Yu-Gi-Oh! Megatropolis Thread

Guest TheFinalFan

Here's Chapter 2.

Duel 2: Where is the Tank? Pursue the Mystery Woman!

Earth-YRP-169

11:26 Hours PT, May 10th, 2040

San Angeles, I-710 Aboveground Connector South

Mile Marker 17.6

The city of San Angeles, in order to be fully operational, had to have quite an extensive transportation system. So, in order to maintain steady traffic flow, new interstates plowed through what were formerly San Bernardino, Riverside, and Imperial Counties and old highways were modified into both aboveground regular-use highways and underground expressways. One such aboveground highway, which was relatively clear for just before noon, happened to have two Duel Runners racing after a third towing a large floating vehicle suspended in a green orb.

“So,” a familiar blonde queried, “we chased this lunatic all over half of Old Newtown, finally caught up to her and have been sitting behind her FOR THE PAST FIVE MINUTES!!!!”

“I realize that.” Another familiar face replied, wincing at Annie’s yelling. “But we have no intel on her capabilities. For all we know, she might be carrying Exodia in her deck…”

“Well, my good friend,” Annie proceeded to monologue, “when my father, Hephaestus Gizmo, worked with the KaibaCorp Duel Runner design team back in the mid-teens, they were designing a Duel Runner for law-enforcement officials to pursue criminals with Duel Runners when a question popped into my dad’s mind: how would the police get a duelist to duel them in the first place? The solution was revealed after he translated some notes he had written in an obscure early-14th century Arabic font during the peak of a 109-hour-long stint without sleep revising the activation matrix, at the end of which he slipped into a semi-coma for over a week. Create an activation override code that a police Duel Runner could use to force another Duel Runner into a duel! Of course, being his daughter, I happen to have access to a UNIVERSAL override code that can force ANY two Duel Runners into a duel as long as they are within broadcasting range.”

“So what are you implying?” Luke said, having a rough idea of what the answer was.

“Lets just hope that her Duel Runner has a similar system!” Annie yelled as she opened up a secret computer pad on her Duel Runner. “Activate Universal Duel Runner Override Code!” “Please state password for voice confirmation.” A female computer voice replied. “Screw the rules, I have money.” Annie enunciated carefully. “Verification confirmed. Select target(s).” The computer stated. Annie deftly selected both of the other two Duel Runners as her targets. “Targeting confirmed. Transmitting override codes.” The computer stated with a slight hint of smugness. “Warning. Override codes not working for unidentified Duel Runner.” The computer now sounded somewhat anxious. “Override codes…confirmed.” Now it sounded puzzled as Luke’s Duel Runner powered up its dueling system and the other Duel Runner activated its own version.

The other Duel Runner, a silver-armored work of art with graceful curves and decals, pulled back to where it was a few yards next to Luke. The rider had a matching suit made of a hard, yet seemingly flexible and lightweight, material. Most of the suit seemed skintight, yet there were portions that seemed to extend into crash armor. The Duel Runner had a similar look: like it could change into something else. Luke could also see a curving of the rider’s body, indicating that it was a she; at least, he thought, that might be the case. The helmet had a visor that didn’t show her features, but, it suddenly opaqued, revealing a humanoid face, startling scarlet eyes and a hint of magenta hair. “What are you doing?” she asked in a voice that seemed to have no accent, yet a magical quality. She had also seemed like that wasn’t her real language, but was somehow being translated.

“I’m not doing anything.” Luke replied. “My friend back there wants me to duel you.”

“Allright, then.” She agreed. “It will be a few minutes before I get where I want to go, so how about a wager? If I win, you will pull over and let me filter your mind.”

“Filter my mind?” Luke repeated, puzzled.

“Yes. And your friend’s too. I will simply modify your memories so that you will have no recollection of getting this far. I am already breaking protocols left and right, so I have decided to not take any chances. This Battle Cycle has only a field mind-filtering kit, but it probably won’t damage your psyche too much.”

“Okay.” Luke answered, hesitating. “But what if I win?”

“I will let you and your friend keep your memories, but, either way, you have to let me get away when we are through.”

“All right, ready?”

“Yes.”

“LET’S DUEL!!” They both cried as they sped on down the highway.

“I’ll let you go first.” The mystery woman stated.

“No,” Luke replied. “Ladies first.” [That way, I can see what kind of cards she has and formulate a strategy!] Luke thought.

“Thank you.” She answered. “I draw. I will place a face-down monster and a face-down card, then I end my turn. (?????’s LP: 4000)

“My turn! Draw!” Luke cried. “I Normal Summon Mario, the Red Inferno, in Attack Mode!”

105y4vc.jpg

A familiar red-clad figure popped out of his card and shouted “Letsa Go!” as he leaped into the air (1800/1200). “Now Mario, fireball that face-down!” Luke ordered. Mario charged up a sphere of flame and launched the tennis-ball-sized sphere towards the face-down card with a “Prik!” from the projectile. The face-down card revealed a small figure with a tiny blade and a lantern on its back. (700/900).

e65do8.jpg

Suddenly, Jutte Fighter, just before he was incinerated, threw a small dagger at Mario, scraping him on the leg and causing him to take up a defensive stance as he ran alongside Luke’s Duel Runner.

“My Jutte Knight’s effect allows me to change the position of one of my opponent’s monsters from Attack Mode to Defense Mode.” The rider explained.

“Fine then,” Luke grumbled, “I set a face-down card and end my turn.”

“My turn then.” The rider replied. “I draw, and I Normal Summon Ninja Grandmaster Sasuke in Attack Mode.” A lithe warrior completely covered in silver armor and a green bodysuit appeared out of a sudden cloud of smoke. (1800/1000).

2n9c0lv.jpg

“Now, Sasuke, attack Mario!” the rider commanded. Sasuke charged towards Mario as a pair of kunai appeared in his hands.

“It’s a pity that Mario can’t be destroyed as a result of battle, otherwise your plan might have worked.” Luke stated, smugly.

“My friend,” the rider replied, “if I didn’t already know that, then why would I waste an attack? I watched Treader’s duel with you, and have already formulated a counter-strategy. I think that you have forgotten that Sasuke has a special effect, allowing him to destroy a face-up Defense Position monster without damage calculation whenever he attacks one.”

As she ended this explanation, Sasuke suddenly disappeared from in front of Mario, reappeared behind him, and stabbed him in the back, causing Mario to go flying and fall out of the duel. A mysterious voice shouted “Player 1: Defeated!” as “K.O.” appeared in big red letters in front of Luke’s Duel Runner.

“I end my turn by setting a face-down card.” The rider coolly stated to a shocked Luke.

“Fine then. If you want to get serious, I can get serious! I draw! And I Normal Summon Samus Aran, Power Suit Mode, in Attack Mode!”

29mn4hh.jpg

An orange spaceship-looking craft suddenly came down out of a cloud and an orange-and-yellow-armored figure dropped off of the ship as the ship went back into the clouds. It began running along Luke’s Duel Runner at an inhuman pace. (2000/1500).

“I also activate Ultimate Offering, allowing me to pay 500 Life Points to Normal Summon Pokemon #025 – Pikachu from my hand!”

96ytlg.png

54eq76.jpg

The Trap Card flipped up, and a tiny stream of holographic blood came out of Luke’s chest and entered the card. Then, a small red and white ball came out of Ultimate Offering and opened up, releasing a flash of light that formed into a yellow and brown-striped rodent with red circles on its cheeks, a lightning-bolt-shaped tail, and a cute expression. (1250/750). (Luke’s LP: 3500).

“Now, Samus, attack Sasuke with Charge Shot!” Luke ordered.

Samus started to charged up his, sorry, HER Arm Cannon and aim the large sphere of 100% All Natural Concentrated Energy at Sasuke.

“Activate Trap Card! Ninja Smoke Ball!” the rider countered.

2lu2bo1.jpg

Samus fired her Charge Shot just as Sasuke dropped a small black ball that exploded into a cloud of smoke. When the smoke cleared, Sasuke was nowhere to be found. Then, a nearby car door opened, Sasuke tumbled out, and resumed his sprint.

{Writer’s Note: Ninja Smoke Ball is an actual card from Episode 80 of the Yu-Gi-Oh! second series anime. I just created a pic of it here.}

“My Ninja Smoke Ball negates an attack on a ‘Ninja’ monster, and since Pikachu isn’t as powerful as Sasuke, I wouldn’t advise to attack again.” The rider smugly stated.

“She’s right!” Luke exclaimed. “I guess I end my turn by setting 2 face-down cards…”

“My turn” the rider exclaimed. ”And I Normal Summon Jutte Fighter in Attack Mode!” Jutte Fighter appeared next to Rithm, blade ready. (700/900). “And I Tune Jutte Fighter to Sasuke!” Jutte Fighter’s lantern started to glow as he split into a pair of rings, which then caused Sasuke, who entered the rings, to dissolve into 4 stars. Suddenly, a large blast came out of the formation, and a kabuki-esque warrior with body armor, a blue bow on his back, and a long whip with a blade at the end came out. (2800/2000).

2u54cuq.jpg

“Now I will pay 1000 of my Life Points in order to use your Ultimate Offering to Normal Summon Getsu Fuhma and Nanobreaker, both in Attack Mode!” (?????’s LP: 3000)

21979cz.jpg

2yxi5wo.jpg

A relatively larger stream of holographic blood came out of the rider’s chest and split into two female forms, one a red-haired sword wielder in feudal-era samurai armor, the other a raven-haired cyborg in futuristic armor with a wicked-looking sword. (Getsu: 1700/1200). (Nano:1600/1800).

“Oh no!” Annie exclaimed. “She can easily defeat Luke with the strength she has now!”

“But I’m not done!” the rider declared. “I equip Fusion Sword Murasame Blade to Getsu!”

2nuslyq.jpg

Getsu’s right arm suddenly convulses, then a wicked-looking blade sprouts out of a cancerous mutation of her arm. (1700/1200) to (2500/1200).

“Now, Goyo Guardian, attack Pikachu with Goyo Lariat!” the rider commanded. Goyo Guardian threw its lariat at Pikachu, which wrapped itself around the poor Pokemon. The blade portion of the weapon went past Pikachu and struck Luke in the chest. (Luke’s LP: 1950). Pikachu was then brought back with Goyo Guardian to the rider’s side of the field, now tired. “Goyo Guardian’s effect now activates, allowing me to take the monster he just destroyed and Special Summon it to my side of the field, in Defense Mode!” the rider explained. “ Now I will activate Double Attack on Goyo Guardian, allowing me to discard Dragon Lady from my hand to allow Goyo Guardian to attack again!”

4ikh95.jpg

spdfkz.jpg

“I don’t think so!” Luke retorted. “You are currently dueling in uncharted waters, and I still have a few tricks up my sleeves!” Pikachu suddenly cried “Pika!” then yelled “Chuuuuuu!!!” as it let loose a large buildup of static electricity. And due to the fact that Goyo Guardian’s lariat was made of metal, the discharge ran all the way to the end of the lariat, and into Goyo itself, comically electrocuting the proud warrior. “Pikachu’s effect activated.” Luke explained. “Whenever he is destroyed in battle, the monster that destroyed him can’t attack or change battle positions for 3 of my turns. Beat that!”

“Fine then,” the rider coolly replied, “I will. Getsu, attack Samus.”

Getsu began to charge towards the orange bounty hunter, brandishing her shiny new arm-blade.

“I activate my Trap Card, Banana Peel!” Luke cried.

i4mz39.jpg

Getsu, still charging, suddenly slipped on a banana peel that happened to appear exactly where she was about to step, causing her to trip and fall, and also cause the banana peel to comically fly into the rider’s face. (?????’s LP: 2600).

“My Banana Peel Trap Card allows me to negate an attack targeted at 1 of my monsters, then deals damage to the attacker’s controller equal to the attacker’s Level x 100.” Luke explained as the rider wiped the icky, who-knows-how-long-it’s-been-there banana peel off her face.

“I end my turn…” the rider grunted.

“Man,” Annie rhetorically asked, “how will he win this? He only has Samus, and even her Final Smash won’t deal enough damage to take her down.”

“My turn!” Luke exclaimed. [Come on, Deck] Luke wished. [All I have is Final Smash, Owner’s Seal, and Call of the Haunted in my hand, and I need something else to win. I either win this turn, or I lose by next turn.] “I draw!” Luke draws his card hoping its something good. [Come on!!!!! Wait, why did I draw this? I can’t use this! I done for! Wait. Let me check…. I can win! I just hope I can do this!] Luke’s expression suddenly shifts from worry to his standard smile, his game face smile, his special grin that tells you you’ve lost all chance of winning.

“What are you smirking about?” the rider wondered. “I’ve won! I have the mind filter fired up and ready to go! Just surrender already!”

“I don’t think so, redhead! I activate Owner’s Seal, allowing me to regain control of Pikachu!”

98t6ow.png

A shining insignia of a circle with two intersecting lines appeared on Pikachu’s forehead, then quickly disappeared as he broke free of Goyo Guardian’s bonds and went over to Luke’s Duel Runner.

“So?” the rider went on. “You still don’t have enough power to defeat me.”

“But I have enough monsters to do this!” Luke retorted. “I release Samus and Pikachu to Normal Captain Falcon, the Legendary Racer, in Attack Mode!”

2nbt8cx.jpg

A blue hovercar-like vehicle came barreling down the highway, matched speed with the two Duel Runners, then popped open its cockpit and a muscular man in a blue suit and a red helmet leapt out. He came over to Luke’s side of the field, pointed at the rider, and said “Show me your moves!” (2800/2100).

“Now I will equip Final Smash onto Captain Falcon!” Luke continued.

2itr4i0.jpg

Captain Falcon suddenly started to radiate a golden aura. (2800/2100) to (2900/2200).

“Now I will activate Captain Falcon’s special effect!” Luke declared, triumphantly. “Captain Falcon can now attack my opponent’s Life Points directly for this turn!”

“Oh no.” the rider solemnly responded.

Captain Falcon then whistled, and his vehicle reappeared. He hopped in, then went charging ahead in to the distance. A few seconds later, the hovercar was headed right towards the rider’s Duel Runner! At the last second of the suicide charge, the car swerved out of the way as Captain Falcon popped open the cockpit, leapt out, pulled his right arm back as a red aura surrounded the clenched fist, yelled “FALCON…” at the climax of his leap, then finished the maneuver by screaming “…PUNCH!!!!!” as the energy-amplified punch slammed right through the rider’s chest, not killing her but finishing her off. (?????’s LP: 0).

Normally, the rider’s Duel Runner would have abruptly braked as the holograms faded, but hers kept going for some unexplained reason. The group was just passing a “Detour” sign as the overpass began to run out. A few years ago, San Angeles hoped to build a bridge to the outlying Catalina Islands, but the project was determined a waste of taxpayer’s money, and the bridge only extended about 350 yards out into the ocean. Little did anyone, but the rider, know that the spot where the bridge stopped was, roughly, where a major ley-line intersection was. Ley-lines act as veins for the planet’s dying magical energy, and an intersection of 3 major lines, 16 medium lines, and 29 minor lines, all flowing with natural magical energy, was bound to warp the space-time continuum somewhat. Not much, but enough for the same people who made Treader and sent the rider to place a Class-3 Direct Transit Inter-A-Line Portal at the end, which was the rider’s true objective.

The rider then activated a series of buttons on her dashboard, changing Treader’s bubble from a shade of jade to turquoise tint, reinforcing the connection between the two vehicles, and transforming the Duel Runner into a pod-like hoverbike. Thrusters, now appearing on the sides and rear of the vehicle, fired up, and wings extended from the bottom, propelling the two contraptions towards what seemed like open space. Suddenly, at the end of the bridge, a strange rainbow-colored vortex started forming, anchored in mid-air by a series of golden symbols arranged both artistically and mathematically. For the other two witnessing this event, they were astounded. But, before the rider’s cockpit sealed, Luke cried out “I forgot to ask! What’s your name?!?!”

“Lieutenant Rithm Algo.” She replied as her cockpit sealed up.

Then Rithm, with Treader in tow, went into the vortex.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived