[Leaderboard] Zanda Panda vs Stone Cold Loki [Winner: Zanda Panda]

Sander

1. Normal Leaderboard Rules apply
2. First to 3 or when the contest ends (June 10th) wins.
3. Writtens are allowed

4. Cards will be presented in the Card A/B clause (ie do not leave any indication of your name onto the card or anything that might tick off other people).
5. Votes must be valid (ie a decent explanation on why you think your choice is better, not just "I like it")
6. Winners gets a point in the leaderboard, and gets a like from the loser

7. The goal is to make a Spell or a Trap card that supports / has to do something with Ice Counters.

[Spoiler=Card A]1yj2a.png

Flashfreeze
Continuous Spell Card
Negate the effects of all face-up monsters your opponent controls with 2 or more Ice Counters on them. Destroy this card during your 2nd End Phase after this card was activated.
[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler=Card B]

Frozen Body Time Travel (TRAP)

Trap Card (Continuous)
Banish all monsters with Ice Counters on them. When this card is removed from the field: Return all Banished monsters to their owner's field; remove any Ice Counters from any monster that was affected by this card.
[/Spoiler]

Damn, the picture in card A is amazing! But now for the cards. I like A a bit more. It seems more balanced, as you pretty much make your opponent unable to do anything with card B, I also don't understand this line "remove any Ice Counters from any monster that was affected by this card." What is that suppose to mean?

I also don't understand this line "remove any Ice Counters from any monster that was affected by this card." What is that suppose to mean?

Well any monster that was removed from the field would have no counters on them when they return presumably. 

And it is that effect which makes card B somewhat more balanced than it would be otherwise. However I dislike how this card absolves granularity of ice counters by effecting a monster with 1 ice counter just as harshly as it would effect one with 3 ice counters. This makes cards like Snow Dragon especially potent. However most cards that make Ice counters don't have this granularity either so this is probably more of a personal peeve than anything else. 

Card A does have a nice picture (even though I'm not judging it on that...), but it has granularity by needing 2 ice counters at least, giving a player motivation to concentrate their ice counters, which puts more strategy into the style of play in my opinion. It is also probably a little less powerful than card B, but still usable. 

I'll vote for Card A. 

I can't say I know a lot about Ice Counters, but from the design of the second card, if they can manage to put a lot of Counters on cards, that means that it will become very powerful, but also at the same time, they return when it leaves. Also, I think that the creator of the second card might think that Counters stay when it is banished. No, they do not. Counters are field only, so unless you want to invent a new concept, then that line is just silly to have. I'll go with card A.

Archived