A challenge to Umbra.

Tabris

Are these any good?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are these any good?

• Yes.
    • They suck!

So finally gather up some strength to make a CAC gallery for mine self, once more.

My CACs, all of them, all great, and all utterly strewn in chaotic fashion, will be stored here (unless someone locks this thread).

[spoiler=#1]Viral Hackster

DARK/LV4/Machine/1600/800

You can discard this card from your hand to add 1 "Degenerate Circuit" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. When "Degenerate Circuit" is on the field, a monster that battles with this card is returned to its owner's hand before Damage Calculation.

Kinetic Collector

Continuous Spell

When a Spellcaster-Type monster is Summoned, put Spell Counters on this card equal to the Level of the summoned monster. Increase the ATK and DEF of all Spellcaster-Type monsters on the field by the number of Spell Counters on this card x 50.

Edge Head

EARTH/LV9/Machine/3100/1400

Once per turn, you can send 1 Machine-Type monster from your hand to the Graveyard to draw 2 cards. When a Machine-Type monster that you control battles with another monster, you can pay 1000 Life Points to double the ATK of that monster until the end of the Damage Step. If you do, destroy that monster at the end of the Battle Phase.

Mangaholic

EARTH/LV4/Beast-Warrior/1800/1600

When "Toon World" is on your side of the field and your opponent does not control a Toon Monster, this card can attack your opponent's Life Points directly. During the end of the Battle Phase that this card battles, return it to your Deck to Special Summon 1 Toon Monster from your Deck.

Ragnadragon

LIGHT/LV2/Sea Serpent/Tuner/600/600

When this card is removed from play, return this card to the Graveyard to Special Summon 1 Sea Serpent-Type monster from your Deck.

Infernal Choice

Continuous Trap

During your opponent's Draw Phase, draw 1 card. If you do not immediately discard 1 card from your hand, skip your Draw Phase.

Ruthless Rebirth

Normal Spell

Pay 1000 Life Points. Pick up cards from your Graveyard until you pick up a Monster Card, and Special Summon it, ignoring the Summoning requirements. Remove any other cards picked up from play. If you activate this card while there are 10 cards in your Graveyard or less, negate the effect(s) of the Summoned monster.

Great Stern

LIGHT/LV3/Warrior/1000/1000

During the End Phase of the turn that this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 monster with a DEF of 2000 or more from your Deck in face-up Attack Position or face-down Defense Position.

Martius, Lightsworn Commandant

LIGHT/LV4/Warrior/1400/1800

When this card is Summoned, send 5 cards from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard and Special Summon all "Lightsworn" monsters among them in Attack Position. The Battle Damage resulting from a battle with a "Lightsworn" monster that is Summoned by this effect is halved. Send 3 cards from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard during each of your End Phases.

Strato Sear

WIND/LV4/Warrior/3400/800

Once per turn, you can halve the ATK of this card to Special Summon 1 "Strato Token" (WIND/LV4/Warrior/1700/400). This card cannot attack if you do not control a Token(s) with an ATK that is equal to or higher than the ATK of this card. Destroy this card when your opponent activates a Spell or Trap Card.

[spoiler=#2]Infernity Kaiser

DARK/LV10/Fiend/4000/2000

You can Normal Summon this card by halving the ATK of this card. While you have no cards in your hand, this card gains the following effect:

* Decrease the ATK of this card by 400 points to draw 1 card. If the drawn card is an "Infernity" monster, Special Summon it. If not, send it to the Graveyard. An "Infernity Kaiser" cannot be Special Summoned by this effect.

Dark Swap

Counter-Trap

Negate the Summon of a monster(s) and destroy it. Your opponent takes control of the first monster(s) that you Summon after this card is activated.

Poison Blossom

DARK/LV4/Plant/1500/500

Once per turn, you can increase or decrease the ATK of 1 face-up monster by 1000 points. Destroy a monster during the End Phase of the turn that its ATK is increased.

Photosynthesis

Normal Spell

Select 1 Plant-Type monster on the field. Add 1 Plant-Type monster with an ATK that is equal to or lower than the ATK of the selected monster from your Deck to your hand.

Flip Man's Wake

Counter-Trap

Activate only while you control a face-down monster(s). Flip a face-down monster into face-up Attack or Defense Position. If that monster is a Flip Effect Monster, negate the activation and/or effect or Spell, Trap, or Effect Monster Card and destroy it.

Rokujo

EARTH/LV4/Spellcaster/1000/1000

Once per turn, send 1 Spirit Monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. This card gains the effect(s) of that Spirit Monster until the End Phase. If that Spirit Monster has a Trigger Effect, it is activated immediately after this effect resolves, ignoring the trigger required to activate it.

The Hood

Normal Spell

Select 1 face-up monster that your opponent controls and increase your opponent's Life Points by the ATK and DEF of the selected monster. Then take control of the selected monster until the End Phase.

Aero Diver

WIND/LV12/Winged Beast/Tuner/2950/2300

This card cannot be Special Summoned. Reduce the Level of this card in your hand and on the field by 1 for each 2 empty Card Zones on the field. If the Level of this card becomes 4 or lower, the original ATK of this card becomes 1500. When this card attacks a Defense Position monster with an ATK that is higher than the DEF of the Defense Position monster, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points.

Maglevroid

EARTH/LV3/Machine/1000/1000

When this card is destroyed as a result of battle and sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 Machine-Type monster with an ATK or DEF of 1500 or less from your Deck in Attack Position.

[spoiler=#3]Visions of Light

Normal Spell

Special Summon 1 "Lightsworn" monster from your Graveyard in face-up Attack Position oor face-down Defense Position, then send 2 cards from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard. When this card is sent from the Deck to the Graveyard, add this card to your hand.

Kaminokaze

WIND/LV12/Winged Beast/Synchro/0/0

1 Tuner Monster + 1 or more non-Tuner WIND monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned, inflict 300 points of Direct Damage to your opponent's Life Points for each empty Card Zone on the field. Increase the ATK of this card by 300 points for each empty Card Zone on the field.

Bell Dandy

LIGHT/LV2/Plant/200/200

FLIP: Special Summon 4 "Dandy Tokens" (LIGHT/LV1/Plant/100/100) to your side of the field in Defense Position.

Colonial Dynamics

Quick-Play Spell

Select 1 face-up Insect-Type monster that you control. Special Summon "Robber Ant Tokens" (EARTH/LV4/Insect/1000/1000) equal to the Level of the selected monster on your opponent's side of the field in Defense Position. The tokens cannot be Tributed for a Tribute Summon. When a token is destroyed as a result of battle, the controller of that token sends cards equal to half of the Level of the monster that destroyed that token from the top of his/her Deck to the Graveyard.

The Pearl

Equip Spell

Take control of 1 of your opponent's face-up monsters and equip it with this card. During the End Phase, your opponent takes control of the equipped monster. Then unequip this card and add it to your opponent's hand.

Ryujin

WIND/LV3/Dragon/Union/1200/800

You can Special Summon this card from your hand if you control at least 1 Spirit Monster. Once per turn during your Main Phase if you control this card, you can equip it to a Spirit Monster as an Equip Spell Card, OR unequip it and Special Summon this card in Attack Position. Increase the ATK of the equipped monster by 100 points x its Level. A Spirit Monster equipped with this card does not have to activate its effect during the End Phase. (Only 1 Union Monster can be equipped to a monster at a time. When the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card.)

Amity

Normal Spell

Remove 1 Monster Card in your hand from play. Then add 1 monster with a different Attribute from the monster that you removed from play by this effect from your Deck to your hand.

Goyo Guardian/Assault Mode

EARTH/LV8/Warrior/3300/2500

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Assault Mode". Once per turn, when this card attacks, take control of 1 face-up monster that your opponent controls. When this card is destroyed by a card effect, Special Summon 1 "Goyo Guardian" from your Graveyard.

Spell-Binding Generator

Continuous Spell

When a player activates a Spell Card except "Spell-Binding Generator", roll a six-sided die. If the result is not 1 or 6, distribute Spell Counters equal to the result of the dice roll to all face-up cards on the field that you can put a Spell Counter on. If the result is 1 or 6, negate the activation and effect of the Spell Card and destroy it. Pay 500 Life Points during each player's Standby Phase. If you cannot, destroy this card.

Pequod's Harvest

Quick-Play Spell

Remove up to 5 Sea Serpent-Type monsters in your Graveyard from play. Then Special Summon "Spawn Tokens" (WATER/LV1/Sea Serpent/0/0) equal to the number of Sea Serpent-Type monsters that you removed from play in Defense Position.

[spoiler=#4]Duskbound Sorcerer

DARK/LV5/Spellcaster/2200/1100

You can Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard by flipping 1 face-down Flip Effect Monster into face-up Attack or Defense Position (Flip Effects are not activated at this time). The original ATK and DEF of all Level 4 or lower Flip Effect Monsters become 1800.

Crystal Catalyst

Quick-Play Spell

Special Summon 1 "Crystal Beast" monster from your Deck. You can destroy it during the End Phase.

Glorious Radiance

Normal Spell

Select 1 face-up LIGHT monster. Draw 2 cards.

I know mine CG's not up-to-date, so:

Grammar Nazis arise, fly above mine rottin' carcass, feast upon mine innards... just leave some for the buzzards.

Viral Hackster

Mega super virally overpowered. With 2000 ATK, being DARK, being able to be dumped, AND a self-defensive effect?

Kinetic Collector

A bit overpowered, since it not only gains a ton of Spell Counters, but after only 2 Summons it can become a mega power increaser.

Edge Head

Should have an effect that keeps it from being Summoned easily, because in itself it can wreak some massive havoc.

Mangaholic

Think the OCG might be a bit off, but I like it.

Ragnadragon

Maybe a bit overpowered, because unlike Blossom, this effect can be used during a lot of times. And it's a Tuner, too.

Frembell Scoundrel

Extremely overpowered. If you got rid of the cost, and made it "once while this card is in the Graveyard", then made a cost for its second effect then I think it would be fine.

Ruthless Rebirth

Could be very easily abused. I dun like it.

Great Stern

Maybe make it so it has to be Level 4 or lower, and make the DEF a bit lower as well?

Martius, Lightsworn Commandant

I feel like it should be a Level 5+.

Strato Sear

Very cheap, especially with Skill Drain. Use its effect, activate Skill Drain, and you have a big beatstick and a Token with 1700 ATK.

Mega super virally overpowered. With 2000 ATK, being DARK, being able to be dumped, AND a self-defensive effect?

I'll make its ATK - lessee - 1600, then.

A bit overpowered, since it not only gains a ton of Spell Counters, but after only 2 Summons it can become a mega power increaser.

I somehow like that prospect, but oh well... I'll make the boost 50.

Should have an effect that keeps it from being Summoned easily, because in itself it can wreak some massive havoc.

I think I've put enough restrictions here as is, so I won't.

Maybe a bit overpowered, because unlike Blossom, this effect can be used during a lot of times. And it's a Tuner, too.

I'll have to wait for a few more comments on Ragnadragon before actin' on its behalf, for now. I'm not totally convinced that its combination of Tunership and hybrid Malicious/Lonefire effect is detrimental, but still...

Extremely overpowered. If you got rid of the cost, and made it "once while this card is in the Graveyard", then made a cost for its second effect then I think it would be fine.

Not goin' through that route; I'll think of a way to make the effects more palatable, though.

Maybe make it so it has to be Level 4 or lower, and make the DEF a bit lower as well?

I intended Stern to search for such cards as The Creator and Prime Material Dragon as well, so no.

I feel like it should be a Level 5+.

You've a field of Lightsworn inflictin' half of their supposed Battle Damage. I think that's enough.

Could be very easily abused. I dun like it.

Not really. You need to prep up your Grave first to escape the effect negation clause.

Very cheap, especially with Skill Drain. Use its effect, activate Skill Drain, and you have a big beatstick and a Token with 1700 ATK.

Skill Drain - didn't think of that combo. And I was itchin' for stratospheric beatsticks. Very well then, I'll modify the effect to offset Skill Drain and similar cards, while making it the highest target possible for Skill Drain.

No offense to you man, but you really do need to lighten up your effects. And not dismiss criticism so lightly.

I will revise the effects of some of the cards in due course.

Problem is, the title of this thread - Edge. I'm supposed to be breakin' grounds here.

I do hear your criticism, but I won't go out of mine way to bow to Konami conservatism.

Archived