[TWD] Scapegoat.

I thought we were talking about Scapegoat here. Monarchs I always used to believe were LOL ATK with a Kick Ass effect. I even mentioned Banning the one that Destroys a Moster at one time :P

Also on the Subject of Tributes. Wouldn't it be a little easy to get 4 Tribute Materials? The Tokens are merely a Defence wall and can pay for various Effects. Tribute Summoning using them would have made Scapegoat Broken. Just my 20 Pence.

We're talkin' 'bout Scapegoat... what could've been, if we allowed the sheep to be slaughtered and offered to the proverbial imperials.

Anyhow, on the Tributes:

They're finite Tribute fodder, on the same Level as Stray Lambs or Dandylion or Fires of Doomsday. I don't see what's the fuss with such.

4 Tokens. Not to mention that oiur Sheep Producing friend is a Quick Play. If it was a Normal Spell then MAYBE. Stray Lambs is the perfect Middle Ground. You get 2 Tokens that can be used for Tributes but only during your Next Turn, also it's a Normal Spell. I'll say it again. Scapegoat was mostly designed for Defence and to pay for costs.

Why not just Edit this Thread to include the Lambs? And again, that would make the Duel completely turn around. Even Game Breaking if you need say 2 Tributes to get your Big Beastie out. At the beginning of a Duel if you play Stray Lambs there's a good 60-70% chance that your Opponent can only destroy one token giving you a good chance for a Tribute next Turn.

With Scapegoat you're almost 100% Guarenteed a Tribute.

To J-Max:

Some Pojo regulars hate me for puttin' too many threads (amongst others).

And, yes, same could be described for Dandylion + a Monarch. Game-alterin', yes. Banworthy combo? Not.

To Crab:

After postin' on the Tragoedia thread, I changed mine mind.

Grinder Golem it is!

I don't deck this' date=' and in many situations, Fires of Dooms day is better.

[/quote']I ran Fires when I played my Monarchs(with 3 copies of Caius and 2 copies of Jinzo), and they seemed to work well in place of Scapegoats. The problem with Scapegoats is of the non tributable kind.

I don't deck this' date=' and in many situations, Fires of Dooms day is better.

[/quote']I ran Fires when I played my Monarchs(with 3 copies of Caius and 2 copies of Jinzo), and they seemed to work well in place of Scapegoats. The problem with Scapegoats is of the non tributable kind.

UWS is banworthy.

Nah' date=' too many ST removal...

ST Removal is banworthy...

[/quote']

Awesome, a card that wins the game during the user's turn when it is activated can be countered by cards that ought to be banned anyhow, and thus should remain legal.

Is it just me, or is YCM gradually getting dumber?

Archived