Sora vs Newhat [Leaderboard] (Finished! Sora wins!)

Sora1499

I just finished my previous 1v1, so I figured I'd do another.

Rules and Requirements:
*Make a rank 6 Xyz monster
*Written cards are ok.
*PM your card to me when you're ready.
*No other rules or requirements.

Winner is decided by whoever has the most votes by Thursday OR the first one to 3 votes.

[spoiler='Since yugico is down, written version of my card']Supreme Arcane Magician
DARK
Spellcaster/Xyz/Effect
2 level 6 monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz material from this card; reveal the top 5 cards of your deck, then, if any spell cards were revealed, you can set 1 of them in your spell/trap zones. You cannot activate that card, or a card with the same name, for the rest of this turn. When your opponent activates a spell or trap card: You can send 2 spell/trap cards you control to the graveyard; negate that activation, and send that card to the graveyard
2600/2200[/spoiler]
[spoiler='newhat's card']Xylo Trinket
LIGHT
Spellcaster/Xyz/Effect
2 level 6 monsters
Other monsters lose 2000 ATK for each DARK monster attached to this card as Xyz material. When another monster activates its effect: Attach 1 banished monster to this card for each of its DARK Xyz materials; negate the activation.
600/800[/spoiler]

Finished, Sora wins!

By far, my vote goes to Sora.

Newhat: Your card was okay, very confusing, bu somewhat okay. The card, though, is very OP in a way that barely any of your opponent's monster can destroy basically. The negating ability makes it even worse.

Sora: I.Love.Your.Card. 133425236/10. Its like pot of duality in a better, more generic xyz. Its perfectly balanced - since you show your opponent literally your next 5 cards. I honestly like it a lot. I wish I took this idea before you...

I vote for Sora because of splashibility and usability. newhat's card can only really be used in Monarchs and it then becomes another Herald of Perfection, except with boundless amount of ammunition through Ronintoadin, though it is killable with S/T, so all you need is a Forbidden Lance and you got an unbeatable wall which you can do nothing with because it also negates your own cards, all you do is stall and drag the game on longer than necessary.

Sora's card is perfectly balanced and I like it and I would definitely run it.

im gonna vote for sora as well. reveal 5 to set one spell that cant even be used that turn is useful but not overpowered. it can possibly bait msts etc if your opponent thinks that particular card is more dangerous than whatever else you have facedown. it would take skill and the right kind of deck to use effectively but it has potential and i wouldnt mind seeing it exist.

xylo trinket is just awful. even without the ability to attach MORE monsters to negate effects and boost its first effect, the first alone is too extreme. most decks dont even run monsters that can hit 4k. combo it with something like lance and its unkillable and makes the game awful from any perspective. no good.

Archived