Just a thought..

Bloodrun

I wont name any names, nor will I directly speak to anyone, I am just going to say this:

For whom it may concern, we Moderators, both that of Normal and Super capabilities; Come here to voluntarily help this site. We don't do it because were paid, we do it because we want to, and because at one point in time, we liked to do it.

It is very rude, and very impolite to accuse those cleaning up your dirty mess.

More then once a day moderators are yelled at, and blamed for something beyond there control.

For instance those moderators whom do not have powers in a specific forum, while there is no moderator on the simply lock a thread. These moderators try to do their job, which is to keep the peace, in the simplest of manors. But what gives you the right to chastise these moderators, yell at them, swear at them, blame them, and then expect them to not retaliate?

Super Moderators like Darth, get blamed for alot of things, take this thread for instance:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/thread-93256-lastpost.html

He/We, are simply doing are jobs, we cannot control all the out comes of the daily life of YCM. We can merely lesson the blow.

We are not perfect, no one is perfect.

We do not expect respect, we merely show it.

We try are best, and all we are asking for in return, is a simple Thank You.

That's all I have to say.

*applaud*

Exactly what I keep telling people, Mod's aren't your slaves, they are your friendly helpers. They don't have to do sheet for us, they do it because it is their responsibility as moderators. When they mess up tell them in a polite manner and don't act like an jabroni. They are just fixing your sheet. So as Avarice said. STEP OFF!

We offer up our Free Time to Mod the Forum. I don't get many complaints thank Goodness and most of the PM's I recieve from Members are usually requests to Lock and. Stuff.

Insults that come my way are usually ignored and not Replied to. I Mod whenever I wish and won't come at the demand of Members. People seem to believe that just because you are a Mod that you have to be on the Forum 24/7, That I CANNOT do, I have a very fun Real Life and adore Video Games so I offer whatever Time I can to the cause.

If you have any Problems then try to take it to PM or MSN/Yahoo. Don't make Threads on YCM saying things like "The Mod Team Fail". Imagine if you were a Mod. You would get the same Stick we do from time to time.

*applaud*

Exactly what I keep telling people' date=' Mod's aren't your slaves, they are your friendly helpers. They don't have to do s*** for us, they do it because it is their responsibility as moderators. When they mess up tell them in a polite manner and don't act like an a******. They are just fixing your s***. So as Avarice said. STEP OFF!

[/quote']

Lol suck-up.

*applaud*

Exactly what I keep telling people' date=' Mod's aren't your slaves, they are your friendly helpers. They don't have to do s*** for us, they do it because it is their responsibility as moderators. When they mess up tell them in a polite manner and don't act like an a******. They are just fixing your s***. So as Avarice said. STEP OFF!

[/quote']

Lol suck-up.

Lolz that the way I roll ;)

If you can't mod and you don't have the time to mod, then don't.

It's simple, there are probably better people for the job. I don't agree that they get blamed for everything, and I understand that they're human, but I've seen SO MUCH better Mods then the ones on this site.

If you can't mod and you don't have the time to mod' date=' then don't.

It's simple, there are probably better people for the job. I don't agree that they get blamed for everything, and I understand that they're human, but I've seen SO MUCH better Mods then the ones on this site.

[/quote']

Then leave and go to that site.

Everything isn't going to go your way.

As far as I am concerned, this is YCM, not some other forum. Mods here, are for YCM, not for your interests.

If you aren't doing a perfect job, you shouldn't be getting thank you's. And while I'm rather annoyed that you didn't see I gave image credit to my cards, I still side with you.

If someone doesn't like the shape of a site they should be pro-active. And if they think the mod is making a mistake, they shouldn't flip out.

I noticed that while people always talk about people sucking up to mods, and this is very much true, some people are overly critical, simply because the person is a moderator. Yes, a mod should have better qualities than most members, and no that isn't always the case, but jabroniing about it won't help.

If you can't mod and you don't have the time to mod' date=' then don't.

[/quote']

Then leave and go to that site.

Everything isn't going to go your way.

As far as I am concerned, this is YCM, not some other forum. Mods here, are for YCM, not for your interests.

If it weren't for the members here, I'd gladly leave. I hate the management on this site. It's poor and I'd much rather return to PC.

If you aren't doing a perfect job' date=' you shouldn't be getting thank you's. And while I'm rather annoyed that you didn't see I gave image credit to my cards, I still side with you.

If someone doesn't like the shape of a site they should be pro-active. And if they think the mod is making a mistake, they shouldn't flip out.

I noticed that while people always talk about people sucking up to mods, and this is very much true, some people are overly critical, simply because the person is a moderator. Yes, a mod should have better qualities than most members, and no that isn't always the case, but jabroniing about it won't help.

[/quote']

Not to argue with you on the rule which I extremely hate, but image credit requires a link to the exact picture, unless the picture is on an inappropriate site.

FB, like I have said before, if you don't like it, leave. Other words don't complain about it to the other people who want to stay here.

Moderator =/= Member. I learnt this from Icy soon after I took up the Role. Also lik I said before, Imagine if you were given say a 48 Hour Trial to prove yourself as a Mod, then you would see what the Mod Team goes through and think twice about carrying on. I carry on as a Mod due to my love of the Custom Card section and the respect I have for Card Makers young and old. Sure I may get special treatment and attention in CC. But a good 70%+ is due to my Skills. I also don't expect Special Treatment from Members. Just a Thanks from time to time (I get nice PM's as well you know) Makes the role much more worthwhile to me.;

Yeah, being an admin is so much easier than being mod.

If you aren't doing a perfect job' date=' you shouldn't be getting thank you's. And while I'm rather annoyed that you didn't see I gave image credit to my cards, I still side with you.

[/quote']

Not to argue with you on the rule which I extremely hate, but image credit requires a link to the exact picture, unless the picture is on an inappropriate site.

FB, like I have said before, if you don't like it, leave. Other words don't complain about it to the other people who want to stay here.

Then should I link to the youtube vid?…

Yeah' date=' being an admin is so much easier than being mod.

[/quote']

Then should I link to the youtube vid?…

Yes, image credit is image credit, and youtube isnt explicit is it?

Well then, I suppose I should thank you for keeping realistic (mostly) clean of spam and other *coughARTCREDITNEEDEDcough* rule violations. I remember when you first started modding CC, I thought "man, that bloodrun is really on top of things"

Guess I should have said it out loud, lol :q

See? These mods are always offering free time that they have to moderate this site when YCMaker's away, and some members treat them like s***. You people out there do know that they could be doing other things, but instead they sacrifice their free time to help us on YCM! Darth spends so much time helping people with their name changes, Avarice is helpful everywhere, and Raven is extremely helpful in General! I'm sorry to you other mods who I don't know as well who I am forgetting, because I know you work just as hard as the mods I have named. So, thank you, moderators of Yugioh Card Maker. Thank you.

See? These mods are always offering free time that they have to moderate this site when YCMaker's away' date=' and some members treat them like s***. You people out there do know that they could be doing other things, but instead they sacrifice their free time to help us on YCM! Darth spends so much time helping people with their name changes, Avarice is helpful everywhere, and Raven is extremely helpful in General! I'm sorry to you other mods who I don't know as well who I am forgetting, because I know you work just as hard as the mods I have named. So, thank you, moderators of Yugioh Card Maker. Thank you.

[/quote']

suck up =/

Theirs a fine line between voicing an opinion and blunt accusations which MANY members have crossed. It's one thing to hate a particular mod for his/her actions but to declare war against the whole mod team is not only dumb but like signing your own perma-ban contract.

See? These mods are always offering free time that they have to moderate this site when YCMaker's away' date=' and some members treat them like s***. You people out there do know that they could be doing other things, but instead they sacrifice their free time to help us on YCM! Darth spends so much time helping people with their name changes, Avarice is helpful everywhere, and Raven is extremely helpful in General! I'm sorry to you other mods who I don't know as well who I am forgetting, because I know you work just as hard as the mods I have named. So, thank you, moderators of Yugioh Card Maker. Thank you.

[/quote']

suck up =/

Theirs a fine line between voicing an opinion and blunt accusations which MANY members have crossed. It's one thing to hate a particular mod for his/her actions but to declare war against the whole mod team is not only dumb but like signing your own perma-ban contract.

You should know I'm a suck up if you've read that "Time to Raid YCM" Joke.

*applaud*

[/quote']

lol, so true it's funny. Anyway, great speech Avarice. People need to understand what mods really are, and that they aren't perfect. And J-Max also has a point. They can't always be on the internet, they have lives. So everyone who wants to complain about a mod, live with it, because it's gonna get you nowhere. If you have a problem, just neg them. It's as simple as that. You don't have to make a pointless thread of all the wrong things mods do, and usually they do the right thing, so you're probably complaining about the right things they do. Anyway, the main thing is, complain about a mod, you're not gonna go anywhere. Simple as that.

Archived