Yu-Gi-Oh! Cyberspace [Episode 22/52]

TotalObelisk

Which is your favourite main character of Cyberspace?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite main character of Cyberspace?

Sorry for the long wait, Xmas, holidays and College exams combined can be a real....Yes, well, you get the idea...

[spoiler=episode 22]Episode 22: Infection

“Huh? Hey, what the hell happened?” Lex said, leaning forwards and staring at the now blank screen.

“It was playing up before,” Izo muttered “Maybe there’s something wrong with the server.”

“Like what?” Lex asked.

“I dunno,” Izo shrugged.

Ryuga hadn’t taken his eyes off the screen for a good few minutes, his eyes appearing wide with shock.

“Hm? Hey Ryuga, what’s wrong?” Lex asked.

“N-nothing,” Ryuga replied, apparently snapping out of a trance “I’m fine.”

Izo and Lex both raised a single eyebrow each.

“In any case,” Ryuga said, recovering his tone of voice “It looks like the screens are down.”

“I’ll see if I can ask my dad what’s wrong,” Izo muttered, taking out his D-Cell and selecting logout.

Nothing happened.

“Huh?” He tried it again.

Still nothing.

“You gotta be kidding me,” Lex muttered, pulling out his own D-Cell and activating the same command with equal results.

“What on earth is going wrong?” Izo muttered.

He looked up and saw several people in the crowd with their D-Cells out, muttering to each other in confusion.

“This doesn’t look good,” Izo muttered.

Back in the board room the chairman and the rest of the occupants where staring in horror at the blank screen hovering just above the dark table.

“T-this is impossible,” the chairman stammered.

“Apparently it’s not because it just happened,” Josh muttered irritably “I suggest you stop staring in awe and do something!”

The chairman shot one glance at Josh and then look away.

“Robski,” he barked.

Nothing happened.

“Robski!” He said after clearing his throat “What the heck is going on.”

“I believe I can provide the answers to that,”

They all looked up and saw a holo-screen had opened up just above the table with Kimiro’s grinning face depicted upon in.

Within server five another wave of muttered had started.

“Hey, Izo, look!” Lex said, pointing to the screens which now displayed Kimiro.

“That’s one of the head staff of the cyberspace project,” Izo muttered.

“Maybe he’s gonna tell us what’s wrong,” Lex muttered.

“Somehow I doubt it,” Ryuga muttered.

“I’d advise you not to panic,” Kimiro said “As panic will create noise and thus prevent me from being heard and that will irritate me, and believe me you don’t want to irritate me.”

His sly grin seemed to widen.

“As I’m sure you’ve noticed by now, a virus had found its way into the cyberspace project, not just the program, but throughout the entire facility at which the project is controlled and soon it will spread to every computer connected to the cyberspace program and all other computers connected to that.”

He paused for effect.

“As you have probably discovered, those of you still in cyberspace, that you have lost the ability to logout,” he continued “That would be because my beautiful virus has completely taken control of this virtual realm…I suppose you could say that you’re my hostages for the time.”

A sudden uproar started in the crowd. Kimiro’s smile faltered.

“Didn’t I tell you not to irritate me?” He growled softly.

All of a sudden a stream of black mist shot out from the ground and took form, becoming a vague, black human shape with bits of mist rising from it. The people nearby the creature immediately backed away.

“I guess I should teach you not to irritate me,” Kimiro said.

The virus creature took a step forwards, then stopped. Kimiro raised an eyebrow as he saw the creature raising its arm before the mist reformed into a duel disk shape. Kimiro looked slightly surprised and then laughed.

“How intriguing,” he chuckled “It seems the virus has absorbed the data for the cyberspace project and is now convinced it needs to duel its victims.”

The nearest person to the virus looked about and hesitantly raised his D-Wing.

“Well, this ought to make things far more interesting,” Kimiro laughed “Let’s have you all duel the virus and feel my wrath through that!”

As soon as he said this more virus creatures appeared, each raising their arm. Three materialized around Izo, Lex and Ryuga.

“This doesn’t look good,” Lex muttered.

As all this was going on Izo had been typing away at his D-Cell, not looking up for a second.

“Sorry guys, but I’m going to have to ask you to hold these things off,” he said.

“Pardon?” Lex said.

“I’ve hacked into the program core and managed to weaken the virus enough to let me logout,” Izo explained “But it’ll only take one person.”

“What makes you so special?” Lex said.

“Because I’m smart,” Izo said.

He pressed logout and vanished in a flash of numbers and white lines.

“Pft, coward,” Ryuga said, raising his D-Wing.

“You won’t say that when he saves your ass,” Lex replied, a grin spreading across his face as he raised his D-Wing as well “Let’s show these things we’re no pushovers.”

Ryuga nodded.

As they said this about seven more virus creatures appeared about them, all raising their arms and creating duel disks from them.

“They just won’t give us a break,” Lex muttered.

“Actually,” Ryuga muttered “I reckon it’ll be easier this way.”

Izo opened his eyes and looked about, picking up his cell phone and dialing his dad’s number.

Back in the board room Koru heard his phone ringing and picked it up.

“Izo? This is not the time,” he said.

“Dad what’s going on?” Izo asked, his tone growing serious.

“Izo I said…”

“I want to help!” Izo said “what’s going on over there?”

Koru sighed: “You heard the big grin right? He pretty much said it all.”

“Koru, this is not the time,” The chairman hissed.

“It’s my son,” Koru replied “He may be our only chance.”

“What are you talking about?” The chairman asked, striding over to the door “All I need to do is…”

The door that should have slid open the moment the chairman stepped up to it remained firmly closed.

“What on earth?”

“Oh, did I mention I now control the entire facility?” Kimiro laughed.

Koru paused: “I’ll put you on speaker,”

He pressed a button on the phone and set it down.

“That’s right,” Kimiro laughed “You’re now my hostages too.”

“You…What are you planning to do?” The Chairman demanded.

“It’s a very simple request,” Kimiro said “I merely want the whole of the world to surrender to me.”

A pause.

“What?!”

“Something wrong?”

“You think you can control the world with one virus?” The chairman barked.

“Of course,” Kimiro said “The internet is a big place, so big it’s practically a world of its own, and by ruling that world as I do now I think I can handle one or two more.”

“You can’t win,” the chairman said “Somewhere they’ll develop a way to stop your virus and delete it.”

“Impossible,” Kimiro said “Even if you defeat the smaller parts the only way to truly destroy it is at the core, and right now the core, and that’s currently safe in the tournament server of the Cyberspace project, and the only person who has access to the tournament server…” His grin widened more “…Is Ai Sakeru.”

Izo’s eyes narrowed slightly.

“You won’t win,” he heard a voice come through his phone.

“I don’t understand why you’re being so defiant,” Kimiro said softly “I’m trying to unite the world, under my rule it will become a better place, a perfect place, a world that shines in the light.”

At this point, Izo’s eyes narrowed angrily.

“A world that lives in fear is no perfect world,” he said softly.

He immediately turned to his computer and began typing, fitting a set of headphones and a microphone over his head.

“This has just got to work,” he muttered.

“This isn’t good,”

“You think I should poke her?”

“How will that wake her up?”

“Maybe I should tickle her; I bet she’s ticklish,”

“Oh knock it off,”

Ai muttered something inaudible and opened her eyes a crack, seeing nothing but black above her.

“Ah, I think she’s waking up!”

Ai sat up and looked forward, noticing two blurry shapes in front of her, one white and the other black.

“Where…Am I?”

She blinked and the images slowly came into focus, the first being a girl with short but messy pink hair, a white beret with pink patterns, a white shirt and skirt with the same pattern and a cloak done up with a red bow, the other was a girl in a much tighter fitting black outfit with a white zigzag patterns with a pair of elbow gloves and her silvery blue hair done up in two very long pigtails which took a shape similar to a crescent moon. Ai took a few minutes staring at these two figures before she finally realized what was going on and she immediately let out a cry of surprise.

“Moorning!” Sola sang in a cheerful voice “Nice of you to drop in.”

“Wait, what? But how…And…”

“I think you scared her,” Luna said calmly.

“I did not!” Sola said “It was you.”

“You’re the one that wants to tickle her,” Luna replied, sounding rather bored.

“Hey, maybe that’s not such a bad idea!”

Within a second Sola had run forwards and tackled Ai, running her fingers over her and singing delightedly.

“Ha, h-hey st-stop that,” Ai said between laughs.

“Hey, she is ticklish!” Sola said, sounding delighted.

“Knock it off,” Luna said, tapping Sola on the head with her staff.

“You’re no fun,” Sola moaned, standing up and allowing Ai to do the same.

Ai took a few minutes to catch her breath before she looked over at the two, now utterly confused.

“Err…What’s going on?” She asked as a way to start things off.

“I think you blacked out,” Luna said.

“I…Wait what?”

“Oh, oh! I know, I know!” Sola said, raising her hand “The virus spread and the shock knocked you out!”

“Virus?” Ai muttered “Is that what Whings was panicking about.

“Yup!” Sola said, sounding far too cheerful.

“I see,” Ai muttered “I guess I…Failed then.”

“Hey c’mon, cheer up!” Sola said “It’s not the end of the world!”

“Actually,” Luna said “I think it is.”

Ryuga and Lex stood back to back; facing about five virus creature’s each.

“Y’know, I think this’ll actually make it easier for us,” Lex said “If you know what I mean.”

“I think you’re right,” Ryuga muttered, almost grinning himself.

The virus’ all drew at the same time and each summoned a random, but powerful level 4 monster.

“Looks like it’s our move,” Ryuga said.

“Draw!” The two of them drew cards at the same time.

“I summon Crystal World Beast!” Ryuga said, placing the card on his field and allowing his beast to rise up in front of him “And thanks to his effect I get to summon Crystal World Shifter!”

A woman with white skin, robes and long pearly hair that curled around her appeared next to Ryuga’s other monster.

“By releasing Crystal World Shifter I can summon any other Crystal World monster from my deck, however that monster cannot attack and is destroyed at the end of the turn,” a card slid out from Ryuga’s deck and he picked it up “And the card I choose it Crystal World Egg!”

The Shifter vanished in a display of white light and was replaced by Ryuga’s Crystal World Egg.

“Now, I tune my level 4 Crystal World Egg to my level 4 Crystal World Beast!” Ryuga said as his egg shattered into four green rings which fell around Crystal World Beast “The weak shall become food for the strong, only the strongest fighter will survive to claim his throne. Synchro Summon, Rise up, Crystal World Dragon!”

A pillar of green light opened up on Ryuga’s field and vanished as his Crystal World Dragon flew out of it, roaring triumphantly.

“And I’m not done yet,” Ryuga said “I activate my Crystal Erosion, which means the ATK of my weakest Crystal World monster is shaved off the ATK of all your monsters. The only monster I have right now is my Crystal World Dragon so all your monsters lose 2800 ATK.”

The five monsters in front of Ryuga began staggering as their ATK dropped to 0.

“And I also play my Crystal World Shards!” Ryuga said.

Ryuga’s Crystal World Egg appeared above him and shattered, shooting four shards into the ground either side of Ryuga’s dragon.

“My dragon can now attack five times,” Ryuga said “But I’m far from done.”

He took another card from his hand and activated it.

“I play my Great Overdrive spell card!” Ryuga said “This card raises my Crystal World Dragon’s ATK by 500 for each monster I control, since I have five that’s an extra 2500 ATK!”

Ryuga’s dragon let out a roar as its ATK rose to 5300.

“Crystal World Dragon, attack all their monsters!” Ryuga ordered “Obliterate them!”

Ryuga’s dragon glared down at the five monsters beneath it and opened its mouth, letting out a powerful stream of white flame and a shower of crystals which consumed all five monsters at once, destroying them and their Virus controllers.

“Looks like it’s my time to shine,” Lex said “And I summon my Ritual Sacrifice!”

An old priest with his face hidden by a dark cloak appeared in front of Lex, letting out a low moan.

“Now I send him and my Flame Ogre to the Graveyard,” Lex said as his monster vanished in a display of lights “To summon my Hammer King, Ash Serpent!”

A pillar of flame burst from the ground at the spot where Lex’s Ritual Sacrifice had vanished and soon took the form of a huge snake, bearing down on its prey.

“Next I play the spell card, Burn Damage,” Lex said “If I control a Fire attribute monster all your monsters lose half their ATK.”

Embers began flying off Lex’s monster and flew around the remaining five creatures, reducing their ATK.

“That’s nowhere near enough to defeat them,” Ryuga pointed out.

“Hey, as you said I’m far from done,” Lex said “I play my Dark Blacksmith spell card.”

Lex’s life points dropped to 3000 and a card slid from his deck.

“Dark Black smith allows me to add 1 Equip Spell to my hand by paying 1000 life points,” Lex said “And the card I choose is Megamorph!”

He took the card and immediately activated it.

“And since my life points are lower than all yours, my Hammer King gets double points!”

The flame of Lex’s monster seemed to increase as its ATK rose to 5600.

“And for my final trick I play the spell card, Double Damage,” Lex said “Meaning all battle damage this turn is doubled.

“Heh, coupled with my Hammer King’s ability to attack all monsters on the field I guess this spells good bye,” Lex said “Ash Serpent! It’s Hammer time, attack!”

Lex monster dived forwards, swerving sideways and consuming all Lex’s opponent monsters in a single ATK, blowing the Virus’ away.

“Ha, didn’t even break into sweat,” Lex laughed.

“Tch, I still did better than you,” Ryuga said.

“How so!” Lex asked.

“Well you finished off with less life points than me,” Ryuga said.

“What?! That was part of my combo to defeat them,” Lex said “It was intentional.”

“It doesn’t change the fact that I had more life points,” Ryuga said.

“Why you…”

Lex was about to jump at Ryuga when more Virus’ appeared about them.

“Oh give us a break,” Lex muttered.

Ai continued to stare at Luna and Sola, utterly confused.

“Well, at least we’ve got each other, right?” Sola said brightly.

“I’m going mad,” Ai muttered to herself.

“Don’t be so pessimistic!” Sola said “I’m sure everything will turn out okay.”

“Maybe you should cut the chit-chat and get on with it,” Luna sighed.

“Oh, like you’ve done anything to help!”

“Guys please!” Ai cut in “I mean, I can barely believe I’m talking to you, let alone arguing with you so try and take it a little easy.”

“Hm, people are always like this when they talk to spirits for the first time,” Sola sighed.

“Eh? You mean people have done this before?”

“Sure they have, never heard about it?” Sola asked.

“I don’t believe all those stories,” Ai replied.

“Well you’d best start believing because they’re true,” Sola said.

“I think we’ll save explanations for later,” Luna said “Right not we need to get back to cyberspace and defeat that virus.”

“Great!” Sola said “So…How do we do that?”

“I must admit,” Kimiro said “This is a lot more fun to watch than I’d anticipated.”

“You’re sick,” Josh muttered under his breath.

“Oh, that’s so disappointing,” Kimiro sighed “I would have relied on you fine gentlemen to aid me in my world domination, you certainly seem the type.”

“Then you have a very wrong idea about who I am,” Josh replied angrily.

Kimiro chuckled some more: “Oh Joshinyu Tenshi, I know more about you than you could possibly fathom.”

Josh merely stared at Kimiro, staring at his sly grin.

“Tell me,” he said “Have you found your friend yet?” Kimiro finished.

At this Josh’s eyes widened in horror.

“How’d you…Know about that?”

The rest of the occupants all turned to look at Josh, confusion in their eyes. Kimiro merely chuckled softly, staring at Josh with a devilish expression.

“My, my, you’ve grown very naïve over the years,” he laughed “Did you really think Komori had changed that much?”

Josh looked away, slamming his fist into the wall. He stood there for a few moments, breathing heavily.

“I knew I’d recognized his name from somewhere,” he muttered “I just couldn’t work it out.”

“Not till it was too late,” Kimiro finished, the sly tone of his voice seemingly enhanced by his smile.

Izo hadn’t looked up from his typing for a good few minutes, his fingers dancing in an almost robotic fashion and the only sounds where the soft ‘clack, clack’ as keys where pressed.

“Almost there,” he muttered.

“You…” Josh’s voice erupted from Izo’s phone followed by laughter and the quick use of some rather heavy language but Izo still didn’t look up.

“Got it,” he muttered.

He stopped typing and looked at the screen; a complex code was written up, a code he was going to use to hack into the tournament server.

“Looks like you where wrong, brother,” Izo muttered “Hacking can create a perfect world, in the right hands.”

He pressed the enter button and the screen transformed, showing several blurred images.

“Ai, can you hear me?”

“Huh?” Ai looked up “Izo?”

“Something up?” Sola asked.

“Shh,” Luna interrupted her “Listen.”

“Ai, are you there?” Izo continued.

“Yeah, I think so,” Ai said “But how are you…?”

“No time,” Izo said “What happened, what’s going on down there?”

“Well…I just sort of….Blacked out,” Ai replied “I was…”

“Where are you now?” Izo asked.

“Honestly,” Ai replied “I have no idea.”

Izo paused for a second.

“I guess there’s a possibility that the virus is blocking your access to Cyberspace,” he muttered.

“Excuse me?” Ai replied.

“Okay listen closely because it’s a bit of a long story,” Izo said “One of the overseers for the Cyberspace project seemed to have ambitions of his own and planted a virus in the program by using Komori’s deck, and now the core of the virus is locked inside the tournament server and the only people who have access to it are you and Komori, and right now Komori’s deck is the one spreading the virus so the longer his D-Wing remains active the more it spreads.”

“But what am I supposed to do?” Ai said.

“Right now I’m trying to find a way to release you from whatever the Virus has done so you can defeat Komori,” Izo answered.

“Wait, what?”

“Just give me a few moments,” Izo said, typing away again.

“You’re basically saying that the only way to beat the Virus is for me to win a duel against Komori?” Ai said.

“In short, yes,” Izo replied.

“You have got to be kidding me,” Ai moaned.

“You got this far, didn’t you?” Izo replied.

“Well yes but…I…” Ai’s voice faltered.

“Ai?”

“N-nothing,” Ai replied.

“Ai, I’m tired of you keeping secrets from me,” Izo said, his tone growing serious “Just tell me what’s wrong, I can help.”

Silence.

“Ai?”

“Okay,”

“Huh?”

“If I make it through this, I’ll tell you,” Ai said, her voice shaking slightly I guess there’s no point hiding anything after this.”

Izo paused in his typing, staring at the screen but not really seeing it.

“Ai,” Izo said slowly.

“Hm?”

“You don’t expect to win, do you?” Izo finished.

Ai didn’t reply.

“I may not have known you for that long,” Izo said “But I know you enough to know you don’t have any confidence in yourself.”

A few sobs escape through the headphones.

“Ai, listen to me,” he said “We can’t all be good at this, some people are made for it and some aren’t, but they still do it and do you know why? Because that’s what they enjoy, what they love. And that’s what makes humans special, because they can do anything when they put their mind to it.”

“Izo?”

“You’re gonna save the world whether you like it or not,” Izo said, a grin on his face “Even if you don’t have the confidence to do it. If that’s the case I’ll just be confident for you, me, Lex, Yue, Aoi and everyone else…”

The sobs stopped.

“Ai, you okay?”

“Y-yeah,” Ai replied.

“Liar,” Izo chuckled “I can always tell when you lie; you become nervous, and when you’re nervous you stutter whenever you start a sentence.”

“Eh? Hey!”

Izo laughed out loud.

“You know what?” Izo continued “That just proves that we’re friends, right?”

Ai paused, staring off into blackness.

“Friends…huh?” She muttered.

She thought back to the first time she and Izo met each other and the results of that encounter.

“Heh, y’know, I think we may be a little more than that,” she muttered under her breath.

Behind her Sola was giggling uncontrollably while Luna just watched on, seemingly bored.

A single tear dropped from Ai’s cheek and hit the floor with a soft note, and then from the spot it landed spread a blue glass floor followed by some floating blue columns. Ai looked up and found herself once again within the halls of the Sacred Temple.

“W-what?” She glanced about.

“Looks like you finally awoke inside your mind,” Luna said “And it’s still just as dark as it used to be.”

“Ai, you okay?” Izo’s voice sounded.

“Yeah, I’m fine now,” Ai replied.

“I’m almost done here,” he continued “You ready cause I’m about to finish.”

“Y-yeah, I’m ready,” Ai replied.

Izo paused, a grin spreading across his face.

“Liar,” he chuckled.

He pressed enter.

As soon as he did the world around Ai dissolved and reformed and she found herself back in the tournament server. Only now chunks of the floor and wall where missing and nothing but darkness and constantly changing codes could be seen beyond them.

“W-what?!” Komori stated at her, utterly confused.

Maria was still hanging in the air, her attack halfway towards Pack-Leader Warwolf. Wings stood to one side, watching.

“Welcome back,” he said.

“Sorry,” Ai said “I guess I was a bit slow.”

“No matter,” Wings said “It’s not over yet.”

Ai nodded and turned to face Komori, raising her D-Wing.

“Let’s finish this,” she said.

Komori glared at her and raised his own D-Wing, his life points resetting to 3700 and Ai’s returning to 1400.

“Maria, attack!” Ai ordered.

Maria’s beam of light unfroze and shot directly towards Komori’s monster, consuming it within a dome of light.

*no key card*

[spoiler=cards used in episode 22]Name: Crystal World Beast

Attribute: LIGHT

Level: 4

Type: Rock

Lore: When this card is Summoned, if you control no other monsters you may Special Summon 1

level 4 or lower "Crystal World" monster from your hand.

ATK: 1600

DEF: 1300

Name: Crystal World Shifter

Attribute: LIGHT

Level: 3

Type: Rock

Lore: Once per turn, you can Tribute this card to Special Summon 1 "Crystal World" monster from your Deck. A monster Summoned by this effect cannot attack and is destroyed during the End Phase. During your next Standby Phase after this effect was used Special Summon this card to your side of the field and increase it's ATK by half the ATK of the monster Summoned by this effect.

ATK: 1300

DEF: 200

2ezqzwi.jpg

236pc4.jpg

Name: Crystal Erosion

Type: Normal Spell

Lore: Decrease the ATK of all you opponent's monsters by the ATK of 1 "Crystal World" monster you control with the lowest ATK.You can only attack with one monster this turn.

Name: Crystal Shard

Lore: Remove 1 "Crystal World" monster in your Graveyard from play. Special Summon a number

of "Crystal World Shard Tokens" (Rock-Type/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) equal to the removed

monster's level. These tokens cannot be used as Tribute for a Tribute Summon or Ritual Summon.

Name: Great Overdrive

Type: Quick-Play Spell

Lore: Increase the ATK of 1 Synchro monster you control by 500 for each monster you control until the End Phase.

Name: Ritual Sacrifice

Attribute: DARK

Level: 2

Type: Spellcaster

Lore: By sending this card on your field and 1 other Monster Card in your hand to the Graveyard, you can Ritual Summon 1 Ritual Monster from your Deck whose level is equal to or lower than the total level of this card and the monster discarded for this card's effect. A monster summoned by this card is treated as being Ritual Summoned by the appropriate Ritual Spell Card. A monster Summoned by this card returns to your Deck at the End Phase.

ATK: 300

DEF: 500

236jn4.jpg

Name: Burn Damage

Lore: Activate only if you control a face-up FIRE monster. Halve the ATK of all your opponent's monsters for as long as that monster remains face-up on the field.

Name: Dark Blacksmith

Lore: Pay 1000 life points. Add 1 Equip Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.

MegamorphSD09-EN-C.jpg

Name: Double Damage

Lore: Until the End Phase of this turn, all Battle Damage (except from direct attacks) is doubled.

Thnx for all the comments guys ^_^...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

That must have been the longest series of ATK increases I've ever seen. O,x

Good thing the virus allows for miracle draws; those OTKs were mad. XD

Why do I end every sentence with a crappy useless emoticon? :?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived