Your Favorite game/Game system

Dante Dimercurio

What is it?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What is it?

who play dragon quest 8 ?

It was okay. I played it, beat it, didn't play it once after that, and about 6 months ago, sold it. I mainly got it because it came with a demo of Final Fantasy XII.

I feel kind of stupid waiting 3 years for Final Fantasy XII. After waiting 3 years, I play it non-stop and beat it within a week. After I was done, I noticed it was missing something. Something very important in RPGs; character development. I don't recall a lot of character development in Final Fantasy XII. Seriously, I wait 3 years for XII, thought it was just "good", then I hear about Tales of the Abyss, and wait for it for about a month, and I liked Tales of the Abyss much, much more. TotA, emphisized on what XII was missing, character development. TotA has the best character development of any RPG I have ever played (Which is Final Fantasies 4-12, except 11, Mario RPG, Kingdom Hearts I and II, Dragon Quest 8, and the rest of the Tales series.)

EDIT: Oh good, I finally posted this. I couldn't because of the CPU quota thing. This is actually a shortened post that was about 2 paragraphs longer. The first paragraph included a rant about how the Final Fantasy series is overrated and overshadows other RPG series that are just as good if not better. The second paragraph was about how Final Fantasy XII sold about 1.4 million copies the first week it was released in Japan and it sold about 1.3 million copies the first week it was sold in North America, and how TotA has sold a combined 300,000 copies since it was released in Japan in 2005 and North America in late 2006. There was also a bit on how XII and TotA almost got similar ratings (about half a point to a point difference in most cases) by various magazines and player reviews, and Final Fantasy XII was still RPG of 2006 and will be Player's Choice come November. Anyway, my rant is done.

Archived