Putting animals to sleep( Killing them)

Dictator7

Then we should cure the animals too.

You didn't get the idea.

The animals are only put to sleep when there are no options left. Of coarse they are going to try to cure the dog, but if there's no options left, why keep the animal alive and let is suffer?

If we can put animals down' date=' then why can't we put other people to sleep? Us, as a community, put down perfectly good animalsy with nothing wrong with them, but we can't put down messed up people that are going to die anyway?

[/quote']

We give animals a much greater chance to live. We only put it down when it will inevitably die (or, for an exception, put it to sleep when it's suffering so badly with no prospect of an end to this)

I disagree with killing animals in the pound though. Because they don't get that long and they're usually fine. I can understand the constraints of running a pound but I don't think killing them is the answer.

If theres nothing more you can do for an animal other than putting it down thats fine but you shouldn't kill the healthy ones but idk what you'd do with them. Any thoughts?

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

If we can put animals down' date=' then why can't we put other people to sleep? Us, as a community, put down perfectly good animalsy with nothing wrong with them, but we can't put down messed up people that are going to die anyway?

[/quote']

They do put people to sleep. Get your facts straight.

Also, euthanizing is generally merciful. A life of torment is worse than death; the logic of prison applies to this topic as well.

why cant the people that put the animals down see that.

They probably have no animals of their own.

yeah. idk how an animal lover could work at a pound cuz they have to kill all those animals. The problem is how many stray animals there are, and how to control the population. As bad as it is that animals are being put "to sleep" what disgusts me more are the people who would leave a box of kittens at the dump, the people who don't take care of their animals. If people were more responsible and looked after their pets, other people wouldn't be killing animals every day. Its disgusting that people can abandon their animals and leave them to die, and even if they survive they could be caught by the pound and then killed. As bad as it is that people are killing animals, at least they're doing something instead of just leaving living things behind for someone else to kill. That is truly despicable, and those are the people who are at fault. If people didn't abandon animals, than humane societies could be truly humane since they would only have to take care of lost animals . And the thing about lost animals is that people should put collars on their animals to keep them from getting lost. So in general people just need to take better care of their animals, which is the best way to stop animals from getting killed.

I said it would be difficult to be an animal lover at the pound when they kill so many animals. And there would still be a pound, but they'd kill less animals cuz they would mostly just find and return lost ones and occasionally pick up a stray or two that could be adopted.

Archived