Return of the Shadows-Beginning-Tournament Chapters 1-10

Cody Frost

How good was this match?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How good was this match?

• Great! Post the next one!
    • It's okay.
    • Just stop it and tell a mod to close or delete this thread.

Welcome to a dramatized duel between Lupin and his, evil, twin brother Leo. I will be using the cards I have posted in the thread Wolfy’s Cards: 127 so far, some additional written cards, and some real cards. This duel, as I said, is a dramatized duel. If this one is okay, I might make a dramatized duel series between the winner in this duel against Joey, or will it be somebody else? I’m going to be using the standard duel disk they use in the show. 5 monster zones, 5 trap card zones, etc. Hope you all enjoy.

PS: I've made a few cards along the way, but I've posted their effects if they are applied.

--

[spoiler=Chapter 1] It was a dark night, and Dark Alley, made everything seem darker. Lupin, a tall 5’8” eighteen year old made his way through that alley accompanied by little more than a flash light, his duel disk and his deck. It was a cold night so he was wearing a black shirt (short sleeve) and blue jeans. Along with his pair of blue tennis shoes, another figure made his way towards Lupin. Surprisingly it was Lupin’s twin brother Leo. Although they were twins, they were complete opposites. Leo was wearing a long sleeve white shirt, with a vest over it and navy-blue slacks. He was wearing a duel disk.

Leo: We meet again, eh, Lupin? It’s about time I show you whose the boss. I have been waiting for this moment for a long time.

Lupin: So you’re the one who sent me the challenge letter! No point in backing out, especially when I get to show you my new cards.

Leo: You’re not the only one with new cards.

Leo/Lupin: Let’s Duel!

Hand count: Lupin 5, Leo 5

Life points: Lupin:8000, Leo:8000

Turn 1) Leo:

I draw and start off by summoning Fig Fighter (Insect Earth LV4 ATK: 1900 DEF: 1500.) One hell of a normal monster and to top it off, I play one card face down. Your move Lupin.

Leo’s Stats:

Hand: 4 Life points: 8000 Graveyard list: none

Field:

Spell/Trap zone: 1 Card face down

Monster Zone: 1 –Fig Fighter- ATK position.

Turn 2) Lupin

That is one hell of a level four monster. You’re not the only one who has big time creatures! I draw! Good… I play the spell –Double Summon- which allows me to normal summon twice this turn, so I summon Lunar-Wolf-Volcano (LV4 Beast Fire) and Lunar-Wolf-Ocean (LV4 Beast Water). Since both of these guys are on the field, they both get their effects.

Leo: What!?

Lupin: I play the field spell Wolf Forest-Canis Paradise which increases the ATK and DEF of all Beast, Beast-Warrior, and Warrior monsters by 200 points (Volcano: ATK/DEF 1950/0 =>2150/200 | Ocean: ATK/DEF 0/1950=>200/2150.) Then, I activate Ocean’s effect. Once per turn, I gain 200 life points for each card on the field with “Lunar” or “Wolf” in its name. I have three so I gain 600 life points. (8000+600=8600.) Now, Volcano, attack his Fig Fighter!

Leo: I activate my face down! Magic Cylinder! I negate your wolf’s attack and inflict damage equal to its attack back at you! (8600-2150=6450)

Lupin is hit by a the cylinder’s counter. Huff, huff Still here…and I play my final face down. Your move.

Lupin’s stats:

Hand: 1 Card Life points: 6450 (Graveyard list: Double Summon)

Field:

Field Spell: Wolf Forest-Canis Paradise

Spell/Trap Zone: 2 face downs.

Monster Zone: 1 –Lunar-Wolf-Volcano- and 1 –Lunar-Wolf-Ocean-, both in ATK position.

Turn 3) Leo

You’re not as good as I was hoping for. Oh well. I draw. Next I summon Fig Synchro (Insect / Tuner LV3 Earth ATK 300 DEF 300) and because I have an insect type monster on my side of the field, its star level becomes four instead of three. Now I Synchronize both my Fig Fighter and Fig Synchro to Synchro Summon my Fig Crasher (LV8 Wind Plant/Synchro ATK: 2750 DEF: 2100) and when this card is Synchro summoned successfully, I can negate the effect of any card activated until the end of the turn.

Lupin: To bad my wolves are already active.

Leo: But your face downs are something else. Now Fig Crasher, attack his Lunar-Wolf-Volcano! Fig Crasher binds Volcano with its green vine arms and crushes him into glowing virtual dust. (2750-2150=600 damage) (Lupin’s life points: 6450-600=5850) Now I play 2 cards face down, and end my turn.

Leo’s Stats:

Hand: 2 Life points: 8000 (Graveyard list: Magic Cylinder, Fig Fighter, Fig Synchro)

Field:

Spell/Trap Zone: 2 cards face down

Monster Zone: 1 –Fig Crasher- in ATK position.

Turn 4) Lupin

All right, time for some pay back. I draw and play the spell card Lunar-Punishment!

Leo: Wait a minute; you let me inflict damage to you.

Lupin: Of course, because now with this card, I can Special Summon 1 “Lunar” monster from my hand, deck or graveyard that has an ATK equal to or less than the difference between our life points meaning I can summon a monster with 2150 ATK or less so I summon Lunar-Pup-Fang! (LV2 Light Beast/Tuner ATK:200 DEF:200)

Leo: That’s it? You spent all your life points for a pathetic puppy?

Lupin: I guess you wont mind me Synchro Summoning.

Leo: What?!

Lupin: When my pup is special summoned, if it use it in a Synchro Summon during that same turn, its level is treated as 3 instead of two. I Synchronize my pup and Ocean to Synchro Summon Lunar-Frozen Sea (LV7 Water Beast/Synchro ATK/DEF: 2500/1900) and because of its special effect, I can Special Summon 1 Water, LV4 or lower “Lunar” monster from my grave to my side of the field. Come on back Lunar-Wolf-Ocean in DEF mode. Plus, there’s more. I activate Wolf-Parade! I can only activate this card when I successfully Special summon 1 or more “Lunar” monster(s). I pay 2000 life points to Special summon 2 other “Lunar” monsters from my deck (Lupin’s life points: 5850=>3850). Say hello to Lunar-Wolf-Hurricane (LV4 Wind Beast ATK/DEF: 1700/1200) and Lunar-Wolf-Underworld (LV4 Dark Beast ATK/DEF: 1600/1600) and they get all get a power boost (Frozen Sea: ATK/DEF 2500/1900=>2700/2100 | Hurricane: ATK/DEF 1700/1200=>1900/1400 | Underworld: ATK/DEF 1600/1600=>1800/1800 | Ocean: ATK/DEF 0/1950=>200/2150). Now I use Hurricane’s effect, since Underworld is on my side of the field. I pay 500 points to return Fig Crasher to the top of your deck. (Lupin’s life points:3850->3350)”

Leo: This is not good…

Lupin: Then I use Ocean’s effect to increase my life points by 200 points for each “Lunar” card on my side of the field (Lupin’s life points: 3350+1000=4350). Now, I use my field’s special ability. I tribute my Lunar wolves Ocean, Hurricane and Underworld to Fusion Summon Lunar-Pack B-Scavenger Wolf Group (LV8, Wind Fusion/Beast ATK/DEF: 3000/3000) and activate his second effect. I gain 100 life points for each “Lunar” card in my grave (4350+600=4950). My wolf group also gets a 200 point boost. (ATK/DEF 3000/3000=>3200/3200) Pack B, attack directly!

Leo: I activate my face down, Negate Attack!

Lupin: Fine, so I can’t attack you this turn. I play 1 card face down and end my turn.

Lupin’s Stats

Hand: 0 Life points: 4950 (Grave list: Double Summon, ((Lunar-) Wolf-Volcano, Punishment, Pup-Fang, Wolf-Ocean, Wolf-Hurricane, Wolf-Underworld) Wolf Parade!)

Field:

Spell/Trap Zone: 2 cards face down

Monster Zone: 1 –Lunar-Pack B-Scavenger Wolf Group, 1 –Lunar-Frozen Sea-, both in ATK position.

Turn 5) Leo

Well, I have to hand it to you, Lupin. You surprised me with these big time creatures. I draw. Now, this draw would’ve have stalled me…

Lupin: Huh?

Leo: If I did not have this in on the field. I activate Reckless Greed and draw two cards.

Lupin: Now you won’t be able to draw for the next 2 turns.

Leo: Normally, but it it’s not necessary since I play the Ritual Spell Fig Roots.

Lupin: Wait a minute…I…helped you?

Leo: Oh yeah. I use Fig Crasher as the card to Ritual summon one of my powerful creatures, True Fig Queen (LV8 Wind Insect/Ritual ATK/DEF: 3000/1800.) Once per turn I can place up to 3 fig counter on a Plant/Insect type monster including her so I place 3 fig counters on her. Now I summon Fig Fruit (LV3 Earth Plant ATK/DEF: 100/100). I play 1 card face down. Now I end my turn.

Leo’s Stats

Hand: 0 Life points: 8000 (Grave list: Magic Cylinder, Fig Fighter, Fig Synchro, Negate Attack, Reckless Greed, Fig Roots, Fig Crasher)

Field:

Spell/Trap Zone: 1 card face down

Monster Zone: 1 –True Fig Queen-, 1 –Fig Fruit-, both in ATK position.

Turn 6) Lupin

Okay! I draw and summon Lunar-Pup-Wolfy (LV3 Earth Beast ATK/DEF: 300/300) and I activate the trap card Lunar-Instinct! I can only activate this card when I have a “Lunar-Pup” on my side of the field. I pay 1500 life points (4950-1500=3450) and draw the top three cards of my deck.

Leo: You’re leading yourself to an early grave. You’re inflicting more damage to yourself than you are to me.

Lupin: And for good reason. This deck is a double edge sword, but I’ve made it a single edge.

Leo: What do you mean?

Lupin: This is what I mean. These are the cards I drew. Lunar-Werewolf-Sunlight (LV4 Light, Beast-Warrior ATK/DEF: 1700/1700), Lunar-Wolf-Heaven (LV4 Light Beast ATK/DEF: 1600/1600) and Barricade Wolf (LV4 Earth Beast ATK/DEF: 1200/1900)! I get to Special Summon two of these so I summon both Barricade Wolf and Lunar-Wolf-Heaven in DEF mode while you lose 800. (Leo: 8000-800=7200) Not only that but they too get a power boost. (Barricade: ATK/DEF 1200/1900=>1400/2100 | Heaven: ATK/DEF 1600/1600=>1800/1800 | Wolfy: ATK/DEF 300/300=>500/500.)

Leo: Big deal. You’re still to low in life points than me.

Lupin: Not for long. I use my Lunar Pack’s second ability and gain 700 points (3450+700=4150). Then, I activate my Barricade Wolf‘s special ability. By paying 500 life points I can return 1 spell or trap card from my grave back to my hand. (Lupin’s life points: 4150-500=3650) Now, my wolf pack, attack his queen!

Leo: I activate my continuous trap, Fig Based E. Chain! I can only activate this card while there is at least 1 Insect and 1 Plant type monster on my side of the field. Each time, they would be destroyed by battle, I negate their destruction and increase their ATK by 100 points for each fig counter they had. My queen has just become stronger. (Queen: ATK 3000=>3300). (Leo’s Life points: 7200-200=7000)

I play 1 card face down and end my turn.

Lupin’s Stats

Hand 1 Life points: 3650 (Grave list: Double Summon, ((Lunar-) Wolf-Volcano, Pup-Fang, Wolf-Ocean, Wolf-Hurricane, Wolf-Underworld, Instinct) Wolf Parade!)

Field:

Spell/Trap Zone: 1 card face down.

Monster Zone: ATK position->(1 –Lunar-Pack B-Scavenger Wolf Group, 1 –Lunar-Frozen Sea-, 1 –Lunar-Pup-Wolfy-)

DEF position->(1 –Lunar-Wolf-Heaven-, 1 –Barricade Wolf-)

Turn 7) Leo

You left yourself wide open for an attack. I can’t draw, but it doesn’t mean I can’t defeat you. I use my queen’s effect and place 3 fig counter on her again. Now, my queen, attack his Puppy! Lunar-Pup-Wolfy whimpers as it’s attacked by the huge bee like monster. The queen strikes the pup with her sharp poisonous stinger and the pup glows into glowing virtual star glitter.

Lupin: Thanks! My pup’s special ability kicks in. When it is destroyed, I can special summon 1 LV4 “Lunar” monster from my hand or deck so I summon Lunar-Werewolf-Sunlight from my hand! He gains a power boost. (Sunlight: ATK/DEF 1700/1700=>1900/1900)

Leo: But look at the price. (Lupin’s life points: 3650-2800=850) I end my turn and it looks like you won’t be in the game for much longer.

Leo’s Stats

Hand Life points: 7000 (Grave List: Magic Cylinder, Fig Fighter, Fig Synchro, Negate Attack, Reckless Greed, Fig Roots, Fig Crasher)

Field

Spell/Trap: 1 –Fig Based E. Chain-

Monster Zone: 1 –True Fig Queen-, 1 –Fig Fruit-, both in ATK position.

Turn 8) Lupin

Let’s see where you stand. You can’t draw and you only have two monsters backed up by 1 trap card on your side of the field.

Leo: So?

Lupin: So, you can’t do anything. I draw, use my field’s Special ability and tribute both Lunar-Wolf-Heaven and Lunar-Werewolf-Sunlight in order to Fusion Summon Lunar-Guardian-Dawn (LV6 Light Beast-Warrior/Fusion ATK/DEF 2000/2000), he gets a power boost (Dawn: ATK/DEF 2000/2000=>2200/2200) and I activate his effect. Once per turn, I can destroy two face up cards on the field.

Leo: Wait, that means…

Lupin: Say good bye to your trap and you queen. A ray of light blasts Leo’s True Fig Queen and Fig Based E. Chain. Both vanish from the field. Let’s finish this. I switch –Barricade Wolf- from DEF to ATK position.

Leo: No…

Lupin: Attack and destroy his last monster Barricade Wolf! Barricade Wolf head buts the piece of fruit into oblivion. Now, Lunar-Frozen Sea attack directly. Frozen Sea conjures up steam into his left hand. He sprints swiftly half way the arena and then jumps in the air. He lands striking an explosively cold blast at Leo. (Leo’s Life points: 7000-2700=4300) Lunar-Guardian-Dawn attack directly! Dawn grasps his blade. He makes his way to Leo and delivers a blinding slash at his life points. (4300-2200=2100) Leo falls down onto his knees. Finally, Lunar-Pack B-Scavenger Wolf Group, end this duel! The three wolves sprint down to Leo and each take a bite of his remaining life points. Leo’s life points drop to 0 and the monsters fade away.

Winner: Lupin

Loser: Leo

After the match:

Leo: Hee hee. Nice match there Lupin. But you are so beat. Leo began to stand up. There is no way you will beat your next opponent.

Lupin: What makes you so sure?

Leo: You won’t be facing off against Joey. You will be facing off against Z.

Lupin: Z?

Leo: The one who is also know as the “Universe Duelist”. He will beat you cold.

Lupin: We’ll see about that.

Leo: Yes, you will. You will. Leo vanishes without a trace.

--

More to come, more to come! If you guys like this match, then I will post the next one!

So, what’d ya think?

:?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I needed to pre edit but I'm done. Chap 2.

---

[spoiler=Chapter 2]

Flashback:

Leo: There is no way you will beat your next opponent.

Lupin: What makes you so sure?

Leo: You won’t be facing off against Joey. You will be facing off against Z.

Lupin: Z?

Leo: The one who is also know as the Universe Duelist. He will beat you cold.

Lupin: We’ll see about that.

Leo: Yes, you will. You will. Leo vanishes without a trace.

End of flashback.

Two days after Lupin’s duel with Leo…

Lupin stared at the sky from his apartment window. He had searched the Internet for more information about the tournament.

Lupin recalled the letter he received from Leo three days before their match.

“Lupin, I challenge you to a duel, three days from now in the Dark Alley. You are part of something great, but I want to test you myself. It has been said that certain duelists around the world will be chosen to participate in a certain tournament. You appeared on the roster and are my first opponent. Each time you win a duel, your duel disk obtains a special code that will help you go to the tournament finals. You don’t need to know anything else. After all, you will lose against me when we meet.”

The letter was quick, simple, and got straight to the point. After the match, Lupin went online and researched about the tournament until late at night. He had found out a few things. The tournament was an underground tournament that played out worldwide. There was a cash prize and some recognition for whoever won the tournament. Lupin did not care much about the tournament as a whole but he could not get the idea of his brother just disappearing into thin air, like he was a ghost or was never there in the first place. Needing to cool down from all of this, he decided to take a drink of coke and then left his apartment. He took his duel disk and his deck along with him.

Half an hour later he was at a spring in the center of town. Not many people came there that late of night and it was a really calming scene. The stars were out and the panorama was something of a relaxing sight. Lupin heard the creaking of foot steps coming his way.

Lupin: Who is it?

Silence played out for a while until it was broken by a familiar voice.

Zack: Hey Lupin. I guess you needed to cool down again, huh?

It was Zack, a close friend of Lupin.

Lupin: Oh, it’s just you Zack. So, what are you doing here?

Zack: I’ve come to face you.

Lupin: Huh?

Zack: Draw out your duel disk Lupin.

Lupin: Wait a minute, are you challenging me? That’s fine, but what’s with the serious face?

Zack: Lupin, I’m the Universal Duelist. I’m Z.

Lupin: Wait a minute…That means that you’re my…

Zack: Next opponent in order to advance in the tournament.

Lupin: Well, what do you know…

Zack Are you gonna draw you disk or do you forfeit?

Lupin takes out his duel disk.

Lupin: Since when have I ever backed down from a challenge?

Zack: That’s more like it.

Lupin: Why are you acting so serious Zack? You were never like this.

Zack: Let’s begin the duel. Beat me, and maybe then I will tell you what you need to know.

Lupin: Fine, let’s duel!

Hand Count: Lupin (Me) 5, Zack 5

Life point count: Lupin: 8000, Zack: 8000

Turn 1) Lupin:

I start things off. I draw! This’ll do for now. I summon Lunar-Werewolf-Sand (LV4 Earth Beast-Warrior ATK/DEF: 1950/500) in ATK mode. Then I play two cards face down and end my turn.

Hand: 3 cards Life points: 8000 (Grave list: none)

Field:

Spell/Trap Zone: 2 cards face down.

Monster Zone: 1 LunarWerewolfSand in ATK mode.

Turn 2) Zack:

I’ll show you why I have the title o the Universal Duelist. I draw! Next, I play Double Summon which allows me to summon twice this turn. I summon Ban’yuu Beast-Star Snake (LV3 Water Star/Tuner ATK/DEF: 400/100) and Ban’yuu Beast-Star Monkey (LV3 Light Star/Tuner ATK/DEF: 450/50)! Then I synchronize both of these guys to Synchro summon Celestial Beast (LV6 Light Star/Synchro ATK/DEF: 2350/2100)

Lupin: Wait a minute! You used a tuner and another tuner! You can’t do that!

Zack: It’s the effect of my Ban’yuu Beast creatures. For a Star type Synchro summon, they can be treated as either Tuner or Non tuner type monsters. I might as well tell you my Celestial Beast‘s effect. Whenever it destroys a monster as a result of battle, I gain life points equal to half of the destroyed creatures ATK. Now, Celestial Beast, attack his werewolf!

Lupin: I activate my trap! Lunar-Eclipse-Red Crescent Moon! I negate your Celestial Beast‘s attack, increase the ATK of my werewolf by 600 points (1950+600=2550) and equip him with this card.

Zack: Not bad. I play two cards face down and end my turn.

Hand: 1 Life points: 8000 Grave List: none

Extra Deck: ((Ban’yuu Beast-Star-) Snake, Monkey)

Field:

Spell/Trap: 2 cards face down.

Monster Zone: 1 Celestial Beast in ATK mode.

Turn 3) Lupin:

So, I take it your Ban’yuu Beasts go to your extra deck if they are destroyed right?

Zack: Only if they are used in a Synchro summon.

Lupin: Thanks for the info. I draw. Next, I summon Lunar-Werewolf-Gust and because I normal summoned successfully, I activate Wolf Parade! I pay 3000 life points in order to Special Summon two LV6 Lunar Fusion Monsters from my extra deck (80003000=5000). I summon Lunar-Guardian-Dusk (LV6 Dark Beast-Warrior/Fusion ATK/DEF: 2000/2000) and Lunar-Guardian-Tempest (LV6 Wind Beast-Warrior/Fusion ATK/DEF: 1900/2100). I use Dusk’s effect to destroy 2 face down cards on the field. Say good bye to your face downs!

The faces down cards blackened and reveal the face downs. Star Flare and Universal Future Sight. Both cards fade from the field.

Lupin: Now I activate my Tempest’s effect. I return Celestial Beast to the top of your deck!

A tornado surrounds the beast and shifts him into a glowing orb. The orb fires itself back to Zack’s duel disk. Now, everyone attacks directly!

Zack: Not so fast! I activate the trap card Star Shield!

Lupin: You can’t activate that trap from your hand!

Zack: I can since I have two Ban’yuu Beasts in my extra deck. By discarding two cards from my hand or deck to the grave, I can end the battle phase. Then, I can special summon 1 Ban’yuu Beast from my extra deck to the field so I summon my snake back to my side of the field.

Lupin: Nice move. I’ll end by playing 2 cards face down.

Hand 1 Life points: 5000 (Grave list: Wolf-Parade!)

Field:

Spell/Trap Zone: 2 face downs, 1 Lunar-Eclipse-Red Crescent Moon equipped to –Lunar-Werewolf-Sand

Monster Zone: (1 (Lunar-Guardian-) Dusk, Tempest), 1 ((Lunar-Werewolf-) Gust, Sand) all in ATK mode.

Turn 4) Zack:

I draw. Next I activate the spell card Celestial Contract! During this turn only, I can discard a Star type monster from my hand that is LV6 or lower and draw cards equal to its star level. Thank you for returning my Celestial Beast.

Lupin: Hmmm….

Zack: Now, I summon Ban’yuu Beast-Star Fish (LV3 Water Star/Tuner ATK/DEF: 600/0) and then activate the spell Similar Summon. This card allows me to summon a monster that has the same type and star level from my hand as a monster I summoned this turn at the price of 1500 life points. (80001500=6500) I summon Ban’yuu Beast-Star Phoenix (LV3 Fire Star/Tuner ATK/DEF: 600/0). Now I have three Ban’yuu Beasts on my side of the field. I Synchronized them to Synchro summon Universe – Fire (LV9 Fire Star/Synchro ATK/DEF: 3000/3000). When this card is summoned successfully, I destroy 2 cards on the field. Let’s destroy your face downs.

Lupin’s face down cards catch on fire and reveal what they were. Lunar-Howling-Song of the Moon and Lunar-Barrier.

Lupin: No!

Zack: Now, before I attack, I have to let you know something. I have four Ban’yuu Beasts in my extra deck and it’s taking up room. I activate Expanding Space: Extra Deck which makes my extra deck size 30 instead of 15 until the end of this duel. Now, let’s go to my turf. I activate the field spell Galactic Panorama This card gets the following effects depending on the amount of Ban’yuu Beasts I have in my extra deck. (If 1) Increase the ATK/DEF of all monsters on the field by 300 points. (If 2) Increase the ATK/DEF of all Star type monsters by 300 points. (If 3) Increase the ATK/DEF of all Ban’yuu Beasts on the field by 800 points. (If 4+) Increase the ATK/DEF of all my monsters by 1200 points and Ban’yuu Beast monster I control cannot be destroyed as a result of battle.

Lupin: So that means…

Zack: My Universe creature gets a hell of a power boost. (Fire ATK/DEF: 3000/3000 (+300/+300) (+300/+300) (+1200/+1200)>4800/4800) Your creatures get a power boost too, just not as much…Now, Universe – Fire attack his Lunar-Werewolf-Gust.

Universe – Fire casts a swarm of ember surrounding Lunar-Wolf-Gust. Gust howls his last howl just before being buried in the ember swarm, turning into a million glittering stars of virtual dust. (4800800=4000 damage) (Lupin’s life points: 50004000=1000)

Zack: Now I activate my Ban’yuu Beast-Star Fish‘s effect. For each Ban’yuu Beast in my extra deck, I gain 50 life points. Ban’yuu Beast-Star Phoenix is the same except you lose 50 life points for each of them. (Zack’s life points: 6500+ (4x50) =6700) (Lupin’s life points: 1000(4x50) =800) Now, just one more attack and you’ll go bye bye. I end my turn.

Hand: 1 card Life points:6700 (Grave list: Double Summon, Universal Future Sight, Star Flare, Star Shield, The Universe, The End, Celestial Contract, Celestial Beast, Similar Summon, Expanding Space: Extra Deck)

Extra Deck: ((Ban’yuu Beast-Star-) Monkey, Snake, Phoenix, Fish)

Field: Galactic Panorama

Spell/Trap Zone: 0 cards

Monster Zone: 1 Universe – Fire in ATK mode.

Turn 5) Lupin

No wonder you’re known as the Universal Duelist…Okay, this is going to be a hard situation to get out of. I draw. Lupin takes a look at the card he drew. No…way! Lets make your field go away. I play Wolf Forest-Canis Paradise! Now your monster goes back to its original ATK/DEF points and my beasts get their power boosts. (Tempest ATK/DEF: 1900/2100>2100/2300 | Dusk ATK/DEF: 2000/2000>2200/2200 | Sand ATK/DEF: 2550/500> 2750/700) But I’m still not on the safe side. I now that I have my field up, I can play this quick-play spell card! Lunar-Howling-Clan Restoring! I can only activate this card while I have at least 2 Lunar monsters on my side of the field, and have 3000 or more life points less than my opponent. I draw 1 card for each Lunar monster on my side of the field and gain 700 life points for each card I drew by this effect. At the end of the turn, however, I must destroy 2 cards on my side of the field.

Zack: Looks like you saved yourself…barely.

Lupin: Yeah. I gain 2100 life points (800+2100=2900) and draw 3 cards. Looks like I’m going to stay even longer. I play the continuous spell card Lunar-Crest-Wolf Markings. This card increases my life points each time I summon a Lunar monster onto my side of the field by 500 and when I fusion summon a Lunar monster I gain 800. I summon Lunar-Wolf-Drought (LV4 Earth Beast ATK/DEF: 1200/1700) (2900+500=3400) and then fuse both him and Lunar-Werewolf-Sand to summon Lunar-Guardian-Desert (LV6 Earth Beast-Warrior/Fusion ATK/DEF: 2400/1600) (3400+800=4200) and because Lunar-Eclipse-Red Crescent Moon was destroyed and sent to the graveyard, I can return 1 card from my grave to the bottom of my deck.

Lupin selects Lunar-Howling-Clan Restoring and places it on the bottom of his deck.

Lupin: Now, for the last card in my hand. I activate the spell card Lunar-Punishment! I can special summon a Lunar monster from my hand, deck or graveyard that has ATK equal to or less than the difference between our life points. (67004200=2500) I summon Elder Wolf (LV4 Light Beast ATK/DEF: 800/800) and he increase the ATK/DEF of all my Beast and Beast-Warrior type monsters (except itself) by 400 points. (4200+500=4700) (Tempest ATK/DEF: 2100/2300>2500/2800 | Dusk ATK/DEF: 2200/2200>2600/2600 | Desert ATK/DEF: 2400/1600> 2600/1800 (with field)>3000/2200 | Elder ATK/DEF: 800/800>1000/1000 (with field)) Now, Desert, attack Universe – Fire!

Zack: But they’ll destroy themselves!

Lupin: That’s the point.

Both Desert and Universe – Fire collide together, and are destroyed from the field.

Lupin: Now thanks to his effect, I can special summon one of the monsters that was used to fusion summon him. Come on back Lunar-Werewolf-Sand! (Sand ATK/DEF: 1950/500>2150/700 (with field)>2550/1100) (Lupin’s life points: 4700+500=5200) Now you’re wide open. Elder Wolf, attack directly!

The old wolf howls a cry and inflicts damage to Zack. (Zack’s life points: 67001000=5700)

Lupin: Lunar-Guardian-Tempest, attack directly!

Tempest calls forth the power of wind onto his spear and launches it at Zack with all his might. (Zack’s life points: 57002500=3200)

Lupin: Dusk, attack directly!

Dusk surrounds himself with the powers of darkness and focuses it all on his eight daggers. He launches all of them at Zack. (Zack’s life points: 32002600=600)

Lupin: Final attack Lunar-Werewolf-Sand!

The werewolf ferociously sprints toward Zack and impales him with his hammer. Zack’s life points go all the way to 0 and all the monsters fade from the scene.

Loser: Zack

After the match:

Zack: If it wasn’t for that one card of yours, Lupin, I would’ve won.

Lupin: Talk about luck, right?

Zack: I haven’t got much time now. Here…

Zack hands Lupin his deck.

Zack: You’re gonna need it. This tournament is much more than a tournament. The people from the roster were cursed into dueling shadow games. The winner continues his life here on earth while the loser is sent to the shadow realm. Believe me Lupin. You’re in danger but you have keep dueling in order to save our lives. If you win, then you can free us, but if you lose, you’ll win the tournament but you’ll be stuck in the shadow realm forever.

Zack begins to fade.

Zack: Please Lupin. They’ve already taken Lucy and Chad.

Zack fades away with his final words:

You’re one of our last hopes…

Lupin: Zack? Zack!

---

Hope you guys enjoyed this so far! More matches to come, if you guys want.

I guess I can do a few spoilers. Here's Chap 3

[spoiler=Chapter 3]

Third Match

The sun made its way into the city, banning all the stars from the sky until the dusk. Lupin still stayed there, in the middle of town, holding onto Zack’s deck.

Lupin: Why did they choose us? Why did we not have a say in this?

Lupin couldn’t answer those questions himself so he brushed the idea aside. He would have to duel to get more answers. He went back to his apartment and laid down all of Zack’s cards. After an hour or so of studying Zack’s deck, he realized why the deck worked so well in the first place. More so, he was surprised that Zack had both a Blue-Eyes White Dragon and a Red-Eyes B. Dragon on his deck. To top it off, he had somehow managed to get Blue-Eyes Dust Dragon and Red-Eyes Coal Dragon, the advanced and more powerful forms of the cards. Lupin combined his deck with Zack’s. Zack left me with his deck, knowing I would need it in future duels.

Lupin: Might as well use it to increase my chances of success. After all, that last match I won only because I drew out my field. I can’t let that happen again, for maybe next time I won’t be as lucky.

Lupin picked up his new hybrid deck.

Computer: You got mail. You got mail.

Lupin made his way to his computer and opened the online letter. He began reading.

Lupin: You have been invited to attend the grand opening ceremony of the new duelist game shop on the east side of town. You have also been selected as the mystery price winner of a special set of cards. We hope to see you attend this ceremony at mid day.

Current shop owner,

Dane Moto

Lupin thought deeply at the invitation. He had read about the card shop a few weeks ago and that it was scheduled to be finished just about this week. Seeing as there was nothing wrong with what was being given to him at hand, Lupin decided to go attend the ceremony. Only so many things could go wrong. By mid day, he had reached the store. It was quite noisy. The crowd was waiting for the grand opening ceremony and he could tell that they were anxious to get into the building. Within a few moments, the ribbon was cut. Everyone made their way to the store and then Lupin managed to see the stores exterior perfectly well. It was bigger than he expected. The structure was at four stories high and the width of the store seemed to be at least eighty to a hundred yards wide. How could he have not seen the structure was beyond his understanding; but he ignored it and went inside. He was greeted and within minutes and met Mr. Moto.

Mr. Moto: Hello, Mr. Lupin! So how’ve you been?

Lupin: Good, good. I see the store s a success.

Mr. Moto: Oh yes, but I’m sure you’re just here to get your prize. Well come on. Follow me.

Lupin followed the man to the third floor. There was nobody there except for a few other shoppers.

Mr. Moto: Here we are. You have won a set of some of the most powerful trap, spell and monster cards in the duel monsters gaming industry. Take a look.

Lupin found a multitude of monsters, traps and spell card he had heard about but never seen before.

Lupin: What’s the catch?

Mr. Moto: No catch. But there is someone who would like to meet you. I don’t know why, but this fellow seemed quite interested in meeting you. Oh! There he is.

Lupin turned to see a behemoth of a man walking straight towards both of them. Lupin noticed that he had a duel disk.

Behemoth: Are you Lupin… said the Behemoth.

Lupin: What if I am?

Behemoth: You. My Next opponent. Duel.

The man stomped his feet sending a shockwave that made Mr. Moto fall back. Lupin held his ground. Now!

Mr. Moto Hey, hey, hey! You guys can’t duel here. That’s what the fourth floor is for!

Behemoth: Fine. You. Go to fourth floor. Me defeat you there.

Lupin: We’ll see.

Mr. Moto: Okay, you two…follow me.

Lupin and the behemoth followed Mr. Moto to the fourth floor. Lupin was stunned by the advanced facility there. Almost everything was glowing. Metallic colors also filled the room.

Behemoth: Okay. Now. Duel!

Lupin: Yeah. Lets!

Mr. Moto: I’m going to make this duel live.

Mr. Moto went to a control panel. He clicked a few switches and button.

Meanwhile down stairs, hologram panels filled the store. They were broadcasting the fourth floors dueling facility as well as the players.

Guy 1: Hey look! A duel is being played! Let’s see!

Hand Count: Lupin 5, Behemoth 5

Life Point count: Lupin: 8000, Behemoth: 8000

Turn 1) Behemoth

Me go first. Draw. Me summons –Thunder Striker (LV4 Light Thunder ATK/DEF: 1000/1000). Next, play two cards face down. Your move.

Hand 3 Life points: 8000 (Grave list: none)

Field:

Monster Zone: 1 –Thunder Striker in ATK mode.

Turn 2) Lupin

My move. I draw! Thanks Zack. I won’t let you down! I play the spell card Expanding Space: Extra Deck which makes my Extra deck size 30 instead of 15 until the end of the duel. Now I activate Double Summon! In order to summon both Lunar-Wolf-Volcano (LV4 Fire Beast ATK/DEF 1950/0) and Ban’yuu Beast-Star Dino (LV3 Earth Star/Tuner ATK/DEF: 0/600). I use both of them to Synchro Summon Lunar-Pyro Fang! (LV7 Fire Beast-Warrior/Synchro ATK/DEF: 2500/1900) Whenever he is summoned successfully, I can Special Summon 1 Fire Lunar monster from my grave. Welcome back Lunar-Wolf-Volcano! Now, since my Ban’yuu Beast is in my Extra deck, I can activate his effect. Once per turn, by paying 800 Life points, I can destroy 1 Spell or Trap card on my opponent’s side of the field. (Lupin’s Life points: 8000-800=7200) Say good bye to the card on your first Spell/Trap Zone.

Behemoth’s card begins to glow and reveals it. Electrical Surge (This card can only be activated while there is a Thunder type monster on your side of the field. Equip this card to a monster on your side of the field. It gains 500 ATK points. When that monster is destroyed and sent to the graveyard, special summon 2 LV4 or lower Thunder type monsters from your deck to the field in face down DEF position.) The card is destroyed and sent to the grave.

Lupin: Now, Volcano, attack his Thunder Striker!

Lunar-Wolf-Volcano surrounds Thunder Striker in a fury of flames. –Thunder Striker is then destroyed into a million particles of virtual dust.

Behemoth: Me activate Thunder Striker effect. If he destroyed by battle, me can summon another Thunder Striker from deck to the field. Now activate trap, Judgment of Thunder. Me can activate this card only when me summons Thunder type monster(s). Me destroy your Lunar-Pyro Fang.

A thunder bolt strikes Pyro Fang and shocks him into glowing particles.

Lupin: Okay then, at the least I play one card face down and end my turn.

Hand 1 Life points: 7200 (Grave list: Expanding Space: Extra Deck, Double Summon, Lunar-Pyro Fang)

Extra Deck: ((Ban’yuu Beast-Star) Dino)

Field:

Monster Zone: 1 Lunar-Wolf-Volcano in ATK mode.

Turn 3) Behemoth

Me turn. Me hurt you now. Tribute Thunder Striker. Summon Zaborg the Thunder Monarch (LV6 Light Thunder ATK/DEF: 2400/1000). Because me tribute summoned him, me destroy one monster on your side. Destroy Lunar-Wolf-Volcano.

Zaborg charges thunder into his palms, and then unleashes a thunder bolt at Volcano. Volcano is destroyed.

Lupin: I activate the trap card, Just In Case! I can only activate this card while I have less than four cards on my side of the field and my opponent destroys one or more of those cards. I draw three cards and activate the corresponding effects to the cards I drew: Trap: Send two cards from your opponent’s hand to the graveyard. Spell: I gain 1000 Life points. Monster: Special Summon that monster ignoring the summoning conditions (if any).

Lupin draws the three top cards from his deck.

Lupin: Looks like I gain 1000 Life points. (7200+1000=8200) I also Special summon two monsters. Say hello to Lunar-Wolf-Ocean and Lunar-Wolf-Drought, both in DEF mode.

Behemoth: Don’t care. Zaborg, attack Lunar-Wolf-Drought.

Zaborg strikes Drought with a bolt of lightning, turning him into virtual dust.

Lupin: Because you attacked him while he was in DEF mode, I gain life points equal to half Zaborg’s ATK. (8200+1200=9400).

Behemoth: Me put card face down. Go.

Hand 2 LIFE POINTS: 8000 (Grave list: (Thunder Striker x 2), Electrical Surge, Judgment of Thunder)

Field:

Spell/Trap Zone: 1 cards face down.

Monster Zone: 1 –Zaborg the Thunder Monarch in ATK mode.

Turn 4) Lupin

I draw! Thanks Zack… I activate the spell Celestial Contract! By sending one Star type monster from my hand to the graveyard, I can draw cards equal to that monster’s star level.

Lupin discards Ban’yuu Beast-Star Phoenix (LV3 Fire Star/Tuner ATK/DEF: 600/0) and draws three new cards.

Lupin: Now I activate the field spell Wolf Forest-Canis Paradise!

Trees sprout from the metallic ground of the fourth floor. A nature filled panorama fills the room.

In the floors below…

Guy 1: Wow! Man, what a duel! I’ve got my money on that Wolf duelist!

Guy 2: No man! That big thunder gum’s got him beat!

Guy 1: Yeah, right! Shut it guys! Let me see the match! Crowd talks, and talks.

Back in the fourth floor…

Lupin: Now all Beast, Beast-Warrior and Warrior type monsters get 200 ATK and DEF points. (Ocean ATK/DEF: 0/1950>200/2150) Next, I summon Ban’yuu Beast-Star Ox (LV3 Earth Star/Tuner ATK/DEF: 300/200). I use Ocean’s effect to gain 200 life points for each Lunar card on my side of the field. I gain 400 life points. (9400+400=9800) Then I use both of these guys to Synchro Summon Lunar-Frozen Sea (LV7 Water Beast-Warrior/Synchro ATK/DEF: 2500/1900). He gets a power boost (Frozen Sea ATK/DEF: 2500/1900> 2700/2100) and his effect kicks in. When he is summoned successfully, I can Special Summon 1 LV4 or lower Lunar monster from my graveyard back to the field. Welcome back Lunar-Wolf-Ocean! I activate his effect again since he was summoned again. I gain 600 points this time. (9800+600=10400 Life points!!) It’s going to be hard bringing me down. I use my two Ban’yuu Beasts effects, since they’re both in my Extra deck.

Behemoth: Me wonders. How did you get them there?

Lupin: My Ban’yuu Beasts? It’s their effect. When they’re sent to the graveyard by Synchro Summon, they are sent to my Extra Deck instead. Now, I pay 800 Life points to destroy your face down card! (10400800=9600)

Behemoth’s face down card begins to shine and reveals itself. Lightning Cell ((Continuous Trap) This card can only be activated during your main phase 1. Discard 1 card from your hand. Destroy 1 card on each player’s side of the field. Both players then special summon 1 monster card from their decks to their sides of the field. During the end phase, switch control of those monsters Special Summoned by this effect. If this card is removed from the field, destroy all monsters Special Summoned by this effect) is sent to the grave.

Lupin: Then I use my Ox’s effect and pay 500 life points to return 1 card from my grave to my deck. Then I shuffle my deck.

(9600-500=9100) Lupin selects –Just In Case, returns it to his deck and shuffles.

Now, Lunar-Frozen Sea, attack his Zaborg!

Behemoth: Me activates quick play spell, Thunder Collision. When Thunder type monster is attacked, Thunder monster becomes the same ATK power as attacking monster.

Lupin: I don’t understand…

Behemoth: Read card.

Behemoth magnifies the cards details.

Lupin: When a Thunder type monster is selected as an attack target, the attacked Thunder type monster’s ATK become equal to the ATK of the attacking monster until the end of the turn.

Behemoth: Both destroyed.

Lunar-Frozen Sea and Zaborg collide and are destroyed.

Lupin: Frozen Sea’s effect kicks in! When he is destroyed, I can return either one Tuner or Lunar monster from my grave to my side of the field. Say hello to Ban’yuu Beast-Star Phoenix! Then I synchronize Phoenix and Ocean to Synchro Summon Lunar-Beastmaster (LV7 Earth Beast-Warrior/Synchro ATK/DEF: 2500/1900) who gains a few points, (Beastmaster ATK/DEF: 2500/1900>2700/2100) and allows me to Special Summon 1 Earth LV4 or lower Lunar monster from my grave to the field. Lupin summons Lunar-Wolf-Drought in DEF mode who gains a 200 points boost. (Drought ATK/DEF: 1200/1700>1400/1900) Finally, I activate my Phoenix’s effect so you lose 150 LIFE POINTS (Behemoth’s life points: 8000-150=7850). I play one card face down. Your move.

Hand 0 LIFE POINTS: 9100 (Grave list: Expanding Space: Extra Deck, Double Summon, ((Lunar)Pyro Fang, Frozen Sea) ((LunarWolf)Volcano, Ocean))

Extra Deck: ((Ban’yuu BeastStar)Dino, Ox, Phoenix)

Field: Wolf ForestCanis Paradise

Spell/Trap Zone: 0 card face down.

Monster Zone: 1 –LunarBeastmaster in ATK mode. 1 –LunarWolfDrought in DEF mode.

Turn 5) Behemoth

Me draw. Me play spell, Shockwaves, Radiowaves. You read. Behemoth magnifies the card’s details.

Lupin: This card can only be activate while you have at least 1 Thunder type monster on your graveyard and 1000 points less than your opponent. Special summon 2 LV4 or lower Thunder type monsters from your deck to your side of the field.

Me summons, Plus 2 Ion (LV3 Light Thunder/Tuner ATK/DEF: 400/900), and Thunder Bolt Archer (LV4 Light Thunder ATK/DEF 1400/1500). Next, me Synchro Summon Voltage Conductor (LV8 Light Thunder/Synchro ATK/DEF: 2600/2000)

Lupin: Wait…three plus four is seven, not eight! How can you summon that Synchro monster?

Behemoth: Effect of Plus 2 Ion. If me have Thunder monster(s) in my grave, his LV gains either +1 or +2 for a Thunder type Synchro Summon. Now me activates Voltage Conductor effect. For each Thunder monster in grave, decrease the ATK of all non-Thunder type monsters by 100 points.

Lupin: Argh! (Beastmaster ATK: 2700>2200 | Drought ATK: 1400>900)

Voltage Conductor attack Lunar-Beastmaster. Voltage Conductor strikes Beastmaster with a thunder bolt. The bolt crashes into Beastmaster and sends a powerful shockwave that shakes the entire panorama. (Lupin’s life points: 9100-400=8700)

Behemoth: Me end turn.

Hand 1 LIFE POINTS: 7850 (Grave list: (Thunder Striker x 2), Electrical Surge, Judgement of Thunder, Zaborg the Thunder Monarch, Thunder Collision, Lightning Cell, (Shockwaves, Radiowaves), Plus 2 Ion, Thunder Bolt Archer)

Field: Wolf ForestCanis Paradise

Spell/Trap Zone: 0 cards face down.

Monster Zone: 1 –Voltage Conductor ATK mode.

Turn 6) Lupin

I draw. I play one card face down and end my turn.

Hand 0 LIFE POINTS: 9100 (Grave list: Expanding Space: Extra Deck, Double Summon, ((Lunar-) Pyro Fang, Beastmaster, Frozen Sea), ((Lunar-Wolf-)Volcano, Ocean))

Extra Deck: ((Ban’yuu Beast-Star) Dino, Ox, Phoenix)

Field: Wolf Forest-Canis Paradise

Monster Zone: 1 Lunar-Wolf-Drought in DEF mode.

Meanwhile in the floors below.

Guy 2: Ha! Told ya that kid was going down. He may have a ton of Life points, but now he’s going to be brought down!

Guy 1: As if. I bet he’s got a super powerful face down that will wipe the floor with this big guy. Heck, he doesn’t even know how to talk clearly!

A girl turns around from in front of them.

Girl: Well they both duel better than both of you two dim wits. That’s for sure. You wouldn’t even last two seconds against either one of them.

Guy 2: Oh! Does that mean you’re asking me out on a date?

Girl: Bug off idiot, but tell you what. If you win against the winner of that match, then I’ll go out. You’re buying though.

Guy 2: Sweet!

Turn 7) Behemoth

Me draw. Me plays spell Ionic Pulse. This card gives 500 ATK and DEF points to a Thunder monster until the end phase of this turn. When card resolves, me gets to draw 2 cards. (Voltage ATK/DEF: 2600/2000>3100/2500) Next, me summons Thunder Art Apprentice (LV3 Light Thunder ATK/DEF: 900/200). Me use his effect. Pay 1000 life points to destroy Lunar-Wolf-Drought. (Behemoth’s life points: 7850-1000=6850)

Lupin: I activate the trap card Star Blessings! I can only activate this card while a monster is destroyed on my side of the field and have at least three Ban’yuu Beast monsters in my Extra Deck. I draw the top card of my deck and reveal it to my opponent. Then I activate the effect that corresponds to the draw card’s type. Spell: Gain Life points equal to half the total damage you take this turn. Trap: Destroy 2 cards on the field. Monster: Draw an additional two cards. This’ll work. Anything I draw is good at this point.

Lupin draws the top card and reveals it to his opponent.

Lupin: The card I drew was Lunar-Werewolf-Sunlight (LV4 Light Beast-Warrior ATK/DEF: 1700/1700) so I draw an additional two cards.

Behemoth: Good. Me still attack directly with creatures.

Voltage conductor sends an electrical charge to Thunder Art Apprentice. The apprentice lunges towards Lupin and inflicts a jolt of electricity at him. (Lupin’s life points: 91003800=5300)

Behemoth: Me end turn so me draw two cards.

Hand 2 Life points: 6850 (Grave list: (Thunder Striker x 2), Electrical Surge, Judgement of Thunder, Zaborg the Thunder Monarch, Thunder Collision, Lightning Cell, (Shockwaves, Radiowaves), Plus 2 Ion, Thunder Bolt Archer, Ionic Pulse)

Monster Zone: 1 Voltage Conductor, 1 Thunder Art Apprentice both in ATK mode.

Turn 8) Lupin

I draw! Wow, Zack. You’re cards always seem to help me. I summon Lunar-Werewolf-Sunlight! Then I play the spell card Similar Summon which allows me to summon a monster that has the same level and type as a monster I summoned this turn, by paying only 1500life points. (Lupin’s life points: 53001500=3800) I summon Lunar-Werewolf-Frost (LV4 Water Beast-Warrior ATK/DEF: 1000/1800). Now I play the spell card Lunar-Punishment! This card allows me to Special Summon a Lunar monster who’s ATK is equal to or less than the difference of our Life points from my hand, deck or graveyard. I can summon a Lunar monster with up to 3050 ATK. I summon Lunar-Wolf-Heaven (LV4 Light Beast ATK/DEF: 1600/1600) from my deck! By the way, I’ve noticed my creatures aren’t having their ATK points decreased.

Behemoth: Voltage effect works in me turn only.

Lupin: Oh. Even better. I use my field’s effect, to fuse Heaven and Sunlight into Lunar-Guardian-Dawn (LV6 Light Beast-Warrior/Fusion ATK/DEF: 2000/2000)! All my creatures get a boost in strength. (Dawn ATK/DEF: 2000/2000>2200/2200 | Frost ATK/DEF: 1000/1800> 1200/2000) I use Dawn’s effect. Once per turn, I can destroy two face up cards on the field so I destroy Voltage Conductor and Thunder Art Apprentice! Both my wolves attack directly! (68502200=4650 | 46501200=3450) I place 1 card face down and end my turn.

Hand 0 LIFE POINTS: 3800 (Grave list: Expanding Space: Extra Deck, Double Summon, ((Lunar-) Pyro Fang, Beastmaster, Frozen Sea), ((Lunar-Wolf-)Volcano, Ocean, Drought, Heaven), Star Blessings, Similar Summon, Lunar-Punishment, Lunar-Werewolf-Sunlight)

Extra Deck: ((Ban’yuu Beast-Star)Dino, Ox, Phoenix)

Monster Zone: 1 Lunar-Werewolf-Frost, 1 Lunar-Guardian-Dawn both in ATK mode.

Turn 9) Behemoth

Me draw. Me remove two Thunder monsters from grave, (Removes both Thunder Striker(s)) to Special Summon Volt Canno – Envoy of Thunder (LV8 Light Thunder ATK/DEF: 3000/2500)!

Lupin: This is bad…

Behemoth: Me use –Volt Canno effect one. Me pay half me life points, (3450/2=1750 (Rounded up)) to summon three Thunder tokens (LV5 Light Thunder ATK/DEF: 1900/2000) in attack mode. Next, me play spell Positive negativity. Me offers all Thunder type tokens to inflict 1000 life points damage per token. (Lupin’s life: 3800-3000=800)

Lupin: Thanks, now I can activate the trap card Ballistic Rebound! By paying half of my Life points and sending 1 card from my side of the field to the graveyard, all damage inflicted to me this turn is also dealt to my opponent.

Behemoth: Oh oh….

Lupin: You lose 3400 Life points. Game over.

All monsters and the panorama fade from the game as the Behemoth’s life points decline to 0.

Loser: The Behemoth

After the match.

Behemoth: Your good. Me go away soon.

The Behemoth walks towards Lupin.

Behemoth: Me give you this.

The man hands him two cards. The Balanced Force and Lunar-Prophecy.

Lupin: Where did you get these?

Behemoth: Me was not stupid one time. Me was cursed by Shadow Realm. Me tied in duel. Those cards were in hand after duel. Me give to you. They will help you one day.

Lupin stared at the cards.

Lupin: Thanks.

Behemoth: Defeat the master. Free us from realm. You are not the only one.

Lupin: Only what?

Behemoth: The only one who can save us.

The behemoth vanished.

Mr. Moto: What just happened? Mr. Moto asked.

Lupin: He vanished…

---

As you can see, I foreshadowed a match between Lupin and the dim wit. I came up with this idea because my cousins were talking about their boyfriends. :P Hope ya’ll enjoyed it. More to come!

On the next episode:

Lupin faces off against Guy 1 (AKA: Jake). How will it turn up? Will his new cards help him face off against this opponent? Tune in to find out.

List of cards that were made as the duels were made:

-Celestial Contract

-Celestial Beast

-Ban'yuu Beast-Star Pheonix (Zombie, Dino, Fish)

-Star Shield

-Thunder Striker

-Volt Canno

-Thunder Art Apprentice

-Voltage Conductor

-Electrical Surge

-Lightning Cell

-Shockwaves, Radiowaves

-Thunder Bolt Archer

-Plus 2 Ion

-Ionic Pulse

-Thunder Collision

-Star Blessings

-Similar Summon

-Expanding Space: Extra Deck

-Ballistic Rebound

-Lunar-Howling-Clan Restoring

Well fought duel. I wonder who the master is' date=' and what does he want with all those puppets he's enslaved

[/quote']

Master...you'll hear about him from time to time.

Yeah! Pretty much. I will post another duel later on today. After the sixth duel, people (members mostly) can aid this fan fic with some of their own creations if they want. All that will be needed will be a character name and a link to the cards that character will use as well as some real cards they wish for me to use along with their creation. The first two members that want to make a few creations for the 7th and 8th duels can post now as well as the links. After those duels are ready, I will post another set up. Then two other members can post if they want their characters and cards posted here. Plz try and set up a game play of the character decks for example:

The Lunar Deck Lupin has is based on diversity. It is to get almost any card for a multitude of situations and a chain in which they become hard to take down in both the mid and end game. You summon a monster, and then work your way up. It's also a deck in which requires one to play with his life points. This makes the duel more exciting...or stressful.

First 2 memb's to post if they want to make a character for those duels can post now!

I guess. Here's Chapter 4

[spoiler=Chapter 4]

Fourth Duel

Lupin went down stairs carrying the two cards the Behemoth had given him while carrying the cards that Mr. Moto gave him. So the shadow realm thing is true. Mr. Moto followed him down into the crowd of people. When they saw Lupin, they began cheering, but the wails stopped as soon as a guy stepped in front of Lupin with a duel disk.

Guy 1: I challenge you to a duel!

Lupin: And you are?

Jake: Name’s Jake Travis, and I’m going to mop the floor with you.

Everyone began booing. Just behind him, a few steps away, was the girl.

Girl: What an idiot, but it will be fun to watch.

Lupin: I never turn down a challenge, and I am not gonna start now.

Crowd: Ooh!

Jake: Shut it kid.

Mr. Moto: If you two are gonna duel, then I guess we have to go back to the fourth floor.

Lupin: Mr. Moto, could we at least duel here just this duel?

Mr. Moto pressed his eyes with his left hand.

Mr. Moto: Fine, but only this duel. Anyone who wants to duel after this match will have to go to the fourth floor, understand!

Jake: Then let’s duel!

Lupin: Yes. Lets

The crowd made way for the duelists, and the duel began.

Hand count: Lupin 5, Jake 5

Life points: Lupin 8000, Jake 8000

Turn 1) Jake:

Let’s start things off. I draw! Next, I summon Valiant Sailor (LV3 Water Warrior ATK/DEF: 1300/800)! Then I play one card face down. Go!

Hand 4 Life points: 8000 (Grave list: none)

Field:

Spell/Trap Zone: 1 face down.

Monster Zone: 1 Valiant Sailor in ATK mode.

Turn 2) Lupin:

I draw. I might as well finish this guy off quick. I play the spell Double Summon which allows me to Normal summon twice this turn. I summon Lunar-Werewolf-Frost (LV4 Water Beast-Warrior ATK/DEF: 1000/1800) and Lunar-Werewolf-Gust (LV4 Wind Beast-Warrior ATK/DEF: 500/1950). Next, I play the spell Similar Summon and pay 1500 life points (Lupin’s life points: 8000-1500=6500) to summon Lunar-Werewolf-Shadow (LV4 Dark Beast-Warrior ATK/DEF: 1700/1700). Since I have Shadow on my side of the field, Gust can return a monster on the field back to the owner’s hand. A gust of wind encircles the Sailor and sends him back to Jake’s hand. Now, I play the field spell Wolf Forest-Canis Paradise! I use one of its effects and tribute all three of my Lunar monsters to fusion summon Lunar-Pack C-Saboteur Wolf Group (LV8 Water Beast-Warrior/Fusion ATK/DEF: 3000/3000) and my wolves get a power boost. (Pack C ATK/DEF: 3000/3000>3200/3200) Attack Jake directly!

Jake: I activate the trap card Scrap-Iron Scarecrow!

Lupin: I negate that card’s effect by using my Lunar-Pack C-Saboteur Wolf Group’s effect. I can pay 500 life points to negate the activation of a spell or trap card and destroy it. (Lupin’s life points: 6500>6000)

The werewolf pack viciously attacks Jake. (Jake’s life points: 8000-3200=4800)

Lupin: Your move.

Hand 0 Life points: 6000 (Grave list: (Double, Similar (Summon)), (Lunar-Werewolf-) Frost, Gust, Shadow))

Spell/Trap Zone: 0 cards.

Monster Zone: 1 Lunar-Pack C-Saboteur Wolf Group in ATK mode.

Turn 3) Jake

You’re going to pay for that! I play the spell card Brain Control!

Lupin: I pay 500 life points to negate it, and destroy it. (Lupin’s Life points: 6000>5500)

Jake: Fine, I summon a monster in face down DEF mode and end my turn.

Hand 3 Life points: 4800 (Grave list: Scrap-Iron Scarecrow, Valiant Sailor, Brain Control)

Monster Zone: 1 monster face down DEF mode.

Turn 4) Lupin

I draw and summon Lunar-Werewolf-Sand (LV4 Earth Beast-Warrior ATK/DEF: 1950/500) who gets a boost. (Sand ATK/DEF: 1950/500>2150/700) Now, Sand, attack his face down!

Jake: I activate the trap Mirror Force!

Lupin: I pay another 500 life points to negate and destroy that trap. (Lupin’s life points: 5500>5000)

Jake: Argh!

Sand destroys Mystical Elf (LV4 Light Spellcaster ATK/DEF: 800/2000)

Lupin: Now, Pack C, attack him directly!

The werewolves strike at Jake’s life points again. (Jake’s life points: 4800>1600)

Lupin: I end my turn.

Hand 0 Life points: 5000 (Grave list: (Double, Similar (Summon)), (Lunar-Werewolf-) Frost, Gust, Shadow))

Spell/Trap Zone: 0 cards.

Monster Zone: 1 –Lunar-Pack C-Saboteur Wolf Group-, 1 –Lunar-Werewolf-Sand- both in ATK mode.

Girl: Looks like you picked the wrong person to duel against, Jake!

Guy 2: Yeah man, you were way over your head.

Jake: Shut up guys!

Turn 5) Jake

Now, I draw. I play the spell card Card-Destruction. Jake discards his three cards and draws three new cards. I play this monster face down and place two cards face down. Go!

Hand 0 Life points: 1200 (Grave list: Scrap-Iron Scarecrow, Valiant Sailor, Brain Control, Card Destruction, Big Bang Shot, Chopman the Desperate Outlaw, United We Stand)

Spell/Trap Zone: 2 card face down.

Turn 6) Lupin

Time to end this duel. I draw. I play the spell card Lunar-Metamorphosis. I pay 800 life points and tribute Lunar-Werewolf-Sand to Special summon Lunar-Guardian-Desert (LV6 Earth Beast-Warrior/Fusion ATK/DEF: 2400/1600) and he gains a boost in strength. (Desert ATK/DEF: 2400/1600>2600/1800) Now, Desert, attack his face down monster!

Jake: Thanks! My face down monster in non other than Pyramid Turtle and when he is destroyed and sent to the graveyard, I can special summon one Zombie Type monster from my deck that has DEF equal to or less than 2000 points!

Lupin: But your monster wasn’t sent to the graveyard.

Jake: What?

Lupin: Desert’s effect. If he destroys a monster, it is sent out of play instead.

Jake: No…no!

Lupin: Pack C, finish him off.

Jake’s life points decline to 0 and the monsters fade.

Loser: Jake

After the match.

Lupin picks up his things. Jake is being laughed at. Lupin walks out the door when Jake runs off, thrashing him aside.

Jake: I’ll get you for this man, if it’s the last thing I do!

Lupin ignores Jake and walks back to his apartment along with his prizes. He had a raw taste in his mouth from defeating Jake the way he did.

This is practically the shortest match...and the easiest.

On the next episode, Jake finds someone to help him take his revenge on Lupin. Who is this hooded figure and will Lupin be able to win against him? Will the Behemoth's Card "Lunar-Prophecy" help Lupin win the duel? Stay tuned to find out.

It wouldn't be would it?

Which is why I'm going to post the next chapter in a few.

Here it is:

[spoiler=Chapter 5]

Fifth Duel

A day after the match with Jake, Lupin found himself still tasting the raw feeling of completely over killing the kid in their duel and then just walking away with all the rare cards he won. He recalled what Jake had said. I’ll get you for this man, if it’s the last thing I do! Feeling uneasy again, he went to his usual dig, the spring in the center of town.

When he reached the place, he found two persons waiting for him. Among the two, was a familiar face.

Lupin: Jake?

Jake: It’s about time I had my revenge against you. See this guy? He’s gonna wipe the floor with you!

The second figure was covered in a black robe. He looked like a reaper.

Lupin: Is he supposed to scare me? Cuz it isn’t working.

Glen: The name is Glen.

His voice was incredible deep, dry, and dreadful. He took one of his arms out, revealing a duel disk.

Glen: Lets not waist any time.

Lupin: Tough talk for a hooded creep.

In unison: Let’s duel!

Hand count: Lupin 5, Glen 5

Life points: Lupin 8000, Glen 8000

Turn 1) Lupin

All right, I draw! Next I summon Lunar-Wolf-Heaven (LV4 Light Beast ATK/DEF: 1600/1600). Then I activate the spell card Similar Summon. By paying 1500 life points, I can Special summon one monster that has the same level and type as a monster I summoned this turn. (8000-1500=6500) I summon Lunar-Wolf-Underworld (LV4 Dark Beast ATK/DEF: 1600/1600). I use Underworld’s effect and send him out of play for the next two of your turns. I half all the battle damage I take during those turns and he returns in my second stand by phase. Finally, I play two cards face down. You turn.

Hand 1 Life points: 6500 (Grave list: Similar Summon)

Extra Deck: 15 cards…

Field:

Monster Zone: 1 Lunar-Wolf-Heaven in ATK mode.

OOP (Out of Play): 1 Lunar-Wolf-Underworld

Turn 2) Glen

I draw, and start off by placing one monster in face down DEF mode. Then I play three cards face down.

Hand 2 Life points: 8000 (Grave list: none)

Field:

Spell/Trap Zone: 3 cards face down.

Turn 3) Lupin

I draw! Next I summon Lunar-Wolf-Ocean (LV4 Water Beast ATK/DEF: 0/1950) and because I summoned him successfully, I can activate my face down trap Wolf Parade!. By paying 2000 life points, I can Special summon two Lunar monsters from my hand, deck or graveyard.

Glen: I activate the trap card Strike of Pain. I discard two cards from my hand. Whenever either player loses life points due to a card effect, both players, instead, lose double the damage the card inflicted. We both lose 4000 life points. (Lupin’s life points: 6500-4000=2500) (Glen’s life points: 8000-4000=4000) Painful, isn’t it?

Lupin: Not much since I activate the quick play spell Lunar-Punishment! I can only activate this card when the difference between both players’ life points is 1000 or higher. I can Special Summon one Lunar monster that has an ATK equal to or less than the difference between the players life points. This means I can summon a monster with 1500 ATK or less so I summon Lunar-Wolf-Drought (LV4 Earth Beast ATK/DEF: 1200/1700) in DEF mode.

Glen: Now, since you did that, I can activate the continuous trap, Fear. I pay half of my life points to activate this card. (Glen’s life points: 4000/2=2000) Whenever my opponent has three or more monsters on the field, this card is equipped to a monster on the opponent’s side of the field. The equipped monster cannot be used to summon another monster (Ritual, Synchro, etc.) and when the equipped monster attacks, we select a monster on our side of the field and flip a coin. If heads: The equipped monster attacks the selected monster on my side of the field. If tails: The equipped monster attacks the selected monster on your side of the field.

Lupin: I activate my other face down counter trap card, Lunar-shards! I can only activate this card by paying 800 life points. (Lupin’s life points: 2500-800=1700) I can negate the effect or attack of a card that targets a Lunar monster on my side of the field and destroy it. Then, I can pay 500 life points to draw 2 cards. I pay them. (Lupin’s life points: 1700-500=1200) Then I activate the spell card Celestial Contract. By discarding a Star type monster from my hand, I can draw cards equal to the discarded monster’s level. I discard Ban’yuu Beast-Star Zombie (LV3 Dark Star/Tuner ATK/DEF: 0/600) so I draw three cards. Now’s when things get interesting. I activate the field spell Wolf Forest-Canis Paradise! With this card in play all Beast, Beast-Warrior, and Warrior type monsters gain 200 ATK and DEF points. (Heaven ATK/DEF: 1600/1600>1800/1800 | Ocean ATK/DEF: 0/1950>200/2150 | Drought ATK/DEF: 1200/1700>1400/1900) I activate Ocean’s effect. For each card with Lunar or Wolf in its name, I gain 200 life points. I gain 800 life points. (1200+800=2000) I place two card face down and end my turn. Go!

Hand 0 Life points: 2000 (Grave list: Similar Summon, Wolf Parade!, Lunar-Shards, Celestial Contract, Ban’yuu Beast-Star Zombie)

Monster Zone: 1 (Lunar-Wolf-)Heaven, Ocean in ATK mode and 1 Lunar-Wolf-Drought in DEF mode.

OOP (Out of Play): 1 Lunar-Wolf-Underworld

Jake: Yeah! There’s no way you’re gonna beat Glen now! He’s gonna thrash you to the ground!

Turn 4) Glen

I draw! I got lucky this time. I activate the trap card, Complex Equations. I pay 2000 and destroy all cards on the field.

Lupin: I activate the counter trap, Lunar-Howling-Song of the Moon! I may lose my field, but I keep my monsters! I send you Complex Equations trap back to your deck. Then you get to draw cards until you have five of them in your hand. You also gain 400 life points for each of them. (Glen’s life points: 2000+1600=3600)

Glen: Thank you. I use Double Summon to summon both Spider King (LV2 Dark Insect/Tuner ATK/DEF: 300/0) and Malcontent Vampire (LV4 Dark Zombie ATK/DEF: 1000/1000). I use them to Synchro summon Enraged Flying Spider (LV6 Earth Insect/Synchro ATK/DEF: 2000/1000) I attack Lunar-Wolf-Drought!

Lupin: Thanks! I gain 1000 life points!

Glen: But my Spider’s effect comes to play. After my spider destroys a monster, I can decrease my spider’s ATK by 500 to negate the effect of the monster this card destroyed. (Spider’s ATK: 2000>1500) I place two cards face down and end my turn.

Hand 0 Life points: 3600 (Grave list: Strike of Pain, Red Moon, Vampire’s Landscape, Fear, Vampire Tower, Double Summon, Spider King, Malcontent Vampire)

Field:

Monster Zone: 1 Enraged Flying Spider in ATK mode.

Turn 5) Lupin

I draw and now, my Lunar-Wolf-Underworld returns. Lupin takes a look at the card he drew. I play the spell Star Life. I get to draw the top card of my deck and if it’s a spell card, I gain 1000 life points.

Lupin draws the top card of his deck and then stares at it.

Lupin: It’s that card…

Lupin remembers the Behemoth who gave him the card. Me was not Stupid. Me cursed by Shadow Realm. Lupin though of the card as he stared at it.

Lupin: Thanks man. Now, let’s see what this card can do! It’s a spell card so I gain 1000 life points. (2000+1000=3000) Next, I activate Ocean’s effect and gain 600 life points. (3000+600=3600) Now, I activate the spell card Lunar-Prophecy! I tribute Heaven and Underworld as well as pay 3000 life points to Special Summon Lupin Canis-Werewolf Master! (LV10 Dark Beast-Warrior ATK/DEF: 3500/3500)

Lupin falls back, staring in awe at the monster he has summoned.

Jake: No way….

Glen stood still, looking up at the creature. Lupin gets up and sees his life points drop to 600.

Lupin: All right, I decrease the attack of my level ten werewolf by 1000 points in order for it to attack twice this turn! (Lupin’s ATK: 3500>2500)

Glen: I activate-

Lupin: Save it. Lupin Canis-Werewolf Master is unaffected by the effects of your spell or trap cards.

Lupin slashes Glen’s spider using one of his dual blades. (2500-1500=1000 damage) (Glen’s life points: 3600-1000=2600)

Lupin: Now, strike him directly!

Lupin, using his other blade, impales Glen, inflicting 2500 points of damage. (Glen’s life points: 2600-2500=100)

Hand 0 Life points: 600 (Grave list: Similar Summon, Wolf Parade!, Lunar-Shards, Celestial Contract, Ban’yuu Beast-Star Zombie, Lunar-Prophecy, ((Lunar-Wolf-)Drought, Heaven, Underworld), Wolf Forest-Canis Paradise)

Field:

Monster Zone: 1 (Lunar-Wolf-)Heaven, Ocean in ATK mode and 1 –Lunar-Wolf-Drought- in DEF mode.

OOP: none

Turn 6) Glen

Glen’s hand trembles but his voice holds steady.

Glen: I draw. I play the field spell Red Moon…

The moon in the sky turns red. There is a long pause. Then Glen places his hand over his deck.

Glen: I forfeit.

The monsters fade and the duel ends.

Loser: Glen

After the match.

Jake: You just gave up?! Glen you are a-a c-coward!

Glen: Then why didn’t you duel him yourself, Jake?

Jake: I-I…forgot m-my deck?

Lupin: So that’s what this was all about. Revenge!

Glen: I have nothing against you. I am actually honored to face such a powerful opponent like you. He on the other hand, is a different story.

Jake: Glen! Y-you t-traitor!

Glen: Shut up!

Glen takes off his hood, and reveals a kind face. (He resembles Near from Death Note, except his hair is bluer.) His voice is clear, and young, not the three d’s which Lupin had decided describing him with. He could have been no more than sixteen years of age.

Jake: I-I t-thought you could b-beat him Glen! Looks l-like I w-was wrong.

Lupin: Does that mean you want to face me again?

Jake: As if! I-I’m out of h-here!

Jake left running.

Glen: Figures.

Lupin: So, is he a friend of yours or are you just someone he picked up to duel me?

Glen: The latter. He said he’d pay me if I beat someone in a duel. I haven’t dueled in a long time, but I was known as the Blaze duelist a couple of years ago. Lost all of my fire cards on my last match, that’s why I have this crappy deck.

Lupin: You call this a crappy deck?

Glen: No, but it is crappier than my Blaze deck.

Glen began walking the direction Jake had gone.

Glen: I might find all of my Blaze deck cards. If we meet again, I want to face you with my deck.

Lupin: I’ll look forward to that.

Glen walked into the shadows of the alleys and disappeared from sight.

In the next episode, Lupin finds his friend, Officer Bradly, in quite the pickle. Amongst the ones giving him trouble it Lupin's next opponent. Will Lupin win to save Bradly's life? Stay tuned to find out!

You shall find out in time.

[spoiler=Chapter 6]

It was morning again, and the sun rose as usual. Lupin had stayed through-out the night outside. It didn’t rain, and it wasn’t cold at all. He laid there next to the spring; as if he owned the town and could sleep anywhere he pleased. An officer walked by. He had a pot belly that was hidden by his uniform, with very little success. He was short, no more than 5’2”, had short combed black hair, and was eating a glazed donut.

Officer ???: Hey! Lupin! What ya doing sleeping outside?

Lupin woke up and rubbed his eyes.

Lupin: Oh. Morning Officer Bradley. Just stressed out I guess.

Officer Bradley: Well, you know you’re not supposed to sleep on public ground.

Lupin: That’s stupid.

Officer Bradley: I know, but then again I just follow the law. Anyways, I have a shift right now so I can’t stay long. Just make sure ya do somethin’ about this habit of yours.

Lupin: Alright, see ya.

Officer Bradley: Laters, Lupin.

The officer left and returned to his shift. Lupin stood up and began to walk back to his apartment. After he reached his apartment, he turned on the T.V. He had not seen T.V. in quite a while. The screen lit up to a news program. Lupin went to the kitchen and started making something to eat as he heard the T.V.

T.V.: This just in. A police officer has been taken hostage and the captors are threatening to kill him downtown. The victim was none other than Officer Bradley, the chief of the East PD. We now go…

Lupin dropped everything he had in his hands.

Lupin: What?!

He acted quickly and gathered everything he would need. He took his duel disk, his deck, some rope, and a pair of blades that were on the wall as decorations inside the stealth.

T.V.: …Officer Bradley is a dedicated individual who has shown a very kind heart in the East PD. He was surrounded by a group of three dangerous individuals known as Kane, Jacob, and Steven…

Lupin: Never thought I’d have to use these again.

He turned off the T.V. and rushed down to the first floor vehicle storage room.

Lupin: There is no way I’ll get downtown fast enough by foot.

Lupin took the covers off a vehicle. It was a motorcycle. The design was very impressive. The color was entirely black with silver and blue streaks running on the sides of the bike down to the seat. The wheels were new and shiny. There was a position for the duel disk as well for it was the key to the “rider”. Lupin took his duel disk off and placed it on the bike. As soon as he placed the duel disk in its compartment the duel disk morphed. The white in his duel disk turned black, it was trimmed with silver and kept the blue and red spots. The duel disk folded into the bike and turned it on. Lupin got into his bike, placed his sword on his back connecting the stealth’s belt over his right shoulder and above his left side of his waist in parallel with his chest. He placed his deck onto the duel disk’s compartment and placed his black helmet.

Lupin: Hang on Brad! I’m coming.

Lupin kicked his bike into gear and made his way to the exit. He was out onto the streets and speed up heading downtown.

A few minutes later…

Officer 1: We have the place surrounded but we can’t approach. If we do, they might do something to Officer Bradley. Over.

Officer 2: Man, I hope these guys don’t do anything rash.

Lupin saw the officers surrounding the building. It was a warehouse.

Lupin: Figures…It’s always in a warehouse of some sort, but I can’t get in. Those officers are blocking the way.

Lupin saw a board and a box, forming a ramp.

Lupin: It’s the only way.

Lupin rode his “rider” onto the side walk. There was no one to avoid in the side walk. He closed in on the ramp.

Officer 1: Hey. Do you hear something?

Some officers turned to face Lupin as he approached the ramp.

Officer 2: Kid! Turn back! It’s dangerous here!!

Lupin: I won’t let them hurt Officer Bradley! I won’t let them hurt my dad.

Lupin was abandoned when he was young. He had no parents. He was raised by Officer Bradley. He treated Lupin like his actual son until he was old enough to fend for himself. Officer Bradley still welcomed him to his home whenever Lupin needed the help but right now, it was vise versa and it was in a warehouse instead.

Lupin: I’m coming dad!!

Lupin howled a battle cry as he rode his “rider” over the ramp. He jumped at least 16 feet in the air with his “rider” over the police cars.

Officer 2 and 1: Wow!

Lupin landed on the ground and veered left into the side of the warehouse. He stopped in the alley between the warehouse and building next to it. He took the duel disk off his “rider” and went inside. It was quiet. Very quiet. Lupin walked cautiously, and released one of his dual blades from the stealth onto his right hand. He walked a few more steps before he heard Officer Bradley and his captors. They were in the third floor, but their voices echoed to the first. Lupin walked up the metallic stairway, making sure he did not make a ruckus with each step he took on them. There was a soft clang to each of his steps, but they could only be heard by him. The laughter the captors made shun Lupin’s steps and so walking up to the third floor was not the least bit hard. When he arrived there, he quickly, and silently, made his way behind a few crates. Lupin was able to see them, but they couldn’t see him. He listened to their conversation.

Steven: Okay, man. We’ve got his dad, now what?

Kane: Now we wait. I’m sure this Lupin kid will come.

Jacob: Yeah, but why waste your time trying to find this Lupin kid, eh?

Kane: Because he is my next opponent, and if I beat him in duel, then it will get us closer to the prize we deserve.

Steven: Yeah! Money, women, and a hell of a lot of time out of the joint. Man, that placed was nothing but bull.

Kane: You said it.

Lupin: So my next opponent…is a creep from jail?

Lupin got his duel disk ready.

Lupin: This just keeps getting better and better.

Kane: Don’t forget. If I lose, then you’ll be up against him Jacob, and should you lose, then you’ll be the only one left to face him Steve.

Steven: I know. Can’t believe I’ve advanced so much ahead of you.

Kane: It’s because we found most of your opponents huddled up together.

Lupin: So you guys are my next three opponents.

Lupin came out from behind the crates. He saw Officer Bradley tied up into a crate.

Lupin: Let my dad go!

Kane: Told ya boys. He would come to us. Now, tell ya what kid. We’ll let your dad go, if you forfeit.

Lupin: You must be joking.

Kane: Fine, don’t. But we’d hate to see what would happen to your dad here.

Lupin: That means you’re scared to duel me.

Kane: Say what?

Lupin: Look at you. Trying to win by threatening me to forfeit. You’re a coward, because I know you can’t beat me.

Kane: Is that so? Fine, I’ll duel you.

Lupin: If I win, you let my dad go.

Kane: No. If you beat all three of us, then we’ll let your dad go.

Lupin: Handy cap match?

Kane: No. Free for all. Four against four. We’re all going to be up against each other some way or another.

Lupin: Fine.

Lupin, Kane, Steven, and Jacob: Let’s Duel!

Hand Count: Kane 5, Steven 5, Jacob 5, Lupin 5

Life points: Kane: 8000, Steven: 8000, Jacob: 8000, Lupin: 8000

Turn 1) Kane

Don’t expect us to just come after you. We’re gonna attack anyone who is open for an attack.

Lupin: I’ll take your word for that.

Kane: I draw! I summon Silver Blade (LV4 Light Warrior ATK/DEF: 1700/1000) in ATK mode! This monster can only be destroyed by battle with a Beast-Warrior or Warrior type monster. Next I play 1 card face down and end my turn.

Hand 4 Life points: 8000 (Grave list: none)

Field:

Monster Zone: 1 Silver Blade in ATK mode.

Turn 2) Steven

That monster won’t be much to protect you Kane! I draw and summon Rushing Man-Eater (LV4 Dark Fiend ATK/DEF: 300/0) Attack this monster, and all face up monster that have the same level as the monster that attacked it are destroyed. Next I play one card face down and end my turn.

Hand 4 Life points: 8000 (Grave List: none)1

Field:

Monster Zone: 1 Rushing Man-Eater in ATK mode.

Turn 3) Jacob

Alright! Time for me to make my move. I draw and play the ritual spell card Hoodlum Apprentice! I must offer monster card(s) from my hand that add up in star level to eight or higher. I discard my two Roc from the Valley of Haze (LV6 Wind Winged-Beast ATK/DEF: 2400/1400) cards from my hand to the grave to summon Hoodlum Gangster (LV8 Dark Warrior ATK/DEF: 3100/2400) and because my Rocs were sent from my hand to the grave, they are added to my deck and then I shuffle it. Next I activate my Gangster’s effect. Once per turn, I can summon a LV4 Warrior type monster from any player’s deck by paying 500 life points. (8000-500=7500) I summon Obnoxious Celtic Guard (LV4 Earth Warrior ATK/DEF: 1400/1200) from Kane’s Deck. This monster can’t be destroyed by battle with a 1900 ATK monster or higher. I play two cards face down and end my turn.

Hand 0 Life points: 7500 (Grave list: Hoodlum Apprentice)

Field:

Monster Zone: 1 Hoodlum Gangster, 1 Obnoxious Celtic Guard both in ATK mode.

Turn 4) Lupin

I can’t let up for a second. I draw! Hello again. I Summon Lunar-Werewolf-Sand (LV4 Earth Beast-Warrior ATK/DEF: 1950/500).

Kane: Woo ho! Looks like this will be interesting after all.

Lupin: Next I play the spell Similar Summon and pay 1500 life points to summon Lunar-Werewolf-Shadow (LV4 Dark Beast-Warrior ATK/DEF: 1700/1700). (8000-1500=6500) Now I play the all powerful spell Lunar-Prophecy! I tribute both my Lunar monsters and pay 3000 life points, (6500-3000=3500) to summon Lupin Canis-Werewolf Master from my deck! (LV10 Dark Beast-Warrior ATK/DEF: 3500/3500) This guy is unaffected by the effects of your spell and trap cards. I activate the spell card Lunar-Punishment to summon Elder Wolf (LV4 Light Beast ATK/DEF: 800/800) in DEF mode. He increases the ATK and Def of all Beast and Beast-Warrior type monsters on my side of the field except itself by 400 points. (Lupin ATK/DEF: 3500/3500>3900/3900) I play one card face down and now, Lupin, attack Silver Blade!

Lupin destroys Silver Blade. (Kane’s Life points: 8000-2200=5800)

Lupin: Your move.

Hand 0 Life points: 3500 (Grave List: Similar Summon, ((Lunar-) Prophecy, Punishment), ((Lunar-Werewolf-) Sand, Shadow)

Field:

Monster Zone: 1 Lupin Canis-Werewolf Master in ATK mode, 1 Elder Wolf in DEF mode.

Turn 5) Kane

Man. I can’t do anything to you at this point Lupin…I draw. I summon Speed Warrior! (LV2 Wind Warrior ATK/DEF: 900/400) and his ATK is doubled during this entire turn. Now I play the spell The Warrior Returning Alive to return Silver Blade back into my hand. Next I play the spell Double Summon to Summon Marauding Captain (LV3 Earth Warrior ATK/DEF: 1200/400) which allows me to special summon another LV4 or lower monster from my hand onto the field. Another Marauding Captain and now all my monsters are protected for they can’t be attacked. Speed Warrior attacks Obnoxious Celtic Guard! (Jacob’s life points: 7500-100=7400) I end my turn.

Hand 1 Life points: 5800 (Grave list: Obnoxious Celtic Guard, Double Summon. The Warrior Returning Alive)

Field:

Monster Zone: 1 Speed Warrior, 2 Marauding Captains in ATK mode.

Turn 6) Steven

Hey! Looks like were gonna have to start doing some damage…to Jacob.

Jacob: What?!

Steven: I draw! Next I summon Fiend Synchron (LV3 Dark Fiend/Tuner ATK/DEF: 1000/1400). Now I activate my face down, Dark Reinforcements! I can only activate this card when I summon a LV4 or lower Dark monsters. I can select a monster from my deck that has an LV that is lower than the monster I summoned. I choose Kuriboh (LV1 Dark Fiend ATK/DEF: 300/300) and summon him onto the field. Now I use all my monsters to Synchro Summon Soulless Slayer! (LV8 Dark Fiend/Synchro ATK/DEF: 2550/2400) Now, I activate it’s effect. When this card is Synchro Summoned successfully, I can destroy one monster that has an ATK equal to or lower than this monster. I destroy your Marauding Captain Kane. Next, I activate the equip spell Chaotic Aura! This card can only be equipped to a Dark or Light attribute Synchro monster. The equipped monster gains 500 ATK and DEF and gains the effect corresponding to its attribute. If Light: When the equipped monster destroys another monster by battle, the controller of this card gains 500 life points. If Dark: Once per turn, I can decrease the ATK of a monster on the field by 400 points until the end of the turn. This effect would be worthless to activate on that LV10 werewolf, but against your Gangster, it’s quite perfect. (Gangster ATK: 3100>2700) Now, my Slayer, attack his Gangster!

Jacob: I activate the continuous trap, Spirit Barrier! So I lose no damage.

Kane: Why didn’t you activate that card when my warrior attacked you?

Jacob: Because, you’ll see soon enough. Or better yet, Steve will.

Steven: Right. I play one card face down and end my turn.

Hand 2 Life points: 8000 (Grave List: Rushing Man-Eater, Kuriboh, Dark Reinforcements, Fiend Synchro)

Field:

Spell/Trap Zone: 1 card face down, 1 Chaotic Aura.

Monster Zone: 1 Soulless Slayer in ATK mode.

Turn 7) Jacob

Okay, my turn. I draw. I play the spell Considerate Quantity which allows me to draw two cards at the price of 1000 life points. (7400-1000=6400) Now, I activate my second face down, the continuous trap, Chains of Longevity! When this card is activated, players gain life points until they have the same amount of life points the player with highest amount has. Lupin gains 4500 life points, Kane gains 2200 life points and I gain 1600 life points. Now the second effect comes into play. Every time a player gains life points, the other players gain half the life points that player gained. Let’s say I gain 500 life points. Everybody else gains 250. The same goes with losing points. If I lose 1000 points, the rest lose 500 points.

Lupin: This is gonna be dangerous.

Officer Bradley began to wake up and was moaning.

Jacob: Yes it is, especially when I activate the continuous spell Double Trouble. This card doubles the effect of a card on my side of the field. I also play one monster in face down DEF mode. Then end my turn.

Hand 2 Life points: 8000 (Grave list: Hoodlum Apprentice, Hoodlum Gangster, Considerate Quantity)

Field:

Spell/Trap Zone: 1 Chains of Longevity, 1 Double Trouble, 1 Spirit Barrier

Monster Zone: 1 monster in face down DEF mode.

Turn 8 ) Lupin

I draw. I summon Lunar-Wolf-Heaven! (LV4 Light Beast ATK/DEF: 1600/1600) Now I activate the trap card Wolf-Parade! and pay 3000 life points to Special Summon two LV6 “Lunar” fusion monsters from my Extra Deck! (Everyone’s life points: 8000-3000=5000) I summon Lunar-Guardian-Dawn (LV6 Light Beast-Warrior/Fusion ATK/DEF: 2000/2000) and Lunar-Guardian-Dusk (LV6 Dark Beast-Warrior/Fusion ATK/DEF: 2000/2000). I use both of their effects. I can now destroy two face up and two face down cards on the field. I destroy Jacob’s face down monster, Steven’s face down card, Chains of Longevity and Soulless Slayer.

The face down cards are reviled. Steven’s face down was Magical Arm Shield and Jacob’s face down was Cyber Jar.

Jacob: No!

Lupin: Now, I tribute Lupin, Heaven and Dawn as well as pay 2000 life points to summon my most powerful creature!

The Sky outside the warehouse turned black. Inside the warehouse there were electrical discharges.

Lupin: I summon Lupin Canis-King of the Wolf Forest! (LV12 Light Beast-Warrior ATK/DEF: 5000/5000)

The werewolf was massive and ferocious.

Lupin: He gains a power boost. (Lupin ATK/DEF: 5000/5000>5400/5400) Now! Lupin, I decrease your ATK by 2000 points until the end of this turn, so you can attack twice this turn! (Lupin ATK: 5400>3400) Attack both Steven and Jacob! (Both of their life points: 5000-3400=1600) Dusk, attack Jacob and end him!

Jacob’s life points decline to 0 and he disappears from the game.

Hand 0 Life points: 3000 (Grave List: Similar Summon, ((Lunar-) Prophecy, Punishment), ((Lunar-Werewolf-) Sand, Shadow), Wolf-Parade!, ((Lunar-Guardian-) Dawn, Lunar-Wolf-Heaven)

Field:

Monster Zone: 1 Lupin Canis-King of the Wolf Forest, 1 Lunar-Guardian-Dusk, both in ATK mode, 1 Elder Wolf in DEF mode.

Turn 9) Kane

Wow…$#!%...Can’t do anything. I draw. I summon Command Knight in ATK mode and switch all my previous monsters to DEF mode. Go!

Hand 1 Life points: 5000 (Grave list: Obnoxious Celtic Guard, Double Summon. The Warrior Returning Alive)

Field:

Monster Zone: 1 Command Knight in ATK mode, 1 Speed Warrior, 1 Marauding Captains in DEF mode.

Turn 10) Steven

I draw! I play two cards face down and summon one monster face down DEF mode. Go.

Hand 0 Life points: 1600 (Grave List: Rushing Man-Eater, Kuriboh, Dark Reinforcements, Fiend Synchro, Chaotic Aura, Magical Arm Shield, Soulless Slayer)

Field:

Spell/Trap Zone: 2 card face down.

Monster Zone: 1 monster in face down DEF mode.

Turn 11) Lupin

I draw. I summon Lunar-Wolf-Ocean! Since I have Heaven in my grave, I can activate both of its effects! This card cannot be selected as an attack target as long as I have another monster on my side of the field and once per turn, I gain 200 life points for each card on my side of the field with “Lunar” or “Wolf” in its name. I have four so I gain 800 life points. (3000+800=3800) Now, I use Dusk’s effect to destroy two face downs on the field. I destroy Kane’s face down card and Steven’s face down monster.

Both cards blacken and reveal themselves. Steven’s card was Spirit Reaper and Kane’s face down was Call of the Haunted. Both are sent to the graveyard.

Lupin: Now, I switch my Elder Wolf to ATK mode and decrease my LV12 werewolf’s ATK by 200 until the end of this turn for it to attack twice. (Lupin ATK: 5400>3400) Lupin, attack Steven directly!

Steven’s life points decline to 0 and he vanishes from the game.

Lupin: Elder Wolf attack Marauding Captain. Dusk, attack Speed Warrior, Lupin, attack his Command Knight, and Ocean attack Kane directly! (Kane’s life points: 5000-2200=2800) I end my turn.

Hand 0 Life points: 3800 (Grave List: Similar Summon, ((Lunar-) Prophecy, Punishment), ((Lunar-Werewolf-) Sand, Shadow), Wolf-Parade!, ((Lunar-Guardian-) Dawn, Lunar-Wolf-Heaven)

Field:

Monster Zone: 1 Lupin Canis-King of the Wolf Forest, 1 Lunar-Guardian-Dusk, 1 Elder Wolf, 1 Lunar-Wolf-Ocean all in ATK mode.

Turn 12) Kane

No matter what I do I’ll wind up losing this match. I give.

The monsters fade and so does Kane.

Losers: Kane, Steven, Jacob

After the duel.

Lupin: Dad! Hey. You okay?

Officer Bradley woke up dazed.

Officer Bradley: I t-think I’m okay…dizzy though.

Lupin: Come on. I’ll help you out of this place.

Lupin took one of Bradley’s arms and helped the man stand up. He led the way outside. Lupin had placed his blades back into his stealth.

Lupin: Looks like I didn’t have to use them at all.

Lupin and Officer Bradley went out side. The Officers were just at the end of the alley they were coming from. They took Bradley to an ambulance and left Lupin. They had thanked him and left him just as quickly. Lupin shrugged it off and went to his “rider” turned it on with his duel disk, and left for his apartment.

Sorry...no spoiler this time :P

Archived