Quality Instruments Thread.

Careless Whisper

Alright, ... In this thread, there will be a list of instrument brands that are reccomended to newcomers to musication, or just want to go out and buy a new instrument and don't know what to get. You may also use this thread for discussing instrument brands as long as there is no flaming or spamming.

Each brand has a catagory, you may add a brand to the reccomendations lists if you'd like. It'll start out with my suggestions.

Guitar:

--Schecter

--Fender

--Ibanez

--Gibson

--Yamaha

--Epiphone

Bass Guitar:

--Fender

Drums:

--Pearl

--Mapex

--Tama (For beginners)

Cymbols:

--Zildjian

--Sabian

Drumheads:

--Evans

--REMO

Drumsticks:

--Innovative Percussion

--Vic Firth

Bass Pedals:

--Trick Pro-V1 (Top of the line and incredibly expensive)

--Axis Longboards (Also top of the line, slightly less expensive)

--Pearl Eliminators

--Tama Iron Cobras

Amps:

--Chrono

--Ibanez

--Lyon

other catagories can be added, because I might have forgotton some.

Oh, and when I'm not here to update the list with anything suggested, a Super Moderator, or future Music moderator can update this post by adding to the list.

Bass Pedals

Trick Pro-V1 (Top of the line and incredibly expensive)

Axis Longboards (Also top of the line, slightly less expensive)

Pearl Eliminators

Tama Iron Cobras

Avoid at all costs

DW-4000 (I wasted 200$ on a double, I really regret it)

guitars (all ibanez)

Ibanez-S prestige

Ibanez-ST34

Ibanez-BTB 200

ibanez-E144

Ibanez-E Herman Li Custom.

Drums.

Roland-TDs (all of them)

Peart Electric J-S7

Pearl Hardkit custom.

Amps

Chrono

Ibanez

Lyon

Sticks

Pro Mark XS (extra small) plastic tips

Promark 2S (dual thick Snare) plastic tips.

Thats all the equipment I've ever used.

guitars (all ibanez)

Ibanez-S prestige

Ibanez-ST34

Ibanez-BTB 200

ibanez-E144

Drums.

Roland-TDs (all of them)

Peart Electric J-S7

Pearl Hardkit custom.

Amps

Chrono

Ibanez

Lyon

Sticks

Sure, Ibanez is cool, but I'm only putting the brand name on there. All that custom crap shouldn't be reccommended.

Also, considering all those drum equipment, ....how long do you think all that stuff will last. I'll say about 3 more monthes should do.

I've used both of those sticks, and I snapped them in half in the first week. That's why I reccommend Innovative Percussion. They hit good, they are comfortable to hold, and they last for a long time.

Those Amps are cool, they sound good. But I never use them.

5Bs are okay. But Vic Firth is like a basket compared to Innovative Percussion. Those sticks are pretty sweet. They never break, they can be ordered in custom fashions, and they bounce off the drum like a rubber ball, much easier to to play with.

And does anyone use that stupid gripping wrap that they put on drumsticks? I hate it...it shows how weak people are when their hands are sweating. Key thing, when your drumming like I do, your hands sweat like a fountain.

I had a pair of Zilidjan dips' date=' and the rubber stuff gave me some nasty blisters.

[/quote']

Phhh... You should be getting splinters instead.

As for cymbols, how often do you clean them?

Mine don;t need cleaning. I cleaned them yesterday, apart from the chine, which shattered at the end of playing Prayer for a Refugee by Rise Against. lol

I had a pair of Zilidjan dips' date=' and the rubber stuff gave me some nasty blisters.

[/quote']

Mine don;t need cleaning. I cleaned them yesterday, apart from the chine, which shattered at the end of playing Prayer for a Refugee by Rise Against. lol

I just dust them every now and then, using that cymbal cleaner stuff makes me nervous.

[/quote']

I just dust them every now and then, using that cymbal cleaner stuff makes me nervous.

How does it make you nervous? It cleans the cymbol if you use it right.

[/quote']

Usually when I use cleaning products like that there's giant spots from the bleach and such. So I'm not risking my cymbals due to my disability to use cleaning products.

[/quote']

Usually when I use cleaning products like that there's giant spots from the bleach and such. So I'm not risking my cymbals due to my disability to use cleaning products.

Just follow the instructions on the bottle.. lol All you have to do basicly, is squeeze some onto the cymbole, spread it around with a cloth, then take another cloth and rub it all in applying alot of pressure. lol

guitars (all ibanez)

Ibanez-S prestige

Ibanez-ST34

Ibanez-BTB 200

ibanez-E144

Drums.

Roland-TDs (all of them)

Peart Electric J-S7

Pearl Hardkit custom.

Amps

Chrono

Ibanez

Lyon

Sticks

Sure' date=' Ibanez is cool, but I'm only putting the brand name on there. All that custom crap shouldn't be reccommended.

Also, considering all those drum equipment, ....how long do you think all that stuff will last. I'll say about 3 more monthes should do.

I've used both of those sticks, and I snapped them in half in the first week. That's why I reccommend Innovative Percussion. They hit good, they are comfortable to hold, and they last for a long time.

[/quote']

Pro-Mark sticks r gud for Drum Kits. The snare sticks are great too. Vic Firth sticks are too heavy. Zidijan sticks are too light. Pearl sticks are nice plastic tips.

guitars (all ibanez)

Ibanez-S prestige

Ibanez-ST34

Ibanez-BTB 200

ibanez-E144

Drums.

Roland-TDs (all of them)

Peart Electric J-S7

Pearl Hardkit custom.

Amps

Chrono

Ibanez

Lyon

Sticks

Sure' date=' Ibanez is cool, but I'm only putting the brand name on there. All that custom crap shouldn't be reccommended.

[/quote']

Pro-Mark sticks r gud for Drum Kits. The snare sticks are great too. Vic Firth sticks are too heavy. Zidijan sticks are too light. Pearl sticks are nice plastic tips.

I don't think you quite understand how to drum strongly. If not, then I'll explain something about drumsticks.

You want them heavy, it means you are strong and by playing with a good strong grip and using nice and flowing strokes, then you are a strong player. Also, never go for the plastic tips, they produce very bad sound. In drumming, you want to look for sound quality, strength, and rhythm. If you play with a stick that is lighter than Vic Firth, then you won't really produce alot of sound. Vic Firth is already light enough. Try looking for Innovative Percussion, they have sticks that'll pack a serious punch into those drum heads.

Just a reccomendation though. But seriously, look into some Innovative Percussion sticks, they'll build a drummer out of you.

Archived