[Leaderboard] Finished. Zextra vs Fraxure

Zextra

Rules:
• 1st card to 3 votes first wins, or that has the most votes by 11:59 PST on June 19th.
• Votes must be supported by valid reasoning

Requirements:
Make a Blue-Eyes White Dragon counterpart (Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon, for example).

Prize:
1 Rep/Like

Voter Bonus:
Each successful vote earns the voter a rep!

Scoreboard:
Card A: 3

Card B: 0

Card A:

Amber-EyesEmberDragon_zps04b36179.png

Effect:

This card is also FIRE-Attribute. 
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by tributing 2 LIGHT or FIRE monsters. 
Twice per turn, during either player's turn, when a card would be sent to the Graveyard: You can shuffle it back into the owner's deck instead. 
When you draw a LIGHT or FIRE monster: You can reveal it; increase the ATK of all monsters you control by 500. 

Card B:

ih7.png

Effect:

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by Tributing 2 monsters you control with different Attributes. When this card is Special Summoned by its own effect: You can activate 1 of the following effects: • Target 1 monster your opponent controls; negate its effects and this card gains the targeted monster’s effects until the End Phase. • Banish 1 Effect Monster in your Graveyard, and this card gains the banished card’s effect until the End Phase. 

Alright, I guess I'll be the first vote.

Card A is somewhat interesting with it both being a FIRE and LIGHT monster at the same time. It's method of Special Summoning is okay considering it requires specific Attributes to be available. If LIGHT was the case, then that could make some plays in the Graveyard if needed. The effect can be both an offensive and defensive effect. You can save your own monsters with this and keep your opponent's monsters that would do damage to you in the Graveyard away from it. I like that, though I bet it will be used offensively rather than defensively.

Card B is more restrictive in the Summoning considering it requires monsters with different Attributes, and that isn't common much in the current format. However, I like this card's ability to steal effects upon Summon for the turn. It could really allow you to make some needed plays or to wreak your opponent with a taste of their own medicine. However, that use is only temporary and there isn't much else to this card.

My vote has to go to Card A.

Card A's use of FIRE and LIGHT is interesting. I am kinda a sucker for symbolism, so this card really tugs at me. The name for one is pretty cool, and the fact that the card's effect can be used offensively(like fire) or defensively(like light) is genius. I don't really see too much wrong with the card. It is kinda slow to get out, but its effect is powerful and the fact that it doesn't eat up your Normal Summon is nice.

Card B is a bit more restrictive in its summoning conditions. There aren't too many decks that use a multitude of different attributes. The only really prominent one I can think of is Elemental Dragons...and I guess Chaos Decks, but they wouldn't really want to run this. Beside that, the rest of the effect is pretty nice, but with the amount of trouble you have to go through to special summon this guy, the effect should probably be permanent. It is a good idea, just wasn't executed all too well.

I vote for Card A.

I don't like being the deciding factor, however:

Card A:

I side with Renegade, a sucker for symbolism. I love the fact it requires certain attributes and the offensive nature of FIRE and the defensive nature of LIGHT really stick out and appeal immensely to me. This card would work great with any Deck running Rabbit, offering the option of bring it out instantly with it or returning the Normal Monsters to the Deck, making decks that use Leviair and Rabbit really powerful with the constant abuse that could be achieved. It is also refreshing to see two Attributes work together that aren't LIGHT and DARK.

Card B:

As stated before, the effect copying is an interesting approach, but the fact that it is temporary and this card is a tad difficult to Summon for most Decks makes the card a little to underpowered for what it's worth. I would prefer a Blue-Eyes over it, as Normal Monsters are generally easier to Summon, and this card's Aqua-Type remove REDMD support for the card. As much as I love WATER and Aqua-Type monsters (my favorite), I have to shy away from it for it is too weak.

Bold is my vote. Card A

Archived