[Leaderboard] Zanda Panda vs ~Red~ [Cards up, vote pl0x]

Sander

1. Normal Leaderboard Rules apply
2. First to 3 or when the contest ends (June 15th) wins.
3. Writtens are allowed

4. Cards will be presented in the Card A/B clause (ie do not leave any indication of your name onto the card or anything that might tick off other people).
5. Votes must be valid (ie a decent explanation on why you think your choice is better, not just "I like it")
6. Winners gets a point in the leaderboard, and gets a like from the loser

7. Make a card that has something to do with the Summoning of token monsters.

[Spoiler=Card A]

Phantasmal Slug
Level 4 / DARK
Reptile / Effect
Once per turn: You can banish 1 card from your Graveyard whose effect lists the Special Summoning of Token monsters; Special Summon 1 "Phantasmal Token" (Reptile-Type/DARK/Level 4/ATK 0/DEF 1800) in Defense Position. Your opponents monsters lose 400 ATK for every Token monster you control.
1800 / 200
[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler=Card B]

Virus Breeder

Continuous Spell Card

Once per turn, during your Main Phase, instead of conducting your regular Normal Summon/Set: You can Special Summon 1 "Virus Token" (Fiend-Type/DARK/Level 1/ ATK 0/ DEF 0). A monster that destroys a "Virus Token" has its effects negated as long as it is face-up on the field. During your End Phase: You can send this card to the Graveyard and destroy any number of "Virus Tokens" you control, then target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls. The targeted monster loses 500 ATK for each "Virus Token" destroyed by this effect. If a monster's ATK is reduced to 0 by this effect: Banish it.

[/Spoiler]

Card A:

This card is really nice. Being a beat stick itself, even without targets it has something to bring to the table. The way it can Summon Tokens is very unique, and a very good approach at Token Summoning. The ATK drop on your opponents is also a very solid piece of this card, and the tokens it Summons aren't little Scapegoats that get killed by the first thing that looks at them. In numbers, it could get really scary, as for even 2 tokens would make your opponent have to have something with 2700+ ATK to fight a token/this monster itself. All together, great card. My only complaint (be it minor, it still bothered me), is the tokens have 0 ATK. Why is that an issue? The tokens rip the DEF from this card's ATK (so to say), so why not rip its DEF for their ATK! It bothered me, but again, a very minor detail.

Card B:

Playability wise, I think this card is lack luster for many reasons. The consumption of your NS/Set makes the card very slow, but ensures itself balance. The effect negation is nice, but nothing to great, as a Utopia, for example, could make great use in attacking one of these when its material is out. Also, since it's only one a turn, they could have a "designated" monster to take care of it. I would've liked to see something on the lines of "If a monster whose effect is negated by this card destroys a "Virus Token" in battle: That monster permanently loses 800 ATK." The removal is interesting, and very much flavorful (as this card very much is), but to much of a minus for what it could do. I think that this could be boosted to increments of 800, or really even 1000's, as for you would need 3 turns without NS/Setting to kill a simple Blue-Eyes.

Playability wise, Card A takes the cake (and eats it, then probably makes a token out of it). Flavor wise, Card B wins. However, I have to vote for Card A, as for if I did vote for Card B, it would be for the potential it could've had.

So, yeah, if you skipped to the bottom, Card A.

I find that Card A is pretty meh to be honest. The requirement for the effect to even work is bad, and only useful if your Token deck uses Spells/Traps, and while the Token got nice DEF stats, and the last effect applies to all Tokens, the fact that you are required to keep a Level 4 monster out isn't going to happen, so I'm going to vote for card B, it's still not all that useful, but it at least got more going for it I feel.

Mecha Phantom Beasts, Phantom Skyblaster, Gorz, etc. All provide tokens that Card A can utilize. It doesn't say Spell/Trap, just any card.

I know that. You would probably want to banish the Spells/Traps more than the monsters is what I'm saying.

I don't really see any hitting the meta, so gonna have to look at this through casual play. Obviously Card A can be used by the Mecha Phantom Beasts, but aside from that I don't see him getting much use, and even there, they do a well enough job on their own. Now there is the interesting effect of being able to weaken your opponent's monsters there, potentially getting it down by 1600 ATK. Card B's design is interesting, reminding me slightly of Jam Breeding Device. The second effect is pretty slow, but useful nonetheless. The negation of the monster that destroyed the tokens is nice. I think my vote is going to have to go for Card B. 

Archived