[Leaderboard] SoulFire vs Aix [SoulFire wins]

[spoiler='Rules']
1. All rules of 1v1 apply.
2. All spamming, trolling, flaming, etc. will be report on site.
3. Cards due 3 days after a contestant is chosen.
4. Voting ends a week after both cards are entered, first to 3 votes win.
5. Winner will receive 1 LIKE from the loser
6. Please submit card through PM
7. This contest will be using the 'Card A' & 'Card B' system
8. No Writtens
9. Remove any evidence of who you are from the card
10. Have fun[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Requirements']Create a Continuous Spell or Trap that hinders Summoning. An example being Chain Energy.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Card A']
Mana Maze
[Continuous Spell Card]
You and your opponent cannot Summon a monster that is the same attribute as the monster previously Summoned.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Card B']
Taboo Magic - Penalty Drain
[Continuous Spell Card]
Each time either player activates a card effect or Summons a monster: Their opponent can banish 1 card in the player's Graveyard and/or 1 card from the top of the player's Deck. Shuffle this card into your Deck if your opponent has taken 2000 or more damage since this card was activated.[/spoiler]

I vote for Card A. It actually hinders Summoning, and it basically hurts the Decks that have only one (maybe two) Attributes in them. Card B just gives each player a slap on the wrist when they Summon, but it still allows Summoning to happen. I feel that the simplicity of Card A also gives it an advantage over Card B. So, Card A gets it for me.

I have to vote for Card A. There is nothing much more to it. I love the simplicity and effectiveness in it. Also, how original the design/effect is. Now, I won't say either of them don't "hinder Summoning", I just believe Card A does it better, and in a more original way.

I agree with what has already been said in the sense that Card B doesn't seem to have much synergy, but it can screw up decks that rely on the Graveyard (most decks, then). 

I like the simplicity of Card A, the effectiveness of it is questionable since it would either stall both sides, or if the two players have different attributes, create a take it in turn approach to summoning. 

Both cards are decent, but Card A seems like something that would actually be printed. I think Card B tries so hard that it becomes something altogether very strange. 

So I also vote for Card A. 

Archived