Menacing Manticore

Atypical-Abbie

A quite powerful Level 9 Synchro Monster. It bounces and discards stuff.

URP91zq.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
If this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 card your opponent controls; return that target to the hand, then discard 1 card. If this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent by a direct attack: Look at your opponent's hand and discard 1 card from their hand.

Looking at this just now... The card is ridiculous. A completely generic level 9 synchro, with a built in removal effect (albeit invoking a -1) and immunity from spells and traps? Blanket immunity such as that is an effect to avoid, as it discourages interaction and really just tips the scales heavily toward a card. Cards that are only immune to traps, such as Trap Engineer Vivyzian are proven to be extremely powerful, despite having low ATK values, and the spell immunity tacked on makes it even worse. This card requires some serious debuffs, at least to be ok for Duel Portal.

Looking at this just now... The card is ridiculous. A completely generic level 9 synchro, with a built in removal effect (albeit invoking a -1) and immunity from spells and traps? Blanket immunity such as that is an effect to avoid, as it discourages interaction and really just tips the scales heavily toward a card. Cards that are only immune to traps, such as Trap Engineer Vivyzian are proven to be extremely powerful, despite having low ATK values, and the spell immunity tacked on makes it even worse. This card requires some serious debuffs, at least to be ok for Duel Portal.

I removed the immunity when I put it on DP, hasn't it updated on your end?

For some reason it hadn't. Card is super cool now. Kinda funny how beasts are the best deck for summoning it, and two of them are "manticores". Could it possibly be a Beast, to line up with that? Manticore of Darkness is not, but Mosaic Manticore is (I think. I can't remember).

Well, the type was arbitrary to me when I made it, I can change it, but I don't personally see any benefits from doing so.

Archived