Yu-Gi-Oh! Megatropolis Thread

Guest TheFinalFan

It's here. Chapter 1. Enjoy.

Duel 1: Ladies and Gentlemen, Start Your Engines!

Earth-YRP-169

10:15 hours PT, May 10th, 2040

San Angeles, Downtown New Old Angeles

Schwarzenneger Memorial Duel Stadium

It was a beautiful morning in San Angeles, not that anyone on the lower levels of the megacity could really tell that it was beautiful. The duracrete and glasteel megascrapers rising up from the city streets blocked most of the view, but that was yet another price one had to pay to live in the big city. Most of this Earth’s population had moved to the big cities once rural housing became too expensive. Manual labor was almost a thing of the past, leading to a second renaissance full of an entire generation of artists and thinkers. But some people didn’t like to stay at home and work or explore their hobbies….

“And welcome to the finals of the New Old Angeles Grand Prix! I’m your MC, Cedric Taylor, and commentator on this event! Most of the competition was been left in the dust, leaving only two champions-to-be! In the red corner, is one of the twin heirs to the Gizmo Toys fortune, the Sultaness of Spare Parts, the Tyrant of Toys, the Matriarch of Machines, Miss Annie Gizmo!!”

The crowd in the stadium cheered as the spotlights moved from the MC, a brown-haired young man who looked strikingly like his uncle, to a young blonde with sky-blue eyes in a jean skort and a Gizmo Toys t-shirt riding on a clunky, rusted Duel Runner that looked like it was going to fall apart as soon as the race started.

“And in the blue corner,” MC Ceddy announced, “ the challenger! Coming from the Central East Side, the Smash Duelist, the Monarch of Melee, the Baron of Brawl, please welcome Luke Famicom!”

The spotlight now moved to a raven-haired teenage boy with red highlights wearing a blue shirt with overalls topped off with a blue cap with a blue “S” inside a white circle. He was on top of a red-colored Duel Runner with one sphere-shaped wheel at the front, but a complex hoverjet system at the rear.

“Since Turbo Duels are sooo early 2020’s, they will be using the standard Master Rules: 4000 LP, 40-60 card deck, the works.” Ceddy continued. The lights in the stadium came on, revealing a circular track and a stadium filled with roaring fans. “Duelists, are you ready?” Ceddy cried. The pair nodded and started up their Duel Runners. “All Right! Let’s count down folks!” A hologram of four red orbs appeared in front of the duelists. “3, 2, 1, Go!” As soon as the orbs turned green, they sped off, oblivious that this duel would change their perspective on the universe forever….

Underneath the stadium, however, a different battle was about to unfold. Even in such an age of science where almost everything had an explanation, some things remained hidden, such as Terrain Response Tank Mark 3 Automated, Unit D3R, also known as TR3A-D3R or “Treader” to those who work with him. Treader is a modified Labyrinth Tank with an onboard Artificial Intelligence, or AI, and a magical-technological hybrid Duel Battle System, allowing him to engage in both magical and technological warfare. Of course, not even the Inter-Dimensional Special Operations Division of the Megatropolis Police Corps, Treader’s makers and employers, were going to allow a fully automated prototype tank to act completely solo. One of their agents, a Lieutenant Rithm Algo, was undercover monitoring Treader, but she isn’t really important right now. What WAS important was an unfortunate design flaw in Treader’s programming.

TR3A-D3R Mission Clock: T+54 H, 34 M, 25.10203 S

TR3A-D3R Status: All Systems Operational

Currently Tunneling

Report: Sensors have confirmed a duel between 2 indigenous humanoids riding Class 3 bi-wheels with built in Duel Systems.

Analysis: Duel Systems use a purely technological variant of subject’s onboard Duel Systems.

Assumption: Duel Systems may be used on large body of similar indigenous humanoids within the area.

Conclusion: In order to preserve indigenous humanoid life, stealth must be sacrificed to battle Class 3 bi-wheels and terminate them.

New Orders: Confront Class 3 bi-wheels and terminate them immediately.

ETA: T-3M, 52.56508 S

“My draw!” cried Luke as he made the second turn. “I Normal Summon Mario, the Red Inferno, in Attack Position!” A short figure popped out of the life-size card. He had a matching outfit to Luke, but his was red and had a “M” on the cap. He also had brown hair and a black mustache. “Letsa go!” he cried. (1800/1200)

105y4vc.jpg

“I end my turn since I can’t attack.”

“O.K! My turn” yelled Annie. “I will Normal Summon Green Gadget in Attack Position!” A green robot-like figure appeared beside Annie’s Duel Runner. It had a stubby head with one eye and a large gear comprising most of its body. (1400/600).

30j5jf9.jpg

“I can now search my Deck for a Red Gadget, then add it to my hand.” Green gadget’s lone red eye flashed suddenly. “I also activate Double Summon!”

28ugvua.png

“Now I can Normal Summon Boot-Up Soldier – Dread Dynamo in Attack Position.” A large, brown robot winked into existence next to Green Gadget. It was large and muscular, for a robot, but had a depression on its torso for a gear-like object to snugly fit inside. (0/2000)

zxvgqt.jpg

“My Dynamo’s effect activates! When I have a Gadget monster on my side of the field, Dynamo gains 2000 ATK points!” Green Gadget floated over to Dread Dynamo and placed itself into the depression. Its gear linked up with a hidden system of gears inside of Dynamo and started spinning, powering Dynamo up. (0/2000) to (2000/2000). “Dynamo, attack Mario with Wind-Up Uppercut!” Dynamo started to spin his arms around until they were just a pair of circular blurs, then charged at Mario. (Luke: 3800 LP) But, when the smoke cleared, Mario was still standing, albeit smaller than before, then regained his normal size.

“Ha!” Luke chuckled. “Mario’s special ability allows him not to be destroyed once per turn. Take that!” “Ugh!” Annie grunted. “I end my turn.”

ETA: 0S. Destination reached.

Suddenly, as Luke was about to declare that his turn had started, a large blue tank-like vehicle appeared out of a freshly-made hole in the superasphalt. It looked like your average, ordinary Labyrinth Tank brought to life, but had some slight hull modifications and had “TR3A-D3R” written on the sides. The tank also had fin extensions that popped out and started glowing rainbow colors, like a Duel Disk.

“Status: Duel System online.” The tank spoke. “Analysis: Ready for combat.” (2400/2400).

294qlfn.jpg

“Action: Drawing a card. Action: Activating Cost Down."

2hrog2p.jpg

"Statement: By discarding 1 card from my hand, I can lower the Level of all Monster Cards in my hand by 2. Action: Setting face-down monster. Action: Attacking ‘Green Gadget’ with ‘Labyrinth Tank’.”

Treader revved up his drills as he charged at Green Gadget. The poor Duel Monster never stood a chance as he was torn apart by Treader’s drills. (Annie: 3000 LP)

“Action: End turn by setting 1 face-down card and activating ‘Heart of the Underdog’.”

1z5ngc4.jpg

“Finally! My turn!” Luke groaned as he finally got to draw his card. I Normal Summon Mr. Saturn in Defense Position.

or0xvo.jpg

A small white animal with a red bow on its single hair appeared. It wriggled both of its stubby legs as it tried to keep up with the Duel Runner. (0/?) to (0/2450). “Mr. Saturn’s Defense Points are equal to the Attack Points of the monster with the highest Attack Points on the field + 50, so don’t try to attack this monster!" [but if Mr. Saturn is targeted by a card effect, it's done for!] Luke remembered. "Now Mario! Attack his face-down card with Super Jump Punch!” Mario charged towards the face-down card as it flipped over to reveal itself as a piece of a large stone wall floating in mid-air. (0/3000).

90bs6e.jpg

“Statement: Labyrinth Wall has more DEF than Mario’s ATK. Conclusion: Enemy Duelist will take damage to his Life Points.”

The fireball Mario unleashed bounced off of Labyrinth Wall and hit Luke, decreasing his Life Points. (Luke: 2600).

“I end my turn by setting a face-down card…” Luke sighed.

“Don’t worry Luke!” Annie reassured. “I’ll try to help the best I can, but I think that our mutual friend has decided I’m the lesser of two evils. I’ll switch Dread Dynamo to Defense Mode and place Gear Golem the Moving Fortress in Defense Mode as well!” Dread Dynamo crossed its arms over its torso slot as a large machine with spikes all over its shielding arms crossed its arms as well. (800/2200).

xdh275.jpg

“I’ll set a face-down card and end my turn!” Annie cried.

“Action: Drawing a card. Action activating ‘Heart of the Underdog’. Action: Revealing ‘Cycroid’ to draw another card.

4486e.png

“Action: Revealing ‘Mechanicalchaser’ to draw another card.”

30bflvm.jpg

“Action: Revealing ‘Overdrive’ to draw another card.”

zu47kg.jpg

“Action: Revealing ‘Oni Tank T-34’ to draw another card.”

20p7llw.jpg

“Action: Revealing ‘Giga-Tech Wolf’ to draw another card.”

2v3ofm1.jpg

“Action: Revealing ‘Gradius’ to draw another card.”

1044txx.jpg

“Action: Revealing ‘Cyber Soldier of Darkworld’ to draw another card.”

rqvs4k.jpg

“Action: Revealing ‘Guardian of the Throne Room’ to draw another card.”

oqi250.jpg

“Statement: Card drawn is not a Normal Monster Card and, therefore, I cannot draw another card. Action: Activating face-down Trap Card: ‘Ultimate Offering’.

dexwu0.png

“Action: Paying 1000 LP to Normal Summon ‘Overdrive’ and ‘Oni Tank T-34’ in face-up Attack Position.”

A Humvee-like vehicle with a large gatling gun on top (1600/1500) and a green tank with a red oni mask on the front (1400/1700) appear next to Treader. (Treader: 3000 LP).

“Action: Activating ‘Ultimate Offering’ and Tributing ‘Overdrive’ and ‘Oni-Tank T-34’ to Normal Summon ‘Kazejin’ in face-up Attack Position.”

2wdaoap.jpg

The tank and the humvee disappeared in a flash of light as a large green being was blown into the field on a sudden gale. (2400/2200). (Treader: 2500 LP).

“Action: Activating ‘Ultimate Offering’ and Normal Summoning ‘Giga-Tech Wolf’ and ‘Guardian of the Throne Room’ in face-up Attack Position.”

A cyborg version of “Silver Fang” (1200/1400) and a tank-like robot (1600/1600) appeared near Treader. (Treader: 1500 LP).

“Action: Activating ‘Ultimate Offering’ and Tributing ‘Giga-Tech Wolf’ and ‘Guardian of the Throne Room’ to Normal Summon ‘Suijin’ in face-up Attack Position.”

2wqhp9d.jpg

Both monsters also disappeared in order for another being, this time blue, to come out of a sudden holographic tsunami. (2500/2400). (Treader: 1000 LP).

“Action: Activating ‘Tribute Doll’, Tributing ‘Labyrinth Wall’ to Special Summon ‘Sanga of the Thunder’ in face-up Attack Position.”

11ugowk.jpg

2wphyk9.jpg

Labyrinth Wall disintegrated into light while, in a flash of lightning, a large yellow and gold being, with similar characteristics to Kazejin and Suijin, also appeared on the field near Treader. (2600/2200).

“Action: Tributing ‘Sanga of the Thunder’, ‘Kazejin’, and ‘Suijin’ to Special Summon ‘Gate Guardian’ in face-up Attack Position.”

2hoilaq.jpg

Sanga, Kazejin, and Suijin floated into the air as Luke, Ceddy and the audience stared in awe and Annie started to hum the old “Transformers” theme song. The three components began to arrange themselves and, as they came together, a beam of light came down form the heavens and made the union absolute. With Sanga’s head, upper torso, and arms, Kazejin as the middle torso, and Suijin forming the legs and lower torso. (3750/3400).

“And in an unbelievable turn of events,” Ceddy stammered as he tried to keep his cool in front of millions of loyal viewers, “it seems as though our mysterious guest ‘Treader’ has managed to outsmart our competitors. What will it do next?”

As if on cue, and listening to Ceddy’s dumbstruck commentary, Treader spoke once again.

“Action: Attacking ‘Mario’ with ‘Gate Guardian’.”

“No!” cried both Annie and Luke, eerily simultaneously. “I activate my face-down card: Trap Booster!” Annie cried in vain.

dyap9g.png

“I can discard a card from my hand to allow me to play a Trap Card from my hand, but I don’t have any Trap Cards in my hand, so I will let Luke play one instead. Please tell me you have something like ‘Negate Attack’ or ‘Sakuretsu Armor’ that will stop this thing!”

“I don’t have those cards,” Luke replied, “but I have been doing the math in my head, and I think I can survive this. Activating ‘Starman’ from my hand!”

172ype.jpg

“Starman prevents Mario from being destroyed by battle this turn, so I will live to fight another day!” Luke stated, relieved as Mario was pounded repeatedly by Gate Guardian and Treader. (Luke: 50 LP)

“Action: Ending turn by placing a face-down card.”

“My turn!” Luke declared as he hoped that the next card he drew would change the playing field. “Heart of the Cards, Heart of the Cards, Heart of the Cards!” he chanted as he drew his card. “Yes!” he yelled. “It’s a good one!”

“Action: Activating ‘Thunder of Ruler’”

2rqlu81.jpg

“Dang!” Luke grunted. “I can’t attack this turn!” He quickly did some math in his head. “But it looks like I won’t have to! Activating Final Smash!”

30msbvm.jpg

“My Equip Card increases Mario’s ATK and DEF by 100.”

Mario gains a strange aura and fiery eyes as he prepares for something. (1800/1200) to (1900/1300).

“Statement: ‘Mario’ does not have enough ATK to defeat either of my monsters.”

“But who says I was going to attack? I activate Mario’s special effect! By discarding my Final Smash! Card equipped onto Mario, I can inflict damage to your Life Points equal to half your total attack! Mario, use Mario Finale!”

Mario suddenly unleashes the massive amounts of energy inside him in a spiraling firestorm directed at Treader.

“Statement: Does not compute. Do3s n07 c0mpu73. D035 N07 C0M4u73. D815y D815y g1v3 m3 ur 8n5w3r d0 im ½ cr8zi a11 4 th3 luv 0f u. 5hu77ing d000000000wwwwwwwnnnnnnnnn.”

Treader just stops and malfunctions as he continues to smoke. Annie and Luke stopped their Duel Runners as the crowd cheered on the duo. “What an amazing turn of events!” Ceddy announced. “I can’t believe that Luke was able to pull it off! Hold on. I have just been that the finals will resume shortly after a long commercial break, so hang tight!” The crowd roared at the duo and they waved and cheered and were totally wrapped up in the moment.

Just then, a futuristic-looking motorcycle shot out of the side gates and roared up to Treader. It fired a green energy beam that engulfed the tank, lifted it off the ground, then the two sped away towards the setting sun. “The tank’s getting away!” Annie cried. “Then we’ll just have to go after it” replied Luke has the two of them started up their Duel Runners and sped off after the tank and its mysterious owner.

Yes! It's finally here! Hurray! Interesting start... it looks like something bigger is just on the horizon. Anyways, some pointers:

- Give some more character development (in the next chapter), right now we don't know that much about the two characters.

- There should be more reaction to a giant tank suddenly appearing and starting to duel.

- You should show the Life Points of each duelist after the end of each turn.

^_^ Very well written- good grammer, nice punctuation, and excellent spelling. Not to mentiona totally original plot. I give it a 9/10. Two reasons:

1) Images made my computer take a long time to load up. Can't you give links to the cards insteads? <<;

2) Too spaced together. Try seperating them in paragraphs.

Overall-keep up the nice work!

how did the tamk summon the tank? a robot tank should follow the rules you know. Other than that, pretty good

also freeman, i think the characters who signed up are their because he wasn't able to think of many other charecters, so he allowed us to make the other ten minor/major characters, (make sure that when my charecter arrives that he have Colorless, Chaos King of Dark World and Dark World Temple

Guest TheFinalFan

The reason behind the card images is to help out noobs, or I thinl that's the reason. To tell you the truth, I forgot why I put them up in the first place! It probably saves you timeknowing what the cards say, doesn't it?

P.S. You can see the main characters on the front page of the sign-up thread.

Correctamundo KHK! Technically' date=' Treader is a Labyrinth Tank, so he qualifies as a Duel Monster (somewhat).

[/quote']

Wait, so couldn't Luke just of attacked the Treader/Labyrinth Tank and destroy it as a resultof battle instead of reducing its Life Points to zero?

Archived