Yu-Gi-Oh vs. Magic The Gathering

Desu the Blue Nerd

Yu-Gi-Oh vs. Magic The Gathring  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Yu-Gi-Oh vs. Magic The Gathring

• Yu-Gi-Oh
    • Magic The Gathering

Me, my best friend, and my newest friend keep on having debates on which is better. My newest friend says magic the gathering is way better and yu-gi-oh is horrible. Me and my best friend say yu-gi-oh is awesome and magic sucks bad. The other day my new friend showed my new friend showed my best friend and he didn't like it. I don't really know if thi has been done before but what do you guys think. Also if you say magic you fail at life.<---My opinion

Edit: If you just want to be an ass this is not the place for you. Actually state your opinion on these two.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me' date=' my best friend, and my newest friend keep on having debates on which is better. My newest friend says magic the gathering is way better and yu-gi-oh is horrible. Me and my best friend say yu-gi-oh is awesome and magic sucks bad. The other day my new friend showed my new friend showed my best friend and he didn't like it. I don't really know if thi has been done before but what do you guys think. [b']Also if you say magic you fail at life.[/b]

1. Get a life.

2. It's all about your opinion.

3. I cannot say, because I have never played Magic.

But where you're clearly wrong is that I do have the right to my opinion so if I don't like it you guys shouldn't make a big deal. I'm asking your people's opinion. I'm not making a debate out of this. If I was making this into a debate I would put it in the debate section.

No.

From what I have gathered.

Your an ass.

"If you say Magic you fail"

Since when is your opinion better than mine?

I play Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh. They both have their ups and down:

Yu-Gi-Oh

Pros - Easier to play / Easy to learn / More fun

Cons - Not as many cards / Limited cards allowed on field

Magic

Pros - More strategies / More cards / Unlimited cards allowed on field

Cons - Harder to learn / Infinite loops / Super broken combos / Games can drag on

Magic The Gathering is so much better than YGO.

The art is better without a doubt.

The best part is the gameplay.

The gameplay makes it so that the winner isn't decided by the starting hand.

If you have a really bad hand, you can redraw your cards, but you'll draw 1 less card (which doesn't make that much of a difference compared to YGO (Yeah, it's hard to get used to that fact)) unless the opponent has a bad hand too, then both just redraw. This way, both players play at their best almost all the time, and you can't 'blame your opening hand'.

Also, if a player just has a bad start, he can still survive for pretty long, so making a comeback is very easy. The game isn't decided at all after the first 3 turns.

Also, Magic in turn has it's broken cards too, but at least none of them are very easy to play. The cards cost mana to play, so even very good 'Spell/Traps' cost a lot to play.

And the card pool is much, much greater. Decks will be more unique, and they won't all look like each other.

Magic is the best game evar compared to YGO, believe me.

Too bad that none of the online games work for me.

If they did, there'd be no reason for me to stay here, which is a good thing ^^

Magic The Gathering is so much better than YGO.

The art is better without a doubt.

The best part is the gameplay.

The gameplay makes it so that the winner isn't decided by the starting hand.

If you have a really bad hand' date=' you can redraw your cards, but you'll draw 1 less card (which doesn't make that much of a difference compared to YGO (Yeah, it's hard to get used to that fact)) unless the opponent has a bad hand too, then both just redraw. This way, both players play at their best almost all the time, and you can't 'blame your opening hand'.

Also, if a player just has a bad start, he can still survive for pretty long, so making a comeback is very easy. The game isn't decided at all after the first 3 turns.

Also, Magic in turn has it's broken cards too, but at least none of them are very easy to play. The cards cost mana to play, so even very good 'Spell/Traps' cost a lot to play.

And the card pool is much, much greater. Decks will be more unique, and they won't all look like each other.

Magic is the best game evar compared to YGO, believe me.

Too bad that none of the online games work for me.

If they did, there'd be no reason for me to stay here, which is a good thing ^^

[/quote']

Q4T

Actually' date=' I just found a great working program that allows me to duel in MTG.

Thanks for reminding me of that game, Cloud.

[/quote']

Mind PM'ing me it? lol I have wanted one for ages ._."

I think everyone here likes yugioh

Me and Exiro prefer Magic The Gathering.

Ooh and...

Yu-gi-oh is way better and more original.

Magic The Gathering is the Original "Card Battling Trading Card Game". How dare you say that Yu-Gi-Oh is more original, MTG was the birth of it all and the heart of it all.

Yu-gi-oh' date=' no offence but that guy/girl is a joke (no offence...but they are...), Magic the gatthering sacks', Christ were did they get the idea Magic the gathering is good...?[/color']

Where did you get the idea that MTG was bad?

Archived