[Leaderboard] Zazu VS Zanda (Voting has started)

Zazubat

1 .Normal Leaderboard Rules apply
2. First to 3 or when the contest ends (June 22nd) wins.
3. Writtens are allowed.

4. Votes must be valid

5. Winners gets a point in the leaderboard.

6. The goal is to make an Extra Deck monster, which in some way has something to do with Tokens, either it be to support them, create them etc.

Card A

Heavenly Strike Photon Dragon

Rank 8 / LIGHT

Dragon / Xyz / Effect

2 Level 8 monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target up to 3 “Photon” monsters in your Graveyard; shuffle those targets into your Deck, then Special Summon that many “Photon Tokens” (Thunder-Type/LIGHT/Level 4/ATK 2000/DEF 0) in Defense Position. These Tokens cannot attack or be used as Synchro Material Monsters. You cannot Summon other monsters the turn you activate this card, except for LIGHT monsters, and you cannot Summon monsters with the same name as those targets for the rest of the trun. If a “Photon” monster(s) you control would be destroyed, you can destroy 1 “Photon Token” instead.

3000 / 2500

Card B

King Wight of the Dark Forest
Level 7 / DARK
Plant / Fusion / Effect
2 or more Token monsters
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by destroying the above cards from either side of the field. (You do not use "Polymerization".). Once per turn: You can banish 1 Plant-Type monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon 2 "Plant Spore Tokens" (Plant-Type/DARK/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) in Defense Position, then send 1 Plant-Type monster from your hand to the Graveyard. This card gains 200 ATK for each "Plant Spore Tokens" that you control. You can only control 1 face-up "King Wight of the Dark Forest".
2400 / 0

In terms of personal preference, both cards are fitted to things I love - Card A supports Photon, one of my favorite Archetypes, and Card B works with Black Garden, which is my favorite Field Spell.

I like the concept of Card A, but the wording of its effect makes things quite confusing. First of all, it doesn't specify how many Photon Tokens it summons, though I'm assuming it summons the same number as the number of monsters banished. However, this part of the effect: "You cannot Summon other monsters the turn you activate this card, except for LIGHT monsters, and you cannot Summon monsters with the same as those targets for the rest of the trun." This needs to be clarified. Though my main "problem" with the card is that "Photon" targets are quite limited, and the only good ones run in the deck are Thrasher and Photon Dragon. If it were "Photon" or "Galaxy", it would be lots better.

Card B, on the other hand, gives a use to those Rose Tokens that Black Garden summons, along with the ability to use Dandy tokens and others things of the sort in a new way - not to mention it can be used against cards such as Dragossack as well. Though I fear that getting it out may be a tad too easy, I like it nonetheless, and it's very flavorful. The Special Summoning of its own Tokens is effective as well, albeit being a bit costly, but that balances it. And the "one per field" clause prevents abuse of its own Tokens.

With that said, I will be voting for Card B, because Card A is limited to "Photon" monsters, which hinders its usability enough to the point that it probably wouldn't be consistent enough, even in its own deck.

I'm voting Card A. Card A seems like it would be more useful than the second card would. The second card only gains a little bit of ATK, and that's all it has. Card A gets protection, allows for Photon Galaxy set-ups, and recycles stuff. Yes, it's true it doens't get all targets, but that also makes it a bit more balanced.

Card A is typical Photon support, but due to it being Photon specifically, its usability and versatility are limited, since pure Photons are no longer a usable deck, and the main deck that pure Photons were used in was Photon Drain, which renders Card A useless anyways.

Card B's best use is getting rid of tokens on the field, and nowadays, that's not a bad ability in the slightest. Players will now have to think twice before going nuts with Dragossack. Also, granted that Plants don't really like being banished too much, Card B's self-summoning token effect is justified.

vvote for Card B

Card A:

Photon Support, though it makes the player have to run more Photon monsters (and doesn't care for Galaxy), which is hardly ever the case with Photon. At most, the targets would include 2 Crusher, 3 Thrasher, 2 Lizard, and the Dragons (atleast 1) would most likely be attached. About 7-9 targets in the entire Deck don't really make the card too reliable (though in such a case you'd just go into something else). The protection is great. I don't really care that he prohibits Photon Sanctuary from being used in the same turn, as that hardly matters.

A conditional Sanctuary on a Rank 8 body with a protection bonus using those tokens. Pretty good.

Card B:

Well, for starters, Starform Dragon with Chamenleon. Moving on from that, a rather weak card. Not only do you banish Plants (blasphemy!) but you discard as well, and all for a 400 ATK Boost and 2 weak tokens. Still, their decent tokens and could set up easy tributes for Giga and easy Synchro material. The monster is rather easy to Summon in Black Garden Decks, and unique, so that adds points to it.

I like Card B overall more then Card A. A creative, well executed and while somewhat weak card supporting a somewhat unsupported Deck Type is more appealing to me then a Photon monster that has a conditional Normal Spell Card effect and a reliant protection effect. Card B = Vote.

Well it is too late for my vote to count, but I am bored and have nothing better to do so:

I feel as if Card A has tunnel vision. While it supports Photons fairly well, it can't do much outside of that. Its lack of usability is what really turns me away from the card. That and the fact that I find Photons overrated, just a flashy archetype, although I will try to keep my personal feelings out of the vote. Card A seems to have a lot of restrictions for it to be overly useful in a Photon Deck even, making it kinda clunky. Card B on the other hand does its job pretty well, and it boasts a large amount of creativity, which is a very big thing for me. I haven't thought about Black Garden in forever, so when this card brought it back I was kinda excited. Using Tokens is a cool idea as Fusion Materials, something I haven't seen done before. The ATK gain isn't much, but I can see it adding it up fast enough, so no complaints there. An extra 400 instantly is nice. 

My vote goes to Card B...you know if I wasn't too late anyway.

Archived