Sonic

gabe295

Do you like Sonic  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you like Sonic

• Yes
    • No, he sucks

Sonic´s cool......BUT SHADOW OWNZZZZZ HIM!!!!!!!! GO SHADOW' date=' THE ULTIMATE LIFEFORM!!!!!!!!

[/quote']

Shadow lost his credability in Shadow the Hedgehog.

Did NOT! Shadow was cool from the start, and IS cool until the bittersweet end!

He was cool in Sonic Adventure 2 (except for that one line where he says "I'm the coolest."). Had they just killed him off right there, he would have undeniably been the best single-use character in the Sonic series. Their first mistake was bringing him back in Sonic Heroes. Their BIG mistake was making a game about him that associated him with guns.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

A note on the following post: I view Sonic mainly as a fanfic writer, so my views of the characters have likely been warped due to my interpretations of them as displayed in my fanfics.

Shadow, as a character, did not actually lose much in Heroes. Rescue by Eggman isn't so implausible; after all, Eggman was observing from the ARK, and he almost certainly had sufficient robotic strength either on the ARK or on Earth to salvage Shadow before he struck the mesosphere. Earth's gravity is significantly weaker at the point where Shadow fell, as shown by the fact that ARK, an artificial construct, can orbit Earth in an area in which gravity was only slightly weaker. In fact, the fact that Eggman was constructing an army of Shadow robots actually adds to his character, as it becomes obvious that Shadow takes great pride in his individuality, and is traumatized by the prospect that he might be part of a larger whole.

Of course, Shadow the Hedgehog for GC killed his character completely, except for the fact that an alien race provided blood donations to him. I used that to bring in the Black Arms (as opponents to the Metarex, not world-eaters) into the mythos, though that mythos involved copious amounts of postmodern capitalism as defined by TEH BRAIN.

A note on the following post: I view Sonic mainly as a fanfic writer' date=' so my views of the characters have likely been warped due to my interpretations of them as displayed in my fanfics.

Shadow, as a character, did not actually lose much in Heroes. Rescue by Eggman isn't so implausible; after all, Eggman was observing from the ARK, and he almost certainly had sufficient robotic strength either on the ARK or on Earth to salvage Shadow before he struck the mesosphere. Earth's gravity is significantly weaker at the point where Shadow fell, as shown by the fact that ARK, an artificial construct, can orbit Earth in an area in which gravity was only slightly weaker. In fact, the fact that Eggman was constructing an army of Shadow robots actually adds to his character, as it becomes obvious that Shadow takes great pride in his individuality, and is traumatized by the prospect that he might be part of a larger whole.

Of course, Shadow the Hedgehog for GC killed his character completely, except for the fact that an alien race provided blood donations to him. I used that to bring in the Black Arms (as opponents to the Metarex, not world-eaters) into the mythos, though that mythos involved copious amounts of postmodern capitalism as defined by TEH BRAIN.

[/quote']

1) Last I checked, Shadow was BELOW THE ARK when he "fell". Which means that he was closer to Earth. Which means that the gravitational pull was STRONGER. Besides, a) when the glow behind him disappeared, so did he, which means he couldn't have fallen. b) Even if he did fall, the final level for Shadow (Final Chase) shows that he can't survive the atmosphere heat. Not to mention Amy tells both Super Sonic and Super Shadow to "get out of there because it's too dangerous," also supporting the fact that he would have died from the atmosphere heat should he have fallen.

2) The way they portrayed Shadow made it seem like he died in the end, no? So the way they spontaneously brought him back for Round 2 at the beginning of Sonic Heroes was not only confusing, but also kinda anticlimactic.

A note on the following post: I view Sonic mainly as a fanfic writer' date=' so my views of the characters have likely been warped due to my interpretations of them as displayed in my fanfics.

[/quote']

1) Last I checked, Shadow was BELOW THE ARK when he "fell". Which means that he was closer to Earth. Which means that the gravitational pull was STRONGER. Besides, a) when the glow behind him disappeared, so did he, which means he couldn't have fallen. b) Even if he did fall, the final level for Shadow (Final Chase) shows that he can't survive the atmosphere heat. Not to mention Amy tells both Super Sonic and Super Shadow to "get out of there because it's too dangerous," also supporting the fact that he would have died from the atmosphere heat should he have fallen.

2) The way they portrayed Shadow made it seem like he died in the end, no? So the way they spontaneously brought him back for Round 2 at the beginning of Sonic Heroes was not only confusing, but also kinda anticlimactic.

1. Stronger, as acknowledged, but only barely — he can't have been more than five meters away from ARK. Also, note that Super Shadow leaves a glow of its own — it could well have been residue from Super form, if only when artistic license is taken. Thirdly, it would be implied in Final Chase that Shadow managed to reach the mesosphere, at which point he would certainly have been incinerated.

Amy would not have known that Eggman's robots had populated ARK (or some other atmospheric station, if you'd like), and hence would have no way of knowing that Sonic/Shadow wouldn't hit the mesosphere.

To rebut the argument that ARK was already flaming prematurely, note that ARK has far greater surface area than Shadow, and would therefore suffer far more damage than friction. Also, ARK had all of its power redirected to thrusters that in turn were propelling it towards Earth, while Shadow was only free-falling; hence, ARK was falling much faster than Shadow was.

Note that, for the purposes of keeping Shadow alive, I assume that the battle transpired in the lower exosphere; hence, Shadow would have fallen through the ionosphere only, and never reach the mesosphere. An advocate of Shadow's demise could argue that the fight transpired in the ionosphere, therefore leaving nowhere for Shadow to fall; this bit of evidence is purely subjective.

2. Perhaps, but several novelists have managed to pull a false death off. Worlds Apart did it for part III, and I certainly didn't start hating it then.

Hum... I like Sonic, why? Because i love the spins loops and habilities that he can to in each stage! ANd yeah Sonic 2D is better (I think i said this because i don't have any kind of videogame where are Sonic in 3D), the last "almost" 3d Sonic that i plaied was Sonic Battle and it kinda suck.

I just noticed something.

Sonic´s cool......BUT SHADOW OWNZZZZZ HIM!!!!!!!! GO SHADOW' date=' THE ULTIMATE LIFEFORM!!!!!!!!

[/quote']

No.

Sonic > Shadow. Shadow is... really boring. Especially in ShtH for GCN, and, obviously, Sonic 2006. He's only interesting in SA2/B, Battle, and Heroes, and in each, only so you can watch an apparent badass's mind turn on itself as a) his world turns upside down, or b) someone properly cares about him. Even in Dark Brotherhood, which was an excellent game plot-wise, Shadow was extremely cold and professional, though this may be due to bitterness from SA2/B and Heroes.

Sonic, on the other hand, is the ultimate 'cool guy' — a bit like Superman in that the world idolizes him. He needs to keep this façade running even through such emotional roller-coasters as turning into a werewolf, being backstabbed by a genie, Amy, and Blaze.

I hate Sonic's Final Smash in SSBB' date=' because it's so *Shapesnatch*ing annoying!

"Now I'll show ya!" *Turns ugly and flies around like an idiot.*

[/quote']

I assume that by that you mean that it pwn't you like Chuck Norris while an opponent controlled it, and then got you killed during your attempts. Because it's pretty effing awesome to just shove your opponents into the boundary at apparently uncontrollable speeds.

Also, the SONIC 9 QUESTIONS OF DEATH are related to this, so I'll link shortly.

EDIT: The link is here! Fear the 9 QUESTIONS OF DEATH...

Archived