[Leaderboard] SoulFire vs Aix [Finished]

[spoiler=rules]

1. All rules of 1v1 apply.
2. All spamming, trolling, flaming, etc. will be report on site.
3. Cards due 3 days after a contestant is chosen.
4. Voting ends a week after both cards are entered, first to 3 votes win. Voting Ends: 5/12/13
5. Winner will receive 1 LIKE from the loser
6. Please submit card through PM
7. This contest will be using the 'Card A' & 'Card B' system
8. Have fun   :D

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Requirements]

Create a monster that has an effect to tribute ones own monsters.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card A]

All-Consuming Greed Knight

[DARK/Level 4/Warrior/Effect]

When this card destroys a monster by battle: it gains 100 ATK and DEF. During either player's turn: You can Tribute 1 Effect Monster; draw 1 card.

ATK/ 1900 DEF/ 1150

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card B]

EnviousSnatcher.jpg

When a Reptile-Type monster battles, it gains 700 ATK during damage calculation only. If a Reptile-Type monster you control destroyes a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, you can Tribute this monster to Special Summon the destroyed monster to your side of the field at the end of the Battle Phase.

[/spoiler]

My vote goes to Envious Snatcher.

All-Consuming Greed Knight seems too overpowered. Its effect reads, to me at least, like a Quick Effect which allows you to Tribute a target for, say Mind Control, and you get to draw off of it. That, plus its already high attack, spoils what could be a really good card. I reckon just lowering the stats by 200 each would balance it. Also, a once per turn clause is absolutely Vital for this card, for because I could foresee Frog-xodia which just further breaks this guy.

Envious Snatcher, however, is a beautiful card. While it is restricted to Reptiles which need more play nowadays, its effect is both brilliant support for the type (Alligators would be sooo happy with him, and I am kind of sad this isn't an Alligator for that very reason) and its effect is not abusable because you can only Tribute itself.

I got a feeling that card A can do some sort of OTK here. But even if it couldn't, I still like card B way more, it's an extreamly nice Reptile support card, and it's destroy SS effect is quite balanced as you can't just fill up your field with your opponent's monster and then go for gold. So card B it is.

The system always fail

With no OPT clause it sure will be abused someway somehow, even now with frogs/nimbles this is too much.

All other control swap effects (that are not banned or is Big Eye) I can think of, are -1 for you, this is +0. And I am not sure its condition balance it....

I vote B.

Archived