Sora is Leaderboard (Finished!)

Sora1499

So, I'll be taking a challenger for the leaderboard. Your challenge is to make a monster that supports synchro summoning. It can be a new tuner that makes synchroing easier or allows for future synchro summons, it can be a non-tuner that supports synchros, it can be a synchro like Librarian, hell, it can even be an Xyz. Written cards are ok. PM me your card by tomorrow night please. No other rules. Oyea, first to 3 votes or most votes by Friday wins.

[spoiler='John's Card']29vf4w6.jpg
*Lore: When this card is sent to the Graveyard: Target a face-up monster on either side of the field and place 1 Spell Counter on it. If you activated this effect, during any of your End Phases: You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard in face-up attack position. After this card was Special Summoned this way and would be sent to the Graveyard, it is removed from play. Once per turn, you can remove 1 Spell Counter on the monster targeted for this effect to activate 1 of the following effects:
* Decrease the targeted monster's level by 1. While the targeted monster is on your side of the field, it can only be used as material for the Special Summon of a Synchro Monster.
* Increase the targeted monster's level by 1. While the targeted monster is on your side of the field, it can only be used as material for the Special Summon of a Synchro Monster.
* Target 1 Synchro Monster in your Extra Deck Pile; decrease its level by 1.
* Target 1 Synchro Monster in your Extra Deck Pile; increase its level by 1.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler='My Card']151866.jpg
*Quick Ruling: If you use Trash King as a synchro material monster, then you cannot revive him off of that monster being summoned.[/spoiler]

John - your card has an interesting concept (especially the effect which can alter the levels of Synchros in the Extra Deck), but it's a tad confusing, and in the end, it won't be doing much. Also, the card needs to be Normal Summoned, which makes it rather slow, and the level adjusting effects can be done by other means. Furthermore, the effect which allows it to Special Summon itself from the Graveyard is useless, since it's summoned during your own End Phase, which grants your opponent plenty of chances to kill it off before it can be used again.

Sora's card, on the other hand, can pull off some nice moves, such as reviving a used Formula Synchron or something of the sort. But even then, the decks that can use it still don't really seem need it. Nevertheless, it's a well-balanced card and it's pretty well designed from what I can see.

With that, my vote goes to Sora. Sorry, John!

It's hard to add something new to what was already said so eloquently but nonetheless here we go.

I give it to Sora. It clearly promotes synchro spamming on a non-tengu level. In fact if it wasn't for that ruling I would dare say its broken. It seems like it has a perfect place in synchro spammy decks because like School House Rock says three is the magic number. 

As for John...I don't know what to do with that. It had glow-up bulb potential but like stated before the special summoning during the end phase ruins it unless you had something on the lines of Urgent Tuning which is awful. So all of the other text is essentially pointless because it won't live long enough to use any of those effects. Though I will say that putting a spell counter on certain monsters could be a nice trick to pull off.

Archived