishing in a display of lines and numbers.

“Wow, not bad,” Yue muttered “He could hang around for a bit though…”

“I am never going to be able to win this tournament,” Ai moaned.

“Man, you can get really depressing,” Yue sighed.

The holo-screen displaying Lukon’s duel vanished and the board members watching it all leaned back, looking towards the chairman expectantly.

“Well,” he said confidently “All that’s left now is to plan the next round.”

“You’re being far too relaxed about this,” Josh said “For all we know something may go wrong when we least expect it.”

“Now whatever gave you that idea?” Kimiro’s voice answered, sounding as cold as ever.

Josh’s eyes shifted to glare at the man who was currently smiling at Josh, his face a look of relaxed evil.

“Over my time, I’ve learnt never to assume plans will come full circle,” he said calmly.

“Oh, have no fear,” Kimiro said “This plan will be perfect, I guarantee it.”

Josh looked away, not wishing to look at Kimiro any longer.

“Could it be that you don’t trust me?” Kimiro asked “Come now, Joshinyu, we’re co-workers, we should be able to trust each other.”

“Leave it be,” the chairman said, standing up “For now, all we have left to do is wait for the second round to start.”

The rest seated about the table all nodded and stood up, Josh immediately shoving both hands into his pockets.

“Well, till next time then,” he said calmly, turning to leave.

“Well I guess there’s not much to watch now,” Izo shrugged, turning away.

“Eh?” Lex looked at him “Don’t you want to watch the next match?”

“No point,” Izo replied “Besides, I need a drink.”

With that Izo pulled out his D-Cell and selected the logout function, vanishing on the spot.

“Heh, suit yourself,” Lex chuckled.

Izo opened his eyes and took out his earphones, setting them down next to his computer. He turned to gaze out of the window, watching the slowly darkening sky.

“I wonder what Ai’s doing right now,” he muttered, standing up and walking over to the window.

Ai lay on her bed, staring up at the ceiling with her deck on her pillow next to her. She sat up, gazing out of her own window before standing and walking up to it, gazing out in the same way Izo was and heaving a sigh.

Izo turned away and looked at his deck which was placed on his desk beside his computer.

“She’s still not telling me everything,” he muttered.

Kimiro’s D-Wheel pulled up outside an old warehouse near the docks and he stepped off it, taking off his helmet and hanging it from one of the handle bars. With his usual sly grin he walked up to the door into the warehouse and entered. Outside it looked old and rundown, inside however it was a mass of computers and wires littering the floor with several workers wearing green video goggles working at them. At one end of the room Komori stood, leaning against the wall with both arms folded. Kimiro walked up to him, the same evil smile playing about his face.

“How are things going?” He asked “I trust our little scheme isn’t discovered.”

“Not yet,” Komori replied in a slightly gruff voice “So long as I don’t draw out my duels for too long, we’ll remain undetected.”

“At least until the time to employ the plan is right,’ Kimiro replied “Remember, if we release it too early it’ll be disasterous.”

Komori didn’t reply and continued glaring at the opposite wall.

Kimiro merely put on his usual grin and turned to watch the people at the computers, each one seeming almost robotic in their movements.

“I think you should get going,” Komori said “If your absence is noticed your cover will be blown.”

Kimiro’s smile faltered slightly and he turned to face Komori.

“I do not remember taking orders from your, Komori,” he said coldly.

“I’m right though,” Komori replied, looking Kimiro straight in the eye.

The two of them held their gaze for a few minutes before Kimiro turned about, walking towards the exit.

“I trust you prepare yourself for the match tomorrow,” he said “And remember your position, Komori Dark.”

With that he left, leaving Komori practically alone with only the robotic programmers for company.

“Tch, naïve fool,” Komori muttered, walking to the exit with his scarf flowing out behind him.

Once outside he paused, gazing upwards as the clouds shifted, revealing the moon and illuminating his unshaven face that. His eyes looked more alive now than they’d ever done during the day. He looked down again and walked over to a Navy coloured D-Wheel parked outside the warehouse, almost hidden in the gloom. A paw design covered the sides of the back wheel and a wolf’s head decorated the front wheel guard. A slight grin seemed to play across Komori’s face as he looked down at it.

“I’d better be off too,” he muttered, mounting the D-Wheel and speeding off into the night, crouched down over the handles in an almost predator-like fashion. “I will never fail again,” he thought.

“The weak shall become food for the strong, only the strongest fighter will survive to claim his throne. Synchro Summon, Rise up, Crystal World Dragon!”

Ryuga’s Crystal World dragon appeared in front of him, glaring down at the dueling droid opposite. Ryuga currently only had his Crystal World Dragon on the field whereas the duel droid had five monsters, Chainsaw Insect, two Goblin Attack Forces and two Giant Orcs. Ryuga had 500 life points and the droid had 3100.

“Next I’ll play the spell card, Crystal Shards,” Ryuga said “By removing my Crystal World Egg from play, I can special summon four Crystal World Shard Tokens.”

Ryuga’s monster slid out of his graveyard slot and he picked it up, stowing the card in his breast pocket, no sooner had he done this than four crystal shards appeared on his field.

“Since these tokens counts as Crystal World monster, Crystal World Dragon can now attack three times,” Ryuga explained “Go, Crystal World Dragon, destroy all his monster!”

The droid didn’t look the least bit phased as the dragon shot a massive wave of white flames and crystal shards onto his field, destroying all the monsters lined up and reducing the droid’s life points to 500.

“Life Points = 500,” the droid noted “Victory nullified, test failed.”

Ryuga’s grandfather, watching from a window of a room situated high above the duel arena gave a grumpy sigh.

“Just as I thought,” he muttered “He can’t beat the droid in five turns on level 4.”

“I’m not done,” Ryuga said as his grandfather turned to walk away.

The chairman stopped, gazing down.

“Chainsaw Insect’s effect allows me to draw a card since it battled,” Ryuga explained.

“So it does,” the chairman muttered.

Ryuga looked up at his grandfather, placing his hand on his deck.

“Draw!” He declared.

The chairman continued to watch, his eyes narrowing slightly.

“The card I’ve drawn is Crystal Burning,” Ryuga said, holding up the card “I destroy all monsters on my field, then for each Crystal World Monster destroyed, you lose 100 life points, since I have 5 that’s 500, so I win!”

The chairman’s eyes widened slightly as each of Ryuga’s monsters exploded, sending a shower of crystals towards the droid. The holograms shot straight through it and its life points dropped to 0.

“Life points depleted,” it buzzed before shutting off.

“There,” Ryuga said, turning to look up at his grandfather “I won; I beat the droid at skill level 4.”

“Not good enough,” the chairman said.

“What?!” Ryuga cried.

“It’s true, you did win,” the chairman said “But your victory was decided by luck, not by strategy, and you cannot risk everything on luck, therefore you fail this test.”

“Wait, please!” Ryuga cried.

But his grandfather ignored him, turning about and walking out of sight of his grandson. Ryuga stood where he was, his arm slightly raised and the other hanging limp by his side.

“W-why?” He muttered, sinking to his knees, his deck sliding out of his duel disk and scattering across the floor “Why do you treat me like this!”

A few tears fell from his face and onto the floor, just next to the Crystal World Dragon card lying just next to his knee.

141oyz7.jpg

Name: Poe Raven

Level: 7

Type: Winged-Beast / Synchro

Lore: 1 Tuner + 1 or more Non-Tuner Monsters

If no monsters exist in your Graveyard, this card cannot be destroyed by the effects of Spell or Trap Cards. Remove 1 Spell Card in your Graveyard from play to negate the activation of a Spell Card, Trap Card or Effect Monster's Effect that would remove this card from play and destroy it.

ATK: 2300

DEF: 2400

Trivia: This card is based of the poem 'The Raven' by Edgar Allen Poe.

Tips: Using this card in an RFG deck will ensure the full use of its effect.

[spoiler=cards used in episode 14]

Name: Jack-o-lantern

Type: Zombie

Lore: When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 Tuner Monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck in face-up Attack Position.

ATK: 1400

TwinBreaker-JP-Anime-5D.png

During battle between this attacking card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, this card card can attack once more in a row.

400px-DarkResonatorTDGS-EN-C-1E.jpg

HandDestructionDP07-EN-R-1E.png

Name: Stingy Jack

Level: 4

Lore: As long as another DARK monster exists on your field, this card cannot be destroyed by battle (Damage Calculation is applied normally)

ATK: 1500

DEF: 1200

236wz2.jpg

BottomlessTrapHoleSDDE-EN-C-1E.png

Name: Bone Striker

Lore: When this card is removed from the Graveyard, destroy 1 monster on the field. If you cannot, you lose 1000 life points.

ATK: 700

SakuretsuArmor5DS1-EN-C-1E.png

Name: Duel Striker

Attribute: EARTH

Type: Warrior

Lore: When this card is Summoned, you can halve this card's ATK. If you use this effect, this card can attack twice during each Battle Phase.

ATK: 2000

DEF: 0

Name: Focus Energy Attack

Lore: You can only activate this card when you control 1 monster. Select 1 monster you control that can attack multiple times this turn. Until the End Phase, the selected monster gains 1000 ATK for each time it can attack this turn. A monster selected by this card can only attack once this turn.

ZeroGuard-JP-Anime-5D.png

Activate only when your opponent declares an attack. Target monster's ATK becomes 0 and it cannot be destroyed by battle this turn.

Name: Fiend Witch

Lore: If this card is destroyed during the turn it was Summoned, destroy all face down Spell and Trap Cards and decrease the ATK of 1 monster on the field by 200 for each card destroyed by this effect.

ATK: 1700

TrapHole5DS1-EN-C-1E.png

Archived