New Dark Synchro Tutorial | Amazing Quality | Uses GIMP

[align=center]This is my tutorial for making dark Synchros. If you would like to use these then please give credit, if I find anyone not using credit I will neg them and report them for Ripping. This Dark Synchro uses Gimp. If you do not have GIMP then there is a link below. I would like as many people as possible to see this thread so if you like it, please tell your friends! xD

Warning: Lots of Pictures!

GIMP

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1:

Firstly you need to save these images into a place where you will remember them.

[spoiler=Images]bottomor.png

star2.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 2:

Next you need to Downlaod this Template, again, save this in a safe place.

Credit to 2500st

Dark Synchro Tutorial

Step 3:

Now you need to prepare your card for becoming a Dark Synchro.

[spoiler=Card]Firstly you need to make a Synchro monster.

Then when writing into the 'Type' box you need to right ______ / Dark Synchro / Effect

Where I wrote the _______ That is where the type goes, like Beast, Warrior, Spellcaster etc.

After the word effect you need to leave loads of spaces so the original 'Synchro' and 'Effect' words aren't showing.

[spoiler=Bad Example]badexample.png

As you can see, there is still words showing at the end. This means you haven't left enough spaces.

[spoiler=Good Example]345351q.jpg

This is what your card should look like!

Now for the actual Tutorial!

[spoiler=Tutorial]

Step 1:

First Click on ‘File’ and then ‘Open as Layers’

[spoiler=ScreenShot 1] capture1qv.jpg

Open up your Synchro card.

[spoiler=ScreenShot 2] capture2l.jpg

Next, Click ‘File’ and then ‘Open as Layers’ again and open the Image that looks like part of a card

[spoiler=This Image] bottomi.png

Your card should look like this:

[spoiler=ScreenShot 3] capture3ki.jpg

Step 2:

Right, Now you need to select the ‘Move Tool’ from the ‘Toolbox’ Menu.

[spoiler=Toolbox] toolbox.jpg

[spoiler=Move Tool] capture4ca.jpg

Move the image of the small piece of card over the stars of your Synchro.

[spoiler=ScreenShot 4] capture5fj.jpg

Step 3:

Right, Open the ‘Layers Menu’ by pressing CTRL + L.

[spoiler=Layers Menu] capture6n.jpg

And then select the Layer with the piece that is covering the card. For me this is the Layer ‘Bottom’.

[spoiler=ScreenShot 5] capture7a.jpg

Your card will then look like this.

[spoiler=Card] card2z.jpg

As you can see, the card has a yellow box around where the stars were.

Next, Press ‘R’ and draw a box around the already made yellow Box. Then press CTRL I.

Step 4:

Now, once again click ‘File’ and then ‘Open as Layers’ and open the Template that you saved earlier.

When you have opened it, your screen should look like this.

[spoiler=ScreenShot 6][ URL=http://img686.imageshack.us/i/capture8dd.jpg/]capture8dd.jpg[/url]

As you can see, your card is not there anymore! That is normal and what we want to happen!

Now, Look at the Layers Menu again. As you can see lots of Layers have been added! Great!!!

Now, you see the Layer named ‘Dark_Syncro.xcf – test,jpg’? (You may need to scroll over a bit to see the full name)

[spoiler= Dark_Syncro.xcf – test,jpg’] darksyncoverkay.jpg

Click on it and then press the little Dustbin button.

[spoiler=Dustbin Button] dustbinbutton.jpg

This will Delete that Layer. Your card should now look like this…

[spoiler=Card] card3.jpg

Now, you need to also delete the Layers ‘Dark_Syncro.xcf – Blue Stars’ and ‘Dark_Syncro.xcf – Star Cover’

[spoiler=Blue Stars and Star Cover] bluestars.jpg

Now your card will look like this.

[spoiler=Card] card4.jpg

End of this Step…

Step 5:

Now, select the Layer ‘Dark_Synchro.xcf – Dark Sync Overlay’

[spoiler=Dark Sync Overlay] darksyncoverkayproper.jpg

[/b]Press ‘R’ and draw a rectangle around the picture in your card. (Not the whole card just the image in the middle)[/b]

[spoiler=Image in Center] imageyh.jpg

Then press CTRL + I again.

Next press ‘Colours’ at the top of the page

[spoiler=Colours] colours.jpg

Then press the button ‘Desaturate’.

[spoiler=Desaturate] desaturate.jpg

You will then see this box:

[spoiler=Box] boxk.jpg

Press the button ‘Lightness’ and then ‘Ok’.

You card will the be the Dark Synchro Colour!

[spoiler=Card] 18288331.jpg

Step 6:

Now to add some stars. Remember that star you saved earlier? Well press ‘File’ and then ‘Open as Layers’ and open the star.

Move the star to the position you want, using the Move Tool. (Remember stars for Dark Synchros are on the other side!)

When you have moved it your card will look like this.

[spoiler=Card] card5y.jpg

your card has more than one star, continue to ‘Open as Layers’ the amount of stars you want and putting them in the right place.

[spoiler=Top Tip]When putting your stars next to each other, press ‘View’ at the top of the screen where the ‘File’ button was. Then press the button that says ‘Zoom 100%’ this will open another window, click on the thing that says ‘Zoom 1600%’

Scroll round to you reach your stars and make sure your stars are one pixel apart.

[spoiler=Stars] starpixel.jpg

Do this with every star…

Step 7: (Only for Experts)

Now, you see where your effect box is. There is no ‘]’ on the end of Effect! Once again Zoom 1600% and go to where your effect is.

Then use the paintbrush setting and make it the smallest so it fills 1 pixel. Draw a ‘]’ on the end of effect so that it looks like this but on the opposite side.

[spoiler=Card] bracketra.jpg

You are finished!!!!!! Finally…

This is what your finished product should look like…

[spoiler=Finished] finishedq.jpg

Note: Mine doesn’t have the bracket on Effect.

Thanks for reading this, Reps appreciated![/align]

[align=center]This is my tutorial for making dark Synchros. If you would like to use these then please give credit, if I find anyone not using credit I will neg them and report them for Ripping. This Dark Synchro uses Gimp. If you do not have GIMP then there is a link below. I would like as many people as possible to see this thread so if you like it, please tell your friends! xD

Warning: Lots of Pictures!

GIMP

Step 1:

Firstly you need to save these images into a place where you will remember them.

[spoiler=Images]bottomor.png

star2.png

Step 2:

Next you need to Downlaod this Template, again, save this in a safe place.

Credit to 2500st

Dark Synchro Tutorial

Step 3:

Now you need to prepare your card for becoming a Dark Synchro.

[spoiler=Card]Firstly you need to make a Synchro monster.

Then when writing into the 'Type' box you need to right ______ / Dark Synchro / Effect

Where I wrote the _______ That is where the type goes, like Beast, Warrior, Spellcaster etc.

After the word effect you need to leave loads of spaces so the original 'Synchro' and 'Effect' words aren't showing.

[spoiler=Bad Example]badexample.png

As you can see, there is still words showing at the end. This means you haven't left enough spaces.

[spoiler=Good Example]345351q.jpg

This is what your card should look like!

Now for the actual Tutorial!

[spoiler=Tutorial]

Step 1:

First Click on ‘File’ and then ‘Open as Layers’

[spoiler=ScreenShot 1] capture1qv.jpg

Open up your Synchro card.

[spoiler=ScreenShot 2] capture2l.jpg

Next, Click ‘File’ and then ‘Open as Layers’ again and open the Image that looks like part of a card

[spoiler=This Image] bottomi.png

Your card should look like this:

[spoiler=ScreenShot 3] capture3ki.jpg

Step 2:

Right, Now you need to select the ‘Move Tool’ from the ‘Toolbox’ Menu.

[spoiler=Toolbox] toolbox.jpg

[spoiler=Move Tool] capture4ca.jpg

Move the image of the small piece of card over the stars of your Synchro.

[spoiler=ScreenShot 4] capture5fj.jpg

Step 3:

Right, Open the ‘Layers Menu’ by pressing CTRL + L.

[spoiler=Layers Menu] capture6n.jpg

And then select the Layer with the piece that is covering the card. For me this is the Layer ‘Bottom’.

[spoiler=ScreenShot 5] capture7a.jpg

Your card will then look like this.

[spoiler=Card] card2z.jpg

As you can see, the card has a yellow box around where the stars were.

Next, Press ‘R’ and draw a box around the already made yellow Box. Then press CTRL I.

Step 4:

Now, once again click ‘File’ and then ‘Open as Layers’ and open the Template that you saved earlier.

When you have opened it, your screen should look like this.

[spoiler=ScreenShot 6][ URL=http://img686.imageshack.us/i/capture8dd.jpg/]capture8dd.jpg[/url]

As you can see, your card is not there anymore! That is normal and what we want to happen!

Now, Look at the Layers Menu again. As you can see lots of Layers have been added! Great!!!

Now, you see the Layer named ‘Dark_Syncro.xcf – test,jpg’? (You may need to scroll over a bit to see the full name)

[spoiler= Dark_Syncro.xcf – test,jpg’] darksyncoverkay.jpg

Click on it and then press the little Dustbin button.

[spoiler=Dustbin Button] dustbinbutton.jpg

This will Delete that Layer. Your card should now look like this…

[spoiler=Card] card3.jpg

Now, you need to also delete the Layers ‘Dark_Syncro.xcf – Blue Stars’ and ‘Dark_Syncro.xcf – Star Cover’

[spoiler=Blue Stars and Star Cover] bluestars.jpg

Now your card will look like this.

[spoiler=Card] card4.jpg

End of this Step…

Step 5:

Now, select the Layer ‘Dark_Synchro.xcf – Dark Sync Overlay’

[spoiler=Dark Sync Overlay] darksyncoverkayproper.jpg

[/b]Press ‘R’ and draw a rectangle around the picture in your card. (Not the whole card just the image in the middle)[/b]

[spoiler=Image in Center] imageyh.jpg

Then press CTRL + I again.

Next press ‘Colours’ at the top of the page

[spoiler=Colours] colours.jpg

Then press the button ‘Desaturate’.

[spoiler=Desaturate] desaturate.jpg

You will then see this box:

[spoiler=Box] boxk.jpg

Press the button ‘Lightness’ and then ‘Ok’.

You card will the be the Dark Synchro Colour!

[spoiler=Card] 18288331.jpg

Step 6:

Now to add some stars. Remember that star you saved earlier? Well press ‘File’ and then ‘Open as Layers’ and open the star.

Move the star to the position you want, using the Move Tool. (Remember stars for Dark Synchros are on the other side!)

When you have moved it your card will look like this.

[spoiler=Card] card5y.jpg

your card has more than one star, continue to ‘Open as Layers’ the amount of stars you want and putting them in the right place.

[spoiler=Top Tip]When putting your stars next to each other, press ‘View’ at the top of the screen where the ‘File’ button was. Then press the button that says ‘Zoom 100%’ this will open another window, click on the thing that says ‘Zoom 1600%’

Scroll round to you reach your stars and make sure your stars are one pixel apart.

[spoiler=Stars] starpixel.jpg

Do this with every star…

Step 7: (Only for Experts)

Now, you see where your effect box is. There is no ‘]’ on the end of Effect! Once again Zoom 1600% and go to where your effect is.

Then use the paintbrush setting and make it the smallest so it fills 1 pixel. Draw a ‘]’ on the end of effect so that it looks like this but on the opposite side.

[spoiler=Card] bracketra.jpg

You are finished!!!!!! Finally…

This is what your finished product should look like…

[spoiler=Finished] finishedq.jpg

Note: Mine doesn’t have the bracket on Effect.

Thanks for reading this, Reps appreciated![/align]

You could just use an effect monster and eliminate half the steps and it would look better.

Also could you give me credit for the template?

This

Not being rude Bassa but there are much easyer way to make a synchro but I like your creativity.

They result though is too similer to norm synchros.

Archived