New idea I need some advice on.

J-Max

J-Max in the Written Section? Anyway enough of that, I have a new idea I would like to use but don't know where to begin with OCG. The Concept is a Continuos Spell which would allow you once per turn to choose a Monster or Spell/Trap Zone, this would also be treated as the other choice for the turn.

Here's an example. I have a Jinzo in Monster Zone 5. During my Standby Phase I choose Monmster Zone 5 to become a Spell and Trap Area. So the monster would be vunerable to Spell and Traps but be Immune to Monster destruction due to the fact that it's not a Spell/Trap Zone.

"Once per turn you can declare a Monster Zone or Spell & Trap Zone you control, until the End Phase, the chosen Zone is treated as *Stuck Here* When the chosen Zone is selected as a Target by your opponent, you can Discard one card from your hand to change the Type of Zone."

Well, the effect you have described above has nothing to do with Zones, really. You alter cards to become different card types.

Once per turn, select a face-up Monster Card OR a face-up Spell or Trap Card. If the selected card was a Monster Card, it is treated as a face-up Continuous Spell or Trap Card (choose one), and vice versa. When the selected card is declared as a target, you can discard 1 card to negate the destruction and this card's previous effect.

Something like that, except more correct.

Hmmm....this is quite the interesting idea you have here J. How's this sound so far:

Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, you can select 1 of your Monster Card Zones or Spell & Trap Card Zones. Until the End Phase of the turn, the selected Zone gains the appropriate effect based on the Type of Zone selected:

-Monster Card Zone: This Zone is treated as a Spell & Trap Card Zone. Any monster in this Zone is treated as a Continuous Spell Card.

-Spell & Trap Card Zone: This Zone is treated as a Monster Card Zone. Any Spell or Trap Card in this Zone is treated as a Monster Card in Defense Position with 0 DEF.

If the card in the selected Zone is selected as a target by your opponent, you can discard 1 card from your hand to treat the Zone as its original Type.

That's what I came up with based on the information in your post. You can go from there to tweak it to your liking :P

EDIT: Umbra's suggestion is another alternative ;)

Archived