Argent the Fox Duelist, A yu-gi-oh Sonic X Crossover

Notes:

1. When a monster/card is named, you can click on it to see a picture of that card, thus I don't describe the cards when a picture can be used.

2. I'd recommend watching episodes 1 and 2 of Sonic X before reading, they should be around if you Google them.

3. This story will use cards more like the way they were used in the Pharaoh's memory story arc or Legendary Heroes 3 part episode of yu-gi-oh duel monsters.

Prolog: Through the Laptop Screen

Josh Stein [No relation to Josh Stien in my other stores] was bored. He hadn't thought of any new card ideas for Yu-gi-oh, his favorite card game, all day. Josh unofficially designed cards for use against his friends and had a good time with it. Mentally sighing, he decided to re-watch the first episode of Sonic X on his laptop, since he knew he wouldn't get anywhere by obsessing about card ideas. This episode always seemed to put him in a good mood. He laughed like usual at Dr. Eggman's expression when Sonic burst through the wall of his control room. Josh kept watching and enjoying the episode but when the controls on Dr. Eggman's base started to go up in white light, Josh started to feel strange and when the distance shot of the base dissolving in white light happened, Josh swore it sounded too real for his laptop's sound card, Finally, when he saw the rear view shot of Knuckles, Tails, and Amy staring at the white light, he felt wind on his face too. He turned to go close the window of his living room only to see a meadow instead. He had just enough time to turn back to the three mobians in front of him and see them disappear into the white light before the same light hit him and he passed out.

Chapter 1: Tails to the Rescue

Josh was in a strange place, half of it looked like the field spell skyscraper and half of it looked like the field spell skyscraper 2. "Well, this is a nice dream, I'm in composite city neo skyscraper" he said allowed. "Your right, it is a dream" said a voice from behind him. Josh turned to see guardian angel of order sitting on a lamppost. "Though it's not an ordinary dream" she continued as she flew down to the street. "You're about to embark on a great quest but first you need a new form." she finished. Josh felt his cloths disappear. Then he seemed to be shrinking, he looked down to see his body covered in silver fur. Finally he felt his tailbone expanding into a silver furry tail. A mirror appeared in front of him and he studied himself. "I'm a silver fox!" he said excitedly, taking note of his fox ears and experimentally swishing his tail. Guardian angel of order looked amused at his reaction. Then she spoke again "With your new form comes a new name, you will now be known as Argent the Fox." Argent thought for a moment and replied, "I like it". The street seemed to lose some clarity as Argent heard a faint voice say "Are you ok? Wake up." Guardian Angel of order looked concerned and quickly finished, "Some of your memories are going to be sealed, at least until you need them. I'll be in your deck with everyone else if you need me. Think and your deck and duel disk will come, we'll be ready. You'll know what to do" then everything faded into a call of "Wake up, it might not be safe here".

Argent opened his eyes to see a pair of concerned blue ones looking into his. He sat up and saw they belonged to an orange two tailed fox. It spoke again "Thank goodness your awake, I thought something bad had happened to you." Argent looked around and then replied "Thanks for finding me, um..." The other fox finished for him "Tails". Argent looked around at the big open field they were in and asked "Where are we?" Tails replied "I'm not sure, I think we were sent here by chaos control" Argent frowned, he couldn't remember anything about himself except for his name. "I almost forgot to introduce myself, I'm Argent the Fox" he said, "and I think I have amnesia, since I can't remember anything before you woke me up". Tails replied "Maybe Sonic can help you remember, but we have to find him first". "Sonic?" Argent asked. Tailed filled him in. Argent was impressed by what he'd heard about Sonic, but then had a concern: "This place looks huge, do you really think we'll find him on foot?" Tails replied "We don't have to, once I get the Tornado fixed we can search from the air" and gestured behind Argent. Argent turned around and saw a beat up looking biplane.  Then he instinctively remembered something. He held out his hand and in a flash of light a silver duel disk appeared on it. "Woah" Tails exclaimed. Argent drew a card and said "I activate Recharge!" as he placed the recharge spell card on his duel disk. Streams of energy flowed from Argent's duel disk to the Tornado, and repaired it. Tails blinked and said "How'd you do that?" Argent replied "I remembered that I can bring the powers of these cards to life" as his duel disk faded away. "Thanks for fixing the Tornado" Tails said, "Now let's find Sonic".

Tails and Argent had been flying for a few hours when they decided that it was getting too dark to spot Sonic, so they landed in the middle of nowhere and resumed the search the next morning. As they were taking off, Argent had an idea "Why didn't I think of this sooner?" he said and summoned his duel disk. "What?" Tails asked. Argent replied "I have  a card that can tell us where to find Sonic," he drew a card and said "I activate enchanted compass". An azure compass appeared in his hand. Argent explained "Unlike an ordinary compass, this points to the thing you seek." and handed the compass to Tails. The needle turned and pointed towards a desert in the distance. "Alright, let's go!" Tails said and brought the tornado to full speed.

After a short flight, Tails spotted something up ahead. "It looks like a military base" Tails said. Argent replied "Won't they spot us on Radar if we get too close?" Tails turned and looked at him. Argent guessed the unspoken question and answered "I remember things like what a military is and what radar is, I just don't remember anything about myself, but I think I know how we can fly over there". He summoned his duel disk again and drew a card. "I activate system down" Argent declared. The radar dish at the base stopped spinning and all the interior lights went out. "Great work!" Tails complemented. Argent replied "Thanks, but it won't last long." Tails considered, and then had an idea "If I sabotage their power grid, the system will stay down". He pressed a button and the Tornado released a swarm of tiny metallic airplanes which flew into the base via an air vent.

When they were flying right above the base, the enchanted compass's needle started spinning. "Why's it doing that?" Tails asked. Argent replied "That means that the thing you seek is nearby." At those words, Sonic came bursting through a dome in the base while carrying Cream and Cheese, (thought Argent didn't know their names yet).

Later after a short flight back to the Thorndike mansion, Tails was introducing Argent to his friends. "Sonic this is Argent the Fox, he helped me fix the tornado so we could find you." Sonic and Argent shook hands. "It's good to meet you Sonic, Tails has told me good things about you." Sonic smiled. Tails continued, "Argent this is Cream the Rabbit and Cheese the Chao". Argent smiled and said "Nice to meet both of you". Chris Thorndike, who had been watching, said "I'm Chris, Sonic landed in our swimming pool last night and I rescued him, and this is my grandpa" Chris finished, pointing at his grandfather. Tails suddenly looked like he thought of something. "If your here and I'm here, then that means... Eggman's here too!" Sonic, Tails and Cream finished together. Argent looked puzzled, but responded, "From the way you said it I assume that's a very bad thing?" Sonic and Tails quickly filled him in.

hopefully more to come

Notes:

1. I'd recommend watching episode 3 of Sonic X before reading, it should be around if you Google it.

Chapter 2: Missile Wrist vs Red Magician

A few days later at Chris's grandfather's garage, Tails was hosing down the Tornado while Cream and Cheese ate donuts nearby. Argent was observing all this from just inside the garage when Chris came running in looking concerned. "Hey Tails" he said, "Where's Sonic?" Cream answered, "He left this morning to go exploring". Chris looked more concerned and continued "If the police spot Sonic they'll try and catch him." Tails replied "Catch Sonic, I don't think so". Chris responded "I just hope he's careful". Tails sheepishly admitted that Sonic liked danger, to which Chris replied "We have to bring him back!" Everyone was about to mobilize when Argent stepped outside the garage and said "No we don't". Chris stared at him and was about to argue back when Argent continued "From what I've heard Sonic already outran the fastest pursuit the police had in their arsenal. Also, the scenario of him being chased assumes that Sonic is in one place long enough to draw attention to himself. I know your worried about Sonic but why don't you have faith in him instead? Besides, we can't find him any better than anybody else can." Argent hadn't forgotten his enchanted compass, but he hadn't mentioned its existence to Chris and didn't want to do so now. Chris stood there for a second, he hadn't expected Argent to act like this, and then said "I guess your right" and walked away slowly. After Chris had left, Tails went over to Argent and said "Do you think that was a bit much?" Argent replied, "Yes, but I felt bothered that Chris wasn't listening to you when you know Sonic so much better than he does and didn't want him to boss you around." Tails took all this in and said "Thanks" before going back to working on the Tornado.

Several hours later, Chris came bursting into the garage again and said that they had to see the news. Everyone went into the Thorndike mansion and gathered around the TV to see the face of Dr. Eggman laughing and talking about taking over this world. "So Eggman is here" Tails said. Argent added "Sounds like he's up to his old tricks, We've got to stop him". Chris nodded. Everyone headed for the garage. Tails climbed into the cockpit of the Tornado and said "Come on Argent". Chris looked hurt and said "Can't I come too?". Argent felt like he didn't want to make Chris feel bad again so he said "Go ahead, I'll fly my way". Chris got into the copilot's seat behind Tails and Argent summoned his duel disk. "I activate Angel Wings!" Feathery wings  appeared on Argent's back and he took off. Tails and Chris flew alongside in the Tornado.

As they approached Station Square, the air currents were pushing the Tornado forward faster than Argent, since the Tornado was bigger and caught more air. Argent noticed this and said "Go ahead, I'll catch up". Tails reached the battle zone with Argent not far behind. Argent watched as Tails avoided the attacks of Eggman's robot and fired back with the Tornado's machine guns. Argent was almost close enough to help when the robot landed a hit on the Tornado's propeller. The plane started to lose altitude. "No one does that to my friend Tails and gets away with it!" Argent declared, the figurative fire visible in his eyes. The tornado flew back into view a few seconds later in a different form but Argent was still determined. He drew a card and said "I summon Red Magician" Red magician appeared and Argent commanded "Destroy that robot" Red Magician levitated over near the robot and fired flames from its staff at it. Eggman noticed the new threat and commanded "Missile Wrist, target that fire shooter". When the flames cleared, Missile Wrist was still functioning: Red magician's fire attacks were having no effect on Missile Wrist, apart from it starting to glow as if it was in a forge. Missile Wrist fired one of its grappling hook arms at Red Magician, Argent had a card ready  in case something like that happened and said "I activate negate attack!" , Missile wrist's arm bounced off a barrier. Argent noticed that Missile Wrist was glowing with heat and had an idea.

Meanwhile, Sonic was running around exploring when he said something that made him double back. A news report showed Eggman and one of his robots, though Sonic didn't recognize who was attacking it. "I'd better get going If I want some of that action" Sonic said and zoomed off.

Knuckles and Amy had been watching the battle progress from the street below. "I don't know who that fire shooter is but we've got to find a way to help him." Amy told Knuckles. Knuckles replied "I've got more important things to do". Amy stormed off towards the building with an angry cry of "Fine who needs you!"

Argent got 2 more cards ready for his new strategy. "Red Magician", he said, "Red Burning attack!" Red magician once again shot fire at missile wrist. Eggman noticed and mocked "Whoever you are your attack's not working." Argent meanwhile had summoned another monster, "Neo Hero Shaman of Atlantis," he commanded "Douse that robot with your coldest waters". The Neo Hero shot water from his trident, it hit missile wrist and the robot's armor began to crack. "Nice Work!" Argent declared, loudly enough that Eggman noticed him standing on a nearby building. Argent played his third card, "Living sword, equip to Red Magician" he said, "Finish it with red burning slash!" Red Magician cut Missile Wrist in two with a fire enhanced living sword just as Amy and Knuckles reached the roof.

After a few seconds of stunned silence from both of them, Eggman noticed Amy and looked like he was about to try something against her when he heard a shout of "I've got you now Eggman" and swerved his Eggmobile just in time to avoid machine gun fire from the Tornado. "You win today"Eggman said, having to make sure not to add "Hedgehog" since Sonic wasn't even there "But I'll be back" and he deployed a smoke screen from his Eggmobile and then escaped into the sky.

Sonic vaulted up to the roof of the building just as the smoke cleared and said "Did I miss something? Where's Eggman?" Amy noticed Sonic, ran over and gave him a tight hug with a cry of "Sooonic!" Argent flew over to the building and answered Sonic's question "I took care of his robot for you". Sonic looked impressed. Kunckes said "That fireshooting wizard was your doing? Argent nodded.  Then a bunch of soldiers came up the stairs and pointed guns at the Mobians. From the soldier's perspective, Argent was standing behind a support for the roof so they hadn't noticed him yet. "Alright, nobody move" one soldier said. Argent noticed the Tornado coming in closer and had an idea. He Drew a card and said "I activate swords of revealing light" "What the?" one of the soldiers exclaimed as Glowing swords immobilized them. "Sooonic!" Tails hailed and flew by the building in the Tornado, with a rope ladder hanging out of it. Everyone jumped onto the ladder, except for Argent who flew using his Angel Wings card and Knuckles, who just stood there. Amy shouted "Come on Knuckles!" and he finally jumped on, only to sky dive off a few minutes later.

Back at the mansion's garage, Sonic complemented Argent, "I've never seen anyone else single handedly take down one of Eggman's robots so easily before." "Thank you" Argent replied, "I think we're going to be a great team" and held out a hand for a fist pump, but retracted it when he noticed Tails watching. "You're an important member of our team too" he said and pulled Tails into a three way fist pump with himself and Sonic.

Notes:

1. I'd recommend watching episode 4 of Sonic X before reading, it should be around if you Google it.

Chapter 3: The First Chaos Emerald

At Chris's grandfather's garage, Tails and Amy were explaining to the others about the Chaos emeralds and their powers. Argent was listening intently so he didn't miss anything. Sonic filled in that the Chaos Emerald scatter whenever they come together in one place. Tails responded, "We don't have any way of knowing where they scattered to, unless..." he looked at Argent. Argent got the idea and finished, "My Compass can find them." Chris looked confused and Amy asked "What compass?". Tails filled Chris and Amy in on how Argent's compass card had led them to meet up with Sonic. Argent summoned his duel disk and activated enchanted compass, however the needle moved erratically instead of giving direction. Argent thought for a moment and said "The mystical powers of the Chaos Emeralds must be preventing my compass from tracking them, so we'll just have to find them the old fashioned way."

Later that day, Dr. Eggman wasn't in a good mood because of his latest defeat. "How could I be beaten when that blasted hedgehog wasn't even there?!?" he ranted as he watched the replay of the battle his Eggmobile's cameras had recorded. He paused when he saw a shot of a silver fox standing on a nearby building. "Sonic must have a new friend" he theorized, "and that hedgehog was bad enough on his own... WHY CAN"T I EVER BEAT THOSE BLASTED FURBALLS!!!!" A small robotic voice interrupted his rant. "I'm sorry to disturb you Dr." it said. "What is it Decoe, can't you see I'm having an evil rant right now !?!" Dr. Eggman fumed in response. "The humans seem to have found a chaos emerald." Decoe explained. Dr. Eggman's mood quickly changed, "Well, we'll see if they can stop me once I have that emerald, Woo hoo hoo hoo!" he laughed maniacally and went to choose another robot.

Around the same time, Cream alerted Sonic and his friends to a news report about a Chaos Emerald being found in a construction site. A few minutes later, Sonic had already left and Chris was off at school, so Tails and Amy boarded the Tornado and Argent activated his Angel Wings. "Be careful Tails" Cream said from the side of the "runway", which actually was the road in front of the garage, "Don't push yourself, Argent" Cream added. Argent was pleasantly surprised that Cream would voice concern for him and nodded. "Good luck, and be sure to keep your eyes out for Sonic" Chris's Grandfather said. Then the plane and winged fox took off.

Argent, Tails, and Amy soon reached the city where the news report came from."How about I fly low and try to find the construction site" Argent suggested. Tails nodded and said, "We'll look for Sonic" Tails replied. Tails soon found Sonic standing on a radio antenna, Then he noticed something on radar, "Eggman's here, I spotted him on radar" he cautioned. "Well, let's get the emerald before he does" Sonic replied. "It's right over there" Amy said and pointed. Sonic zoomed off in that direction. He was almost to the emerald's location when a flying robot knocked him into the air. Sonic tried to recover, but was knocked into the air again and again. Amy tried to throw Sonic a ring but Sonic couldn't catch it as it went past him, thus the ring fell into the city below.

Meanwhile Argent was flying in between buildings looking for the construction site when he saw a glowing object in a bush. Argent flew over to it and saw that it was one of Sonic's rings."Sonic must have dropped this" he thought as he looked up, and then he saw Sonic being juggled by a jet like robot. Argent knew Sonic needed a hand so he got out 2 more cards. "I summon Neo Hero Zephyr and Neo Hero Magmacutter." he said as the two heroes appeared. Argent continued, "Neo Contact Fusion! Form Neo Hero Golden Cyborg." the two heroes melded together and changed into a new form. "Go help Sonic" Argent instructed, then he reached for the ring. Once he touched it, Argent felt invigorated and ran off looking for the construction site with the ring in hand.

Up in the sky, Neo Hero Golden Cyborg closed in on Dr. Eggman's robot, or tried to because the robot was fast. Seeing this, Golden Cyborg fired its eye laser and damaged the robot's engines. Without the ability to maneuver as well, the robot missed its next attack on Sonic, who landed safely on a nearby building. Tails threw Sonic another ring and Sonic proceeded to spin dash the robot into oblivion. With its job done, Neo Hero Golden Cyborg faded away.

At the construction site, Chris, who had hastily excused himself from school after seeing the Tornado fly by the classroom window had found the Chaos emerald and was staring at it. He was so entranced that he didn't notice Dr. Eggman walk up behind him until Dr. Eggman tapped him on the head. Chris stiffened at the touch and Dr. Eggman knocked the Emerald out of his grasp. "Give that back!" Chris said and ran after the fat Dr.

Argent heard Chris's voice and arrived in time to see Dr. Eggman running for his Eggmobile with Chris right behind him. He readied a card and made his presence known with a shout of "Say goodbye to your hovercraft Fatso! I activate Raigeki Break!" A lightning bolt flew from Argent's duel disk and struck the Eggmobile, which disappeared into smoke from the blast. Dr. Eggman turned and Chris said "Argent!" Dr. Eggman recognized Argent from his footage of the previous battle and said "So you're the one who destroyed Missile Wrist". Argent responded "Yes, and your next!" However, the smoke around the Eggmobile cleared and it was unharmed. Argent looked surprised. Dr. Eggman smirked and said "You didn't think I was flying around vulnerable now did you? This thing's got a force field!" as he fumbled for something in his belt. Dr. Eggman threw a grenade at Argent, who used the remaining power of the ring to run to safety. After the grenade went off, Argnet turned around to see Dr. Eggman flying away in his Eggmobile with Chris hanging onto the bottom of it.

Chris maneuvered himself onto the wing of the Eggmobile and reached for the Chaos Emerald, Dr. Eggman noticed him and the two began grappling for the Emerald, but Dr. Eggman threw Chris off, only for Chris to grab his mustache. In a few seconds the Mustache broke and Chris fell away from the Eggmobile. Dr. Eggman smirked and opened his hands, only to see that the Chaos Emerald was gone. Chris fell towards the street while holding the Chaos Emerald, only to be caught by Sonic at the last second before he could crash land.

Later at the Thorndike Mansion, the group was examining their prize. "Now that we have one, we just need six more" Cream said. Amy agreed. Chuck [Chris's Grandfather] voiced concern that keeping it in the garage would have an effect on his equipment. Tails volunteered to fix anything that the emerald broke. Chris walked over to Sonic and started to say "Um... Sonic, I'm sorry". Sonic asked "What are you Sorry for?" Chris continued "Well, for losing" Sonic interrupted "You got it back didn't ya? That's all that matters" Argent had been listening and said "That was very brave of you Chris, jumping onto that vehicle like that. I see you in a new light." Sonic added "I think you did a great job." and both he and Argent gave a thumbs up. Chris blushed but accepted the compliment.

Archived