Army of Anubis Deck (Please rate and improve)

KoLoBoS

Well I've wanted to make this kind of Deck for ages, but the cards just wasn't around. And that's because I want to a make a Beast-Warrior Deck

Still needs some tweaking, hopefully some more Promo's will come out to add the cards. But let me know what you think, what needs taking out or added.

MONSTERS.

Level 5 or higher

End of Anubis

Manticore of Darkness

Manticore of Darkness

Ghost Night of Jackal

Phantom Beast Rock-Lizard

Great Maju Garzett

Level 4 or lower

Winged Rhynos

Winged Rhynos

Rampaging Rhynos

Rampaging Rhynos

Enraged Battle Ox

Enraged Battle Ox

Sangan

Vorse Raider

Chiron the Mage

Pitch-Black Warwolf

Pitch-Black Warwolf

Pitch-Black Warwolf

Phantom Beast Wild-Horn

Cybernetic Cyclopean

Spells

Wild Nature's Release

Wild Nature's Release

Mystical Space Typhoon

Nobleman of Crossout

Cold Wave

Banner of Courage

Sogen

Swords of Revealing Light

Giant Trunade

Rush Recklessly

Lightning Vortex

Ekibyo Drakmord

Traps

Mask of Weakness

Acid Trap Hole

Trap Hole

Trap Hole

Magic Cylinder

Sakuretsu Armor

Sakuretsu Armor

Call of the Haunted

Well, first of all, why Sogen? The 200 attack boost won't do much for you. Why not take it out and add a couple of Axe of Despairs, or better yet a Mage Power or United We Stand?

Also, you have too many tribute monsters. For my deck, I keep tributes to around 2 so I don't wind up drawing them when I need level 4 monsters.

You also need to get rid of your Pitch Black Warwolves. 1500 attack ain't gonna help you in the long run. Want to stop traps? Easy. Get a Royal Decree. Or better yet, if you have enough funds, a Jinzo.

Also, get a heavy storm.

Take out Rush Recklessly, since its only for one turn, as well as Banner of Courage, since 200 attack won't do much good for you. Like I said in the first few paragraphs, get some good equip cards.

Why no Premature Burial?

Ekibyo was a good card, until Legacy of Darkness came out. Sure, it can help you for a few turns, but once that targeted monster is tributed, or destroyed, your Ekibyo takes a one way trip to the Graveyard. Just add another Lightning Vortex.

I would also take out Mask of Weakness. All the Masks aren't that useful.

Since this deck is going to be beatdown-relative, I would get more Vorse Raiders and get rid of some of your lower attack monsters.

Have fun building your deck,

IronTemplar

pitch black has 1600, and if you run several of them, your oppenent can't use traps during either battle phase, which is when most traps are used. so keep those.

jinso does not go with a beast deck, he is a machine. take out sangan for another vorse radier. premature would go nicely in the deck. field spells will be usefull since all of your monsters gain power boosts.i would also take out ekibyo for another lighning vortex.

your deck so far is really good. 7.5/10

OK. So with what people have said so far, I'm updating the Deck. I do agree with Dargonbatsai that Jinzon is a good card for the Deck, but doens't fit with the Theme.

ANyway, here's what I've changed. And what I can as I have the cards.

- Sogen

+ United we Stand.

- Mask of Weakness

+ Mage Power

- Ekibyo Drakmord

+ Lightning Vortex

- Sangen

+ Chiron the Mage

This any better?

Again I do agree with you on this one Era. Gravekeepers would help much with this kind of Deck, but as Dragonbatosai says it just wouldn't fit into the Deck Theme.

Maybe some kind of Winged-Beasts like Harpy Lady would work, then the effects of Manticore of Darkness would still work. Or maybe some Beast types so Wild Nature's Release would still be playable.

I just really want a Beast-Warrior Deck, as they seem to be one of the forgotten card types in YuGiOh and I've NEVER seen anyone use a Deck based around them.

Yeah, maybe Raiza woudl fit into the Deck ok.

But i don't have one....maybe wait til there come down in price a bit.

What do you think about the idea of "Card of Safe Return"?

Match that card up with two Manticore of Darkness, and you always can have 6 cards in your hand when you finish your turn.

Seriously Georgeboy, if you have any ideas on how to make Decks better then say something constructive.

DO NOT RUN THIS DECK!!!

Is just spam. Why not run the Deck? Is the a way to make it better, does it have to many flaws. I've read all the post in the Deck section you made tonight, and to be honest I can't see why peoplw here aren't just reporting you for spamming.

If I shouldn't run this Deck, say why? That way we can find ways of making the Deck better with the Theme we are using. If all you have to say is it SUCKS or it's AWFUL, then why bother posting a reply?

ok, fair enough, my posts arent very constructive, i openly admit that.

take out:

cybernetic cyclopean-bad effect

End of Anubis-not a beast or beast warrior

Ghost Night of Jackal-2 tributes=bad

Phantom Beast Rock-Lizard=not a great effect

Great Maju Garzett=not a beast

add:

bazoo the soul eaterx2

green baboon(don't know the full name xD)x1

gene-warped warwolfx3

If you're gonna suggest Baboon, suggest Nimble Momonga! OMGZ NOOB :P I'll agree if you can get hold of them! I'd take out the random Ekibyo Drakmord, it's kinda random and I'd take out Mask of Weakness and add another Rush Recklessly which is pretty much better in every way. I'd actually suggest taking all those tribute monsters out to be honest... none of them add anything to the deck. Manticore is okay but I don't think in this deck but we'll keep it for now:

MONSTERS.

Level 5 or higher

Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest

Manticore of Darkness

Manticore of Darkness

Level 4 or lower

Winged Rhynos

Winged Rhynos

Nimble Momonga

Nimble Momonga

Nimble Momonga

Enraged Battle Ox

Enraged Battle Ox

Sangan

Des Koala (decent defence with a bit burn, can't hurt)

Des Koala

Giant Rat

Giant Rat

Spells

Wild Nature's Release

Wild Nature's Release

Mystical Space Typhoon

Nobleman of Crossout

Heavy Storm

Smashing Ground

Smashing Ground

Brain Control

Brain Control

Rush Recklessly

Rush Recklessly

Lightning Vortex

Snatch Steal

Pot of Avarice

Traps

Trap Hole

Trap Hole

Magic Cylinder

Sakuretsu Armor

Sakuretsu Armor

Sakurestu Armor

Call of the Haunted

There are definitely some more monster that need to get in here... but it's nearly 2am and I'm sleepy :(

edit: Urgh, just realised there's no point having the Rush Recklessly actually in this build, but I can't be bothered to look into it now lolz.

Archived