Castlevania Club Contest

Bakura Vessal

Contest  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Contest

Only join in you are part of the Castlevania club.

Ok just to make things clear, We make the cards, you vote YCM peoples.

Make 2 monsters based after the Castlevania game.

Poll will be put after everyones posted their card, so that people don't vote the popular candadaites early, (Clariex, Saturn)

Well then, get to posting cards. (I only have 1 card right now)

67344rc5.jpg

67344dp8.jpg

Everyone vote! That means you, people of the YCM!

71074ys5.jpg

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 "Dracula, Lord of Darkness" you control. When this card destroys a monster by battle, equip the destroyed monster to this card. (Only 3 monsters can be equipped to this card.) Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, you can pay 750 Life Points to activate one of the following effects:

• This card gains 500 ATK and DEF until the End Phase of your opponent's next turn.

• Remove 3 monsters that are equipped to this card from play. Remove all cards your opponent controls from play.

• This card gains the effects of all monsters equipped to it until the End Phase.

71074cc4.jpg

As long as this card is face-up, all monsters on your field are treated as DARK. When this card is destroyed by battle, you can remove from play 5 cards in your Graveyard to Special Summon this card during your next End Phase in face-up Attack Position.

What do I win?

129530sq4.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 monster with the name "Belmont" on your side of the field. When this card is Special Summoned, destroy 1 card on your opponent's side of the field. When this card destroys a DARK monster by battle, remove from play instead. For each DARK monster removed from play, increase the ATK of this card by 100 for each DARK monster removed from play.

129530gs1.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 2 Fiend-Type monsters on your side of the field. This card is also treated as a Warrior-Type monster. When this card is Special Summoned sucessfully, you can Tribute up to 3 Fiend-Type monsters on your side of the field, for each monster Tributed this way, this card can attack up to the number of Fiend-Type monsters Tributed. During your 3rd Standby Phase this card was Summoned, remove this card from play.

I got teh awesome pics from Shanoa. =D

162875tn9.jpg

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special summoned except by sending 2 face-up Spell Cards you control to the Graveyard.This card gains 700 ATK for each Spell Card in your Graveyard. Once per turn, you can switch an opponent's Spell Card effect that specifically designates 1 monster as a target to another correct target.

162875eq6.jpg

When this card is Summoned, destroy 1 card on the field. Any Battle Damage this card inflicts to your opponent becomes 0. If this card is destroyed by battle, you can choose 1 card from your Deck, and add it to your hand.

Tah-Dah!

Here are the cards that I am entering for the contest:

CSTVA-001RichterBelmonttheLastVampi.jpg

CARD EFFECT

This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set except by Tributing 2 LIGHT mosnters. Once per turn, you can pay 1000 Life Points to destroy 1 Equip Spell Card equipped to this card. If you use this effect, apply the effect(s) of the destroyed Equip Spell Card to all other face-up monsters on your field until the End Phase. This card cannot attack during the turn this effect is activated.

CSTVA-002CharlotteAulintheBelnadesD.jpg

CARD EFFECT

If there are 3 or more Spell Cards in your Graveyard, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Increase the ATK of this card by 200 for each Spell Card in your Graveyard.When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, you can add 1 Spell Card from your opponent's Graveyard to your hand. This card cannot be activated until your next turn. If this card is destroyed, remove from play all Spell Cards in your Graveyard and inflict 200 damage to your opponent for each card removed.

You must be REALLY random to have requested for me to rate this contest o_o...

Well, since this doesn't happen everyday, I'll fork up some time to actually read the effects and rate upon those...

-----------------------------

@Albus: Terrible OCG on Dmitrii Blinov, overpowered.

Dario Bossi's effect is fine, but I don't like it's uselessness.

@Shanoa: "...on your side of the field..." Dracula's fine.

And for Soma Cruz, I like it a lot, and it appears to be fine. Good job ^^.

@Frozen.Sub-Zero: "...1 monster on your side of the field with "Belmont" in its card name." "...remove it from play instead." Because I have not seen other "Belmont" monsters, I cannot determine if this is underpowered or not, because adding 100 points doesn't seem to be a lot. Oh, and that reminds me. "...100 points..."

For Joachim, one word: underpowered.

@I marluxia I: Capitalize the second Summoned. Add a space after the second period. If this card gains 700 ATK for each Spell Card in the Graveyard, its starting ATK CANNOT be unknown. Basically, Shanoa does not have an ATK, unless you change the effect for it to be EQUAL to something, or change the starting ATK. You might want to notice that next time =P.

Succubus's effect seems a little too bland. Lacks originality.

@SaTuRnPaLaDiN: Lol, you spelt 'monsters' wrong. Effect of Richter Belmont seems original. I like it. Good for Warrior decks.

Even though you italicized the card effect of Charlotte Aulin, I noticed you didn't add a space after the second period. Hehehehehe. Nice try o_O?

"This card cannot be activated until your next turn." What was this effect suppost to mean? Charlotte = super overpowered beyond overpowerness.

-----------------------------

Sorry guys, Shanoa wins this time =P.

I'm sure whoever reads this, will agree with me =P.

Guest PikaPerson01

I've never played a Castlevania game, but I do know the jist of them, and I've heard of them.

On-topic:

Dmitriii Blinov

Art is awful. Stretched out and plain blackground.

Effect is substandard. It looks as though the text says "After 8 turns of your turns." Eight would take far too long to be even remotely decent.

OCG errors, like mentioned already.

Going with the effect, it's stats are abysmal

Dario Bossi

Same issues as above. Terrible art.

Effect is poor. Destroys field spells, of all things. In decks that need their spell cards destroyed like Ancient Gears, there are better options. Fire Tuners do exist, but overall... it's just too much work for too little pay off.

Stats are... passable, for a level 5, but not for it's effect, attrib, and type.

Soma Cruz, Dracula Reincarnated

Oh it's a nomi. It's already a minimum 3 card endevour. (Foolish Burial on Dracula + Monster Reborn on Dracula + SS this card.)

Art's nice.

It has less stats then the card used to SS it which is... icky.

For it's effect, equipping monsters is only useful for two of the effects, but if I recall correctly, something in the game about equipping souls or something, so I guess the equipping mechanic is relevant to the card. First effect is lulz worthy.

Second effect may have been more broken, if it didn't require 4 turns of set up.

Last effect... wouldn't do much for most cards it hit. Monarchs and Stratos already use their effects when summoned. DAD and JD would be banned before this card would even be remotely considered to be put into any deck. D-Heroes... maybe Diamond Dude? Overall, depends what kind of deck this would go in.

Dracula, the Lord of Darkness

Decent art.

First sentence of the effect seems unnecessary, unless your gonna main Mystic Plasma Zone or something. And MPZ would be useless without this card on the field, so your cards would probably already be dark.

Second effect is meh. Yeah, Dracula keeps coming back to life, so I guess it's kind of theme-ish. But the fact that is has to be destroyed by battle, has to remove 5, and comes back during your next endphase makes it a poor effect.

Stats are passable.

Leon Belmont

This card is a nomi, and is completely useless. There is zero point in looking at it, soley for the fact that no other "Belmont" cards exist in real life or in the remainder of the cards given here. For all we know, all "Belmont" cards are 1001 attack Level 7 monsters with the effect of "This card can not be special summoned."

Art is decent, though he looks like a woman.

Joachim

Art is decent.

Useless, horrible effect. Might as well just use Summoned Skull. Nothing more must be said.

Shanoa, Ecclessia's Hope

Lol Hamon summoning conditions.

Not many commonly run spell targets. The few that do are Brain Control, Monster Reborn and Soul Exchange.

Attack automatically starts at 1400, but it can at times be higher then Hamon's.

Level and Def is irrelevant, except for the fact that it could have been level 4 and at least searchable by RoTA.

Succubus, A Beautiful Death

Best effect so far, but I haven't read the fifth guy's cards yet. One of the few I'm glad WASN'T a Zombie. The "Any Battle damage ... becomes 0" really kills it's playabilty though. Picture is alright, but something about it seems a little odd. Like, compressed poorly.

Stats make it survive most. Level 7 is... meh.

Richter Belmont The Last Vampire Killer

Ugh, I just read the first two sentences and I can't stand it. Paying 1000 LP to produce a -1!? Effect could be funny with United We Stand and Scapegoat, but considering it's summoning conditions, it's mostly not worth it.

Charlotte Aulin The Belnades Descendant

So, it's a more broken version of Cyber Dragon? Spells are rather easy to activate (Especially drawing based spells or 1-1s like RoTA or E-Tele).

"This card cannot be activate until your next turn." Lol bad OCG.

---

The one thing about these cards is that every last one of them seems to be a standalone card. They don't blend at all with any other themes or subtypes, and pretty much none of them have support that already exists. I'm not sure what kind of deck I'd play these cards in.

I'm not sure what the contest is supposed to measure though. How closely it got to the spirit of Castlevania or how they stack as... actual cards.

I guess If I had to vote for someone, I'll give it to the fourth person. *Scrolls up*. I marluxia I for being the least terrible.

tl;dr version: Lol.

Archived