Giratina or Darkrai?

asterr259

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darkrai+Dark Void=Win

Giratina can learn Sleep Talk.

If this was the case, than Dark Void would suck since most pokemon can learn Sleep Talk.

Every one that said Giratina is wrong. Darkrai wins.

With Giratina asleep and Darkrai hiding behind a Substitute after 1 Calm Mind a Dark Pulse (wrong move) will likely OHKO or 2 hit kill Giratina.

But this comes down to the move sets, however Darkrai will have the up hand in most cases.

Darkrai+Dark Void=Win

Giratina can learn Sleep Talk.

If this was the case' date=' than Dark Void would suck since most pokemon can learn Sleep Talk.

Every one that said Giratina is wrong. Darkrai wins.

With Giratina asleep and Darkrai hiding behind a Substitute after 1 Calm Mind a Dark Void will likely OHKO or 2 hit kill Giratina.

But this comes down to the move sets, however Darkrai will have the up hand in most cases.

[/quote']

You can always rely on Flame Dragon to say the appropriate things when it comes to pokemon.

Well put my friend.

Giratina (DRAGON/GHOST)

Darkrai (DARK)

Giratina has a higher ATK with Shadow Force

Darkrai has a higher SP ATK with Dark Void & Dream Eater

Giratina has a higher SPEED (I believe so)

Its 50/50 on this one. If Darkrai can use Dark Void, its all over. If Giratina attacks with Shadow Force first, its also all over.

Giratina (DRAGON/GHOST)

Darkrai (DARK)

Darkrai takes 1/2 damage from it. Plus it gives your opponent a turn to set up. Also having higher ATK doesn't matter much since all of Darkrai's moves should be special based.

Giratina is alot slower.

Its 50/50 on this one. If Darkrai can use Dark Void' date=' its all over. If Giratina attacks with Shadow Force first, its also all over.

[/quote']

I also might have over shot the power of Dark Pulse. Odds are 2 hit kill.

Giratina (DRAGON/GHOST)

Darkrai (DARK)

Darkrai takes 1/2 damage from it. Plus it gives your opponent a turn to set up. Also having higher ATK doesn't matter much since all of Darkrai's moves should be special based.

Giratina is alot slower.

Its 50/50 on this one. If Darkrai can use Dark Void' date=' its all over. If Giratina attacks with Shadow Force first, its also all over.

[/quote']

I also might have over shot the power of Dark Pulse. Odds are 2 hit kill.

True, Giratina IS a lot slower... and Darkrai's Dark Void almost never missed. And even if Giratina CAN use Shadow Force with his high ATK, it cannot one hit kill a Darkrai. So Darkrai wins...

This has nothing to do with Wailord. You said Giratina wins because he's stronger and bigger. I brought up Wailord because he is the biggest pokemon and if part of the reason Giratina is better is because he is bigger, than that would make Wailord the best pokemon since he is the biggest pokemon.

Also Giratina, based on what I've seen in the pokemon Wii game, has a hard time moving as well.

OK... Let me end this thread once and for all...

GIRATINA IS DRAGON/GHOST... Weaknesses are ICE/DRAGON

DARKRAI IS DARK... Weaknesses are FIGHTING

Neither Pokemon has a STAB attack against the other. Which means, no Super Effectives...

Giratina has a higher ATK, uses ATK Moves (Shadow Force) and has a LOWER Speed...

Darkrai has a higher SP ATK, uses SP ATK Moves (Dark Pulse) and has a HIGHER Speed...

Darkrai has Dark Void and Dark Pulse, with the effect: Bad Dreams. A deadly combo indeed.

Giratina has Shadow Force, with the effect: Pressure. Not that good a combo.

Giratina's Shadow force will only do 1/2 DMG to Darkrai. Not a OHKO.

Darkrai can use Dark Void, and continously use Dark Pulse. If he/she decides to do this... Bad Dreams will add more HP loss...

Both are legendaries...

Let me spell this out for you. If Darkrai uses Dark Void within the first... 2~3 turns and Giratina falls asleep, Darkrai can use Psychic or Dark Pulse or even Dream Eater to eat away at Giratina's HP.

If Giratina uses Shadow Force, Darkrai will not be dead. If Darkrai NEVER uses Dark Void, Darkrai is dead.

So, unless someone is SO dumb not to use Dark Void, that is the only way Giratina will win. If there are any problems with my theory, please tell me.

Simply Put...

Darkrai + Dark Void + Dream Eater + Bad Dreams > Giratina + Shadow Force + Pressure

Archived