Archaic Civilization

bury the year

Archaic Soldier

Spellcaster-Type/LIGHT/Level 4/ATK 1500/DEF 1500

When this card attacks, you can shuffle your Deck to reveal the top 3 cards of your Deck. For every revealed “Archaic” card, this card gains 200 ATK during the Damage Step only.

Archaic Lancer

Spellcaster-Type/LIGHT/Level 4/ATK 1750/DEF 1200

When this card battles a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent. When this card inflicts Battle Damage, inflict 300 damage to your opponent.

Archaic Priest

Spellcaster-Type/LIGHT/Level 4/ATK 1400/DEF 300

Once per turn, you can pay 800 Life Points to select 1 face-up monster your opponent controls. The selected monster cannot attack or be selected as an attack target until your opponent’s next End Phase.

Archaic Herald

Spellcaster-Type/LIGHT/Level 2/ATK 300/DEF 800

FLIP: Add 1 “Archaic” monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand, except “Archaic Herald”.

Archaic Pillar

Rock-Type/LIGHT/Level 4/ATK 0/DEF 1900

This card cannot be Tributed. When an “Archaic” monster you control is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon this card from your hand in Defense Position. When this card is destroyed by battle, return it to the bottom of your Deck instead.

Archaic Merchant

Spellcaster-Type/LIGHT/Level 3/ATK 1000/DEF 1200

Once per turn, you can discard 1 card to reveal cards from the top of your Deck until you reveal an “Archaic” monster. Add the revealed card to your hand and return all other revealed cards on the bottom of your Deck. You then lose 100 Life Points for every returned card.

Archaic Tithe-Collector

Spellcaster-Type/LIGHT/Level 3/ATK 400/DEF 600

While this card is face-up on the field, you do not have to pay Life Points for the effect of “Archaic Civilization”, and "Archaic Civilization" cannot be destroyed by card effects.

Archaic Deity – Rheys of Fire

Pyro-Type/LIGHT/Level 7/ATK 2500/DEF 2000

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of “Archaic Temple”. When this card is Summoned, you can have your opponent draw a number of cards equal to the number of monsters they control to destroy all monsters your opponent controls. You cannot attack with any other monsters during the turn you activated this effect.

Archaic Civilization

Field Spell

While this card is face-up on the field, you can Summon and Set monsters in your Spell & Trap Card Zones and activate and Set Spell or Trap Cards in your Monster Card Zone. Your opponent cannot select monsters in Spell & Trap Cards you control as attack targets unless there are no monsters in your Monster Card Zones, and they cannot destroy Spell or Trap Cards in your Spell & Trap Card Zone unless there are no Spell or Trap Cards in your Monster Card Zone. During your Standby Phase, pay 500 Life Points. If you cannot, destroy this card.

Archaic Ring

Continuous Spell

Activate only if you control an “Archaic” monster. Remove 1 monster your opponent controls from play. When this card is removed from the field, Special Summon the removed monster under its owner’s control in the position it was in when this card was activated.

Archaic Sigil

Normal Spell

Activate only if you control an “Archaic” monster. Activate 1 of the following effects: –Tribute 1 “Archaic” monster you control to Special Summon 1 “Archaic” monster from your hand. –Shuffle up to 4 “Archaic” cards from your Graveyard into your Deck. –Destroy 1 non-“Archaic” monster on the field.

Archaic Temple

Continuous Spell

Destroy this card if you do not control a face-up “Archaic Civilization”. When you Summon an “Archaic” monster, put 1 counter on this card (max. 5). “Archaic” monsters you control gain 100 ATK for every counter on this card. When there are 5 counters on this card, you can send it to the Graveyard to Special Summon 1 “Archaic Deity” monster from your Deck.

Archaic Market

Continuous Spell

Destroy this card if you do not control a face-up “Archaic Civilization”. Once per turn, during your Main Phase 1, you can remove 1 Spell Card in your Graveyard from play to activate its effect. If you do, your opponent draws 1 card.

Archaic Haven

Continuous Spell

Negate this card's effect and destroy it if you do not control a face-up "Archaic Civilization". When an "Archaic" monster you control is destroyed by battle, you can put it under this card. When this card is destroyed by a card effect, you can Special Summon any number of "Archaic" monsters that were under this card.

Archaic Promised Revival

Quick-Play Spell

Activate only when an “Archaic Deity” monster you control is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard. Special Summon the destroyed monster, ignoring Summoning conditions.

~~Card suggestions are always appreciated~~

Archaic Soldier- Just a plain beatstick. If a real card, would definitely not be broken.

Archaic Lancer- A stronger version of the new Archfiend in my opinion. Maybe tone its effect down, or its ATK a little bit?

Archaic Priest- Okay for stall, but in all its effect is actually pretty weak.

Archaic Pillar- Helpful with the first card in this set, and keeping stall.

Archaic Merchant- A unique version of Magical Merchant that isn't as abusable, but could be in the right circumstance.

Archaic Tithe-Collector- Just a meh card. Kinda like the support for Clock Tower, except in a way worse >>;

Archaic Deity – Rheys of Fire- Pretty balanced, and sounds cool.

Archaic Civilization- Is actually a bit overpowered if you ask me. Kinda like Seal.

Archaic Ring- Temp stall, could be very good in the right moment.

Archaic Sigil- Too many varying, and possibly overpowered effects for me.

Archaic Market- Could be highly abusable, but hey, I made a card somewhat like it xD

Archaic Promised Revival- Good support for Archaics.

The theme seems to stick to a main idea, but what is it exactly, would you say?

Archaic Soldier- Just a plain beatstick. If a real card' date=' would definitely not be broken.

[b']He's not exactly designed to be broken, but, just as you said, a beatstick.[/b]

Archaic Lancer- A stronger version of the new Archfiend in my opinion. Maybe tone its effect down, or its ATK a little bit?

Since almost all defenders and attackers have at least 1800 in their respective stats, I'm keeping him that way.

Archaic Priest- Okay for stall, but in all its effect is actually pretty weak.

Really? I originally thought he was a bit overpowered...

Archaic Pillar- Helpful with the first card in this set, and keeping stall.

Exactly the point.

Archaic Merchant- A unique version of Magical Merchant that isn't as abusable, but could be in the right circumstance.

Should I change him at all?

Archaic Tithe-Collector- Just a meh card. Kinda like the support for Clock Tower, except in a way worse >>;

I amped up his effect, so I think he's better now.

Archaic Deity – Rheys of Fire- Pretty balanced, and sounds cool.

Archaic Civilization- Is actually a bit overpowered if you ask me. Kinda like Seal.

Well, it is the main card of the set.

The theme seems to stick to a main idea, but what is it exactly, would you say?

The set's designed around using Civilization to bolster the effects of the Archaics, and help them to remain on the field.

Archived