Death Note card

Tinkerer

Not sure if I hit the timing well on the card.  I was trying to represent the fact that eventually the Death Note's user would be identified/caught which puts a time limit.  Originally, I was going to use counters, but "Counter Cleaner" would reset the time.

Basically this card is a continuous Dark Core.

6Lpfl4x.jpg

This card's activation cannot be negated and it cannot be removed from the field by your opponent's cards.  If this card is removed from the field, you lose the duel.  Once per turn, during either player's turn you may discard a card to banish a monster on the field.  Then all your monsters lose 300 ATK until the end phase.  If your graveyard contains 20 or more cards, destroy this card.

Seems more like a Joke card.

Hell, this card has so much cons, it is almost inapplicable to use this on a Duel. The Lose the duel risk is very extreme, i think you should cut that part...(or make it harder to happen)

While its good to have a continuous raigeki break, destruction by effects isnt that great anymore (ok i know we re not in the advanced section, but still a good point, i guess), i think you could make it able to be used during either player's turn, since you get some disadvantage too by discarding a card from your hand.

I can see this card having some use in Fableds. Unfortunately the discard part is a cost, this would be pretty nice in Dark Worlds.

Overall, interesting card. Its a double edged knife, but most of the times you will lose the duel by this effect, which makes this card bad even for 4fun decks.

Hmm.  Ok.  That's kinda what I meant by timing.  What if I were to increase the limit to 20 cards in the grave and have it work during both turns (if it's that underwhelming)?  Thanks for the critique!

If others share this opinion, I'll change it up!

I actually have a continuous "raigeki combo break" which just requires you to discard 2 cards(so basically it can turn any card in your hand into raigeki).

i consider this death note to be quite underpowered.  if your opponent is capable of banishing or returning to the hand, you lose right there. and then there's the other weaknesses too.  not nearly worth it.  Remember that you can't use this on your opponent's turn if you don't specify that.

Also, if you want it to fit the show better, it should only be able to target monsters.   I have a light yagami card that can destroy monsters on the field or the hand provided that you know their name.

Archived