[LEADERBOARD] Me vs Soulfire FINISHED

Northern Sage

All YCM and Leaderboard rules apply.

First to 3 votes or most votes by the end date.

All voters must have a reasoning behind their votes.

Voters get a rep for voting.

The winner gets a rep from the loser.

End date is June 20th.

Writtens are allowed.

The condition is to make a Rank-Up Magic Card.

My Card:

229886.jpg

Target 1 face-up Xyz Monster you control; Special Summon from your Extra Deck 1 ”Number C” or ”CXyz” Xyz Monster with the same type as that target and 1 higher Level, by using that target as an Xyz Material. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon. Xyz Materials attached to that target also become Xyz Materials attached to the Summoned monster). Once per turn, if this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish 1 DARK monster from your Graveyard, then target 1 ”Rank-Up Magic” Spell Card in your Graveyard; Add it to your hand.

Opponent's Card:

Rank-Up-Magic - Electron Force
Normal Spell Card
Target 1 Face-Up Xyz Monster you control; Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 "Number C" or "CXyz" monster with the same Type as that monster you control but 1 Rank higher, and attach that monster (and its Xyz Materials, if any) to the Summoned monster as Xyz Material. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon.)Then, if possible, detach 1 Xyz Material from a monster you control and Special Summon it. Its effects are negated and it cannot be used as a Material for an Xyz Summon until your next turn.

I'm going to allow the problem with the first card, but I don't really think it is going to change my opinion much. While its nice to reuse, but the fact that it's not as useful in all Rank-Up decks can become a problem. The second card is interesting, and well balanced as well as its mandatory, so I'll vote for that.

You people who only voted for Card B because Card A had an error with the Level-Rank clause need to lighten up, or don't vote at all if you're going to vote for the card that is worse just because the other card had a small error in it.

Card A, because Card B does nothing for you in terms of advantage whilst Card A at least gives you something back in terms of re-usability, which decks that use Rank-Up Magic Spell Cards lack.

I, too believe that the error is in fact not that big of a deal (since all it really proves is that Ambrosia didn't copy and paste the Rank-up text from wikia xD). Therefore, I will be voting based off of what I see in their effects. Consistency is a problem with Rank-ups, since they require the Rank-up Magics. Therefore, the recycle ability in Card A is greatly needed for the deck.

As for Card B, I feel that it just doesn't do enough to impact anything - the monster Summoned is useless for a turn, which makes it far too slow. It really could have done without that Xyz limiting.

So Card A is my vote.

Enlighten us then, why do you think your card is so much better than Ambrosia's card?

I do not wish to argue and my card isn't "so much better", I just don't think my card is pointless like both you said. I won't respond to anything else said on this thread. Thank you everyone for voting!

Archived