[Leaderboard]Fairy Support Contest! Dante vs. AznKvn [Closed]

Not-so-Radiant Arin

I'm here to defend my title as the leader in the Leaderboard spot. I thought I could get away with doing 3, but I need to go ahead and start up my 4th anyway.

Rules:

-- First to 3 Votes wins, as per Leaderboard rules. Or, whoever has the most votes by 2/8/2013, at 11:59 P.M. (UTC -06:00).

-- Card A, Card B format.

Rules about your submission:

[spoiler='Here!']The thread title says it all: You will be making support for Fairy-Type monsters. This can include any kind of form of searching, Summoning, Special Effects, etc., just don't make it Hyperion Level broken. To ensure this, the card submission must be Level 4 Fairy Type. This is mandatory. Everything else is up to you.

No further rules at this time.[/spoiler]

Once the contestant is picked, PM your card to me, and we shall start right away.

Card A

[spoiler='Card A']

M28AbMz.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']You can discard 1 card from your hand to Special Summon this card from your hand. While this card is face-up on the field neither player's can Special Summon monsters. Destroy this card if you control no Fairy-Type monsters or if you control a monster with more than 2100 ATK. While you control another monster, this card cannot be targeted for an attack.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Card B

[spoiler='Card B']

181348.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']When a Fairy-Type monster is sent from your field to the Graveyard: You can discard 1 card from your hand and Target that monster; Special Summon that Target to your side of the field. It's effect is negated until your next Standby Phase and it cannot attack. This effect of "Aeria Gloris" can only be used once per turn. When this card is destroyed by your opponent's card effect and sent to the Graveyard: You can discard 1 card; Return this card to the top of your Deck.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Minuses for Field Presence, or Minuses for Special Lock. Both are designed quite elegantly. However, I'll have to go with Aeria Gloris. Sure it can be problematic with cards such as Hyperion and other faries being revived, but it doesn't promote the plausible Royal Oppression-esque effect that Aurora does. That said, Vote goes to Card B.

I actually prefer card B as well, mostly because it's a much more interesting effect than card A. Both seem fairly balanced, and as someone who plays fairies decently often, I would actually prefer card B to card A in the deck, particularly since B would have much more use in it's effect. Using the effect is a bit costly, and  the opponent would probably try and kill him first to prevent you from just discarding to return to the field the destroyed faries, but it's still a useful card with an interesting gimmick to have. Also, since card A is level 3, and it states in the rules that the cards should be level 4, that's just another mark against card A in my opinion. So basically, my vote is for card B.

Also, since card A is level 3, and it states in the rules that the cards should be level 4, that's just another mark against card A in my opinion. So basically, my vote is for card B.

What? I sent a level 4 one before this started. Devil you didn't post the level 4 one....

I vote for Aeria Gloris aka Card B. 

Simply put it doesn't get in the way. Fairies can spam Gachis, Phoenixes, a Dark Mist, a Mist wurm maybe, and they are all non fairies. In addition Fairies are known for housing a couple of the best main deck boss monsters: Hyperion, Krystia, BLS (if you play chaos) so there is the over 2100 ATK thing. Sooo I would think in the ideal world you would just sit on Feerie and Bountiful Artemis and proceed to tell you opponent "no" over and over again. That or sit on it and some cloudians. Either way it seems like it supports underused fairies that would need a lot more support than just one card to be relevant again.

Aeria on the other hand...I support anything that can special summon Earth from the graveyard after you've tuned with it. I don't know if timing would allow that but right now I think it does. So I'm happy.

Aeria on the other hand...I support anything that can special summon Earth from the graveyard after you've tuned with it. I don't know if timing would allow that but right now I think it does. So I'm happy.

It will actually miss timing, since it's a "when...you can". In fact, both of its effects can miss the timing, but the second effect has a lot less room for missing the timing than the first effect.

Anyways, 2-0 Card B.

Archived