Super Mario Bros. 3 v.s. Super Mario World

Black_LIGHT

I've played almost all of Super Mario World but only the first world of SMB3; however, the latter has more nostalgia for me. Tough call.

One thing I didn't like about World was that the ridiculous powerups let you literally bypass entire levels (Cape just lets you fly over everything) and take five separate hits to kill.

I've played almost all of Super Mario World but only the first world of SMB3; however' date=' the latter has more nostalgia for me. Tough call.

One thing I didn't like about World was that the ridiculous powerups let you literally bypass entire levels (Cape just lets you fly over [i']everything[/i]) and take five separate hits to kill.

Same here, and I have found an array of glitches using that danged cape. It is way too easy Nintendo made it for us.

Nevertheless, I like world better than 3. I don't have a reason.

Wow, I saw this on another forum and I'm surprised more people like SMB3 here.

i like super Mario bros 3 better

Strange, you told me you never played played SMB3 before.

Meh, SMB3 is my pick. Super Mario World is okay, but the only new addition I saw was Yoshi and the better Boss battles. But we've already seen Mario fly and throw fireballs. One of the reasons I like SMB3 are the costumes. Man, I wish they brought back the Hammer Suit, so I wouldn't have worry about Boos and Thwomps.

Archived