1 member has voted

1. 1. who would win?

• deoxys
    • lugia
    • dialga
    • palkia
    • rayquaza
    • darkrai

All of these are present in Uber battles, and each of them has the capacity to kill any one of the others. It all depends on the move sets, and what supports are active at the moment.

Deoxys has various forms, so I can't give a synopsis on him. Be more specific.

Lugia makes a great wall, and is a good counter-measure against an opposing threat. Roost can temporarily rid it of its most frequently seen weaknesses in Uber battles, making it very steadfast.

Dialga can also comfortably wall to an extent, though not as well as Lugia can, but is also more offensively capable than Lugia.

Palkia can be an absolute monster with Rain Support from Kyogre, and it's Spacial Rend is capable of OHKOing any dragon in the game, excepting Dialga, Giratina, and Latias. It becomes an even bigger threat with Choice support or Life/Lustrous Orb.

Rayquaza has enough raw power and speed to sweep whole teams if not countered appropriately.

Darkrai can be a menace as well, but can also be taken down quickly if you can evade falling asleep - with sleep clause active, he becomes less of a problem.

And what? No Ho-Oh, Arceus, Kyogre, Groudon, or Giratina? Or even Latios/Latias?

i agree dialga does seem like he would becuase in the movie dialga beats palkia and in another movie deoxys beats rayquaza and darkia gets defeated in the middle of a fight ,but deoxys power doesn't even compare to dailga so it is really between lugia or dialga to me.

okay sorry aeon if i judge without thinking about ho-oh because on my johto region game his my favorite pokemon to use but i just feel that he just can't just stack up to some like lugia and dialga but he is pretty powerful in some of his area you are right and i don't have proof to back it so i quess he have chance of winning like everyone else thats just my opinion

All of these are present in Uber battles' date=' and each of them has the capacity to kill any one of the others. It all depends on the move sets, and what supports are active at the moment.

Deoxys has various forms, so I can't give a synopsis on him. Be more specific.

Lugia makes a great wall, and is a good counter-measure against an opposing threat. Roost can temporarily rid it of its most frequently seen weaknesses in Uber battles, making it very steadfast.

Dialga can also comfortably wall to an extent, though not as well as Lugia can, but is also more offensively capable than Lugia.

Palkia can be an absolute monster with Rain Support from Kyogre, and it's Spacial Rend is capable of OHKOing any dragon in the game, excepting Dialga, Giratina, and Latias. It becomes an even bigger threat with Choice support or Life/Lustrous Orb.

Rayquaza has enough raw power and speed to sweep whole teams if not countered appropriately.

Darkrai can be a menace as well, but can also be taken down quickly if you can evade falling asleep - with sleep clause active, he becomes less of a problem.

And what? No Ho-Oh, Arceus, Kyogre, Groudon, or Giratina? Or even Latios/Latias?

[/quote']

Deoxys has many forms yes, but the stats don't change drastically enough for that to matter. Besides, depending on what form he was in when you leveled him up is what attacks he learns, so form doesn't really matter, just what attacks he has. If he was attack deoxys when he leveled up and then is now a defense deoxys, obviously its going to be a difficult time, period.

So for Deoxys, its his move pool that matters.

Lugia...yeah, no. He isn't too good in the Uber category, especially when facing dialga/palkia, or any 4th generation legendary. Against a regular pokemon yes, but even Zapdos or Raikou would have a field day with him, even some of these ubers listed can learn electric type moves.

Lugia's out.

Rayquaza is straight flying/dragon, not too impressive there. Ice and Electric types will manipulate him very easily. Combined against 3 other dragon-types...yeah, he doesn't really stand out.

Dialga is good, but his Roar of Time holds him back as you have to wait an additional turn for him to recharge afterwards, and any good pokemon trainer knows, 1 turn can mean the game if you aren't careful.

Palkia is better, but with only 5 PP for his Spacial Rend, any uber with good defensive stats will stand against at least 3 of these attacks, destroying the better part of Palkia's chance of getting through a team successfully.

Finally there's Darkrai, a good choice to put pokemon to sleep and deal a possible x3 amount of damage per turn, however his biggest fall-back is that the opponent MUST fall asleep. Not hard, as if they don't go down the first turn, they should the second, and not many Ubers learn fighting type moves so he would be the best choice as far as type advantage.

I've battled with all 6 of these and honestly, Darkrai has the best chance out of all of them. Hypnosis and Dark Void, combined with his Nightmare attack and Bad Dreams ability, you can easily take down an entire team without your opponent putting up much of a fight.

My vote goes to Darkrai.

Deoxys has many forms yes' date=' but the stats don't change drastically enough for that to matter. Besides, depending on what form he was in when you leveled him up is what attacks he learns, so form doesn't really matter, just what attacks he has. If he was attack deoxys when he leveled up and then is now a defense deoxys, obviously its going to be a difficult time, period.

So for Deoxys, its his move pool that matters.

[b']I don't know where you've been, but Deoxys' forms make all the difference with his stats. In the competitive battle scene, the form of Deoxys you use (if you use him at all) determines what moves and strategy he is built around. Attack form is called Attack form for a reason - it's Attack power and Special Attack power is drastically higher than any of his other forms. Since when did his stats not change much based on form?[/b]

Lugia...yeah, no. He isn't too good in the Uber category, especially when facing dialga/palkia, or any 4th generation legendary. Against a regular pokemon yes, but even Zapdos or Raikou would have a field day with him, even some of these ubers listed can learn electric type moves.

Lugia's out.

Do you actually play this game well? First of all, Lugia's Defensive stats are monstrous, and combined with it's ability to learn roost, it's a force to worry about. With roost, Lugia heals itself and temporarily rids itself of its weaknesses to Ice, Rock, and Thunder. Not to mention Lugia can use Ice Beam, which tears about just about any Dragon in the Uber Battling Scene, as well as hits Zapdos hard. If Lugia encounters a problem it can't deal with, it can use whirlwind - with it's large defensive capabilities, it can endure a hit with little trouble, and then blow its antagonist away. Calm Mind Lugia also adds to this staying power. As it stands, Lugia's maxed out Defense power allows him to even take a hit from Normal Arceus' Extreemespeed without too much trouble.

Rayquaza is straight flying/dragon, not too impressive there. Ice and Electric types will manipulate him very easily. Combined against 3 other dragon-types...yeah, he doesn't really stand out.

You seem to care only about type match-ups. Are you actually taking stats into consideration? Rayquaza is fast, faster than most of the Uber pokemon. He also has more power than most of them. The idea behind Rayquaza is to strike first with a powerful attack that will hopefully wipe out the opponent - Choice Specs and Life Orb support this venture. If Rayquaza is up against something with Ice Beam and cannot take it out in one attack, it simply switches out. Or, if you're more adventurous, you could stick him with Focus Sash to survive that one attack, and use the opportunity to continue sweeping.

Also, Rayquaza isn't weak to Electric, he's neutral to it.

Dialga is good, but his Roar of Time holds him back as you have to wait an additional turn for him to recharge afterwards, and any good pokemon trainer knows, 1 turn can mean the game if you aren't careful.

That's why you don't use Roar of Time. Dialga has too many other, better moves available for you to waste a slot on Roar of Time.

Palkia is better, but with only 5 PP for his Spacial Rend, any uber with good defensive stats will stand against at least 3 of these attacks, destroying the better part of Palkia's chance of getting through a team successfully.

You act as though Spacial Rend is the only attack Palkia has. First, it's called PP up; you should use it. Second, Palkia also has access to Surf, which, when combined with Rain Support, Palkia's STAB, and possible support from Lustrous Orb, turns the attack into a veritable maelstrom of hurt, even against foes that might pack a resistance to it.

Finally there's Darkrai, a good choice to put pokemon to sleep and deal a possible x3 amount of damage per turn, however his biggest fall-back is that the opponent MUST fall asleep. Not hard, as if they don't go down the first turn, they should the second, and not many Ubers learn fighting type moves so he would be the best choice as far as type advantage.

I've battled with all 6 of these and honestly, Darkrai has the best chance out of all of them. Hypnosis and Dark Void, combined with his Nightmare attack and Bad Dreams ability, you can easily take down an entire team without your opponent putting up much of a fight.

But again, his biggest failing is the Sleep Clause. Almost no one plays without it, which means once one foe falls asleep, no more pokemon can fall sleep until that foe wakes up, or faints. As soon as your pokemon falls asleep, you simply switch it out. While it stays asleep, Darkrai can no longer harm you with those attacks, and becoems next to useless. Even withOUT the sleep clause, you could still just switch out your sleeping Pokemon - Darkrai will have used his turn on an Attack, which will have likely failed if it didn't hit a sleeping target, and then your Pokemon (which should have been faster if you were smart) can then open a can of whoop-ass on it. Such as Rayquaza with Focus Blast (indeed a fighting-type move).

I hope I've enlightened you.

In response to above post.

While all that talk may be just that, talk. Yes, I do play the game, and I play it rather well. My information is based off of facts from actually battling these pokemon against each other as well as a plethera of other pokemon.

While their base stats are good yes, there's an entirely higher level of playing you have to take into consideration, and while you have taken some of it on some of your responses, they have failed through most of it.

#1) if you've ever battled with a Lugia against any Uber pokemon, while he can learn some impressive attacks, he lacks something...more. I've taken Lugia against almost all Ubers that are used on a regular basis and he falls short compared to them. His dual type is his short-falling and anyone who knows how to exploit it, causing a possible x32 damage multiplier (dual type advantage, possible critical hit, strength of attack, defensive strength of lugia, items held).

#2) In the time I've battled, I have put multiple pokemon to sleep in one match before, AT THE SAME TIME. I don't know what versions you are battling with, BUT as far as the sleep clause is concerned, why is it then that Darkrai has the ability of Dark Void, allowing you to put up to 2 pokemon to sleep at once? I believe that violates your 'sleep clause' theory.

#3) While you can switch out pokemon that have fallen to sleep, it is very costly depending on what kind of battle you are in, and what you are switching out with. Generally, your opponent will notice what you are going to do depending on how long it takes you to put your stylus pen to the screen. If it takes a long time, you are thinking and generally going to decide to play the 'safe route' and switch out, which is only going to be costly for you because they have a free attack, plus they get to see the typing of what pokemon is going to come out to see if they want to switch PLUS now you have 1 pokemon that will remain asleep until switched out later and either a) woken up or b) knocked out, keeping the advantage with the Darkrai.

#4) Deoxys' forms don't matter. I've blown them all away, whether it be attack, defense, speed, or normal. Its all about exploiting their weaknesses. If you have 1 Deoxys, chances are you've tried to train it evenly so no matter what form you choose to put it in, it has a descent chance. One I've always seen people use is to raise it as a Defense-Deoxys, and then give it powerful attack and special attacks to try and balance the playing field. Another famous one is to raise it as a speed deoxys and give it high attacks. But possibly the most famous would be raise as attack and teach good attack.

While high attack power is great and all, it means nothing when your opponent knows what he's doing in a battle. You may knock out one, maybe two pokemon but then where will you be? You won't have Deoxys anymore, and unless its an all Uber battle, and you've got something with a little more gusto in your ranks, you don't have a very good chance (especially if your choosing to use Lugia).

#5) Since the majority of 3rd and 4th generation Ubers are Dragon-types, its not hard to determine what kinds of pokemon to choose when going against them. Ubers with Electrical and Ice type attacks. Deoxys, Arceus, and a dozen others are the only exceptions, but very few people use those anymore, maybe a Mewtwo now and then, but most people are fascinated with the 4th Gen, pokemon, whose Ubers are slightly more powerful than the Ubers from the past 3 generations.

#6) Rayquaza may be fast, but its defense stats compared to the rest aren't as hot. One good Electrical shot from Raikou, Zapdos, Mew, etc, and Rayquaza is finished. Same with Ice-type attacks from Suicune, Articuno, and as you've already said, Lugia would finish it just as quick.

The best teaming of Ubers that I could think of would be the following:

Mewtwo

Arceus

Palkia

Zapdos

Groudon

Darkrai

Once again, you convince me that you either

a) Do not play this game well

b) Do not know what the hell you're talking about.

Pay very close attention, because after this, I'm through trying to convince you otherwise.

1. Lugia. Is not. About. Attack.

Is that clear enough for you? Lugia is a defensive Pokemon, and its stats are high enough to stop many of its weaknesses. It is meant to be a wall. If you're fighting Lugias or with Lugias that can't wall, then guess what? That's your fault - it's the job of the trainer to make sure you get a nice EV spread, and you should probably keep trying to catch it until you get a good nature on it.

How is Psychic/Flying a shortcoming for a dual-type? He has no x2 weaknesses, can heal himself without worrying about said weaknesses, and can increase his own stats. And by the way, the only way you could possibly inflict x32 Normal damage on anything is if you had a type advantage + critical hit + maxed out offensive stat + shrunken opponent's defensive stat. If you think various item's can get you that high, you're sadly mistaken, as the biggest boost items ever give (unless they are choice items or expert Belt) is STAB bonus.

Learn the facts and fail less.

2. Hey, you want to know something neat? Dark Void will put both enemy's to sleep in a double battle - and only in a double battle. It does not work in Single Battle, as there is only one target. And guess what else? If sleep clause is active, and one of your pokemon can fall asleep, none of your other pokemon can fall asleep! Imagine that! And here's a tip for you, make sure to actually turn sleep clause on, as it isn't just automatically active. If you're putting two separate pokemon to sleep and it isn't a double battle, then Sleep Clause has not been turned on. Understand? Nod and say yes like a good boy.

3. First, it's called thinking on your feet. You shouldn't have to take a long time to figure out that you need to switch. So if your opponent is being a noob and watching you at your DS, it still shouldn't make a difference. Second, it's called Heal Bell. It's an attack that a lot of GOOD teams carry to heal their status problems. You should use it.

4. WRONG. If you have a Deoxys and you're GOOD at this game, chances are you DIDN'T try to train it evenly and exploited its strengths, like a GOOD player. The people you play against must seriously fail if they are trying to raise Deoxys evenly. Here's a tip for you - get into the competitive environment and see how people REALLY raise pokemon. Maybe it'll enlighten you.

5. Dude, for the last time, and lemme make this crystal clear DRAGON-TYPE POKEMON ARE NOT WEAK TO ELECTRIC-TYPE ATTACKS. Dragons RESIST electric, and having the flying dual-type only makes them neutral to it. That said, playing an uber battle means you're going to know what types to bring in every damn time. That much is obvious. The idea of an uber battle is to see who raised a better statistical spread and moveset, not to see who has enough of a brain to use the right types of attacks.

And once again, you prove to know nothing of what you're talking about. Do you just battle against your friends or something? Because if we're talking ubers, Deoxys, Arceus, and yes, even Mewtwo, are quite commonly seen. The fact that you seem not to know this serves to reaffirm what I've already been suspecting. The 4th gen ubers are very nice, but no one counts out the 3rd gen either. I said this before as well; many of the previous Ubers (such as Kyogre) are desired for support. Without Kyogre, Palkia loses serious power.

6. -__- Rayquaza doesn't need defense. It isn't designed for it. It is designed to SWEEP. How do you not get this? I've only said it three times already. If you let Rayquaza get hit, that's your fault. If you sent it in to battle an opponent it couldn't handle, that's your fault. If you played correctly, Rayquaza tends to win. You see, Rayquaza can learn a nifty little move called Rock Slide, or you could even teach it Stone Edge, but either way, that attack can easily take out the likes of Articuno (which, by the way, should NEVER be used in an Uber battle), Zapdos, Ho-Oh, and a slew of the other flying type Ubers, especially if Rayquaza has Life Orb, Expert Belt, or even Choice Band. Rayquaza is designed to sport of moveset with a large amount of coverage, so that it can take out many, many opponents before it has to switch out or gets defeated.

Also, again, RAYQUAZA IS NOT WEAK TO ELECTRIC. Get that through your thick skull.

By the way, Zapdos is not an uber. It's a legendary, and yes, there is in fact a difference.

Archived