The Power of the Draw

And what stops you from milling all 3 GGH? o.O

The same thing that stops you from milling Heavy' date=' Reborn, and Brain.

[/quote']

So Nothing is the answer correct? Thats all i needed to read.

I kind of side with this.

Anyone think about the idea that perhaps you can also mill all your copies of judgment dragon so wouldn't that mean you shouldn't run judgment dragon in lightsworn...ugh

[/quote']

Anyone think about the idea that perhaps you can also mill all your copies of judgment dragon so wouldn't that mean you shouldn't run judgment dragon in lightsworn...ugh

The only difference is GOOD Ls Decks main cards like Beckoning Light and Monster Reincarnation. And yes, it is still possible to mill All those cards, but wouldn't That Situation be really situational?

[/quote']

The only difference is GOOD Ls Decks main cards like Beckoning Light and Monster Reincarnation. And yes, it is still possible to mill All those cards, but wouldn't That Situation be really situational?

Milling 3 Good Goblin Housekeeping is no more situational than milling Reborn, Brain, and Storm.

I still probably wouldn't run it, but that doesn't stop "you might not draw it" from being a terrible argument against using it.

[/quote']

Milling 3 Good Goblin Housekeeping is no more situational than milling Reborn, Brain, and Storm.

I still probably wouldn't run it, but that doesn't stop "you might not draw it" from being a terrible argument against using it.

Thats the argument Im trying to make for 3 GGH + Emergency Provisions. Simply Saying "Situational" Is not enough to excuse good combos.

[/quote']

Thats the argument Im trying to make for 3 GGH + Emergency Provisions. Simply Saying "Situational" Is not enough to excuse good combos.

There is a fundamental difference between "you might not draw Card X" and "you might not have Card X and Card Y in your hand simultaneously, and Card Y is a completely dead draw unless you also have Card X in your hand".

So the Definition of "Situational" Changes when Two different Strategies come up. I don't think so. Now if we were talking about Playability' date=' I would have agreed with you. As far as situational goes, Id take my chances with Drawing 12 cards any day over 3.

[/quote']

A combo's situationality (that should be a word) depends on how likely it is to be pulled off and how likely it is to produce dead hands. The probability of pulling off a one-card combo is radically higher than the probability of pulling off a four-card combo. The one-card combo also has a drastically lower risk of dead draws than the four-card combo. Therefore, the one-card combo, by definition, is less situational than the four-card combo.

I'd love to hear what magical definition of "situational" you have.

situation

• noun 1 a set of circumstances in which one finds oneself. 2 the location and surroundings of a place. 3 a job.

— PHRASES situations vacant (or wanted) chiefly Brit. jobs currently available (or sought).

— DERIVATIVES situational adjective.

Its not so Magical. It basically Just summed up what you posted in 1 Sentence.

And what you are talking about is Playability. I agree with you. However, Im going to put you in a situation. You have a choice of running a LS deck with the main focus of milling 2 copies of a trap card from your deck, and activating the last card with no other securities to protect the combo. Or A deck that mains 3 Of the same trap card and for some reason, nothing better to do than hold onto them and until you acquire 1 Emergency Provision to combo and draw 12 cards. Or you could run neither, and run a much more efficient deck.

situation

• noun 1 a set of circumstances in which one finds oneself. 2 the location and surroundings of a place. 3 a job.

— PHRASES situations vacant (or wanted) chiefly Brit. jobs currently available (or sought).

— DERIVATIVES situational adjective.

Its not so Magical. It basically Just summed up what you posted in 1 Sentence.

Pity it doesn't.

At all.

Does "situational" in this context refer to "a set of circumstances in which one finds oneself"? No; it refers to some property of those circumstances that the OED definition of "situation" does not explain. Does "situational" in this context refer to "the location and surroundings of a place"? No. Not at all. How about "a job"? Nope. Maybe "jobs currently available (or sought)"? Again, no. We are indeed talking about "situational adjective", but its definition doesn't seem to have actually been posted here.

How about you stop throwing around OED definitions of the wrong word that fail to actually resolve anything?

Definitions Define, not Determine. The set of circumstances that you brought into question is how likely it is to be pulled off and how likely it is to produce dead hands. The answer in both cases is, very.

The probability of pulling off a one-card combo (Which is completely wrong when your placing three cards into 1 deck type, non the less I understand exactly what your trying to say.) is radically higher than the probability of pulling off a four-card combo. The one-card combo also has a drastically lower risk of dead draws than the four-card combo. However, one combo gets a deck centered to achieve set combo, while the other needs Luck to pull of 1 single card. Both are pretty bad if you sit down and think about it. Im throwing these cards in a deck just to draw for no actual reason besides just drawing cards.

This Breaks down into Playability. Would either Combo be worth Playing under the circumstances that no other Draw mechanic is possible. Im hope you would agree that both are a huge waste of time.

Guest PikaPerson01

on the GGH and EP discussion here' date=' EP is not a dead draw, it's a +1000 lp, if you can play another spell, and that's not hard.[/quote']

Should we now also run Poison of the Old Man? It's a +1200 LP, and you don't need to play another spell along with it.

on the GGH and EP discussion here' date=' EP is not a dead draw, it's a +1000 lp, if you can play another spell, and that's not hard.[/quote']

Should we now also run Poison of the Old Man? It's a +1200 LP, and you don't need to play another spell along with it.

I was going more on the dead draw part, and it does have the power to do more than just 1000, you can get all the way up to 4000 if the situation presents itself, and while that is not all that likely, 2000 is. don't underestimate a bit of extra lp, it has saved me more times than I can count.

I was going more on the dead draw part, and it does have the power to do more than just 1000, you can get all the way up to 4000 if the situation presents itself, and while that is not all that likely, 2000 is. don't underestimate a bit of extra lp, it has saved me more times than I can count.

How is 2000 likely? Oh and while life gain has its uses in some decks most decks that swarm the field and nuke the opponent more than likely have a way of dealing a total of 10,000 damage.

How is 2000 likely? Oh and while life gain has its uses in some decks most decks that swarm the field and nuke the opponent more than likely have a way of dealing a total of 10,000 damage.

play a spell activate a trap, EP and there, 2000.

or just activate EP when you have heavy storm or the like to deal with, your going to lose them anyway, so make it worth something.

and just to say, while it may not be your style, I often have several chainiables available.

and just to say, if they are trying to nuke and swarm, I usually can stop or at least impede it with what I have, if I couldn't I wouldn't stand a chance.

Appropriate is something I like to use in certain decks. It allows you to captialize on the majority of the decks using Trade-in, Allure of Darkness, and Destiny Draw by letting you draw an additional 2 from your deck when your opponent draws outside of their draw phase. The only downside to this card is that you have to wait for them to draw outside of their draw phase first to activate it meaning you don't get to draw 2 upon activation. However, any drawing they do after that is netting you a +2. It wouldn't be hard to captilize on this against your opponent's allure's, d-draws, and possibly trade-in. However, you can force the activation of this card with d-hero defender, dark bribe, morphing jar, hand destruction, card destruction, dark world dealings, etc... I personally love captilizing on this card when possible but your deck type has to be very specific to splash a copy or three of this card in your deck. Obviously, Exodia decks capitalize on this card as you can wall it up with defenders and burn through your deck with a huge draw engine.

Beginning of the End:

This card works wonders in teleDAD/Dark/DDT/D-End Dragoon Decks. Various ways to abuse this card. Firstly, the above decks will most likely run a copy or 3 of Diamond Dude. The spell line-up usually favors that ability to discard a normal spell. A free +3 is amazing at any point in the game. You can make the combo more consistent by running Plaguespreader Zombie's to spin Beginning of the End for the free +3. However, it's a great late game play when you draw into DAD but have overflooded your Grave with Darks. RFGing 5 to get you back to 3 to drop DAD down on top of drawing 3 cards is too good. Would have worked even better in a Dark Armed Return strategy if Dimension Fusion was still legal and Return From a Different Dimension was still at 3's. The biggest issue is that it becomes a dead card if you draw it too early but keeps your late game options open.

Archived