A new mode of play I just thought of

What is your favorite god card?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What is your favorite god card?

• Obelisk The Tormentor
    • Slifer The Sky Dragon
    • The Winged Dragon Of Ra

I got the idea from Pokemon Colosseum. In this Gamecube game (I`m not sure if that`s the same mode in XD Gale of Darkness or Battle Revolution), TWO Pokemon fight on each side of the field. It`s an easier mode because if the enemy Pokemon survives the first attack, you attack it with your second and etc.

I just thought about one thing: Yugioh TCG Colosseum.

The main idea is like in Pokemon Colosseum. This time, you put 1 Monster card in each spot of your field, the enemy does the same thing. The first one who destroyed all the opponent`s monsters wins.

That`s when the Spells and Traps become useful: You can use them to negate an attack on one of your monsters, or raise one of the monsters your oponent targeted so it won`t be destroyed.

And, finally, the game can be played in many rounds: Each duelist, when a round is finished, may put 5 new monsters and so on. The winner is the duelist who won two rounds on three. Or three rounds on 5.

except for these new rules, the habitual ones are still there; a monster can attack once a turn (you can`t cheat); You can activate traps only during the opponent`s turn. But there is a special thing about this way of playing: No Life Points, so many spells and traps can`t be used.

Is that a great idea? Or are there details missing?

Due to some comments, I decided to change the rules and add some more:

1. No fusion monster. The fusion spot on the game mat will be used for something else. See rule 2.

2. The 5 stars and more monsters are placed in the Fusion zone. You must tribute monsters to put them in the game.

3. You can only place monsters whose level is 4 or lower at the beginning of each round. You must tribute them to use the higher level monsters.

4. No Life Points. The only goal is to destroy the opponent`s monsters or avoid destruction using effects.

5. If a monster is targeted by one of the opponent`s monsters, if the targeted monster, using effects, raises its ATK or DEF higher than the attacking monster, the attacking monster is destroyed instead.

Do you mean you start off the game with the monsters in their zones? In that case all someone needs to do is have a Jinzo' date=' spell canceller, and five headed dragon.

[/quote']

The effects also can be used, which makes the duel harder and more complicated. And, after all, I know nobody who own FGD.

Well' date=' nevertheless I own one, and so do mannnny. The only gameplay modes I know of are:

Advanced

Traditional

multi way duel

Tag team duel

Pick up a random pile of commons duel

[/quote']

i play all of those ways^^

random pile duels are funny.

i dont think starting with all your monsters is any good. the game would rely solely on having very very strong monsters.

i have played sometimes where both players try to get 5 Monsters on the field, and the first to do it wins.

of course, with all the chaos that goes on in duels these days, its almost impossible, but its fun. i once had two monsters and my bro had 3, i used 2 Brain Controls and Snatch Steal. very funny. :lol:

HORUS and I used to duel each other board-game style. That was kind of fun.

If the game relied on just using high ATK monsters' date=' no one would use good cards like Troopers, Snipes, etc. There would pretty much be no stratagy.

[/quote']

No, because spells and traps would be used against the opponent`s attacks.

ex. Your opponent attacks one of your monsters. You use a card that says "If your opponent declares an attack, destroy the attacking monster".

You can also use traps and monster effects.

It`s like the normal Yugioh games, but with... a twist.

Archived