[Leaderboard] Hootcake vs Zextra ENDED

Zextra

Since no other Leaderboard 1v1s were posted today, and since it's been a day since my last, I'm assuming that I have permission to post this.

Rules:
• First to 3 votes or person with the most votes by the end of February 9th wins
• All votes must be supported by valid reasons to be counted. Valid reasons include, but are not limited to the following:

* How well the card interacts with the rest of the archetype.

* Is the theme between it and its archetype consistent?

* Playability
• First person to post saying they would like to enter will be my opponent

Prize:
1 Rep from the loser

Card Requirements:
Make an Xyz monster for an Archetype that currently does not have an Xyz boss monster.

Scoreboard:

Card A - Hootcake: 1

Card B - Zextra: 4

Card A:

133531.jpg

Effect:

3 Level 8 FIRE monsters
An Xyz Material detached from this card is treated as being destroyed. If this card is Xyz Summoned using a face-up "Fire King High Avatar Garunix": Your opponent cannot activate Trap Cards during the Battle Phase. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then destroy up to 3 FIRE monsters in your hand; Inflict 600 damage for each card destroyed this way. You cannot declare an attack with this card during the turn you activate this effect.

Card B:

cyberradiancechimerav2.png

Effect:
2 Level 5 Machine-Type monsters
You can Xyz Summon this card using 2 “Cyber Dragon” you control as Xyz Material. This card can attack a number of times per Battle Phase equal to the number of Xyz Materials on it. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card; attach 1 “Cyber Dragon” from your hand, field, or Graveyard to this card as an Xyz Material. When this card would be destroyed by a card effect: You can detach 2 Xyz materials instead.

This is hard. 

On the one hand Card A is stupid broken to me because it just triggers everything or no reason. But in that same aspect I can't figure out why you would somehow get another level 8 overlay then blast garunix (and the three other derp kings in your hand), when the garunix is just going to blast Dik-Pala anyway. So in short it seems like a middleman and basically saying drop all the fire kings in your hand and do their effects. If you can live through the turn you'll be safe because you activated the monster version of Dark Hole.

As for cyber...How does this support the cyber archetype? Granted its easier to get out. But its what, an easier chimeratech. I don't really see that helping out cyber dragon's much.

So for me the victory goes to Card A

As for cyber...How does this support the cyber archetype? Granted its easier to get out. But its what, an easier chimeratech. I don't really see that helping out cyber dragon's much.

Actually it still fully supports Cyber Dragons. The Archetype is OTK-ish, yea, and Chimera does just that. Plus, with built-in protection(and the ability to regenerate that, as well), your getting quite a good payoff from something like that.

though needing more Lv5s

It doesn't necessarily need Level 5s.
You can make plays with it in a similar manner to Cyber Dragon + Light Hex, though in this case, its Cyber Dragon + Proto-Cyber Dragon, for an Xyz that uses different leveled materials. So yea, its basically a second Cyber-Twin, but with more going for it.

I'm voting B, of course.

Archived