The Power of the Draw

Below is a list of useful draw cards, feel free to discuss them. I've also added bonus obvious (or at least should be) descriptions to each because I can. Feel free to discuss them, their fodder, their listworthiness, the ones that I'm missing, and everything in between. Also, despite the fact that it's screamingly obvious, I'll add nate's contribution of "lol there gud 4 combos."

Elemental Hero Bubbleman:

Generally useless due to its situationalness, but if you can pull it off, it's a Pot of Greed. It also has its own Deck type, Bubbleman Burn, which isn't competitive by any means, but could be fun to play around with.

Morphing Jar:

If timed correctly, (when you have no cards and your opponent has many), this card can generate huge advantage.

Allure of Darkness:

The only 2-for-2 Attribute-specific draw card, and the Attribute it favors happens to be DARK, the most dominant Attribute. The only reason DARK users have not to run is if they don't have access to it.

Card Destruction:

Great in conjunction with Super Rejuvenation or Dark World.

Card of Safe Return:

Can cause a loop with 2 Manticore of Darknesses to draw as many cards as you want. Also good draw card for Decks which rely heavily on revival, like Zombies.

Cup of Ace:

It's Pot of Greed if it works out. It's better than Pot of Greed for your opponent if it doesn't work out. If your Deck can't abuse it, you shouldn't run it.

Common Charity:

Allure for Normal Monsters, but since Normal Monsters aren't commonly used, this, despite its name, isn't commonly used either.

Gladiator Beast's Respite:

Gladiator Beast decks don't usually run this, but it's still out there, and is unique in being a 3-for-3.

Dark World Dealings:

Can help your opponent, but can also help OTK/FTK Decks which need to run through their Deck like water.

Destiny Draw:

D-Heroes happen to be DARK, and since it's the ruling Attribute and D-Heroes are good cards even without being DARK, D-Draw's a very practical card.

Hand Destruction:

Same sort of deal as with DWD. Can help your opponent but if there's a combo you're trying to accomplish badly, it's practical.

Rare Value:

Crystal Beasts' draw card. Should be run in 3s in any Crystal Beast Deck.

Solar Recharge:

A must in Lightsworn, it's their counterpart to D-Draw. LIGHT still doesn't have an Allure counterpart, but this is somewhat compensated for by Lightsworns' Deck thinning abilities.

Super Rejuvenation:

Has huge potential in conjunction with cards that discard to draw, like those mentioned in this thread. It's unfortunate that it only kicks in during the End Phase. It's fun that it's a Quick-Play, but using it in your opponent's turn is impracticle, since discarding/tributing is nearly impossible in their turn.

Trade-In:

Another huge 2-for-2. Works especially well in Decks like nomi turbo where there're an abundance of LV8s.

Upstart Goblin:

Another +0, which is usually all you'll get in a Draw card, the +1000 to your opponent can be a problem though, take advantage of this in Decks like Exodia, where your opp's Life Points are meaningless, or Decks like Cure Burn where you can damage your opponent wth this.

Accumulated Fortune:

It's a Pot of Greed if you can meet its condition. It's not going to be easy to meet its condition though.

Good Goblin Housekeeping:

It's a -1, a +0, and then a +1. You're better off running Jar or Spirit of Yata, which are +0, +0, and +0s respectively, since you may not get to the 3rd copy by the end of the Duel.

Jar of Greed:

A basic +0 Trap. Can be nice.

Legacy of Yata-Garasu:

Jar of Greed with an extra bonus against Spirits. You're not likely to go up against Spirits unless you're in Traditional, where Yata is frequented. The vast majority of the time this'll be a Jar of Greed, but if you have to run either, run Spirit, if you can run both, run both.

Reckless Greed:

A -1 in most situations, but if you're in a situation where you're fairly sure that you can finish your opponent within the next 2 turns, don't hesitate to use it.

inb4coolstorybra.

inb4[/topic]

inb4thistopicisstupid

inb4tl;dr

inb4somenoobwhodoesn'tknowwhatthey'retalkingaboutruinsthread

inb4someonenegatesthisthread

inb4someonenegatesdeseinb4sSplendaVenusprotectsdeseinb4s

inb4"witty"trollcomments

inb4theseallsuck

inb4youforgotpotofgreed

inb4can'tinb4

Some cards you didn't mention:

Rare Value:

Draw card for Crystal Beasts. It is a +1 to the hand size, but you lose 1 CB in your S/T zone which isn't that hard to get back to the field (or get more from the deck).

Card Destruction:

Amazing card in Dark World. It's a -1 for yourself and helps/ruins your opponent's strategy. Play it on your first turn and you discard 5 cards to draw 5, pretty amazing.

Morphing Jar:

Possibly the only +5 that's not banned.

It single-handedly created its own mind game. Without it, no one will go extend their S/T zone when they see one set monster + some set S/T.

Dark world loves it.

Spirit of Yata is only good when facing a spirit deck(almost never happens)' date=' I use 3 copies of Reckless in my Exodia deck(just for fun), and Jar of Greed is pointless when you draw it if you're losing. As for Allure and D Draw, they're used in the top deck(Tele DAD), so they're good.

[/quote']

Spirit of Yata can be used with spirits themselves.

Spirit of Yata is only good when facing a spirit deck(almost never happens)' date=' I use 3 copies of Reckless in my Exodia deck(just for fun), and Jar of Greed is pointless when you draw it if you're losing. As for Allure and D Draw, they're used in the top deck(Tele DAD), so they're good.

[/quote']

I once saw 7 colored fish in the top 16. It must be good.

[/quote']

Not unless you've got Creature Swap or Mystic Box.

Nate: Pics or it didn't happen. I find that hard to believe lol.

[/quote']

You creature swap a spirit and your opponent's monster. Activate Yata for a +1. Smash your own spirit or do something else to let your spirit return to your hand during the End Phase.

[/quote']

Show me 1 spirit deck that doesn't main Swap and box? Also, would a link work?

[/quote']

A screenshot would be nicer but sure. Got and main ain't synomonous. Corporal, thanks for restating what I stated.

[/quote']

A screenshot would be nicer but sure. Got and main ain't synomonous. Corporal, thanks for restating what I stated.

I simply refuse to take screen shots of Metagame.com, it makes my computer vomit.

[/quote']

I thought it was reasonable for a combo like that to be in most Spirit decks(which it is), I forgot to put in my last sentence.

The guy lost the match, he didn't quite make top 16 I'm guessing, because I'm not seeing Dow Moua's name in it after a quick skim, just that Jeremy guy's, so no, I won't weep, or weap for that matter.

Even if it were so, Crimson King was referring to the fact that D-Draw and Allure are commonly mained in a dominant Deck type, which is much different from some guy siding 7 Colored Fish for teh lulz.

Archived