[Archetype] Mirage Guardians

-Noel-

[spoiler='Monsters']Effect Monsters

[spoiler='Mirage Guardian Wyvern']

QhqW1kS.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 of your banished "Mirage Guardian" monster with a Level; Special Summon that target in face-up Defense Position, and if you do, this card's Level becomes the Level of that monster. If that monster would be sent to the Graveyard as an Xyz Material, banish it instead. If you activated this effect, this card cannot be used as an Xyz Material, except for the Xyz Summon of an EARTH monster while it is face-up on the field.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Mirage Guardian Hydra']

77Ubqfd.jpg

If this card is banished, except from the Graveyard: You can draw 2 cards, then discard 1 card. You can only use the effect of "Mirage Guardian Hydra" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Mirage Guardian Therion']

K6pAbJH.jpg

If this card is banished, except from the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Mirage Guardian" EARTH Wyrm-Type monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. You can only use the effect of "Mirage Guardian Therion" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Mirage Guardian Basilisk']

rN2CDPz.jpg

If this card is banished, except from the Graveyard: You can destroy 1 card on the field. You can only use the effect of "Mirage Guardian Basilisk" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Ethereal Knight']

q32Jnfh.jpg

When this card is sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon 1 Level 8 or lower "Mirage Guardian" monster from your hand or Graveyard in face-up Defense Position. If it would leave the field, banish it instead. You can only use the effect of "Ethereal Knight" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

Xyz Monsters

[spoiler='Mirage Guardian Yggdrasil']

xHGqG5A.jpg

2 Level 8 EARTH monsters

While this card has Xyz Materials, it cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon 1 monster from either Graveyard, and if you do, monsters you currently control other than the Special Summoned monster cannot attack for the rest of this turn. If that monster would leave the field or would be sent to the Graveyard as an Xyz Material, banish it instead.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Mirage Guardian Glasir']

kI3BvPD.jpg

2 Level 8 Wyrm-Type monsters

While this card has Xyz Materials, it cannot be destroyed by card effects. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 card your opponent controls; banish it. If this card leaves the field: You can target 1 Level 8 or lower Wyrm-Type monster in your Graveyard or that is banished; Special Summon that target. Its effects are negated

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Spell/Trap']

[spoiler='Leyline of Mirage']

9oCX2io.jpg

Once per turn, when a card(s) is banished: Draw 1 card. During your Main Phase, except the turn this card was activated: You can banish this face-up card and 1 "Mirage Guardian" monster in your hand; activate 1 of these effects. You can only control 1 "Leyline of Mirage".

● Draw 2 cards.
● Banish 1 card on the field.
● Special Summon 1 "Mirage Guardian" monster from your hand, Deck or Graveyard. If it would leave the field or would be sent to the Graveyard as an Xyz Material, banish it instead.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Ethereal Network']

7pWb0mm.jpg

Activate 1 of these effects. You can only activate 1 "Etheral Network" per turn.

● Banish 1 EARTH Wyrm-Type monster you control or from your Graveyard; add 1 "Ethereal" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Ethereal Network".
● Discard 1 card, then target 2 "Mirage Guardian" monsters with the same Levels in your Graveyard or that are banished; Special Summon both those targets. Immediately after this effect resolve, Xyz Summon 1 EARTH monster from your Extra Deck using those 2 monsters only.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Mirage Life']

iaYrqQp.jpg

Banish 1 EARTH Wyrm-Type monster from your Deck. When an opponent's monster declares a direct attack: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Mirage Guardian" monster from your Graveyard or that is banished. Banish it during the End Phase. You can only use 1 "Ethereal Life" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

neat... I love how they work. They can also benefit from Redox first effect, by banishing Mirage monsters from your hand to resolve their effect, since most of them are both Dragon-type and EARTH monsters.

Overall, these cards are amazing !! Well done

pss: somehow, these cards looks familiar, dunno why, since I never seen them before XD

Thx for both comments :)

@TEM this is not the first time I used them, I went with this in wightpower's Team Archetype Contest and won it because there's no entry from opponent. I only public them to join Aix's tournament

aaah, yes yes indeed, now I remember XD

• 8 months later...

Excuse this necrobump pls. Noel asked me to give some feedback. Plus there's no point in crashing down on necrobumps if the thread's still relevant like this!!!

No real problems with the way the Deck as a whole runs, although it has little synergy with itself and basically relies on Dragon Rulers.

Wyvern is questionable because not only is it a 1 card R8, it also sets up your dragons' effects, hence doing a little too much. Your Deck has no power other than this, hence power-wise in the scope of the whole Deck, it's fine. But design-wise, it's one card that does a lot.

Ethereal Knight is a plus out of nowhere, nulling costs and the like.

Glasir is an overkill card. Design-wise, when you're using this, you already have good advantage and you dump more power on top of that.

Don't like the way Leyline can stack and you end up plussing a ton if you have multiples.

Mirage Life does a little too much, it's both Graveyard disruption, and you have a choice of either gaining card advantage, or disrupting your opponent's play with Basilisk on their turn.

Excuse this necrobump pls. Noel asked me to give some feedback. Plus there's no point in crashing down on necrobumps if the thread's still relevant like this!!!

No real problems with the way the Deck as a whole runs, although it has little synergy with itself and basically relies on Dragon Rulers.

Wyvern is questionable because not only is it a 1 card R8, it also sets up your dragons' effects, hence doing a little too much. Your Deck has no power other than this, hence power-wise in the scope of the whole Deck, it's fine. But design-wise, it's one card that does a lot.

Ethereal Knight is a plus out of nowhere, nulling costs and the like.

Glasir is an overkill card. Design-wise, when you're using this, you already have good advantage and you dump more power on top of that.

Don't like the way Leyline can stack and you end up plussing a ton if you have multiples.

Mirage Life does a little too much, it's both Graveyard disruption, and you have a choice of either gaining card advantage, or disrupting your opponent's play with Basilisk on their turn.

Thanks for reviewing. As you've stated, Wyvern and maybe Knight/Leyline are literally how deck functioning as a whole, so I think nerfing them will kill the deck, but Mirage Life sure can be edited. Removed that Grave disruption part, not that it's main purpose anyway. Glasir will remain as is for now, mostly because how I have no idea how would its new eff be while keeping its position as a moar powerful boss that somehow harder to bring out. Though will note what you said about these cards whenever I do a huge revamp.

A huge revamp that I mentioned several times was finally done! Basically

• ​Thx to Voltex's suggestion long time ago, the floaters are no longer capable of returning themselves to the Graveyard after banished
  • With how Aix pointed about Glasir's design, I has overhauled it. No impractical SS condition and disruptive banish anymore.
  • And with BtanH's comment above, I changed all MGs to Wyrm (no Tidal + REDMD anymore) except for Wyvern so that it wouldn't be searchable by Therion and not being a 1-card Glasir.
  • Wyvern now SS from banished zone only while Knight keep the same target range (hand+Grave), making Trade-in still viable but more thoughts are required.
  • Mirage Life was renamed into Ethereal Life (for tutor's sake) and Ethereal Overlay into Ethereal Network, also this one was overhauled so that it could became relevant.

Archived