[Leaderboard] ~Renegade~ VS. .codex [Winner: Renegade]

Ren✧

1. All rules of 1v1 apply.
2. All spamming, trolling, flaming, etc. will be reported on sight
3. Cards due 3 days after a contestant is chosen. Cards Due: 
4. Voting ends a week after both cards are entered, first to 3 votes win. Voting Ends: 6/9
5. Winner will receive 1 LIKE from the loser
6. Please submit card through PM
7. This contest will be using the 'Card A' & 'Card B' system
8. Have fun!

[spoiler=Card Requirements]

Create a Spell or Trap Card that supports LV monsters

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card A]

6syquh.png
¨If your opponent attacks or ativates a Spell/Trap Card or monster effect while you control a face-up “LV” monster: Negate that effect, and if you do destroy it, also your opponent cannot activate cards with the same name, and cannot use that monster as an Xyz Material until the End Phase, if they attacked, negate the attack and if you do, end the Battle Phase. If this card is sent to the Graveyard because it was activated and sent there, while you control a LV monster which was Special Summomed by the effect of a “LV” monster: You can banish this card, then target 1 “LV” monster you control; Special Summon 1 “LV” monster from an appropriate place listed in that target text, ignoring the Summoning conditions. If this Set card is destroyed: Draw 1 card.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card B]

PowerSurge.png?t=1370193630

Target 1 monster your opponent controls, and 1 face-up "LV" monster you control: Send the first target to the Graveyard. That target is treated as being destroyed by battle by the second target. If you successfully Special Summon a "LV" monster by the effect of an "LV" monster: You can banish this card in your hand or Graveyard; the Special Summoned monster gains 800 ATK until the End Phase. 

[/spoiler]

I'm up for that. Can it support an archetype diretly, or is it general support?

I seriously quoted this three times and each time it said something different. It can support a specific archetype if you prefer, just so long as that archetype is within LV monsters(obviously). I eagerly await your card.

I seriously quoted this three times and each time it said something different. It can support a specific archetype if you prefer, just so long as that archetype is within LV monsters(obviously). I eagerly await your card.

Sorry, I change my mind really quick, ADD you know. I will have the card send it just a few moments.

LV MONSTERS?! I completely forgot those existed.

So let's see here.

Card A has a long and confusing effect, although I think I get the gist of it. It seems to do a lot, and I fear that, that might make it OP'ed, although LVs are pretty under supported, so that has to be taken into consideration as well. Truthfully, it is like a Solemn Judgment specifically made for LVs, and while it doesn't destroy the monster, it has a mess load of other effects to back it up. Card B is obvious support for Horus and Armed Dragons, and I believe a Swordsman as well. It also gives an ATK boost for a LV monster, although the ATK boost is a bit specific and could probably be adjusted to not quite be so situational. 

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to cast my official vote. Card B.

LV MONSTERS?! I completely forgot those existed.

So let's see here.

Card A has a long and confusing effect, although I think I get the gist of it. It seems to do a lot, and I fear that, that might make it OP'ed, although LVs are pretty under supported, so that has to be taken into consideration as well. Truthfully, it is like a Solemn Judgment specifically made for LVs, and while it doesn't destroy the monster, it has a mess load of other effects to back it up. Card B is obvious support for Horus and Armed Dragons, and I believe a Swordsman as well. It also gives an ATK boost for a LV monster, although the ATK boost is a bit specific and could probably be adjusted to not quite be so situational. 

Thanks for the comment, but which did you vote for, lol?

EDIT: nvm, saw your edit.

Card A: 0

Card B: 1

I feel as if the person who made Card A was trying to overcompensate for something. It negates attacks, it negates effects, it prevents other copies of the same card from being activated, it temporarily prevents Xyz Summons, it brings out an upgraded "LV" monster, etc. One card shouldn't be able to do all of that, and I don't like a card that tried to do just that.

Card B gives those "LV" monsters who rely on destroying monsters through battle to take care of that requirement for progression. It really brings much needed support for that kind of "LV" monster, and I do think they need something like that.

Card B gets my vote since it focuses on a couple things that are related than trying to do everything.

Card A just has too much chainability, plus added effects that are just too much. Card B is also very powerful, basically a Gemini Spark for LVs, but still, my vote goes to it. It isn't nearly as crammed, and while it has an easier condition, it is practically better design.

Vote for Card B.

Archived