[Leaderboard] Zanda Panda vs Ambrosia [CARDS UP]

Sander

1. Normal Leaderboard Rules apply
2. First to 3 or when the contest ends (June 21th) wins.
3. Writtens are allowed

4. Cards will be presented in the Card A/B clause (ie do not leave any indication of your name onto the card or anything that might tick off other people / or just do the card in written form).
5. Votes must be valid (ie a decent explanation on why you think your choice is better, not just "I like it")
6. Winners gets a point in the leaderboard, and gets a like from the loser

7. Make a card that has something to do with Summoning Normal Monsters 

[Spoiler=Card A]

Northern Spirit Draugr
Continuous Trap Card
Special Summon this card as a Normal Monster (Zombie-type/DARK/Level 4/ATK 1000/DEF 1800). (This card is also still a Trap Card.) If this Set card is destroyed: You can send 1 Zombie-type monster from your deck to your Graveyard.
[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler=Card B]

Revive the Colossus
Normal Spell Card
Target 1 Level 7 or higher Normal Monster in your Graveyard: Banish monsters from your field or Graveyard whose combined Levels are equal to or higher to the targeted monsters Level; Special Summon that target. That monster cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster or as an Xyz Material during the turn this card was activated, and any Battle Damage inflicted by this monster is halved.
[/Spoiler]

I'll take this on preliminarily to see how the new rule about 2 1 on 1s work.

You can join 2, join 1 and make 1, or make 2. As long as you are in 2 at a time with that condition.

That is what Striker told me. So yeah, PM me the card etc. etc.

Card A:
Personally I believe Trap Monsters are wasted deck space and it's better to use other cards. Summoning it makes a rather weak monster with no effect. May aid with Xyz though. It's effect upon destruction is good however.

Card B:
I like the concept, how ever I don't like that it gives the option "equal to or higher". It basically allows you to Banish every single monster from your Field and Graveyard and also Special Summon a monster, which is inevitable broken since there are cards that just love that banish pile.

I vote for Card A only because I feel card B is broken.

I won't say Card B is broken in any sense of the word. However, I feel Normal Monster revival has been done and visited upon far to many times, so the effect is rather redundant, thus uncreative. Card A was an interesting approach to the Requirement, and I love Trap Monsters, so my vote has to be for:

Card A

Alright, guess I need to take a crack at this.

Card A is a Zombie-Type Trap monster. Nothing against Trap Monsters as I find them creative, it's just the Type that doesn't work for me. Since it is a Zombie-Type, I don't see much use for it in the current format. With that said, it leaves things left to be desired.

Card B is essentially Normal Monster revival. While it may be Level 7 or higher, I can see this card doing a lot. Maybe put it in some undermeta Decks (HEROs for an example [probably a bad one, but you get my point]) and let it do its magic. It's quite an interesting card to say the least, though it can combo with Leviair and cause some extra shenanigans. It just works well tbh.

With that said, I'm going to have to vote for Card B.

I don't see Card B as being broken, cards like Monster Reborn and Call of the Haunted are in circulation and require less effort too get to the Special Summon. Halved Battle Damage is pretty fair as well, and the xyz clause makes it pretty fair too. 

Card A is suited to zombie decks. It just Special Summons like any other actual monster could, but without taking up a monster zone, pretty much allowing a 6-zone monster area and a 4-zone spell-trap. It would have some usage, but the only appealing thing about the card is that it doesn't take up a monster zone to me, since the effect is pretty standard.

I'll vote for B to even it out, although both cards could be useful. 

The Trap Monster occupies a Monster Card Zone AND a Spell/Trap Card Zone, unless my rulings are wrong. The card isn't for Zombies, either, but Trap Monster (Tiki) Decks as a whole. @Fraxure

And yet, Trap Monster decks don't really need it. :/

So because it's a more balanced revival than the revival for Normal Monsters that we have at the moment, it's broken? Dude, do you even hear yourself?

Gee I wonder which card is yours?

And yet, Trap Monster decks don't really need it. :/

Ooo, look. The mystery deepens.

Despite that, I am going to have to vote for Card B. Not a big fan of trap monsters, seeing as they really don't provide much speed and usually not much power either. Card B isn't overpowered, but really isn't needed either. It isn't anything that other cards don't do better. Regardless, I vote for Card B because it has more of a place in the game than Card A does.

Archived