[Leaderboard] LAST CHANCE! Dante vs. Loki (Voting in progress)

Not-so-Radiant Arin

Guest Devil's Advocate

Never mind the title of the thread, it's basically just what your card submission is going to be about. This is, once again, for the leaderboard.

[spoiler=Rules about your Card]The card must be a Main Deck monster with the following text: "Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) when you have less than 2000 Life Points, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways...". No other requirements at this time.

First come, first serve. First to three votes wins, or whoever has the most votes by January 8th, 2013, 11:59 (UTC -06:00). All votes must have a valid reason, or it will not be counted.

Once a contestant is chosen, PM your card to me and both cards will be up in the OP.

[spoiler=Card A]

eFsFX.png

[spoiler=eff]Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) when you have less than 2000 Life Points, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Summoned and you control a Field Spell Card: Destroy that Field Spell card; you gain 1000 Life Points. During your Main Phase 2, if this card did not deal damage to your opponent this turn: All damage dealt to this card's controller from a battle involving this card is reduced to 0 until your next Standby Phase.

[spoiler=Card B]

149480.jpg

[spoiler=eff]Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) when you have less than 2000 Life Points, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Special Summoned; You can Banish up to 3 cards from your Graveyard: Your opponent discards the same amount of cards from their hand, and you take 300 Damage for each card discarded this way. You can only control one "Eraser of Existence - Dread Dragoon". While this card is on the field; If your Life Points would become 0: They become 100 instead.

Guest Yan-Tsundere Barrel

And what do mean by "must be special summoned"? Is it from your hand? Your deck? And MUST it be special summoned?

I think it should be something like "Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Can only be Special Summoned (from your hand) if you have less than 2000 Life Points." Does that sound right?

Guest Devil's Advocate

And what do mean by "must be special summoned"? Is it from your hand? Your deck? And MUST it be special summoned?

I think it should be something like "Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Can only be Special Summoned (from your hand) if you have less than 2000 Life Points." Does that sound right?

Yes. From the hand. I should have specified that.

Neither are cards I would ever use and neither really are effects I would want or need in a last resort scenario.

For Dante: If you are pushed back into a corner like the scenario suggests, chances are, your opponent doesn’t have a full hand or doesn’t really require those cards in his/her hand. The stuff you have to worry about would more likely be on his/her side of the field already. However, the big stall provided by its hefty DEF is a plus.

For Loki: You know... if its in Defense Position, any damage inflicted to this card’s controller from a battle involving this card is also reduced to zero. So there is no point unless my opponent has a piercer. The Ancient Fairy Dragon effect isn’t all that useful.

My vote goes to Dante for being slightly more usable.

Guest - Zero -

Neither one is even remotely playable :/

But id have to go with dantes because it can still discard two cards or something and be decent, the other one doesn't serve much of a valid purpose at all

Guest Devil's Advocate

Today's the last day of voting, so make sure to get your votes in by the deadline or a winner will automatically be declared.

Guest Yan-Tsundere Barrel

I've decided that I'm just going to end this contest early. That probably wasn't the greatest competition. :(

You're card still won, though. I agree with the voters; mine was practically useless.

Archived