New abilities for old zones: The Deeply Hiddens

Tinkerer

The cards in this group focusing on sending things to the "Deep" Graveyard or "Deep" Banishment to activate effects.

Basically, I just wanted to find a new way to utilize these zones.  The rulings for the Deep Graveyard are: 1) that it is still part of the graveyard (so effects that occur/target the graveyard can work). 2) Any card that is face-down in the graveyard is considered to be in the deep graveyard, and is, therefore, placed below the face-up graveyard cards (hence, "deep" graveyard). 3) Your opponent may not see cards in the deep graveyard (thus, any of your opponent's cards that target a specific type of card in your deep graveyard, ie. Autonomous Action Unit, won't work because they cannot be sure they are targetting a monster, though you can Call of the Haunted your own Deep Graveyard monsters).

The three rules also apply for "Deep Banishment".  All that said, there isn't any mention of "deep graveyard" or "deep banishment" in any of the cards' lores, so... yeah...

Enjoy!

[spoiler='Hidden Sorcerer of the Deep Realm']XvaeITa.jpg

Ah, this is also the ace card of a character of a YGO story I am currently writing... hence the Lvl/ATK/DEF values.[/spoiler]

When this card is summoned, flip all your cards in your graveyard and that are banished face-down. While this card is face-up, all cards that are sent to the graveyard or out of play are flipped face-down. If this card is destroyed, you may draw a card; if it is a spell card, you may activate it at this time.

[spoiler='Hidden, the Deep Mech']mTc3ShZ.jpg[/spoiler]

Once per turn: You may deal damage to your opponent's life points equal to your face-down cards in your graveyard and banished zone x200, then flip 3 of your cards that are in your graveyard or banished face-down. This card cannot attack the turn you use this effect.

[spoiler='Deep, the Hidden Warrior']5mBiBhs.jpg

As it is, I dunno if there is a card that has a ?/? ATK/DEF value that gains from multiple sources...[/spoiler]

This card gains attack and defense equal to 100x the number of face-down cards in your graveyard PLUS 300x the number of your face-down banished cards. If this card destroys a monster by battle, you may send the top card from your deck to the graveyard, face-down.

[spoiler='Deep Recovery']nAyQN0l.jpg
The OP but conditional monster/spell/trap recovery card in the deck.[/spoiler]

Choose 1 of two effects then banish this card:
-Special Summon 1 monster that is face-down in your graveyard, ignoring summoning conditions.
-Add 1 spell/trap that is face-down in your graveyard to the top of your deck.

[spoiler='Return from the Deep Dimension']01MqvkV.jpg[/spoiler]

Activate one of the effects, then banish this card:
-Special summon 1 of your banished monsters that is face-down, ignoring summoning conditions.
-Set 1 of your banished spell or traps that is face-down onto your side of the field. It cannot be activated until your next turn.

[spoiler='The Gravediggers' Bargain']4AsgGWd.jpg
Interesting dump effect card.[/spoiler]

Once per turn, you may send up to 3 cards from the top of your deck to the graveyard. Gain 500 life points for each monster. Then, flip a number of cards in your graveyard face-down equal to the amount of cards sent.

[spoiler='Doorway to the Hidden Depths']ofHYvDr.jpg
Aaaand the searcher, though you may not get to activate it turn 1.[/spoiler]

Activate by banishing a card in your graveyard and flipping it face-down. Add 1 "Hidden" or "Deep" card from your deck to your hand.

Lower level monsters on their way as well.  Until then, critique would be appreciated!

Update1:

The next card is not part of either the hidden or deep archetypes, but it is a semi-useful support card since the only cards shown so far are the high-lvl monsters.

[spoiler='Wannabe Fodder']MOvtOQZ.jpg[/spoiler]

When this card is tributed (except for a Synchro or XYZ summon), you may special summon this card from the graveyard during your next standby phase.  The summoning of a monster using this card as a tribute cannot be negated.

Well, I'm not an expert, but this "deep" mechanics sounds realy great. I don't like the graphis of Monsters though. Spell/trap cards graphics are better IMHO. Also, I think that Deep Mech is a bit OP. In late game it can literally win the game in one turn. Also, I see one more problem. http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ghostrick_Skeleton this card also bainishes cards face-down, but then even their owner can't see them. So the "deep" rules should also say something like when and who can see face-down cards in banished and grave.

Thanks for your insight!  I'll try to balance Mech's effect.  I guess I can make it a 2 tribute monster or change it's effect to gain LP rather than burn damage.

As for other cards that banish cards face-down (Ghostrick Skeley and DD Capsule), I still haven't figured out exactly how to distinguish those from deep banishment, though if I did, it would probably effect the deep banishment mechanic rather than my cards' effects anyway.  In any case, I would say that banishment doesn't exactly have a "zone" so you could separate the cards banished by one card or another (ie. Cards banished by Skeley's effect would get put into one pile, so you wouldn't look at them, while the cards that are banished while Hidden Sorcerer is on the field would be put into another pile).

Update: Added a card to the OP.  "Wannabe Fodder" doesn't exactly fit into the archetype, but since the archetype focuses on tributing, it makes sense.  The Fodder would probably have a better home with the Monarchs.

I see somebody likes my ideas... >_>

Haha, just kidding. The "Deep" Graveyard idea is really cool, and I agree with what you said: Two similar ideas (even names), very different execution. If I ever make more Hidden World cards, I'll definitely take inspiration from this.

One comment though: I worry that the Hidden, the Deep Mech and Deep, the Hidden Warrior are overpowered. If you combo that with Lightsworns, sending a mass amount of monsters to your grave in a single turn, and then use Hidden Sorceror to flip all the cards face down, you would do some serious burn and insane attack points. I don't particularly have a solution to this, but it is something to consider.

Overall, good job!

Thanks for the support!  I just updated the Mech and Warrior cards (this time basing Warrior closer to Shadow Ghoul, while upping Mech's level and decreasing its atk/def values to make it easier to overcome).

In the next update I'll add the "baby forms" of the trio of deeply hiddens.

Archived