Seriously Underrated: Great Maju Garzett

This card is seriously underrated. The ATK of GMG is double the ATK of the monster used for tribute. if you tribute a 4 star monster w/ 1800 ATK, hes got 3600 ATK! really good for 6 stars!

One time i sacrificed my Raviel for him. 8000 ATK. then i used call o the haunted on Raviel. Killer.

Does anyone agree?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually, yes he can. if you special summon a monster the correct way the first time, you can use call or premature burial on it.

basically:

Step 1- summon Raviel

Step 2- if destroyed, use Call!

Direct quote from the official Website about Dark Necrofear:

If "Dark Necrofear" is destroyed, you can Special Summon it from your Graveyard with "Monster Reborn", "Premature Burial", etc. as long as it was Special Summoned correctly before being destroyed.

Here is the ruling on Armed Dragon LV7 with Monster Reborn

It isn't raviel but it applies all the same because raviel says "This card cannot be Special Summoned Except..."

The thing about Necrofear is correct but that card states "This card can only be Special Summoned by..."

CAN I USE "MONSTER REBORN" ON MY "ARMED DRAGON LV7"? Added January 2005

No, you will never be able to Special Summon ?Armed Dragon LV7? with ?Monster Reborn? because ?Armed Dragon LV7? is a monster that can only be Special Summoned by the method described in its text. These monsters can be identified by the text ?This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by ??. This means that the method described after the ?except by? is the only way that monster can ever be Summoned. This prevents it from being Special Summoned from the Graveyard with ?Monster Reborn?, ?Call of the Haunted?, or any other effect, even if it was properly Summoned by its own effect first.

Some earlier prints of cards do not have the ?This card cannot be Special Summoned except by?? text, but are still included in this category of monsters. These cards include ?Exodia Necross?, ?Berserk Dragon?, and ?Mirage Knight?.

If a Special Summon-only monster is successfully Special Summoned to the field, using the proper method, and is then sent from the field to the Graveyard, you may use "Monster Reborn", etc. to revive the monster back to the field, and you do not have to use the proper method again. (For example, if you Special Summon "Aqua Spirit" by removing 1 WATER monster in your Graveyard from play, and "Aqua Spirit" is then destroyed and sent to your Graveyard, you may use "Monster Reborn" on "Aqua Spirit" without having to remove another WATER monster in your Graveyard from play.)

from the website. under the heading "Can i discard Dark Necrofear and use Monster Reborn on it". second paragraph.

so ha! actually thats probably good for you because now you know you can get Dark Necro-awesome back!

AH-HA read the first 6 words "if a Special Summon-only monster" so yes, it does work for Dark Necro-Super awesome cool, but not for your "Cannot be Special Summoned Except" Raviel. It doesn't seem like a few little words could cause that much difference in their effects, but unfortunately it does. I was ticked to find out my "Dark Paladin" couldn't be brought back, but I made a deck with it none-the-less.

You really don't know anything about Yugioh, Yugiohmastta? Commenting from another post you made actually.

Ohhh, come on HORUS, your strategy with maju is already beastly, you don't even need raviel to come back, although he is really sweet.

Really, I'm kind of surprised, I can remember every card from every set, just gimme the name and I'll tell you at least the effect, sometimes the Atk and Def but not always

:shock: I never thought about Magic Cylinders, did that ever get played on a beefed up Maju?

no but i got a mirror force on GMG with 8000, Raviel, Dark Necrofear, and Dark Ruler. that really sucked!

Me too i know lots of effects (Except on new cards like E-heroes). i know a lot about the rules and stuff too... Except for summoning Raviel...

oww, I hate mirror force (mostly because I don't have one :cry: )

Yeah I havn't memorized the new cards yet. It's not like I take the time to memorize each card, I just get acquainted with the card in duels and card packs and such and it just kind of sticks to my brain :P

Do you go to a hobby store or something like that, because that's where I really started to learn the game completely. Really, if you can find a safe hobby store, with people your age and keep an eye on your cards, it can be really good for your dueling and ruling understanding of the game... I forgot who told me that but they were right. I go there every other week.

my brother has mirror force. hes younger than me but wins a lot.

yeah i know what you mean. it just sticks.

I go to a Books-A-Million. a book store thats in my neighborhood. about 20 people go there. i go every saturday. its pretty cool!

yeah. i get lots of things from there. some kid threw two exodia pieces (Head and right leg) and an invader of darkness in the trash for some reason so i just reched in and got em! it was cool! Some of the people at the BAM are cool but some are jerks. some are really immature though. but its okay.

theres people who think theyre cool and bully people but they always get kicked out. its usually the same people every time. theres kids who do annoying things just to annoy everyone and talk really loud and dont listen to the organizers.

Them organizers got to get to pimp slapping those kids. Knock some sense into them. Yugioh is supposed to be fun and with people like them roaming around, it ruins the quality of the game... although :) I do enjoy dueling circles around them when they say they can beat anyone. :D

There is this one kid a the hobby league who was trash talking every one because he is a rich boy and has every card he could ever want, I told him if he didnt shut up I was going too shut him up mind you he is small. He didnt shut up so i picked him up walked out the back door threw him into the empty dumpster walked back in a received a standing ovation. because he is so small it took two people to reach down and pick him out of the dumpster it was awesome. He stopped trash talking imedently.

Archived