Good Luck Understanding This Card: My Best Work

chedbonlahor

This card was by no means easy to make. Tell me what you think **UPDATED**:

[img]http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/2538/217615.jpg[/img]

Special-Summon 1 "DNA Token" to your side of the field and select 1 face-up monster on the field. Using the first digit on the selected card's Serial Number, search through your deck for Monster Cards, counting the number of Monster Cards you see, until you reach the Monster Card of the selected digit. The Type of the "DNA Token" becomes that of the selected monster. The selected monster is placed back into the Deck and the Deck is shuffled. Using the second digit on the selected card's Serial Number, search through your deck for Monster Cards, counting the number of Monster Cards you see, until you reach the Monster Card of the selected digit. The Attribute of the "DNA Token" becomes that of the selected monster. The selected monster is placed back into the Deck and the Deck is shuffled. Using the third digit on the selected card's Serial Number, search through your deck for Monster Cards, counting the number of Monster Cards you see, until you reach the Monster Card of the selected digit. The ATK and DEF of the "DNA Token" becomes equal to that of the selected monster. The selected monster is placed back into the Deck and the Deck is shuffled. Using the fourth digit on the selected card's Serial Number, search through your deck for Monster Cards, counting the number of Monster Cards you see, until you reach the Monster Card of the selected digit. If selected monster is an Effect-Monster, the effect of the "DNA Token" becomes that of the "Effect Monster". The selected monster is placed back into the Deck and the Deck is shuffled.

What do you think??

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='BlindMonkey' timestamp='1282942014' post='4571935']
An innovating effect which will randomly save you or doom you. I'd love this guy to have Raviel's ATK and Dark Armed Dragon's Effect, OR to have Relinquished's ATK and a Vanilla description. This is an 11/10, really.
[/quote]

That's the beauty you could end up with something incredible or something very debhilitation. However you could use it tactically in the right deck it's not all at random :P I'm glad you like it.

[quote name='Demodude08' timestamp='1282942282' post='4571954']
Y'know what? You get a rep for how awesome this card is.
[/quote]

I could kiss you...I'm kissing the screen instead lol. I'm glad you like my card.

[quote name='maximillianpegasus' timestamp='1282942600' post='4571971']
Wow, this has lots of words!
Ha, but what if the selected monster has no serial number? What's the DNA Token's Level? What happens if you get a monster with ? ATK and DEF, and then a Vanilla? An effectless Token with ? ATK. Paradox, indeed. So, I give you a 7.3/10
[/quote]

You raise a good point. Let me adress all which you have said:

1. "what if the selected monster has no serial number?" - To begin with a player using this card would know how it works and therefore wouldn't pick a card without a serial number and secondly **All card's have serial numbers** The serrial number si the long numbder at the bottom of the card.
2. "a Vanilla?" - Simple, the monster would have no effect.
3. "What happens if you get a monster with ? ATK and DEF" - Indeed in this case you have a point, I shall cange the card accordingly, "(If the ATK or DEF of this card becomes ?, it is destroyed)" I am going to add this. This should even it out.

ammended.

[quote name='wero-vasto' timestamp='1282942445' post='4571965']
still have to pay the cost for the effects?
[/quote]

Yes the token gains the whole of the effect written on the card.

[quote name='.Ghost Rider' timestamp='1282946628' post='4572221']
[b][size="2"]Tokens need Stats.
If this is your best, I dont want to see your worst.[/size][/b]
[/quote]

If you happen to know being rude will get you nowhere. Tokens actually in this case do not need specific stats every time, in this case ATK and DEF will surfice along with Level Stars. In terms of me as a card maker, I dont have to prove myself to you, however if you want to take me on in a 1 on 1 please my friend feel free.

Do you accept my challenge?

[quote name='.Ghost Rider' timestamp='1282947016' post='4572234']
[b][size="2"]1v1 on wha? And all cards that summon tokens have Stats.
*Gets Scapegoat*[/size][/b]
[/quote]

But my token is a man made token, the thing which makes my card so unique is the fact that it is man-made which differs it from all other, it is in fact a more simplified version of a token. A 1 on 1 is a contest where we both put forth a card and the public decides who is the better card maker. So if I am such a poor card maker beating me in a 1 on 1 should be a breeze especially if I use this card.

Do you accept my challenge?? It can be any card you want.

[quote name='chedbonlahor' timestamp='1282946855' post='4572228']
If you happen to know being rude will get you nowhere. Tokens actually in this case do not need specific stats every time, in this case ATK and DEF will surfice along with Level Stars. In terms of me as a card maker, I dont have to prove myself to you, however if you want to take me on in a 1 on 1 please my friend feel free.

[/quote]

DOO EEETT.

I salute you being unique. I myself like it. Although i'd go over the effect again and check the wording and OCG.

[quote name='.Ghost Rider' timestamp='1282947482' post='4572270']
[b][size="2"]Every card that summons Tokens needs to state the stats of the Tokens.
EDIT: Its from My set so Im using it. Lrn2YCM[/size][/b]
[/quote]

In normal circumstances yes!! However you cannot simply give the token stats off the bat because it is the serial number of the other card that determins the stats of the Token. Theoretically I could give the token all the stats it needed however, it is not 100% necessary as all it needs is ATK DEF and Level stars.

You can't have a Token without Attribute/Level and even ATK/DEF (if they don't have, but you gain it from a effect, they must by like ATK ? / DEF ? , if they just don't have ATK and DEF, it must be ATK 0 / DEF 0).

How would this game work if activate a card that designates a certain type of Level card? Level 0? No cards like this was created until now. '-'

Archived