[Erradicator X0023] Because a Machine-Type Ritual doesn't exist yet

Darj

IQFByAV.jpg

You can Ritual Summon this card with "Top Secret Workshop". Each time a card(s) on the field is destroyed, place 1 Barrier Counter on this card for each of those cards. During your opponent's Standby Phase: Remove 2 Barrier Counters from this card; this card cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects until the end of your turn. Once per turn: You can reveal this card in your hand until the end of the turn; while this card remains revealed in your hand, its Level becomes 8. Once per turn: You can choose 1 column; destroy all of your opponent's cards in that column.

[Spoiler=Ritual Spell]

BINdnYB.jpg

This card is used to Ritual Summon "Secret Weapon - Erradicator X0023" from your hand or Deck. You must also Tribute Machine-Type monsters from your hand or field whose whose total Levels and/or Ranks equal 7 or more. You can discard this card, then target 1 Machine-Type monster in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand. During your Main Phase, if you control a Ritual Monster: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; your opponent cannot activate cards or effects during the Battle Phase of this turn.[/spoiler]

As I mentioned in the title, I noticed there wasn't any Machine Ritual yet and felt like making one. Notice that the Ritual can also summon the monster from the Deck, which makes it more fair and much easier to set up.

The Level-changing effect is to make the monster compatible with Machina Fortress: You can both use Fortress as Tribute for Erradicator, or dead Erradicators as fuel for Fortress.

And no, I am not mispelling "Eradicator", I intentionally named it that way to give it a somewhat original name.

Thoughts?

EDIT:

8/22/14:

Added a "The Warrior Returning Alive" effect for Machines to the Ritual Spell.

8/23/14:

The protection effect of Erradicator now lasts until the end of your turn, as suggested by Armz.

The last effect of the Ritual Spell now requires you to control a Ritual Monster, and no longer cannot be activated during either player's turn.

Warrior Returning Alive for Machines seems a bit iffy, if only because Machines can typically appear all over the damn place. 'Course, I'm likely being paranoid, but still...

As for the main monster; You could probably get away with making the effect state that it lasts until your End Phase, just because it would give the card some more protection, despite the effect being on the slow side. Since if it actives on the Opponent's turn, it would be immune on that turn and all the way until it was your next turn's End Phase.

Btw... revealing this card to make it 8 is rather pointless, seeing as how it being 7 can just fulfill it's own condition regardless.
Though, didn't you have it's Level being lower earlier, because you wanted to reinforce this gimmick? O,o

Warrior Returning Alive for Machines seems a bit iffy, if only because Machines can typically appear all over the damn place. 'Course, I'm likely being paranoid, but still...

As for the main monster; You could probably get away with making the effect state that it lasts until your End Phase, just because it would give the card some more protection, despite the effect being on the slow side. Since if it actives on the Opponent's turn, it would be immune on that turn and all the way until it was your next turn's End Phase.

Btw... revealing this card to make it 8 is rather pointless, seeing as how it being 7 can just fulfill it's own condition regardless.
Though, didn't you have it's Level being lower earlier, because you wanted to reinforce this gimmick? O,o

I agree, a TWRA for Machines feels risky, but still, I take a look at TWRA, which arguably has far more targets, and it is barely used so I guess it should be fine. Plus it makes the Erradiactor Ritual set into an amusing engine if you are running a deck with Level 7+ machines.

Well, the Counter effects are actually an excuse to give the card a powerful protection effect but with the "drawback" of requiring fuel, so to speak, to maintain it; so the faster it consumes counters, the more fair it is in my opinion, considering that it is already armed with a potential +2 every turn with its non-targeting, column nuke effect. But if you think it can get away with it, I will gladly make the change.

Nope, it was originally and is still Level 7. The Level 8 gimmick is more to make it Fortress fodder than anything else, while still benefiting from cards like Preparation of Rites. It also turns it into Trade-in fodder and target for other Level 8 support. Actually, I'm thinking in also raising its Level to 8 while it is on the field for Rank 8 shenanigans along Gimmick Puppets or Machina Megaform.

bump

Took Armz' suggestion and edited Erradicator accordingly.

The last effect of the Ritual Spell now requires a Ritual Monster instead of any Machine so you cannot, let's say, discard it to recycle a random machine and use its second effect during that same turn to make a push.

Archived