Marvel Hulk

dungeonmaster101

I typically avoid posting in CC since I don't really care much for the section, but I must make an exception.  I'm going to be very forthright with you, so if I happen to offend you at some point, that's not my intent; I'm only here to tell you what's up with these, one card at a time.

Let's start with Bruce since he's the first card here.  First of all, "Human" is not a type.  Bruce Banner would be most likely be a Warrior-Type monster.  Next problem is minor as all hell, but lack of punctuation at the end of Bruce's flavor text is bugging me for no good reason.  Other than that, nothing really wrong here.  I'd kinda like to see Bruce be a Level 1 monster so that he can be searched with One For One, Where Arf Thou, etc.  But, that's just my opinion on the matter.

Next, Gamma Radiation.  YCM's cardmaker is buggy as hell when it comes to spells & traps, so I'm sorta forced to guess this is a quick-play spell?  Rendering the card twice usually solves that if I'm remembering right, but for the purpose of this quick overview, it's nothing major.  Again, the lack of punctuation on your final sentence bothers me, but additionally, your PSCT needs some work, as this card's effect text can actually be a lot shorter.  I'm removing the "ignoring its summoning conditions" bit for this fix, which I'll come back around to when we look over the big guy himself.

Banish 1 "Bruce Banner" you control or in your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "The Incredible Hulk" from your Extra Deck.

Now then, let's talk about the Hulk himself.  Again, the cardmaker here is pretty buggy when rendering cards, so I'm just going to have go use guesswork once again and say he's an EARTH monster; I can't really see any other attribute fitting him as well.  For the sake of this review, Hulk's attribute doesn't matter, but you may want to try re-rendering the card a couple times.  So the first and foremost error that stands out on Hulk is the lack of any ATK, DEF, Level, or Type.  These are all necessary to make a playable monster card.  Just so that I have something to work with, let's hypothetically call him a Level 6 EARTH Warrior or Beast-Warrior with 2000 ATK and 1500 DEF for now.

Remember when I said I'd come back around to summoning conditions?  Since you need a specific card to summon The Incredible Hulk, that card itself is the summoning condition.  Fusion monsters and other Extra Deck monsters also aren't allowed to have flavor text like the normal monsters you'd find in your Main Deck, since at the very least they need their summoning conditions written down.  In this case, Hulk's "effect" would look something like this:

Must first be Special Summoned with "Gamma Radiation", and cannot be Summoned by other ways.

If nothing else, finish up The Incredible Hulk's card and make it a priority as long as this thread exists.  Since he's the important card here, I can't really give a proper "Well this would play like this and can do this, that, or the other thing" kind of review, so I wound up with the above instead.  Please fix.

I'll go ahead and fix the suggested text for Hulk, depending on how you want to make this.

If you want it to be SS-able later on: "Must first be Special Summoned with "Gamma Radiation".

If you want to go the Nomi route: "Must be Special Summoned with "Gamma Radiation" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways."

-----------

But yeah, Human is a Fake type; for that reason, it's been moved to Experimental.

However, that's certainly not the full extent of things.

Gamma Radiation doesn't do much, except banish Bruce.

UE/Misaka already covered the points about Hulk himself. Unless you give him a proper effect text and all (reminder that this is not CFV in which there is flavor text on cards, coupled with effects), we can't really say much.

Archived